Desert Nights Hostelling International Reviews

Boulevard de Huacachina s/n, Huacachina, Peru

Hostel was alright, get what you pay for... Restaurant was rubbish

Friendly and helpful staff. Restaurant food was pretty good, except for the breakfast. There's room for improvement there. Desert is excellent! Very clean hostel. Complimentary Pisco Sour at the end of sand buggy/boarding tour. Would come back again.

It is in a good location, and it has a bar and restaurant attached which was nice (although it's a little overpriced). The strange thing was that there seat people in this dining room area, but my dorm was right off that room as well, so it was a little strange to be showering or going to the bathroom and having to walk by all these people eating. All in all, it was a fine hostel, with decent wifi.

the hostel was fine. but i had a lomo saltado at dinner (at their restaurant) that gave me an awful food poisoning

Even tho it wasn't a party hostel the rooms were quite loud due to the restaurant being quite popular. There wasn't a real communal area for backpackers to hang out (ping pong table would have been nice!) I felt they were more interested in being a restaurant than a hostel. Food is expensive, but good. Just seems overpriced, 15-40s, especially being used to eating 6s menú. The room sounded like it was rattling all night. Power went out 4 times one night. The storage locker was always left open.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful when booking tours, buses, etc. Overall, the hostel was very clean and the food was amazing! My only complaint was that the showers wouldn't drain properly because they were clogged with sand.

• 28th Jun 2015

Right on the edge of the oasis, a nice hostel. SUCH good food. although breakfast not included, the portions are big enough for 2. Helpful and kind staff. nice showers!

Staff were lovely and really helpful. They offered really good tours which were easy to book. Really nice location just opposite the oasis and great little restaurant and bar out front which was really easy to meet other travellers. Great value for money, but make sure you have a shower in the morning to get a hot one!

The hostel was easy to find and arranged our sandboarding and buggying which was brilliant, the food was good and staff friendly, only problem was the bathrooms were not in the room and you had to walk across the hall to get to them. There was no hooks or shelves to set you stuff out while you had a shower.

Be warned - there is no atm in huacachina so bring lots of cash. All the visa signs at the hostel are deceiving as you can't pay by card. The food at the hostel/restaurant is pricey but the pancake breakfast really big and good. Shower kind of dribbles but it's fairly hot. Wifi works quite well. Staff nice.

It's the cheapest option in Huacachina, the food is good. Everything is basic but you're only there for a short time anyways. The sand boarding was more expensive through this hostel. Overall is was fine for what we needed.

a great hostel with very friendly staff. help you out woth all the activities to do there.

Pretty good overall. It was located near the entrance of Huacachina, so it was easy to tell taxi drivers where to stop or to find one if I was going to Ica. There were hot showers but the lockers were small. The wifi could have been faster, but it was okay. The receptionist spoke English and remembered my name, which was cool. They only had maps of Huacachina, so I had to use my phone for all of Ica. I booked the dune buggy/sand boarding tour with them, and it was very fun! Not a bad choice.

• 23rd May 2015

a decent spot, all good except that my dorm was hot, stuffy, and smelly. it was empty when I arrived, so I know it was not due to smelly people. staff could have been a bit more welcoming.

Great hostel with a fun atmosphere and staff that go out of their way to help guests

• 26th Apr 2015

This was by far the worst hostel Ive stayed in during my trip to south america. The atmposhere was just awful.This short girl with glasses and long hair behind the reception just gave me the worst example of costumer service. When I asked her for something she would first ignore me and then tell me it was all my own fault and got really mean in a personal offending way. What a disgrace, DO NOT STAY HERE. Rooms are also too hot, smelly and unclean. There are better hostels just around the corner!

We loved staying here, the bar/restaurant does great food. There was no water one night after our sandbox Riding trip so we couldn't wash off the sand until the next morning which was quite annoying.

Cheap as chips. Awesome food although a bit expensive, guess that's how they make their money. Good place to organise tours. Bit awkward cos the male and female bathrooms are connected over the top so you can hear each other, so stealth is key if you know what I mean.

The Rating says it all...Your best bet for a Dorm in Huacachina

Loved it! Nice and far from the crazy nightlife but with a nice bar/restaurant in front. It was clean, comfortable with good lockers, wifi and a lockable dorm. No breakfast but there is a restaurant (expensive, but you're in the middle of nowwhere). I recommend it, especially after seeing some of the other dumps in town!