Deejai Backpacker Reviews

193/1-2 Ratchamunka Rd., Phasing, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Great for partying! I had a great time at this hostel - grabbing a party crew and heading out to Zoe's. However, Facilities aren't too prime and there are no lockers in the rooms. The room keys don't have numbers in them so are easily lost and the staff don't give you any advice on directions or recommendations. Breakfast menu is overpriced.

I've stayed here a number of of time over a few years and the staff are what make it. Chris is a lovely guy and the place wouldn't be the same without rob. Always recommend to people for the atmosphere and family like feeling!!

Not the best beds, and not to clean. It's a bit og a walk to the night market. But on the plus side, the pool and garden are amazing and I met so many great people here. I would stay here again.

Spend just a few hours here during our 2 days stay..we were always out since it was the loy krathong festival when we visited. Overall experience was nice. 4 bed dorm room has a bathroom with hot and cold shower. Comfy beds, our room is fan only but it was okay. Good staff and was accommodating answered all our questions. Has wifi but a bit slow Location not that easy to find and will have to walk for a few minutes to establishment but if you prefer quite streets this is a place for you.

• 24th Nov 2015
  • Philippines

The bathroom downstairs and the locker room smelled horrible. There are no outlets for the top bunks. The lobby and the pool area were both great.

I had an awesome experience at Deejai! Loved the breakfast at the bar across the street. Didn't spend too much time in the actual hostel. Met some cool people, though. Only qualm was the multiple cockroaches that came out of my bathroom wall!!! Yikes!

• 20th Nov 2015

Friendly atmosphere, really helpful staff with bookings and what to do around town. Also has a separate bar and pool area, best Pad Thai I've had so far in Thailand!

Had a great time at this hostel ! Great atmosphere and staff was vedy nice ! They have a restaurant in the loby and the food is good ! onky negative thing is the bathrooms smell like sewer but thats just the water from the toilet ! You also have to ask front desk for toilet paper bcuz they dont provide it in the bathroom. Sheets are dirty ... But would stay here again :) just for the atmosphere

• 17th Nov 2015

Too bad we got a room right above the entrance. In the middle of both nights some visitors came back from the pubs and staid very noise for at least two hours. Overal impression is oke for backpackers

• 16th Nov 2015

Deejai is awesome. It's the perfect place to meet people, and make tours. They always worried about people there. I totally recommend it.

Stayed there for 5 nights. The pool area made up for the room, which are in heavy need of a modernization. The shower in my room was cold water only, with low pressure. The sink in the ground floor missed a pipe and all the water dropped on the floor. However staff was friendly and overall it was a good time. But I would consider staying at another place if I came to Chiang Mai again.

The pool area is really good, kinda pricy for food but if you read the farm thing then it makes sense. The breakfast is on point though. Great for socialising and the hostel remains quiet as the pool is down the road 👍🏻

Thid hostel is fantastic if you are looking to meet people and be social. Has the most amazing pool and bar area only 2 minute walk down the road. Food and drinks are good too. Security at the pool is good but anyone can walk into the corridors where the rooms are. The rooms are locked with a key but doors can be left open by accident. I would definitely stay here again if you don't mind a little bit of noise and are looking for a good time !

Please keep hostel clean, if you want us to remove our shoes, make sure the floor is clean!

Amazing hostel!! Met the best people at this hostel around there salt water pool that is connected to a well priced bar that serves good food! We stayed in several rooms - two different private rooms and one dorm room (all air con although they offer a fan option)... Private rooms were different - one had fridge but the other didn't, one had large tv whereas the other one was small so luck of the draw. Dorm room was comfy. Staff were really helpful and friendly. Large communal area with wifi.

Awesome place guys! Would definitely recommend. Although if you guys could get another toilet downstairs that would be great :)

Ab Fab Hostel. I recommend it !

We enjoyed our time in Chiang Mai, the staff were amazing and very helpful. I think the manager was called Rick or Rich? Anyway, he offered a lot if advice and suggestions. The pool area was incredible (although not on site) and we enjoyed celebrating Halloween there. However the rooms are in desperate need of an update and improvement on cleanliness would be recommended (dirty sheets).

I had a great stay! I will advise others to stay at Deejai's! The atmosphere is wonderful and very easy to make friends. The staff was very accommodating and very wonderful. They take good care of their customers.

• 27th Oct 2015

Deejai was a great place, we stayed four nights! Other reviews are pretty spot on, yes its quite a dirty hostel and the bathroom was a nightmare, but the pool is absolutely amazing and the atmosphere was so good. Met loads of nice people here!! Would stay again.