Dempseys Hostel Kinsale Reviews

Eastern rd Kinsale, Co Cork, Kinsale, Ireland

Host was very friendly and welcoming, happy to help with restaurant suggestions and things to do.. however notified us after we payed that the heat was not working ... Did not offer any discounts or offer to refund money.. Luckily it was a not too cold of a night!

• 7th Oct 2014

Thank you for that kind review in fairness it's easy to recommend good eateries in Kinsale there's so many, no I didn't offer refund but I gave you the opportunity to request a refund after I said about heating, but you were Ok with it being unavailable so I left it there, if you were unhappy I would have insisted you take the payment back and found alternative accommodation, you didn't say so, I took this as you were content and no more was said, a discount is against policy, thank u.

Booked online, received confirmation of booking, arrived to check in only to find no room available for us. Had been given away for a 2 night stay. Only when pushed did staff make effort to find us somewhere else to stay. Very poor customer service. Actually not sorry we didn't stay there , got somewhere far better value.

• 27th Sep 2014

when you walked in the door I was surprised to see you as I was not expecting you, it was a GENUINE mistake and I recall apologizing profusely for it and the FIRST thing I did was offer the deposit back and accepted emphatically that it was MY mistake not the hostel as a whole but mine and again I am sorry, it appears you think that we had a booking with extended nights and we took them over you, not the case it was an honest error, the customer service cannot be that bad as we were FULL.

I enjoed my short stay in this hostel. My room and shared facilities were clean. Staff was really helpfull. The hostel is less then 10 minutes walk from the center of kinsale. i would reccomand this place.

The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The building itself seemed a little shabby, but our room and the common bathroom were spacious and clean, as was the self-catering kitchen. There was a winter garden where you could have your breakfast.