Demani Lodge Reviews

paje east coast zanzibar, p o box 501, Paje, Tanzania

It is wonderful. The pool is amazing. Very relaxed atmosphere, good,food, great staff just wish it was right on the beach.

The hotel is not on the beach, it is a 10 minutes walk to a nice one or just 1 minute to a rocky beach where you can not swim. I left my bag at the front desk and got money taken from it ! ! ! When i talked to the manager he told me I was liar!.

My boyfriend and I, we stayed at Demani Lodge for six days. The place is very nice and well managed with friendly staff and managers. We had a really relaxing time there. We definately recommend the place for backpackers and budget travellers. There are some small things we did not like some much: The beach is quite close (2 min walk) but very rocky, for a nice place, it is necessary to walk a bit (e.g. to Paje). The cost for water bottles at the lodge is twice the price as in the supermarket.

• 6th Mar 2014

Beutifull place who handeled by very good people.

• 6th Mar 2014
  • Israel

best value so far. ok, the beach is 5 min away, but who cares, there is a pool. food is tasty and the staff friendly. the rooms are basic but that doesnt matter, cos you hang outside. bathrooms where clean.

Great place, atmosphere and staff. Definitely will be back.

• 22nd Jan 2014
  • Scotland

Lovely place, friendly people, nice pool

Friendly, staff ok, nice swimming pool, but noisy some nights due to late parties, and far from main beach & village.

I couldn't imagine a better way to have ended our three month trip in Africa than staying at Demani. The staff was super helpful, our bungalow was great, the grounds were amazing, the food and drinks were really good, and I loved the fact that we were across the street from the beach rather than right on it - the pool more than makes up for it, and it adds a great sense of privacy. I'd definitely come here again. The hammocks hanging in front of the rooms were also a giant plus

• 8th Nov 2013