Derry City Independent Hostel Reviews

12 Princes Street, Derry, Northern Ireland

Decent hostel. Beds are comfy and spacious, the rooms are the same. Breakfast in the morning is pretty good. Nothing I could honestly complain about here.

Lovely small hostel with plenty of character and friendly and helpful staff, the breakfast was good with a decent selection considering it was free. The walking tour in the morning was great too - I liked that it was very relaxed and the guide was willing to chat and share his personal experiences. I'm sure there are other tours that offer more historical facts at every brick you walk by but this tour suited us and matched the laid back friendlyness of the hostel too.

Great location and great stay. You can easily access every places in the city by foot. The staff is most welcoming, nice and helpful. The rooms are quite big, and really quiet and there was nothing to say about the cleanliness - the shower is just huge! Nice kitchen for cooking and living room. Oh, and I just loved the homemade bread for breakfast :) !

Great location. Helpful and friendly staff. Very decent room, bathroom and kitchen. Rather limited breakfast.

lovely stay, really enjoyed it

Very cosy hostel with friendly and helpful staff and an amazing breakfast (e.g. eggs and yoghurt). A safe for every tenant in our 5 bed dorm.

Great service and nice place, cosy place and people, but a little difficuties to arrive, the location in description it isn´t too well explained.

• 26th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Great location to access the city. Free breakfast tea and coffee and homemade brend which was a nice touch

This is a fine small hostel in the centre of Derry. I enjoyed my stay. There was not much happening in the hostel though and the showers were definitely amongst the worst that I have encountered in all of Ireland (hardly any water pressure at all). I met people to explore the Derry nightlife with on most nights (thank you, Pete and Marie!)

Great location and very warm and welcoming. Breakfast good too. A top sheet for the bed would have been nice ..

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at and extremely affordable at that. I highly recommend it.

One of the bathrooms was bad, the shower didn't work, a button was missing, the button for the toilet was also missing, and on top of that, the handle for the tapwater was also missing!

The woman who runs the hostel was the most helpful and friendly person I've met running a hostel - and I've met some helpful people. The location is pretty close to the city walls and the bus station. I took a taxi from the train station, which was only a few pounds. It has a very home-y feel and the breakfast was great! I want to come back to Derry - I don't think I had enough time - and would definitely consider staying here again.

Great litel hostel on all ways. Not lest thanks to Mirjam the hostel mananger and bicycle worldtraveler. She know trevelers need. The atomsphere was osom. Best hostel to get to know new freinds and exchange on travelstorry in the longe room and the kitchen, or go whit to pup's and other side sigh. I did stay in the hostel for 7 days and have realy good time. higly recoment this hostel and the sity walking tour run by the tourguide from the hostel every morning. thanks for all Mirjam

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Iceland

A very nice stay! Miriam the manager makes You feel at home !!

• 26th Feb 2015

This was my favorite hostel I stayed in while travelling around Europe for months. It felt like a home and was so cozy. The staff were wonderful and I got to enjoy a lovely hot bath in the great big bath tub. So stay here if you can, you won't regret it!

• 19th Feb 2015

Great little hostel. Everything you need is here. Mirjam is an excellent host and such an interesting person to chat to!

A small cosy hostel very close to the city centre;, very good facilities, best, family-like, atmostphere I've ever seen in a hostel. Went there with a friend, and we both had a great time, millions of thanks to the host, Mirjam, for the amazing stay!

First time in Derry for Halloween, amazing!!!! 4 of us arrived on Friday evening, and were greeted by the Hostel Halloween Themed party, free Punch, finger food and treats. Free breakfast, WiFi, computer use, comfy beds, good showers and bathrooms. Brilliant Hostel all round, will definitely be back!

• 31st Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Seriously the coolest hostel I've stayed in. The owner is incredibly nice and always up for a chat about the places she's been (quite an impressive track record) and has plenty of great tips about Derry. The hostel has a great homey feel to it with plenty of artefacts from around the world, travel books galore and a decent sized kitchen. I highly recommend the hostel to anyone travelling to Derry.