Derry City Independent Hostel Reviews

12 Princes Street, Derry, Northern Ireland

Great location to access the city. Free breakfast tea and coffee and homemade brend which was a nice touch

Great location and very warm and welcoming. Breakfast good too. A top sheet for the bed would have been nice ..

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at and extremely affordable at that. I highly recommend it.

• 8th Mar 2015

One of the bathrooms was bad, the shower didn't work, a button was missing, the button for the toilet was also missing, and on top of that, the handle for the tapwater was also missing!

The woman who runs the hostel was the most helpful and friendly person I've met running a hostel - and I've met some helpful people. The location is pretty close to the city walls and the bus station. I took a taxi from the train station, which was only a few pounds. It has a very home-y feel and the breakfast was great! I want to come back to Derry - I don't think I had enough time - and would definitely consider staying here again.

Great litel hostel on all ways. Not lest thanks to Mirjam the hostel mananger and bicycle worldtraveler. She know trevelers need. The atomsphere was osom. Best hostel to get to know new freinds and exchange on travelstorry in the longe room and the kitchen, or go whit to pup's and other side sigh. I did stay in the hostel for 7 days and have realy good time. higly recoment this hostel and the sity walking tour run by the tourguide from the hostel every morning. thanks for all Mirjam

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Iceland

A very nice stay! Miriam the manager makes You feel at home !!

• 26th Feb 2015

This was my favorite hostel I stayed in while travelling around Europe for months. It felt like a home and was so cozy. The staff were wonderful and I got to enjoy a lovely hot bath in the great big bath tub. So stay here if you can, you won't regret it!

• 19th Feb 2015

Great little hostel. Everything you need is here. Mirjam is an excellent host and such an interesting person to chat to!

A small cosy hostel very close to the city centre;, very good facilities, best, family-like, atmostphere I've ever seen in a hostel. Went there with a friend, and we both had a great time, millions of thanks to the host, Mirjam, for the amazing stay!

First time in Derry for Halloween, amazing!!!! 4 of us arrived on Friday evening, and were greeted by the Hostel Halloween Themed party, free Punch, finger food and treats. Free breakfast, WiFi, computer use, comfy beds, good showers and bathrooms. Brilliant Hostel all round, will definitely be back!

• 31st Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The stay in this hostel was lovely, friendly and helpfull staff and everything goes well.We stayed there for 2 nights, city center is very close from hostel which is always handy. I love their kitchen and breakfast menu, really enjoy Derry and stay there.Thank you again

About 10 to 15 mins walk from the city walls/bus station. Bed was superb clean and staff (Madison, I think) was very friendly. However, lacked of lockers.

Self-served breakfast is fun. You can meet different people from different countries around breakfast table. But only three bathrooms in this hostel, so always waited for others to come out.

Such a lovely hostel. everyone was lovely and welcoming, super helpful as well. I really enjoyed my stay and highly recommend.

Lovely hostel with a great breakfast.

• 11th Oct 2014

very good hostel with welcoming owner, friendly guests, excellent kitchen, free breakfast where you can cook your own eggs and only a short walk to the centro of town. Great security for rooms but very small lockers. I recommend to stay here