Demani Lodge Reviews

paje east coast zanzibar, p o box 501, Paje, Tanzania

Absolutely amazing hostel, the favourite I stayed in during my time in Zanzibar. The staff were so friendly and made us feel welcome and comfortable as soon as we arrived. The food was delicious and pretty cheap. The rooms were clean and spacious and well air conditioned. I loved the layout of the hostel with all the hammocks and the gorgeous swimming pool. This is a place you could easily come with friends or even alone and you'd have a great time!

• 16th Apr 2014

It is wonderful. The pool is amazing. Very relaxed atmosphere, good,food, great staff just wish it was right on the beach.

Lovely place with lovely people....thank you for a great time .Close to Page and a small walk to the beach.

• 4th Apr 2014

Sadly, the staff and location let this place down. Breakfast was tasty but be prepared for slow (pole pole) service.

The hotel is not on the beach, it is a 10 minutes walk to a nice one or just 1 minute to a rocky beach where you can not swim. I left my bag at the front desk and got money taken from it ! ! ! When i talked to the manager he told me I was liar!.

My boyfriend and I, we stayed at Demani Lodge for six days. The place is very nice and well managed with friendly staff and managers. We had a really relaxing time there. We definately recommend the place for backpackers and budget travellers. There are some small things we did not like some much: The beach is quite close (2 min walk) but very rocky, for a nice place, it is necessary to walk a bit (e.g. to Paje). The cost for water bottles at the lodge is twice the price as in the supermarket.

• 6th Mar 2014

Beutifull place who handeled by very good people.

• 6th Mar 2014