Denver International Youth Hostel Reviews

630 East, 16th Avenue, Denver, USA

Bed bucks, no water, incompetent staff, dirty linen, homeless people... At least we got our money back.

• 25th Jul 2014

After checking in I was directed to my room to discover bed bugs in my bed. When confronting this issue at the front desk the man mentioned 'oh I didn't think we had bed bugs in that room' suggesting that he was fully aware of a problem, I find this irresponsible. I asked for my money back in which he replied 'well I don't usually do that' but as a dissatisfied customer I made sure he did though this didn't not include my initial hostelworld booking fee.

The Denver International Youth Hostel is in prime location just minutes walking distance from the centre of the 16th Street Mall. The gentlemen who runs the hostel is lovely and has a real charm, which adds to the atmosphere. However as other reviews suggest the beds are very squeaky and cleanliness leaves a little bit to be desired. The kitchen has all the basic facilities necessary however there were no lockers were provided for your valuables to be stored safely in. I would stay here again.

It was in a good location close to 16th St Mall, security was fine Doors always locked, the staff behind the desk was nice and helpful and polite, the room was aweful dirty and bad air, small uncomfortable beds, not easy to get on a upper bank, stayed in a 10 bed f dorm, dirty bathroom and in the middle of the night water started to come from the ceiling in there. The floors smelled and everything was old. It was cheap, that's the only good thing I can tell. Not recommendable, never again.

• 30th May 2014

The Hostel was drafty and run down.

• 12th May 2014