Dempseys Hostel Kinsale Reviews

Eastern rd Kinsale, Co Cork, Kinsale, Ireland

Awesome hostel with awesome customer service. Very warm and cozy and a lovely friendly atmosphere

I personally was in a female dorm with 8 beds and luckily there were other mattresses available because there are a few mattresses that are horrible. Once I moved I slept like a baby.

Hi there, Firstly,thank you for taking the time to review your stay.It was very helpful to us as we had only just retaken over the running of the hostel and were focused on painting. We now have new mattresses on every bed along with new cosy duvets.I hope if you are down this way again you will stay with us. Thanks again, Dempsey's Hostel

I thought gentlemen that checked us in seemed like a great guy. I also liked that things seemed clean. A few issues I had were a lack of change when checking in. If you are with a big group, have the payment figured out a head of time because there wasn't any change. We had to figure it out among ourselves to pay for the hostel, even though we booked beds individually. My shower was miserable. It was either 3rd degree burns or ice cold and it changed automatically with no water pressure.

• 31st Jan 2015

There were only 2 other people in the hostel besides my group as it was the offseason, but we all had a good experience and would likely come back again if we are ever in Kinsale!

Host was very friendly and welcoming, happy to help with restaurant suggestions and things to do.. however notified us after we payed that the heat was not working ... Did not offer any discounts or offer to refund money.. Luckily it was a not too cold of a night!

• 7th Oct 2014

Thank you for that kind review in fairness it's easy to recommend good eateries in Kinsale there's so many, no I didn't offer refund but I gave you the opportunity to request a refund after I said about heating, but you were Ok with it being unavailable so I left it there, if you were unhappy I would have insisted you take the payment back and found alternative accommodation, you didn't say so, I took this as you were content and no more was said, a discount is against policy, thank u.