8.8
Fabulous 927 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 927 Total Reviews
Destinations at The Rose & Crown Located at 65 Union Street, Borough, London.
England
London London SE1 1SG 65 Union Street, Borough
88% 927
51.5038742 -0.0948160
    Rooms available

19th Sep 2016

Staff was wonderful and very helpful. Great security. Never had issue with noise from the bar. Bathrooms were always clean and functional. Location is a+!!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will choose us again, thank you for your comments.

9th Sep 2016

I absolutely love this hostel. The staff are so friendly and accommodating, the people are wonderful, and it's so centrally located. I'm actually going back in a few days because I enjoyed my time so much. My only complaint would be that the showers are really tiny and a bit dirty but I hear they have plans to renovate in December.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, we are planning to improve the size of our toilet/shower facilities in December 2016, thank you for your comments.

• Hungary, Female, 31-40
8th Sep 2016

The location is fantastic for those who want to explore the city during daytime and want a quiet room for the night. There's not too much to explore in the hostel but it's really close to the centre and you've got the tube station about 5 min walk away. Extremely nice staff and fabulous breakfast! The rooms are safe, tidy, equipped with a fridge! Bathrooms are small but clean and not crowded (against my expectations). My first choice fpr the next stay in London. Don't miss it! ;)

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear your stay with us was to your expectations and we hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

• Switzerland, Female, 25-30
21st Aug 2016
7.1

The rooms at the rose and crown were cozy and I liked the added privacy of the bed curtains. However I wished they had solo female rooms, I spent most of my nights there with 3 boys and it felt a bit uncomfortable. Also they absolutely need more bathrooms, 2 for the whole hostel is really not enough. They were often quite dirty and I once found sperm in one of the shower, which was disturbing (I tried to convince myself it was shampoo..but it would have been pretty hard as to where it was..)

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us, we DON'T advertise we have female only dorms but we do try to accommodate our female guests when we can, we have a 10/1 ratio with our shower/toilets and this compares very favorably with other hostels in London, our toilets and showers are cleaned every day to a high standard and if they are as bad as you say we would have cleaned them if you had reported this, I doubt very much it is what you say as we have found soap and shampoo at various heights in the showers, thank you for your comments.

• sespieg3623
  • USA, Female, 25-30
16th Aug 2016

I stayed in a private room and was impressed by the size and comfort of the room, especially for the price. The owner was so friendly and helpful. Location is centrally located, with easy access to Borough Market/Southwark and the London Bridge Tube station.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider us again the next time you visit London, thank you for your comments.

13th Aug 2016

This hostel is really great. Breakfast is incredibly generous! Best I had on hostels. The rooms are very, very cozy and well equipped with TV, PC, USB chargers, fan and beds have courtains to add some privacy. Staff is incredibly nice, we felt very welcome. The only low point on this hostel is the strange bathrooms layout. Showers have very little space for you to properly shower and get dressed in the same place. Also the ventilation is not the best so the steam won't let you come out dry.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear your stay with us was to your liking, our toilet/showers while not the biggest are big enough for what they are intended, we are always looking for ways to improve them, the ventilation problem in one of the showers has now been repaired, thank you for your comments.

13th Aug 2016
6.9

Overall, not a bad experience, but nothing exciting either. There just wasn't enough space to move around in the hostel, e.g. the stairways, the bathrooms, and the beds were all pretty small. The street was very noisy at night as well, and the room would get hot. Fellow travelers sharing the room were kind and cool.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are sorry to hear you did not enjoy our hostel, our beds are the same size as most hostels, our hallways and toilets/showers while not big enough for 3 people abreast are big enough for what they are proposed for, our rooms don't get that hot as they have wood floors and fans in all rooms, as for the street noise we are in the middle of a city, it's noisy but not o that it keeps you awake, thank you for your comments.

11th Aug 2016
7.7

Nice place and the staff are very friendly. The bathrooms are a little cramped and I wish they would have a female only option for the rooms. Great place if you want a quiet room as it's not really a party atmosphere hostel.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we cant really do a female only room ass we only have only 5 rooms but we do try to put all women in one room sometimes, our toilet/showers while not the biggest in any hostel are more than big enough to do what you have to in them, we don't advertise that we are a party hostel and we like to offer our guests a nice stay with a good rest after a hard day sight seeing, thank you for your comments.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
7th Aug 2016

Great location, felt really safe being a single female traveller and had a great selection of food for breakfast in the morning.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you liked our hostel and hope you will recommend us to your friends and families, thank you for your comments.

4th Aug 2016

I love this hostel. I'm a repeat stayer. Smaller hostel. Good pub downstairs. Great neighborhood and easy to get all around. Close to the Borough Market. "Pod" style bunk beds with your own plugs in the bed. I stay here every time I come to London!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and hope you will come back soon, thank you for your comments.