Deejai Backpacker Reviews

193/1-2 Ratchamunka Rd., Phasing, Chiang Mai, Thailand

When we arrived at the hostel it was around 4.30am and we was greated well and was set up with our room already which was great because we just wanted to sleep. The rooms was standard but the social area was great to meet people as well as the front garden area. Only negative side was we had hoped our rooms/bathrooms would have been cleaned everyday since we are sharing a room with four,the bins got filled up quickly and the bathroom felt stuffy with no ventilation. The staff member were helpful

Very dirty, staff not friendly. There is a reason this place is cheap!

convinient

Great hostel. The old English speaker at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The Thai ladies cooking could be a tad friendlier. I know hostels are hit and mis but I found the people staying there not that social. I wonder if the hostel has events to get people meeting and talking.

It's a nice place overall, nice location, friendly crowd. Could be cleaner though. It's worth it for the free use of the pool.

Overall I enjoyed my stay, largely down to the company... The prices were really quite reasonable. I did have an issue with a blocked toilet- it was blocked when we got the room. After I reported it, it still did not get fixed, until I asked for a plunger and had to do it myself! This happened twice... Also in the 4 days that we stayed, there was no sign of any cleaning done at the place. It would have been nice to have had communal cleaning products so I could have at least cleaned it myself!

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Scotland

Great value for money, really quiet at night so no trouble getting to sleep unlike some other hostels.

Great social hostel with nice staff and excellent food.

Good value for money. Basic rooms but very comfortable beds. Helpful staff - arranged my bus to Pai and motorcycle hire. Hostel is a little out of the way but easy to get around if you have a motorcycle or get a tuk tuk.

Had a great time - very social environment but not such that you couldn't get a good nights sleep. Made many friends, and had great nights at the bar down the road owned by the same establishment. Highly recommend!

This hostel has a reasonably handy location and has a cool bar down the road to hang out at. However some of the staff were terrible, so unfriendly and the service at the cafe in the hostel was awful.

I visited many Hostel in the world and i can cleary say that this is the best! There are a lot of cool people and is very easy to make new friends! Unfortunately I spend few days there and I didn't enjoy completely all the facilities. I choose the single room, it was clean and great.

One of th best hostels I've stayed in, in thailand. Great atmosphere, and the staff is very friendly. Would stay here again for sure

Totally love this place, nice clean and handsome ;) Staff is great too, just perfect!

• 19th Dec 2014

Hostel is ok (especially for the price) but it depends in which dorm you are. First time I had dorm where the shower didn't work, took a day to make it work again. The hostel is also a little bit far from all the restaurants and bars so if you would like to be in the middle of everything this is not the place to go. Good place to meet nice people. Did like the garden with pool and bbq.

Great social friendly hostel, swimming pool, very knowledgable and friendly staff, a good location within the old town with small clean dorms, great value for money. Defo recommend Only cons were , there was only 1 toilet in the common area and there wasn't any lockers In the dorms only in a room off the common area, also there weren't enough lockers for everyone in the hostel, which wasn't a problem as me and a friend shared one but could see this being awkward if traveling alone.

Tayah was amazing and all staff were helpful! Cheers guys!

I loved Deejai. Warm staff, friendly atmosphere. Welcoming vibe. I'm suggesting it to all my friends.

• 9th Dec 2014
  • US Virgin Islands

I wasn't here long enough but I would recommend to others. The staff were great, we arrived early hours of the morning & they allowed us to check in instead of waiting. I needed to extend my room as I was really poorly but they allowed me to stay until my night bus was due. No complaints .. great hostel.

Great fun and would return again :)