Destinations at The Rose & Crown

Superb 1038 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 1038 Total Reviews

13th Apr 2017

What a great hostel!! Love the privacy curtains on the beds, the underbed storage boxes were great (and rolled quietly!) and the area was good too. A bit pricey compared to other hostels, but well worth it. Would love to stay here again! The only complaints I had were the toilets were a little old ane the doors and floors were a bit squeaky, but everything else I was very happy with.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us, our toilets have been refurbished recently, the building is old and so some but not all floor boards do squeak, but that adds character to the building, thank you for your comments.

12th Apr 2017

The Rose & Crown was a wonderful place to stay! Several security doors with separate codes made me feel safe. The lockers underneath the beds were great for storing my stuff and for peace of mind since I could lock it. I brought my own lock, I can't remember if they offered me one upon arrival though. Location is great, short walk to the Borough Market and the Borough Underground Station as well as other sight seeing attractions! Loved the atmosphere! Loved it here! Felt like home

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will come again soon, thank you for your comments.

27th Mar 2017

Stayed at quite a few hostels in London and this place is easily the best. Prime location about 5min walk from the awesome Borough markets. Staff are all super friendly and helpful. The showers are great and everything is super clean. The memory foam mattresses are a treat and the curtains on each bed are a nice touch. The free breakfast is probably the best breakfast in any hostel I've had with everything from cereals to cheese to salami to waffles. Highly recommend!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear your stay with us met your expectations and hope you will choose us again the next time you visit London, thank you for your comments.

24th Mar 2017

I go to London a couple times a year and always stay here. One of my favorite hostels around the world. They're always improving something. Every time I come there's something new and improved! This time it was showers. They're twice the old size. But I think my favorite part is the staff. Just all so nice and helpful.

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels again, we are always happy to see you and hope we will see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

• USA, Female, 18-24
23rd Mar 2017

We loved our time here on our last trip to London. The location is unbeatable. It's less than a 5 min walk to the tube, borough market, and London bridge. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed what our hostel has to offer and hope you will be back soon, thank you for your comments.

• USA, Female, 25-30
21st Mar 2017
6.0

The did not have anyway of allowing the guest to interact with each other. I felt very isolated and it was not a welcoming atmosphere. I did not realize that this hostel did not have an age restriction so I was sadly placed in a room with a 60+ year old man. I was very uncomfortable in the situation but the staff did not do anything to help me! I did not want to stay in my room because of that but the hostel did not have anywhere else for us to relax and unwind so that sucked.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are sorry to hear you did not enjoy our hostel, we do not advertise that we have a common room and it clearly states this on the website, the gentleman you referred to is only 52 but if you wanted to move and actually mentioned this to our staff we would have moved you to another room but you did not bring this to the attention of our staff, we have always has a welcoming atmosphere and it has been remarked upon on numerous reviews, we cannot make our guests interact with each other, this is their decision, thank you for your comments.

17th Mar 2017

Located less than 5 minutes away from Borough Market, this is one of my favorite hostels, location wise, in all of London. The hostel is extremely clean and cozy, with comfortable beds. Potential downside is that there are only two showers and two toilets that service the entire hostel, but I didn't run into any problems with this. There are three separate door codes to get back into the hostel, which can be troublesome if you're drunk.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed our hostel, we have found the door code system to be the best available to our needs, having a ratio of 10 guests to each shower/toilet is as good if not better than most hostels in London, thank you for your comments.

• Slovenia, Male, 18-24
17th Mar 2017

I spent 4 nights at the hostel and I must say the location is great! Also the hostel is a bit chilled down so there is not much ''partying'' going on, which is great if you are in london for work or just to see the city. The breakfast in the morning is great (everything from toasts, waffles, Flapjacks..). My only concern were the security locks for the boxes under the bed, they could upgrade them to more advanced and secured ones, which cant be picked that easily, but you could bring your own.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, our security boxes are secure, the box you had access to was damaged and has now been repaired, thank you for your comments.

• Czech Republic, Female, 31-40
14th Mar 2017

This hostel is based in a great central location. I found staff extremely helpful and very lovely - thanks so much for making me feel so welcome at your place! There are two newly refurbished showers and two toilets for the entire hostel. I found my room to be clean and in a good condition. The only downside was that my room was facing a busy street and I could not close the window completely. That resulted in having to listen to quite a lot of noise and not so good night's sleep.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, we are planning to install secondary glazing to our windows, we are on a secondary street so the street noises are not as bad as most hostels, thank you for your comments.

• Wales, Female, 31-40
11th Mar 2017

Nice staff. The venue could do with more than two showers though. Comfy bed. Would have liked a cooked breakfast.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased you liked some of our hostel, unfortunately hostels in London do not offer a cooked breakfast because the paying a chef to wait for orders is to expensive considering your paying so little for your bed and you get a free breakfast, we do offer a hot sandwich maker, cold meats and cheeses, our shower to guest ratio is better than most hostels, I think you maybe confusing hotels with hostels, this is done often, thank you for your comments.