Depa House Reviews

Jalan Hanoman Padang Tegal, Ubud, Indonesia

Lovely family who run this home stay. Though it is not very private. I stayed in the downstairs room, when you walk out to the patio and sit down you are staring straight at the family watching TV five meters away and your only window looks out at the same seen. The room itself was a bit stuffy and the shower drain blocked. Sheets were relatively clean one stain. Depa house isn't the worst place but there are better and cheaper options very close by.

Left early because we felt we were paying way to much for what we were getting. The room was fine but had an awful smell that never went away (similar to urinal mints). The staff had good intentions but spoke very little English and we had a hard time figuring out who actually worked there. I would not recommend this place and don't think they should be charging this price for people to stay in a construction site. The reviews we read before coming here were very misleading.

Very good place to stay. I stayed there for 3 nights and everything worked like charm. Very good option if you are booking online. If you have time you could consider just going to ubud and search by yourself, there are plenty of guesthouses many with ac and even pool.

I love Depa House! I felt like I had my own Balinese apartment- close to everything in Ubud, but far enough off the street that it felt like a peaceful oasis. I stayed on the 2nd floor and it came with a large, comfortable bed, beautiful carved wooden furniture, a large private bathroom, a huge front porch with views of sunsets and temples, hot tea and coffee, and best of all a delicious homemade breakfast every morning. The hosts could not be sweeter. They went out of their way to welcome me.

Depa house is happily situated along one of the main streets in Ubud a good location for a base. Ketut the manager of this homestay is very accommodating and helpful with all our inquires. The family whose house it is are lovely, and even though their English is not fantastic we were still able to find out what we wanted to know. The house is under construction and a little noisy at times. The breakfast was nice, with coffee and tea readily available at all times of the day.

Great place and location. The family was very nice and helpful in everything. I would have rated Depa House higher, but they were under construction when I stayed there. I'm sure it will be even more amazing when it's done.

Lovely people. I highly recommend staying at Depa House.

This is a good starting out point for those who aren't sure of the area as there are many more better value hotels less than 100 Meyers away. I was a solo traveller and used it as a means to explore the nearby areas until I found a cheaper hotel with better wifi, a pool, and a bit more cleaner. Ketut is useful for organizing day trips and activities but I later found out that he over charged me on some of the activities, so make sure you do your homeowkt and haggle prices with him.

• 14th Jan 2015

A great place in the heart of Ubud,central but quiet. Very helpful hosts, clean and spacious room and bathroom, great private terrace for breakfast (included). A definite recommendation.

Overall is great, friendly and dedicated staff, cute puppy. Anoying roosters. Friendly geckos, our guardians against the bugs. Large balcony, cool breeze, neat bedding, hot and cold water, water condition acceptable. Nice breakfast. 15 min walk to ubud palace. Cheap rental motorbike. Expanding hostal. Some suggestions: 1.improve Wifi 2. bathroom flood 3. need gathering place 4. Hair dryer 5. Clean motorbike helmet Thank you For the stay and hospitality!

Highly recommend! The room is simple, clean, and nice, with a beautiful Balinese door as the entrance. The hosts are extremely kind and wonderful - they helped me arrange a motorbike rental and even invited me to attend a temple ceremony with their family. The WiFi is very good for Ubud. There was some construction nearby during my stay, but it always finished by 10PM and was never a problem for me.

Very clean, very friendly staff, fan in the room, delicious breakfeast is served on your own terrace, they offer tours and taxis and whatever you need, traditional dance show is just next door and you can ask the owner for a ticket ( same price as if you buy it at the entrance)

Our first guesthouse experience was excellent! I didn't expect that they had just a few rooms. Breakfast was delicious, every morning something different. The family was really nice and took really good care of us.

This literally the best place that we have stayed in Bali. The people who ran the place were absolutely lovely and really accommodating. They cooked us amazing breakfasts and there was always coffee and hot water available on our porch. The room was very beautiful and clean and it was a great value for money. We absolutely recommend the place and we would stay there again, without a doubt!!!

I was in Depa House for 2 nights and I like this place. Good location, near Ubud Palace and Ubud Market. Owner is very kind, his cousin gave me a private plan for my next days. Breakfast is good too, egg, sandwich, fresh fruit and Indonesian coffee. Bedroom is clean and quiet with good wifi, but there is no air-condition. Overall, Depa House is worth to stay!

Beautiful room, close to lots of things. The hosts were very welcoming and breakfast was really delicious. Definitely recommend it!

• 23rd Oct 2014

Host was really great and the location is perfect. Would definitely stay here again!!!

Spacious rooms, very close to restaurants and within walking distance to most ubud attractions, staff very friendly and a got breakfast served on your own terrace is a lovely touch.