Derry City Independent Hostel Reviews

12 Princes Street, Derry, Northern Ireland

Great hostel, in walking distance to city centre (though Derry is admittedly not very big). You could see that the owners care about offering good accommodation and being experienced travellers themselves. The breakfast (included in price) was really good with juice and eggs! The only drawback was that the bed (we stayed in a double room) was quite old and not very comfortable (anymore). Nevertheless I'd recommend this place!

Mariano from the staff is willing to help at anytime and makes the hostel feel like a big house. Nice breakfast also.

Nice hostel. It made me feel like home, there is a big kitchen with full facilities also is a social room. The only drawback was bathroom. It's nice, clean and tidy but not enough.

I stayed in 15 hostels around Ireland and this was my favorite. We had practically the entire basement and garden area to ourselves, and even when other people were occupying the space, there was plenty of room to relax. It's refreshing to have a backyard area, it made me feel at home. The showers and bathrooms were of excellent quality and they have fresh eggs for free in the mornings! If you are looking for a small, independent, unique stay, I would recommend this one.

Fantastic place, clean, homey, great location. Staff super friendly and helpful, substantial breakfast with fresh bread and eggs to cook. The garden was lovely on a sunny day. Had a wonderful stay, thanks!

I stayed only for 2 nights but I enjoyed Good and atmosphere and Good services

• 19th Jun 2015

Really wonderful and helpful staff. Lovely stay in a great location close to the city. Accommodation lovely, clean and comfortable. I definitely would not hesitate to highly recommend people to stay! Really great hostel!

• 16th Jun 2015

It is a house converted as a hostel. We stayed in the 5 bed dorm, which was cramped and would be beneficial as a four bed dorm. The wifi worked well throughout the house. The bathrooms are located on different floors to your room and with only 2 showers and the toilets located in the same area it can cause a bit of a wait. More hooks in the bathroom would be great as there is no where to hang your stuff. Breakfast had a wide selection which was nice and substantial. Kitchen was well stocked.

1 2 Next » last »