Dempseys Hostel Kinsale Reviews

Eastern rd Kinsale, Co Cork, Kinsale, Ireland

Great Hostel

Smelly room and dirty bed linen. May have caught head lice there?

• 9th May 2015

Very informative and friendly staff. The hostel is a few minute walk from the center of the town and is well priced for the area. Only one outlet in the room for 7 people though.

The lady working here could not have been more friendly or helpful, especially with information on what to do & when my bus did not stop to pick me up. The bed was comfortable & the place was very clean. Really nice sunroom & a decent kitchen. Didn't really meet anybody as my room was empty, but I imagine it'd have a nice atmosphere in peak season. Not too far from the town centre.

The room should be more often vantilated due to the smell of an old premises. There is no extra facilities, lnly the basics. Not quite shoure about staff but I think that the owner is the only staff and she was extremely nice and pleasant. Even though I made reservation over the site and should be charged just a difference till its full price of 15 euro it did not.hapened. So at the and insted 15 euro I have pade 16.80€ which I am paying in a far better hostels (Kinley, Isaac's).

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Croatia

Hi there, i'm sorry about the confusion with your booking.We were unaware that you had made an online booking when you arrived and that is why there was a difference in price. We will be in contact with you regarding a refund.

Finally a hostel where you don't freeze at night! Nice and warm thanks to heating system, and cosy beds.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

Awesome hostel with awesome customer service. Very warm and cozy and a lovely friendly atmosphere

I personally was in a female dorm with 8 beds and luckily there were other mattresses available because there are a few mattresses that are horrible. Once I moved I slept like a baby.

Hi there, Firstly,thank you for taking the time to review your stay.It was very helpful to us as we had only just retaken over the running of the hostel and were focused on painting. We now have new mattresses on every bed along with new cosy duvets.I hope if you are down this way again you will stay with us. Thanks again, Dempsey's Hostel

I thought gentlemen that checked us in seemed like a great guy. I also liked that things seemed clean. A few issues I had were a lack of change when checking in. If you are with a big group, have the payment figured out a head of time because there wasn't any change. We had to figure it out among ourselves to pay for the hostel, even though we booked beds individually. My shower was miserable. It was either 3rd degree burns or ice cold and it changed automatically with no water pressure.

• 31st Jan 2015

There were only 2 other people in the hostel besides my group as it was the offseason, but we all had a good experience and would likely come back again if we are ever in Kinsale!