Derwentwater Independent Hostel Reviews

Barrow House, Borrowdale, Keswick, Lake District, England

It was a great stay! Dave and Kathy the owners are really hospitable. Because of low-travel season, I happened to be the only one at the hostel for one night. But the experience was still wonderful! I got to order a home-cooked Scottish meal for a reasonable price. And the next day, I went for a hike around the Derwentwater neighborhood, which was very refreshing after traveling in cities for so long! However, if you are traveling by train, it takes two bus rides to get to the hostel.

View all Lake District Hostels