Depa House Reviews

Jalan Hanoman Padang Tegal, Ubud, Indonesia

Great place and lovely family, they are friendly and open to help you with Any question or advice. Good breakfast and other travellers you meet in Depa House.

• 10th Jan 2016

Depa House and its staff/family is simply amazing. We received the most welcoming and warm kindness. We extended our stay twice and miss them already. The rooms are beautiful with balconies and the whole surrounding is magic and inspiring with flowers, plants, water and little stone sculptures. Breakfast was delicious and nutritious and prepared with love, as everything else in Depa House. Again, very friendly and helpful hosts with hearts of gold

This is a really great place to stay in Ubud. The staff are so friendly and helped me out a lot by organising things for me to do in the area and even giving me lifts places. The breakfast was perfect and it was great to spend time with such a lovely welcoming family. The hostel is centrally located but in a quiet area. Thank you!

Was absolutely terrible! There was a cockroach in my room

• 31st Dec 2015
  • India

An absolutely wonderful spot to stay. Such a welcoming and lovely family who are always smiling and will help with whatever you need. A great location next to everything you need, and also just a stone throw away from the best yoga places, restaurants and the monkey forest! The daily breakfast is delicious as well. We originally planned to stay just 2 nights but extended to 4 as we realised what a little hidden gem we have found. The rooms are comfortable, clean and quiet! Overall a great place

• 25th Dec 2015

The Depa House was excellent given the price. Really nice family who owns it and great breakfast! Right in the city center and easy access to tours all over the island. Would definitely stay again next time we're in Ubud.

• 18th Dec 2015

Great place to stay for all types of travellers. Staff are lovely and very helpful. I will be returning.

I like breakfast !

If you want to relax in clean, quiet, comfortable room with friendly family, here would be perfect place. very quiet and homely feeling.

• 9th Dec 2015
  • South Korea

Great location off the street. Location is very quiet and staff are very friendly. Breakfast is included and delicious. Rooms are clean. No air conditioning, however large ceiling fan keeps room cool as the air flow is distributed very well.

Me and my girlfriend had anazing stay here, staff were extremely friendly & helpful with giving us tips on where to go in the area. They arranged a scooter for us and also a day tour. The owner and his wife are lovely - the owner has a good sense of humor and introduced himself to us as Mr Big :D Family run place and the owners brothers taxi'd us back to Kuta for an affordable price. Room and surrounds were lovely and the facilities and overall cleanliness of the hotel was great

We had an amazing stay at Depa House in Ubud. The staff were wonderful people who helped us make our stay extra special. Suggested places for us to see, made us breakfast every morning and were very kind people in general. Highly recommend staying at this hostel!

I spent some days in Depa House. It was all in one a beautiful stay. I don't know why the room was not cleaned the last two days (but I am sure that if I had asked, they would have done it), but as I said: the athmosphere was very nice, a very positive stay.

Amazing host and a fantastic breakfast. Had a beautiful room overlooking the courtyard. Ketut even showed me how to dress so I could attend a ceremony at the local temple. Would definitely recommend

Fantastic place. Lovely, welcoming and helpful owners and got a really taste of Bali family life. Very tasty and varied breakfast, comfortable rooms, great location close to the centre of Ubud but away from all the traffic noise. Other guests staying there were really friendly too. I would recommend everyone to stay here!

This is the perfect place if you want to stay in ubud, a beautiful room, close to the main tourist sites ...and an excellent staff. We highly recommend this hostel!!!

This was honestly my FAVORITE hostel this far. I am traveling around the world so comfort and kindness go a long way. Gede and his family were BEYOND sweet and treated us like family. They went out of their way and even dropped off and picked up our laundry! Breakfast was delicious every morning and we booked our tour through them. Besides the fact that I LOVED BALI they made is 100 times better. This is where I'll be staying until I can afford my own vacation home here. GOGOGO!!!

Overall it's a decent place to stay, with a good location. The family are quite helpful and cook a nice complimentary breakfast. However, the place could have been cleaner. Also they did not clean the room after my first night. If you are a solo traveller it will be difficult to meet people as there is no common area.

When I arrived they said they didn't have a room for me so they organised for me to stay elsewhere. Obviously this means I can't review this place but thought it worth highlighting this point in case it's something they regularly do. The other place was ok. Big room, nice terrace, grim bathroom.

The local family are really really nice and treated us absolutely great. The place is very local, so Depa House is a great peek into local lifestyle. They cooked us breakfast which was included in the price, as well as tee and coffee during the day. Additionally it is located 5 minutes away from the Monkey Forest street which is the heart of fascinating Ubud. The family helped us to organize activities and offered us a ride to the airport.

• 12th Sep 2015