9.2
Superb 1,342 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 1,342 Total Reviews
Derry City Independent Hostel Located at 12 Princes Street, , Derry.
Northern Ireland
Derry BT48 7EY 12 Princes Street
92% 1342
54.9999582 -7.3258423
    Rooms available

• Ireland, Couple, 18-24
21st Jun 2016

Kylie was really lovely, the location was good, very comfortable and homely feel in the hostel. Only issue was that the curtains in the room were very thin and let in a lot of light, we had trouble sleeping from around 5am onwards. Bu still very happy!

• USA, Female, 41+
20th Jun 2016

I liked it so well I'm still here. The atmosphere is great. Kylie is great fun and can occasionally be persuaded to join us at the pub for trad. music. There can be a line up for the three bathrooms, but only those of us who are a bit older can find it a problem. It's nicely located just a couple blocks up the hill from the main street. I took a taxi from the bus station rather than haul a rolling suitcase uphill, but for most people it hasn't been a problem. Street parking okay.

• Ireland, Male, 41+
13th Jun 2016

I would highly recommend this hostel.Staff very engaging and chilled out.Will definitely go back there

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
13th Jun 2016

We really enjoyed staying here! No complaints. It was clean, the owner is super nice and the kitchen was great to use

• France, Female, 18-24
5th Jun 2016

Great hostel, feeling like home! Not many bathrooms, but the showers are worth waiting! I called in the afternoon saying I'll arrive late: the manager waited for me and even if it was late, she sat with me to talk about the region, where I was coming from, what I should visit the next day... There is no reception, it really is a home, if you need to talk to the staff, you do it in the sofas, or in the kitchen. I really liked this atmosphere! Plus, the dorms are small, mine had only 5 beds.

• Hong Kong, Female, 18-24
25th May 2016

One of the best stays I've had in a hostel. Small and cosy, really like a home from home. Kylie the hostel manager was so helpful too. She gave all useful information about Derry. We went to a local pub with traditional Irish music too.

• meagsdeb3747
  • Ireland, Female, 25-30
20th May 2016

Very homey feel to the building. Great value for money and within walking distance to everything you could need. It was a little bit hard to sleep with the noise outside coming from nearby bars, but I stayed on the weekend and its so close to the centre of town that you can't really avoid some music late at night. A pair of earplugs would've sorted it out, should've brought some with me! Would definitely stay again.

• Australia, All Male Group, 18-24
19th May 2016

Chilled out hostel, not a for a party but would highly recommend. Best staff I've encountered

• Italy, Female, 31-40
28th Apr 2016

Everything was great! I loved the free breakfast and how nice Kylie is, she is lovely!

22nd Apr 2016

One of the best places I've been, they are very friendly, they cook an amazing bread for breakfast and be prepare for the world nicest place to visit, people are amazing here