Deejai Backpacker Reviews

193/1-2 Ratchamunka Rd., Phasing, Chiang Mai, Thailand

I wasn't here long enough but I would recommend to others. The staff were great, we arrived early hours of the morning & they allowed us to check in instead of waiting. I needed to extend my room as I was really poorly but they allowed me to stay until my night bus was due. No complaints .. great hostel.

Great fun and would return again :)

Deejai Backpackers is such an awesome place. At the hostel you can get dorms or private rooms. The dorms are spacious, but a private room is not even that expensive and so nice. The swimming pool is great to have down the street! From Deejai you can walk to everywhere in the city!

Nice hostel in the centre of Chiang Mai, with a big common area, but I think it could be a bit more sociable. There's a bathroom in each four beds dorms. My mattress was aweful.. but others weren't as bad so maybe I was just unlucky. Staff is nice and very helpful!

Very clean, well-maintained hostel with an excellent atmosphere. The advertised security cameras don't reach all the rooms, though, so make sure to lock your doors and be extra careful with your stuff. I was less careful than I should have been and a bunch of my stuff was stolen.

i liked the location of this place. Good stay.

Great place to stay and socialize with fellow travelers! Had a super great pool area down the road at the bar and just loads of friendly people. Pretty good dorms (4 to a room) with own bathrooms! Great lounge/commons area aw well. Would absolutely recommend!

Been travelling SE Asia for 3 months and this is the greatest hostel I've been to. Adam is a top guy and helped us out so much. Rob from the Bar/Pool is a top man as well. Would recommend this place to anyone staying in Chiang Mai, Superb!!!

Good staff most of time - got brushed off a few times but they also dropped me off at the airport for free, so I can't complain. Great social atmosphere (would appreciate vegetarian food or ability to order regular menu during BBQs though). Generally clean but poor infrastructure for a hostel (no toilet paper provided, one room's washroom didn't lock, no mirror in one room, small lockers outside the dorms, no personal outlets or reading lamps). Been spoiled by SEA hostels though...

Friendly staff

Great hostel! Probably one of the best in Thailand! These guys know what backpackers need in a place to stay. Great price, doors that lock, only 4 beds in the room, good food, 24 hour staff, inside the moat and close to attractions, really really wonderful.

Deejai backpackers made my trip to chang mai! Awesome place to meet like minded people and Adam, Rob and all the staff members are the nicest folk going. Deejai garden literally 2 mins down the road which has good value booze, a tree top hang out and it even has a pool (which is free for all hostel guests!) from the moment I walked in I felt welcomed and met some really cool and interesting people during my stay. Life is ice cream at deejai backpackers!

• 3rd Oct 2014