Depa House Reviews

Jalan Hanoman Padang Tegal, Ubud, Indonesia

Excellent room with hot shower and large double bed, fantastic breakfast and lovely staff who make you feel very welcome.

• 21st May 2015

Great place to stay - good central location and really nice attentive family running the place.

• 14th May 2015
  • New Zealand

We booked online at depa house but when we arrived it was full so we stayed at their family member's hostel which was on the same property as depa house but I assume much older and lower quality. So I cannot say how depa house was, it looked ok from the outside. There is no reception area. But the family who runs the business is very kind and sweet and they brought us a delicious breaky in the morning.

Lovely place, with great service and a good atmosphere. It was really the hotel highlight of our Indonesian vacation

The highlight of my trip to Bali - staying with a real Balinese family, and seeing the everyday life. A female traveling alone I felt so safe, and the family/staff did everything to make me comfortable. Daily deliveries of fruit, tea and coffee were amazing. The location is perfect - easy to walk to all of Ubud sights. Depa House is amazing - can't recommend it enough.

• 19th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

It was absolutely lovely! Breakfast was amazing, you were given so much and it was all delicious. The family were so nice, it was such a friendly atmosphere and they were genuinely so willing to help. I would definitely recommended staying here. You're in a perfect location on a great street, 5 minutes walk from the Main Street. The only thing is there is a temple next door that played very cultural and jingly music into the early hours of the morning.

• 9th Apr 2015

This is a family run establishment and the family are all very nice and helpful people who provide first class service from providing hot water for your tea all day to giving you a lift or sourcing a particular item you require at no additional cost. Goodeh and his family are the best and so is Depa House. I'm glad I stayed there and look forward to staying there again if I am ever in Bali.

This place is an absolute gem! The owners here are such kind beautiful people and are ready to help. The room I stayed in was perfect for me, really comfortable bed within a very quiet traditional Balinese residential area just off hanuman road where lots of nice cafes and restaurants are located. I would definitely recommend staying here to a friend.

Lovely family who run this home stay. Though it is not very private. I stayed in the downstairs room, when you walk out to the patio and sit down you are staring straight at the family watching TV five meters away and your only window looks out at the same seen. The room itself was a bit stuffy and the shower drain blocked. Sheets were relatively clean one stain. Depa house isn't the worst place but there are better and cheaper options very close by.

Left early because we felt we were paying way to much for what we were getting. The room was fine but had an awful smell that never went away (similar to urinal mints). The staff had good intentions but spoke very little English and we had a hard time figuring out who actually worked there. I would not recommend this place and don't think they should be charging this price for people to stay in a construction site. The reviews we read before coming here were very misleading.

Very good place to stay. I stayed there for 3 nights and everything worked like charm. Very good option if you are booking online. If you have time you could consider just going to ubud and search by yourself, there are plenty of guesthouses many with ac and even pool.

I love Depa House! I felt like I had my own Balinese apartment- close to everything in Ubud, but far enough off the street that it felt like a peaceful oasis. I stayed on the 2nd floor and it came with a large, comfortable bed, beautiful carved wooden furniture, a large private bathroom, a huge front porch with views of sunsets and temples, hot tea and coffee, and best of all a delicious homemade breakfast every morning. The hosts could not be sweeter. They went out of their way to welcome me.

Depa house is happily situated along one of the main streets in Ubud a good location for a base. Ketut the manager of this homestay is very accommodating and helpful with all our inquires. The family whose house it is are lovely, and even though their English is not fantastic we were still able to find out what we wanted to know. The house is under construction and a little noisy at times. The breakfast was nice, with coffee and tea readily available at all times of the day.

Great place and location. The family was very nice and helpful in everything. I would have rated Depa House higher, but they were under construction when I stayed there. I'm sure it will be even more amazing when it's done.

Lovely people. I highly recommend staying at Depa House.

This is a good starting out point for those who aren't sure of the area as there are many more better value hotels less than 100 Meyers away. I was a solo traveller and used it as a means to explore the nearby areas until I found a cheaper hotel with better wifi, a pool, and a bit more cleaner. Ketut is useful for organizing day trips and activities but I later found out that he over charged me on some of the activities, so make sure you do your homeowkt and haggle prices with him.

• 14th Jan 2015

A great place in the heart of Ubud,central but quiet. Very helpful hosts, clean and spacious room and bathroom, great private terrace for breakfast (included). A definite recommendation.

Overall is great, friendly and dedicated staff, cute puppy. Anoying roosters. Friendly geckos, our guardians against the bugs. Large balcony, cool breeze, neat bedding, hot and cold water, water condition acceptable. Nice breakfast. 15 min walk to ubud palace. Cheap rental motorbike. Expanding hostal. Some suggestions: 1.improve Wifi 2. bathroom flood 3. need gathering place 4. Hair dryer 5. Clean motorbike helmet Thank you For the stay and hospitality!

Highly recommend! The room is simple, clean, and nice, with a beautiful Balinese door as the entrance. The hosts are extremely kind and wonderful - they helped me arrange a motorbike rental and even invited me to attend a temple ceremony with their family. The WiFi is very good for Ubud. There was some construction nearby during my stay, but it always finished by 10PM and was never a problem for me.