Deejai Backpacker Reviews

193/1-2 Ratchamunka Rd., Phasing, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Very good Chiang Mai hostel. Staff are helpful with bookings/laundry etc. The pool is an added bonus for the cheap price. The rooms can get hot with just a fan though. Very social if that's what you're after.

Amazing pool and garden area, there is good food and drinks at the bar there as well as at the hostel itself. Good atmosphere as well. Negatives are it wasn't very clean and the bathrooms weren't very nice. Also the HostelWorld description of the room said that we had aircon but when we got there they said we hadn't and we had to pay 50 baht extra for aircon, which I'm fine paying extra for but they should have the option to book the aircon on HostelWorld.

Had an amazing stay and deejai.... Stayed there twice !! Great staff and really helpful for booking things. Deejai garden and the food is definitely one of the highlights ! They throw awesome nights and actually play GOOD music . Everyone is really friendly and it is very social ... Great place to met people . Highly recommended !

I stayed there for 2 Nights. My bed was on the top and it was like a fridge. 50cm in front of my legs was the a/c and nearby me was the fan. I was freezing the whole time. The bed was dirty too soft and my wall looks like somebody puked on it. The bathroom door had a kind of mold on the bottom, the washbasin dropped badly and the "window" had no mosquito net. Probably it would be better if you check the room first before you check in there.

What a wonderful place! Great for a group of travelers or as a solo backpacker. Rooms aren't the nicest but location is close to bars and in the old square. Easy to rent bikes right from the hostel. Pool is amazing and great place to hang out during the day/night

The staff here are amazing! First day one staff member took us to the Canyon for cliff jumping and gave us a list of the best places to eat and drink. Also had a pretty horrible experience at a bar, and One of the main staff Rob helped us get our friend to the hospital, talk to th doctors and make sure we were okay. Honestly went above and beyond, cannot rate them enough! Pool and bar are fabulous too!

Definitely don't change the bed sheets or clean the rooms well. However everything is nice outside the rooms- pool area is beautiful and staff are really nice

The rooms were very basic, and also smelt damp. The staff were quite rude at times and not very helpful. However the swimming pool was nice and good food is served

Deejai is a great place to meet new people. Staff is awesome, especially teya! Rob was great too. The location is awesome and the breakfasts are good and a reasonable price. Wifi is a bit sketchy but otherwise a good stay. Make sure to get an A/C room or you might melt! (We switched from a fan to an A/C and we were much happier)

Good atmosphere to meet people but everything is dirty. Bathrooms are smelly and was filled with spiders. Sheets not clean. A bit of a walk to anything. The one plus is they have a nice pool area to hangout at.

Rooms a little unclean, pool area great but the trees need to be chopped down so it's in the sun for a longer amount of time. Great that reception can book all our activities for us!

Really great, somewhat social... The bar across the road was beautiful and the man who runs the hostel gave us free food there which was nice :)

Such a nice hostel and so easy to meet people if you're alone! I extended my stay 6 nights because I was loving it. Reception are always happy to help you with everything which is the best and booked all buses and tours for cheaper then travel agents. I will be back

Great value for money. Beds were OK. Pool/bar area is great for socialising in the evenings

Honestly expected much more from my stay as many others had incredible experiences. However we found the owner quiet rude, all other staff were decent. Lockers are placed no where near the rooms which is impractical. Our beds weren't changed and when asked if we could have clean sheets we were told it was because the people before us checked out late and made to feel as though we were an inconvenience to ask for fresh beds. The bathroom was dirty and rooms are tiny with no storage space.

One of the higher (if not the highest) prices hostels I've stayed at. Good for a starting point in Bangkok but there are places a lot cheaper. Chill out area is ok and 2 minute walk from the main Koh San road which is good for nightlife. Lockers in the rooms and dorms are a good size. Clean bathrooms too. Would come back but prices should be lower

Everything here is great! Facilities, atmosphere, staff and location. Great place to stay!

Good hostel, chilled out area downstairs which made it easy to meet people, and the pool across the road was great for sitting having a beer

Super hostel with excellent staff. The pool area is great to chill out in and meet people.

Probably the best hostel of my trip, the rooms were what you expect for the price you pay but they are good. The best bit about deejai is the garden area really good environment. The food I had there is some of the best food I've had in Thailand and the staff are great.

• 4th Sep 2015