Deejai Backpacker Reviews

193/1-2 Ratchamunka Rd., Phasing, Chiang Mai, Thailand

This is a great hostel with amazing facilities to meet other travellers. There is a separate garden with a pool to chill out and chat to other travellers. Come here for a party atmosphere. Don't expect too much quiet sleep. But the atmosphere is great.

• 22nd Dec 2015

I had a great time at Deejai's backpackers! Would come back for sure!

This is by far the best hostel and if you are staying in Chiang Mai you'd be a fool not to stay at Deejai. The facilities are clean and comfortable but most of all the staff and the atmosphere are AMAZING. The garden was a fantastic place to meet people and the community that Deejai cultivates is inspiring. Loved it here and was recommending it to everyone I ran into on my travels afterwards. Thank you Deejai!

Old and dirty

• 20th Dec 2015
  • Greece

Deejai's was the best hostel experience I've had. I'm a solo college traveler here on break and found out quickly this is the best hostel in Chiang Mai in terms of making friends and getting the best deals on activities. Everyone is super friendly and because it's huge it's easy to go on activities with other people/groups. Also great for partying. Will stay here again next time!

SUCH an awesome place! Five bucks a night and a pool? What else could you ask for? The staff were really helpful and it felt like home! Little far from town but the walk is nice. Lockers for all your important stuff... Thanks deejai!

without going into much detail here, this hostel is probably the best in town if you want to meet nice people and have fun, and it's good value considering they have a pool :D

• 16th Dec 2015
  • Norway

Love this hostel, good beds, friendly staff, great locations and Deejai garden where they have the pool is a nice place to hang out.

Really nice hostel, they have a garden and a pool where you can chill. The rooms were quite small but the beds were fine. The staff was really nice, I got really ill and fainted in the lobby and they stayed with me till I felt fine and brought me back to my room and got me medication etc. it's pretty far from the party area though but overall a nice hostel.

Fantastic hostel, will definitely be staying here again on our way back through . The only feedback is that having to take your shoes off everytime you come inside is a pain

My favourite place to stay in Chiang Mai! Dorms are sufficient, atmosphere is great and the seperate bar/restaurant/pool area is really good!

Loved the hostel. Great atmosphere and nice pool. Little downside was that the lockers were downstairs and a bit far from the dorm.

Definitely a great place to stay if you are looking to meet friends! Always a lot of people hanging around the lobby so not a great place if you are looking to have some peace and solitude. Great breakfast menu and location

The pool area down the road and the common area were great places to meet people and very fun. But the beds were extremely uncomfortable and if you're unlucky enough to have a room next to the main area it gets loud around midnight because of all the people coming back from the bars

Stayed in a double private. The toilette downstairs had the worst smell ever. Toilette in my room was ok though.

We arrived late at night after a long day of travelling and the staff were rude and unhelpful. It seemed like there was a good atmosphere amount the other travellers as they stayed up until 1.30 being noisy and nothing was done even though the sign say be quiet after 11. It stank of sewage we didn't even want to use the shower or toilet. Our plan was to extend our stay but instead we left first thing in the morning and went to a different hostel. However they did seem ok at booking excursions.

Dirty hostel, other then that cool vibe and has an awesome pool just down the street. You get what you pay for

Pretty cool place to stay, decent social area and a pool/bar down the road. No complaints really, great place for the price.

The location of the hostel is okay. Unfortunately it was extremely noisy on friday and saturday nights until around 2am. You can hear everything inside your dorm even when weating ear plugs! So I wouldn't recommend staying here if you want a decent nights sleep! I also found that the westerman white man (don't know his name) with the beard was rather rude and patronising. He even seemed to treat his staff in a rude way. The wifi isn't the best either.

• 4th Dec 2015

I heard a lot of great things about this hostel but honesty, it's only saving grace was the pool down the street. My room was stifling and always smelled like sewage. The windows don't have screens so you can't even leave the windows open without getting mosquitos. The lounge is set up in a way that isn't inclusive. The beds weren't exactly comfortable and it took a long time to be helped at reception (always a huge line). I'd stay somewhere else next time. It's a cheap place, in many ways.