Destinations at The Rose & Crown Reviews

65 Union Street, Borough, London, England

There is not a doubt in my mind it was the best hostel in London where I've stayed at. Not only it had the awesome interior, but the rooms had computer and also a TV in it and the other facilities were also better than expected. Also a lovely staff who made my stay effortless.

• 1st Feb 2016
  • Estonia

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for your comments.

One of my favorite hostels I've stayed at around the world. I was greeted by name as I walked in (they deduced who was checking in that day and what time). The bar downstairs is quaint and nice. And, I didn't feel it added noise to my stay at all, just ambiance. There were several levels of security/locked doors, which was nice. I know a few other reviews mentioned the fact that they didn't like that there wasn't a common area. But, I felt the rooms had nice amenities that made up for that.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and liked what we had to offer, thank you for your comments.

Staff was really gooood!

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and hope you will be back soon, thank you for your comments.

Even though i booked a female dormitory i stayed at a mixed bed room, which made me feel a little bit uncofortable. I loved the breakfast, and the price-quality of the room. It's a really well-trusting hostel and i would definetely come back again. Thank you for the warm welcoming.

• 9th Jan 2016
  • Portugal

Thank you for choosing Destinations hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, we don't have any female only dorms but we do try to put only females all in the one room, thank you for your comments.

Great hostel. The staff members were friendly and extremely helpful.

• 31st Dec 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider us again in the future, thank you for your comments.

Everything was perfect, thank you!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and hope you will consider us again, thank you for your comments.

This place is nice and central, but there's absolutely no atmosphere. Don't be fooled by the fact that there is a bar downstairs. It's dead ALL the time. However, the owner is a good lad. If you're not interested in talking to other travellers, then this is probably a good hostel, otherwise book elsewhere

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us, the bar downstairs is NOT dead all the time, while not as busy as during the week there are people coming and going as any other pubs in the area, the atmosphere is not as bad as you say and it is down to the individual as to what they are looking for, we do not advertise that we are a party hostel, thank you for your comments.

The staff was very friendly and helpful when I'n need of recommendations. Nice quiet area surrounded by many metro stops for easy transportation all over London! Great continental breakfast each morning. Would recommend 10/10

• 4th Dec 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed our hostel and hope you will choose us again the next time you come to London, thank you for your comments.

Superb location, good staff, small rooms but worth it!

• 1st Dec 2015
  • India

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, our rooms are proportionate to the number of beds they have in them, thank you for your comments.

Excellent location right near to London Bridge and great value for money, full of extras I've not witnessed in hostels before. The staff shown me to my room, all of which were named after different tube stations. Inside the room the beds had curtains, which was great for privacy and helped for the long lie in due to the 12pm check out! Overall a great stay and I'd defiantly check it out next time in London.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed our hostel and hope you will be back with us again one day soon, thank you for your comments.

Our stay was great. Staff was very friendly. Hostel was clean. Even though they only had 2 toilets and showers they were always free. Breakfast was great. I would add warm milk so coffee doesnt get cold instantely. Really nice bar to grab some drinks late at night. Used the beer garden it was quite dirty you could tell they hadnt cleaned it in a while or emptied the ashtrays. They were full of butts. Everything else was great!

• 14th Nov 2015
  • Argentina

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, the beer garden is being refurbished and was dirty because we are due to clear all away to install new seating and a fire pit under new big canopies, thank you for your comments.

The hostel was really dirty and the staff wasn't nice at all.

• 14th Nov 2015

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels, our hostel is cleaned from top to bottom every day, rooms toilets and hallways, I am not sure why you would give this score, you ask to leave early so you could go to a hostel near Chelsea and we did not mind, our staff are complimented every day on their service, it is unfotunate that you took to blaming this hostel for something that happened elsewhere, thank you for your comments.

A very decent hostel, just 5 min walk from London Bridge underground. Breakfast was extremely generous - definitely one of the most generous I've come across anywhere in the world. The double decker beds are quite stable (not as squeaky/shaky as in many hostels), and each bed has its own curtain for privacy, own lamp and power socket. Only complaint is that the 6-bed dorm I stayed in was quite cramped.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, unfortunately during your stay we had one guest that always left her things all over the room and made it seem smaller than the room really was and I apologize for this, thank you for your comments.

Hostel on top of a bar. Facilities are ok but it is cleaned everyday. The rooms themselves have been recently refurbished.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and hope you will recommend us to your friends and family, thank you for your comments.

Well organised, clean and quiet. Good bunk beds with own light and curtain.

• 28th Oct 2015
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again one day soon, thank you for your comments.

I had a lovely time at the rose & crown! The owner were kind, the rooms had an awesome furnishing and the free breakfast was absolutely decent. Even if the showers weren't the biggest and the hallways not the widest I definitely enjoyed the atmosphere and see forward to come back. :-)

• 24th Oct 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, our showers are not as big as other hostels but are big enough to wash and change in and our hallways are wide enough for 2 people to go by each other at the same time, thank you for your comments.

Only stayed one night and arrived late (delayed flight) and they did offer to wait up for me after the bar closed if needed. Looked a good place, but left early in the morning so unable to comment more than that.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us, we hope to see you again and maybe get the chance to show you all that we offer, thank you for your comments.

The guy at the bar (forget your name, sorry!) was crazy nice! Helped check in, showed how to use locks properly, and even set up a really nice complimentary breakfast spread in the morning. Beds were super, super comfortable and nicely private with two personal blinds on either side- and very clean. Only downside was the small storage space under the bed, which would not fit my whole travel backpack. Took out anything I needed to lock up, and it ended up being fine. Thanks for a great stay!!

• 24th Oct 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us, we do have smaller lockers but big enough to store all your valuables and big enough for small to medium backpack or bag, thank you for your comments.

Chose this hostel after looking through reviews of different hostels on the hostelworld website. The hostel rooms are situated just above the pub and the location is perfect a few minutes walk from London Bridge. This hostel was preferable to me to some of the big chain hostels. Beds were comfortable and the included breakfast was basically as good as the paid breakfasts at some other hostels. Would stay here again if and when in London.

• 22nd Oct 2015
  • Scotland

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us, we do try to give our guests a homely feel, thank you for your comments.

Destinations is conveniently located nearby the London Bridge station (within 5mins walk). The showers and toilet have doors, so you have your own personal space. Each bed has a power socket and a reading lamp, and also equipped with a curtain. Great pillows! The amazing staff whom are awesome, friendly, and always helpful top off why Destinations should be the hostel of your choice!

• 17th Oct 2015
  • Malaysia

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will return again one day soon, thank you for your comments.

« first « Prev 1 2 3