9.5
Superb 164 Total Reviews
9.5
Superb 164 Total Reviews
Depa House Located at Jalan Hanoman Padang Tegal, , Ubud.
Indonesia
Ubud Bali 80571 Jalan Hanoman Padang Tegal
95% 164
-8.5146471 115.2635335
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 25-30
13th Aug 2016

Definitely one of the best hostels in ubud. The staff make you feel like you're apart of their family, breakfast is to die for, and it's close to the markets, yoga barn and monkey forest.

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
11th Aug 2016

Overall a great experience! Yummy breakfast and excellent staff and service! They are very attentive!

• Vietnam, Female, 18-24
2nd Aug 2016

Such a good value for money. It's one street over from the busiest street so the location is perfect and a little bit quieter. The room is great and the staff are so nice. I had a crazy early flight and they even packed me a breakfast for the airport! I gave the location a 4/5 simply because the original depa house was full and they moved me to their second location without prior notice (but the second location is just up the street in an equally great spot).

• scottwmillar
  • New Zealand, Male, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
29th Jul 2016

This is one of the nicest places I have stayed in. The room was spacious and very clean, breakfast was delicious and varied each day, and the staff were always kind and attentive. I took an excellent 1-day tour around many of the sites near Ubud, run by the owner (I think it's the Kintamani-Volcano tour in the guidebook provided in your room), and he also dropped me off at my next hotel in Legian. It's near to a variety of great restaurants, cafes and sites. I highly recommend staying here!

• Ireland, All Female Group, 25-30
27th Jul 2016

I stayed in Depa house last week. I couldn't recommend this homestay more. They were all so welcoming from the time we arrived and organised all of our tours around ubud for us. They also organised the bus and fast boat to Gili T at the end of our stay... They also woke up before 7 to make us breakfast that morning which was so nice. They gifted us with handmade buddas when leaving - a nice touch and parting gift! Will definitely come back! Thanks again!

• England, Female, 25-30
24th Jul 2016

Absolutely excellent location. Amazing value for money - cutest room and *best* breakfast of my whole trip. The breakfast is always a plate of mixed very fresh fruit plus something hot and home cooked. The best thing was the owner, Gede, and his wife. They were hugely helpful, arranged excursions for me at excellent prices and offered a lot of advice. Would strongly recommend this place!

• Denmark, Female, 41+
22nd Jul 2016

Great little family owned gem with friendly helpful staff -get an upstairs room with your own balkony and view over the rooftops :)

• Australia, Female, 25-30
16th Jul 2016

Beautiful host! Great location. Nice accommodation.

• Costa Rica, Mixed Group, 41+
15th Jul 2016

They sent us to Sapta House, which is run by the sister of the owner of Depa House. Sapta House is even closer to the city centre (5 min walk). I guess the facilities are recently built, so everything is nice. It was a great atmosphere and character. They treat you as part of the family and you have free coffee and breakfast the whole day. As stated in previous reviews the breakfast is super. They rent scooter for 50000 R. I would definitely recommended

• Australia, Female, 18-24
11th Jul 2016

Such a beautiful family run home stay. The room was beautiful and clean and they Brough a delicious breakfast to my room every morning. The family was also willing to drive me anywhere in the city for free and were very helpful in deciding where to go. Only down side was there wasn't much wifi in the room