Denver International Youth Hostel Reviews

630 East, 16th Avenue, Denver, USA

I read some of the bad reviews on here but I really don't have anything to complain about. They give you fresh linen, including a towel when you check in. Staff was excellent. provide a key to get in after 10 PM when the front door is locked, another key for your own room. Mattresses in my room where totally quiet, I had no trouble with them squeaking at night whatsoever. Met some of the best people I have on my travels so far. Location is superb! No lockers in rooms, may have had some elsewhere

We got a male and female dorms. We found out there are people who are homeless, run away from home, pushed by own family, drug addict ... the beds are awful. i bet the rooms haven't been cleaned for years, smells like mold. Pretty shock for us to arrive this place like this. We think we HAVE to give this review cos we don't want others backpackers got shocked and felt uncomfortable like us. We had to move to another hotel on next day! There are LOTS better and safe hostels in Cambodia than this!

Most of the staff was antisocial and possibly stoned on the job. The total alcohol ban was disappointing but likely due to understandable incidents in the past. Broken windows, broken toilets, and just general uncleanliness really added to the obvious age of the building. I stay at hostels for the social aspect and there were apparently upwards of 50 people around but due to the layout and stifling atmosphere of the building I barely met anyone. I would only stay here again to save money.

• 1st Nov 2013

The bed is too old and almost fell down from upper deck. But it is value for money. It would be great to have a common area and meet other travelers.

• 31st Oct 2013
  • Malaysia

The staff is incredibly helpful and nice. Th building is old and very filthy. The beds squeak every time you even think about moving, so bring ear plugs! There is no ladder for the bunk bed, be prepared to do acrobatics if you are on the top bed! Make sure you bring flip-flops for the shower stall. As usual, the best thing about these hostels is the location, location, location!