Dempseys Hostel Kinsale Reviews

Eastern rd Kinsale, Co Cork, Kinsale, Ireland

The room should be more often vantilated due to the smell of an old premises. There is no extra facilities, lnly the basics. Not quite shoure about staff but I think that the owner is the only staff and she was extremely nice and pleasant. Even though I made reservation over the site and should be charged just a difference till its full price of 15 euro it did not.hapened. So at the and insted 15 euro I have pade 16.80€ which I am paying in a far better hostels (Kinley, Isaac's).

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Croatia

Awesome hostel with awesome customer service. Very warm and cozy and a lovely friendly atmosphere

I personally was in a female dorm with 8 beds and luckily there were other mattresses available because there are a few mattresses that are horrible. Once I moved I slept like a baby.

Hi there, Firstly,thank you for taking the time to review your stay.It was very helpful to us as we had only just retaken over the running of the hostel and were focused on painting. We now have new mattresses on every bed along with new cosy duvets.I hope if you are down this way again you will stay with us. Thanks again, Dempsey's Hostel

I thought gentlemen that checked us in seemed like a great guy. I also liked that things seemed clean. A few issues I had were a lack of change when checking in. If you are with a big group, have the payment figured out a head of time because there wasn't any change. We had to figure it out among ourselves to pay for the hostel, even though we booked beds individually. My shower was miserable. It was either 3rd degree burns or ice cold and it changed automatically with no water pressure.

• 31st Jan 2015

There were only 2 other people in the hostel besides my group as it was the offseason, but we all had a good experience and would likely come back again if we are ever in Kinsale!