Derwentwater Independent Hostel Reviews

Barrow House, Borrowdale, Keswick, Lake District, England

This hostel felt more like a hotel- comfortable & spacious bedrooms, immaculate bathrooms and the option of ordering cooked meals. The staff are very friendly and will give you tips about what to do and see. Derwentwater lake is immediately in front of the hostel and there is a waterfall and some good walking trails just behind it, so you don't have to go far to get wonderful scenery. I absolutely loved my stay here and felt sad when I left. I hope to return again soon.

A nice, clean and well equipped place to stay. The location is probably not the best if you want to be close to the facilities of a town, but for me as a person who walked in from the south one evening and walked over the hill and to Keswick the next morning, it didn't really matter.

View all Lake District Hostels