Denai Lodge Reviews

3952-I, 1st Floor, Jalan Padang Garong, Kota Bharu, Kota Bharu, Malaysia

A real highlight was the kind and helpful owners, Sue and Jack. A small, basic budget priced lodge with 3 rooms. We had a basic double room with aircon. Both the aircon and wifi worked well. The lodge is very well located and suitable if you are staying one night on your way to the islands. Our room was clean and had a comfortable mattress. The owners only speak a little bit of english and were often not present, but the they were delightful and helpful.

• 2nd Oct 2014

It's tiny and the people who work there barely speak any English. I was given a room with a double and a single bed. The double bed was awful, the springs were poking through the matress. The single bed was ok though. No A/C but there was a fan and the wifi worked fine. Security is terrible though, all the rooms had sliding doors which didn't lock and there were no lockers. I only stayed there for one night and the staff was kind enough to arrange a taxi for me which arrived right on time.

Worst hostel in my travels so far - basically because Denai Lodge say they have a dorm, which I booked into, but on arrival they say they only have single rooms and you have to stay in what can only be described as a squat opposite. The guy running it is super friendly but it didn't feel totally safe, was mega hot and I couldn't wait to book into somewhere else. The same happened to someone I met so my advice - avoid!