Destinations at The Rose & Crown Reviews

65 Union Street, Borough, London, England

I absolutely adored this hostel. Traveling solo, I arrived on Friday night and the Pub was packed. I checked in at the bar and was shown to my room which was lovely with the privacy curtain. The location is superb and there are tons of restaurants and the tube to get you wherever you want. 15 min walk to the Tower of London, a great Coffee shop next door and an amazing Indian good restaurant literally 6 seconds from the door! Also Mischka the live in German Shepherd is so fun to be around!

• 19th Dec 2014

The pillow and bed were so comfortable! Good location and very secure.

• 4th Dec 2014

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the memory foam mattress and pillow on each bed, thank you for your comments.

Great hostel, small and convenient, ideally located, great showers and the beds are comfy. Exactly what I needed. I'm older so I didn't want a lovely hostel

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels for your stay in London, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed yourself at our lovely hostel and hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

Great place to stay! Relaxed environment, felt comfortable and welcomed right away. Staff were very helpful and awesome people to have a pint with. Rooms, toilet, and shower were kept warm and very clean. Beds were very comfortable and private.The Rose and Crown is a great place to start your journey into the city from as it's close to the tube and it's central location. I will definately be staying here again when I go back, and would recommend it to others. Also poured a mean Guinness.

• 29th Nov 2014

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels for your stay in London, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and hope you will tell your family and friends about us, thank you for your comments.

Brilliant 4 night stay. I would highly recommend it to the sensible traveller. Very friendly staff, they'll even have a pint with you (or two or three). Good location and value for money (remember it's London and nothing is cheap).

• 20th Nov 2014

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider us again the next time your in town, thank you for your comments.

very nice rooms for a hostel. The staff was really nice and helfpful!!! :) I can really recommend this hostel.

• 13th Nov 2014

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels during your trip to London, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again, thank you for your comments.

This is in a great location, close to Borough Market, the tube and everything else London has to offer. Staff are friendly; lockable storage, reading light, privacy curtains are useful. I would recommend staying here.

• 11th Nov 2014

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

I had a very comfortable and excellent stay at Rose & Crown. Charles was a friendly, great host - the staff very helpful and positive. The room and bed were very comfortable and clean. I love the curtains across each bed for privacy in a 6 bed room. Great, free breakfast! I would not hesitate to visit this great place once again! Thank you.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for your comments.

I loved staying here! The atmosphere was very chill and welcoming. The beds were so comfortable and the people were amazing! Great breakfast too!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again next year, thank you for your comments.

After 2 weeks of traveling through Europe, London was my last stop and one of my favorite hostels. You can't beat the location for this price AT ALL. The included breakfast was one of the best. There was always plenty of bread and fruit options with a ton of spreads! More than enough. The staff was also SUPER friendly and accommodating and the place was always clean. The pub downstairs was also a nice place to hang with the locals. You won't get this experience anywhere else in London.

• 6th Nov 2014

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are please to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again next year, thank you for your comments.

Really great place, just wish the bar was open 24hrs like some other hostel bars.

Thank you for choosing destinations hostels during you trip to London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, having the bar open 24 hours would not be practicable as there is no business after 12 midnight and it would cause to much noise for our other hostel guests, thank you for your comments.

I had a very comfortable and excellent stay at Rose & Crown. Charles was a friendly, great host - the staff very helpful and positive. The room and bed were very comfortable and clean. I love the curtain available across each bed for privacy in a 6 bed room. Great, free breakfast! I would not hesitate to visit this great place once again!

Thank you for choosing destinations hostels during your stay in London, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again next year, thank you for your comments.

Great!!! I stayed here during 4 nights. Everything went well!!! Strongly I'd recomend to all my friends!!! Rooms are clean and confortable. In my case, people who was sharing the room with me, usually went to sleep early in the evening to wake up right in the morning and enjoy the day! Which was good for me! Moreover you can downstairs and have a good pint of guinness at the pub!

• 25th Oct 2014

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider us again the next time your in town, thank you for your comments.

It was a great pleasure to stay at this hostel which associates a nice and friendly pub with a good, clean and comfortable hostel. The curtains on side of the bed are appreciated for a good sleep. The breakfast is more than good and full of good stuff. Thanks to Josh, Flavia and all the staff! :-)

• 25th Oct 2014

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to london, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will choose us again the next time your in London, thank you for your comments.

Great place to stay ! Comfortable beds , dorm rooms to die for ! Great facilities in the room , pretty decent breakfast , friendly owner with cute dog , I'll be back , for the money it's not bad , London is very very expensive ,,,,,, some points taken away for not having a common room but the pub downstairs pretty much takes care of that , excellent staff there as well.

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels during your visit to london, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider us again the next time your in town, we do say on hostelworld that we do not have a common room and if you wish this facility not to book our hostel so little unfair to mark us down for this, thank you for your comments.

Loved it! Safe, clean hostel. Nearby train moves slowly and is pretty quiet. GOOD WIFI! Friendly proprietor seemed always ready to talk politics or share a joke. Great staff -- even their chef showed me how to make a pizza and took me out to experience some of London's nightlife! Flavia, Valesca and Josh are simply beautiful company. They're so friendly, attentive and easily the highlight of my trip. I miss them already and I will cherish all the fond memories I have of my time with them!

• 18th Oct 2014

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels during your trip to London, we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and on behalf of all the staff here thank you for your comments.

The good: -convenient location within walking distance to many places of interest -privacy curtains on each bed -late check out time (12pm) -hot water in showers The bad: -the room doors slam shut very loudly. So you cannot really get a good night's sleep because you are awakened by ridiculously loud slamming doors all the time. The ugly: -there are 2 toilets

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us but let me address your comments, the doors have auto close mechanisms on them for fire safety, we do ask our guests not to slam them but we cannot be there to chastise them every time they slam them and as for just 2 toilets, we have a 10/1 ratio for showers and toilets, much better than most hostels, thank you for your comments.

Nice hostel, well located and clean.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Spain

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

This was the most comfortable bed on my trip. The place was pretty quiet, clean and located within a mile of 2 tube stations and the train to Gatwick. You're in a good spot for both British and Indian food, the two you go for in London. Very, very convenient. However, I don't recommend this place for the atmosphere. You have a nondescript British pub downstairs, which is good if you just want to quietly grab a drink, but doesn't really have the vibe to meet people like you want at a hostel.

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels during your trip to London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon, the pub downstairs while not busy every night is a good place to meet other hostel guests and locals alike, thank you for your comments.

Definitely a great visit! Good, clean and basic rooms and a nice pub downstairs. The location is just perfect.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will choose us again the next time your in town, thank you for your comments.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4