Derry City Independent Hostel Reviews

12 Princes Street, Derry, Northern Ireland

Very welcoming hostel run by friendly staff, kitchen was amazing!

Easy place to get comfortable staying at. Great city and this is the place to stay when it comes to visiting Derry

I really enjoyed my stay here! Steve and Kylie were very friendly and welcoming. They took time to show me a local map highlighting all the best spots to see. The accommodation was very clean, comfortable and had a lovely, warm homely atmosphere. I would recommend this accommodation to anyone visiting Derry.

• 6th Sep 2014

Best hostel in Derry! Friendly staff, room and kitchen area very clean. Very good located near city centre, lot of pubs and restaurants just few steps off. Fantastic!!!

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Poland
  • All Male Group, 41+

Nice small, chilled out hostel.

Great hostel, warm friendly atmosphere, very relaxed. Easy to find, harder to leave.

Fantastic, close to everything, in the town center.

Good location. But the reception is not in the hostel, what is strange.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in on this trip, when you arrive you're welcomed in like family.

• 31st Jul 2014

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! From the warm welcome to the wonderful decorations that the owners collected on their own travels around the world. The cosy India-room is great for socializing. The free wifi and free breakfast were a nice bonus. The dorm is spacious, clean and comfortable. I definitely recommend staying here if you come to Derry! Love the social atmosphere, and the pub that was recommended was excellent!

On my arrival I was met at the door with a friendly smile and an offer of a cup of coffee. After going though the booking in process i was showen to and nice and very clean room . then had a further chat with staff who told me about the many attactions in Derry and about the nightlfe and some of the good pubs with live music of many sorts.a friendly and relaxing place with a great athmosphere.

• 27th Jul 2014

This was by far the friendliest and most hospitable hostel we stayed at during our week-long stay in Ireland. We were welcomed with tea and good conversation, and even offered a walk around the city and introduced to others we could hang out with that night. Two men shared the room with us and they were friendly, we never had concerns over safety or other such issues. Beds were comfortable and lockers were inside the room. Nice showers. Decent continental breakfast, clean kitchen. Would return.

The lady working at the hostel didn't know much about the surrounding area and gave us leaflets for a 'discount' on the city tour- that the tour company didn't accept. The hostel is no longer running pub crawls - I wouldn't advise staying here if you were by yourself as their wasn't much going on. The lady was also very rude to us the next morning as she had an appointment before the check out time and had to leave. Very good location.

Steve was a legend, had the best recommendations for places to eat/drink. The hostel is clean anda great location.

A lovely little hostel right near several pubs and restaurants, and a short walk from the city center. The staff was lovely, and the place was clean. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room was very nice. Great place to stay in Derry.

Probably the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in. It has a great atmosphere, helped significantly by the fun and friendly staff. Kitchen is excellent, with a proper oven. Bathrooms are clean and modern. But best of all it has a great character with lots of artwork from around the world, collected by the owners during their own travels. Basically, the owners have travelled heaps and so know what people want out of a hostel and provide it.

Really nice, was in a good location. And lots of choice for the free brekkie!

We had a very pleasant stay in Derry. The hostel has an awesome relaxed atmosphere, good breakfast, is centrally located and Steve (the host) is a lot of fun. We certainly recommend this hostel.

Great place, with the best atmosphere. Derry is a good place to enjoy, even more if you stay at City Independent. Cheers

« first « Prev 1 2 3