Depa House Reviews

Jalan Hanoman Padang Tegal, Ubud, Indonesia

This little oasis to be by surprise in the morning as I arrived in the middle of the night. Ilu and Gaday are the lovely owners who will do whatever they can for you. They are situated down Jalan Hanuman this road is an off soot from the main Ubud center road. If you would love resided in your own temple house this is the place to be. If you want to book this tours and rides with them they will give you a reasonable price. So kick back, relax and enjoy

Very friendly family.. Good value for money. I would reccomend it to everybody

• 19th Jul 2015
  • Belgium

Really enjoyed my stay at Depa House. Everyone was really friendly and helpful. Breakfast was absolutely amazing and I loved my room. Wish I could have stayed longer.

• 16th Jul 2015

We really enjoyed our three night stay at Depa House. The owner is a policeman so has lots of tips and is very helpful. We rented scooters and when there weren't enough scooters he called his friend for an additional one. The breakfast is good and set us up for the day. The owner also dropped us off at our shuttle bus in the morning which was incredibly helpful. One small improvement could be the wifi signal upstairs. All in all, it was a fantastic stay.

• 13th Jul 2015

Very hospitable and comfortable space

• 10th Jul 2015

This place was exactly what we wanted from Ubud. Our hosts treated us as if we were part of the family, nothing was too much trouble. The room was great with a beautiful balcony, coffee and tea available at all times - good shower too! Every morning breakfast was made fresh and on request, even authentic Balinese if you want to try. We booked tours and hikes through them which saved time and effort and our host's brother even drove us to Uluwatu for a cheaper than average taxi fare. Perfection!

• 4th Jul 2015

Loved staying at Depa house! The family is really kind and always working very hard to make your stay perfect. The location is good. The room was clean and we even had our own porch where breakfast was delivered every morning. Stayed an extra night, because we liked Ubud and Depa house so much.

We has a frenar stay at Depa House! Thank you for being so accommodating. The room was super clean and the breakfast was delicious!!

Deep House was great! The room we had was beautiful and comfortable. The family was so nice and breakfast was amazing. We liked it so much we stayed a second night.

The family that run depa house were fantastic! They cooked us up a really good breakfast every morning and nothing was too much trouble for them to help us with! Great place and would definitely stay again.

Such a lovely place! Stayed for one night before flying out of Bali, and I wished I'd stayed longer! Had a lovely room to myself, very clean and tidy, with a balcony as an added bonus. Breakfast was best I'd had in Bali, and the staff were very welcoming and helpful when I had to arrange transport to the airport. Would definitely return.

Gede and his wife were so friendly and kind. We enjoyed it to stay at this place. I would defenetly stay there again. Hope to come back soon. Terima kasih.

Excellent room with hot shower and large double bed, fantastic breakfast and lovely staff who make you feel very welcome.

• 21st May 2015

The family / staff at Depa House were very helpful every time. Breakfast was a delite. Rooms were better than my house. Definitely would stay there again.

Great place to stay - good central location and really nice attentive family running the place.

• 14th May 2015
  • New Zealand

We booked online at depa house but when we arrived it was full so we stayed at their family member's hostel which was on the same property as depa house but I assume much older and lower quality. So I cannot say how depa house was, it looked ok from the outside. There is no reception area. But the family who runs the business is very kind and sweet and they brought us a delicious breaky in the morning.

Lovely place, with great service and a good atmosphere. It was really the hotel highlight of our Indonesian vacation

The highlight of my trip to Bali - staying with a real Balinese family, and seeing the everyday life. A female traveling alone I felt so safe, and the family/staff did everything to make me comfortable. Daily deliveries of fruit, tea and coffee were amazing. The location is perfect - easy to walk to all of Ubud sights. Depa House is amazing - can't recommend it enough.

• 19th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

It was absolutely lovely! Breakfast was amazing, you were given so much and it was all delicious. The family were so nice, it was such a friendly atmosphere and they were genuinely so willing to help. I would definitely recommended staying here. You're in a perfect location on a great street, 5 minutes walk from the Main Street. The only thing is there is a temple next door that played very cultural and jingly music into the early hours of the morning.

• 9th Apr 2015

This is a family run establishment and the family are all very nice and helpful people who provide first class service from providing hot water for your tea all day to giving you a lift or sourcing a particular item you require at no additional cost. Goodeh and his family are the best and so is Depa House. I'm glad I stayed there and look forward to staying there again if I am ever in Bali.