Fabulous 874 Total Reviews
Fabulous 874 Total Reviews
Destinations at The Rose & Crown Located at 65 Union Street, Borough, London.
England
London London SE1 1SG 65 Union Street, Borough
89% 874
51.5038742 -0.0948160
    Rooms available

• USA, Male, 18-24
22nd Jun 2016

Overall a great hostel to stay at when in London! Its on top of a a great local pub that hs a chill atmosphere and doesn't stay open too late so you can still get a quite nights rest. The location is a great local vibe that is really close to many main attractions in London. You still have to use the tube occasionally though since London is a large city. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly, will help you out no matter what! Will definitely return.

• Greece, Male, 18-24
15th Jun 2016
7.7

I am satisfied with the services of the Hostel. The only problem that I found it was that they have lived the window open during the night in the room that I was sleeping. As a consequence, there was too much noise from outside. Overall, I like this particular hostel and the people there.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased you liked what our hostel had to offer, as for the windows we dont open and close them, we leave that to our guests had you wanted to close them you could have whenever you wanted, thank you for your comments.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
11th Jun 2016
8.0

Enjoyed my stay quality rooms with plenty of privacy with the shower curtain style. Found the location to be good if you don't mind walking around to see the sights all day. I managed to cover them all with ease. Loved the tablet in the bed was very handy and has usb power outlets ready to go. Toilets and showers aren't much they are very small and cramped but if you only use them once a day it doesn't matter. Only downside was that my backpack didn't fit into the storage provided.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay withus, our toilets and showers are not the biggest but they are functional, our security lockers are big enough for a small backpack and your valubles but not big enough for larger suitcases or backpacks, thank you for your comments.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
6th Jun 2016

Great hostel for anyone looking for something smaller and quieter than the major hostels in London. Great location, only 5min walk to the underground. Rooms are clean and the facilities provided were better than any other hostel we stayed at during our trip. Shared bathrooms (showers are small), however not an issue as there aren't too many people. Awesome breakfast provided each morning! Would highly recommend this hostel!!

• gabrielkreindler7188
  • Romania, Male, 25-30
31st May 2016
8.0

Fantastic: comfortable, clean and quiet. Delicious and generous breakfast. Great for professionals looking for a good place to crash. The staff is nice, but owner is a nasty character. Both mornings when he was there, the TV was blaring news relating to "Brexit" and after a guest (naively) asked about it he started comparing it to Mexicans stealing jobs in America... When I politely asked him to stop, he initially reacted with much hostility. My advice: please leave politics out of the hostel!!

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels, you are a rude man, the guest ask me to explain what the referendum was about and I was explaining when you rudely interupted several times, I used the example of the mexicans coming to america because the guest was american, there was no racial implications, I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself in future.

27th May 2016

This was my first time in London and I had a really pleasant stay at The Rose & Crown. I think one of the best things they have going is the staff who were extremely friendly and helpful, as well as having the pub below the hostel. During my stay the pub was never too crazy (which is my preference) but had a good time talking to staff and other guests during a Champions League football game. Location was also a huge plus. It's minutes from the Borough Market (a London MUST VISIT in my opinion).

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear your time with us was emjoyable and you liked what we had to offer, thank you for your comments.

• USA, Female, 41+
25th May 2016

Loved it loved Charles he was sweet and wonderful and besides that the staff was helpful and informative ... I would give this place five stars and stay again anytime .. Thank you Laura w

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed our hostel and hope you will come back again soon, thank you for your comments.

• Italy, Male, 31-40
24th May 2016

Great hostel, highly recommended! Rooms are spacious with a computer you can use and tablets for every bed. The ground floor is a pub with an amazing atmosphere. Breakfast is filled with everything you may need! And if you eat in the pub you have a 20% discount!

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider us again the next time you visit London, thank you for your comments.

19th May 2016

Absolutely loved it here! Best hostel I stayed at in Europe. Great location near the Borough Market and the London Bridge tube stop. Owner and staff were FANTASTIC, breakfast was better than any other hostel, wifi worked great, beds were clean and comfortable. Plenty of room for our things, bathrooms were clean. Just a really great place to stay, highly recommend!!! Also, no noise from the pub downstairs at night, a great night of rest! Very secure, locked doors at each entryway.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed our hostel and look forward to seeing you again, thank you for your comments.

• Belgium, Mixed Group, 25-30
18th May 2016
8.0

We had a very pleasant stay at this hostel. Staff was very friendly. The pub had a nice atmosphere, the noise did not carry upstairs. Despite there being just two showers, we hardly had to wait. The room was clean & well equipped. One remark: the beds are not ideal for tall people :-) We would / will definitely stay here again.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, our beds are 190cm long(industry standard), thank you for your comments.