Demani Lodge Reviews

Paje East Coast, Zanzibar, P.O. Box 3721, Paje, Tanzania

The staff are great! Really makes the place it's own paradise with the staff being so kind, friendly, accomadating, helpful and appreciative! The food is also amazing! Probably in the top 3 places to eat in Paje. The pool is gorgeous, the rooms are in band as that make you feel like you are in your own tree house. The grounds are well kept and maintained. The lounge area is very welcoming and relaxing. No complaints with Demani!!

• 30th Jan 2016

The best place that I stayed at in Tanzania by far. The staff and atmosphere was much better than I had experienced before on mainland Tanzania and Zanzibar. The location was never an issue with the beach literally a three minute walk away and other areas easily accessible by a short walk, taxi or as I found most trucks will stop and give a lift. Testament to the staff and security was that I forgot my key deposit ($20) and the staff ring my taxi and organised for me to get it back. fantastic!

I came to Paje to kite and I had an amazing stay at Demani. The place is clean, and the atmosphere is amazing. All personnel is extremely nice, helpful and relaxed. The location is the only point, but this probably is the reason why this hostel is so nice. If there was a car available, we were dropped of at the kitespot for free (a taxi to the kitespot is only 5000 TSH). Finally, they let me store my kitegear for free during my 10 day trip to the mainland! I would recommend it to anybody!

• 21st Jan 2016

Demani was awesome! Great value for money, very clean and great vibe. Very close to the beach. Would recommend to stay here, as would definitely stay here again.

Staying at Demani Lodge has been an unforgettable hostel experience for me. The atmosphere was great as much as the staff. At Demani, you can fully feel the African relaxation with natural atmosphere around it. No need to comment on the fascinating decoration through the entire premises. In brief, Demani Lodge will definitely offer you far more than what you could have expected from a hostel. If you are heading to the east coast of Zanzibar, Demani is ready to give you the warmest welcome ever..

Top hostel, only drawback is the location about a 25 minute walk to the beach, but once your there it really doesn't seem like a big issue. Really good place to meet other backpackers with a chilled atmosphere except Thursday when the have a bbq which was good fun.

Demani Lodge was really great. We had some of our stuff stolen at the beach, but Lynn and Issa were amazing, they helped us liaise with the Paje Police and even helped look for our stuff. They are truly dedicated to their customers , and really made the stay, in spite of the misfortunate occurrence, to be great. I would highly recommend anyone who comes to Paje to stay at Demani , you won't be disappointed. The food was good, the rooms were nice (albeit small, but thats ok). Love Demani!

Great place to stay Iv been here two weeks now and not one bit bored. I came to kite surf and have been pretty unlucky with wind, being over 100kg I need a bit more than most to get up wind even on my 17m but its picking up now and I plan to stay at least another two weeks. Demani is not on the beach but only a short walk 10 minutes tops. The menu is great but after two weeks I am craving a Roast dinner. There is a great pool to cool down (a bit) and relax chatting with other guests or read

Thank you for a great time! You really made our holidays and helped organizing all trips and shuttles! I can definitely recommend this Lodge! :)

We loved this place so we stayed longer than expected. The atmosphere and the way how it is designed feels like home. The whole team is very nice and more than helpful. We will definitely come back if going to zanzibar again. Thanks for everything.

• 12th Sep 2015

Thanks to the staff for the extra effort to make the night life fun! You guys are the best!

• 23rd Aug 2015