Design Hostel 101 Dalmatinac Reviews

114. Brigade 10, Split, Croatia

The hostel is far away from the city center but you can use buses to get there. It is really clean but there is nothing special about the atmosphere.

Said they had laundry service, but they didn't. Staff we not very friendly or helpful

No microwave, great pillows, great wifi

Great hostel! Would have stayed longer! Only issue is the location but the buses do go frequently nearby!

Really nice place ! Would probably rate it among the best hostels I have so far stayed in. And thumbs up to the PS4 in the common room

Nice hostel. One big problem was security. They mixed up all the keys to our lockers so one friend wasn't given a locker and then another person staying in our room was given a duplicate key to our locker (where are passports are stored). I felt that this was one of the most important things a hostel should offer-somewhere safe for your passport and it didn't.

This hostel is absolutely beautiful! We felt like we were in a hotel rather than a hostel. There are some really unique and fun concepts that made this place so special including but not limited to, each bed being named after the islands on the dalmatian coast and welcoming pins to mark where in the world you are from :) The 24ht staff attention was amazing, they all went out of their way to help and make sure you got as much out of split as possible :) I would definetly recommend!!!!

• 8th Aug 2015

Awsome hostel I would defnatly stay here again and I will recomend this hostel to everyone

Great Hostel, just too far away from town, have to catch the bus there

This was 'posh-tel' was great! Apart from the location - which is far from old town, but easy to get there by bus - it was extremely clean, big lockers, and all round nice place to stay after you've been staying in less than average hostels for weeks.

The location is the only problem of the hostel, because it's far away from everything and we need to go by bus or taxi (around 60 kunas from the port). Everything is really clean and they have big lockers for everyone inside the rooms, so we don't need to care about it. The rooms have a good ad conditioning system and the bathroom/toilet is very good. The staff was very helpful, it's definitely a good place to stay and the it's worth the money for a night.

Quiet clean hostel! Very new and nice facilities. Unique design with each bed named after an island. Large spacious rooms which is nice. My room had it's own shower and toilet for 6 people. There is a restaurant in the basement but no kitchen I noticed. Common living room space near reception. Easy to catch #9 bus to bus/ferry port. Bus stop is to the right of the bus station if you arrive by bus. Friendly helpful staff. Close to super market to buy food and any essentials. Would stay again!

The hostel was great and would definitely stay there again. Cafe/restaurant downstairs was convenient for a light snack or a drink. Rooms were very clean and had good storage space. The lounge opposite the reception desk made for a nice atmosphere where you could watch a movie/play some games. Location wasn't amazing, but a short bus ride was all to get you to the centre. Overall very happy with the hostel.

Highly recommended! This is a modern hostel which is well run. It's not in the centre of the action but is on the main road which has a number of bus routes which take no longer than 5 mins (and cost about 11kuna or £1.10) factor two of these on top of your cost per night and you'll still see the value for money. Easily the most pleasant place we stayed whilst in Croatia.

• 29th Jul 2015

Decent hostel, clean and tidy and no major issues except it's a bit far out of the centre so it's a 45 minute walk, or you need to get the bus. I had a couple of nights here and it was good but I moved nearer the harbour to be closer to everything for my next 2 nights.

The website says this hostel is located away from Old Town, which is fine. What it doesn't say is that there is nowhere to eat nearby. Eating at night required taking a taxi into the Old Town and back or a long walk in the dark through an area I was unfamiliar with from the bus stop. It was in incredible condition and quite clean. Best air conditioning I had throughout the Balkans.

I couldn't be happier with the hostel

• 24th Jul 2015

Brand new hostel, great facilities.

I loved this hostel! Was more like a hotel the facilities were really good and the staff were super friendly! The common room was helpful to meet people and the cleanliness of the hostel was too top.

The hostel is big and brand new. No kitchen, little space with tv rather than common area, has a bar and is right next to a big supermarket, open till midnight. Apart from that, it is in the middle of nowhere. There are several busses taking you to the harbour in 15 min, only one coming back (30 min! Stops before 11pm). Cleanliness depends on you and your roommates, apparently they clean when someone new arrives. Pretty cheap, a bit far from everything if you wanna do daily trips.