Design Hostel Goli&Bosi Reviews

Morpurgova Poljana 2, Split, Croatia

Location was excellent however we were in a 4 bed dorm

• 10th Oct 2014

although social life in the hostel is limited, it's really clean and situated in a great localtion

We were really disappointed with this hostel! Greeted by a rude member of staff who checked us in and left us to it. Rooms are small and cramp with nowhere to hang clothes/wet towels etc. Also no common area or kitchen/eating space. Top bunk is a mission to get into without hurting yourself! Good location as very close to main promenade but short trek to nearest beach. Definitely not "the second best hostel in the world" as claimed - do not stay here!

Looked clean until you went to shower. Stayed in over 30 hostels and it was the first time I had to take matters into my own hands. Stole cleaning equipment and did it myself. Drain in shower also didn't work and wasn't fixed the week I was there.

2nd best hostel in the world?.... According to who? This place is a resteraunt with an extremely stale environment that's trying to be some new age trend setter. The only good thing i have to say about this hostel is the location. The shower and toilet are 2 tiny rooms inside the dorm so everyone can hear u doing ur business and our shower was leaking into the dorm making the floor constently wet. Do not go to this hostel is the best advice I can give

Weirdest hostel I've ever stayed at, would definitely not stay there again. No atmosphere at all. Stayed there for one night and only saw one person working in the hostel, at the reception desk (which also works as a bar on the first floor), who couldn't care less about the guests. Directions given on the site are really bad even though the location is the best possible, inside the Old Town.

Unfriendly staff, doors and lockers didn't work, no common room. Uncomfortable beds.. only good thing would be the central location.

Nice futuristic hostel I'm the old town Split, very convenient location...

There was no real buzz or communial atmosphere about the place. Not much effort was made to make guests feel welcome

Great hostel to chill in. Almost zero hostel vibe. Very solitary. Great location in centre of town. Rooms immaculate. Almost a japanese capsule hotel with your own little pod. Food is great. Only downside is social aspect. If you're travelling alone may not be the best place to meet people, but the bars nearby are always pumping.

Hijack the aux cable in the common room and your down for a good time.

Great security. Buffet breakfast in the restaurant downstairs is a bit of a let down. Overall great hostel

Great hostel! Looks like futuritic, and very different!

We had a great, albeit short, stay at Design Goli&Bosi. There was a bit of a mix up with other people's bags still in our beads, but the staff did a great job getting us settled into a new (private!) room. Thank you all so much for the great night, if I come through Split again I will definitely stay here again.

Really cool design! And the most comfortable bed I have ever been in in a hostel. The staff weren't so helpful though, either at the desk or the restaurant staff. Not as sociable as other hostels.

This hostel has revolutionised every aspect of budget accomdation. Everything from the restaurant terrace outside, the staff, the design of the hostel, the color scheme and I absolutly loved the whole security pad access to your room and locker! The beds are designed to enjoy one personal space ie curtains, light, power point. Furthermore, the staff allowed me to print my plane tickets with no charge! Nothing by gratitude and will definitly , definitly stay here and reccomend this place.

Its an amazing hostel. Really clean, staff is helpfull, the facilities are awesome! Bad point there is no kitchen or frigde where you can leave food or water. And the upper bed is kind of hard to climb. But anyway, Totally worth it.

Probably one of the coolest hostels I've ever been in. Unfortunately was only there for one night before my Sail Croatia began, but killer location and look. Rooms are actually incredible and come with privacy curtains for each bed. Not much of a vibe because it is right on the promenade, but that's understandable as there's so much going on. Also location is a bit of a drainer to find at first but other than that, amazing hostel!!! Will definitely recommend.

The staff rocks!

Beautifully designed hostel in a great location. Asthetics were very impressive at first glance however the practicality of the room design was questionable. It was very difficult to get up to the top bunk without hurting yourself and the shower flooded leaving the floor around shower door wet and dirty. Not the most social atmosphere however a very cool and chic hostel!