Destinations at The Rose & Crown Reviews

65 Union Street, Borough, London, England

I had a very comfortable and excellent stay at Rose & Crown. Charles was a friendly, great host - the staff very helpful and positive. The room and bed were very comfortable and clean. I love the curtains across each bed for privacy in a 6 bed room. Great, free breakfast! I would not hesitate to visit this great place once again! Thank you.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for your comments.

After 2 weeks of traveling through Europe, London was my last stop and one of my favorite hostels. You can't beat the location for this price AT ALL. The included breakfast was one of the best. There was always plenty of bread and fruit options with a ton of spreads! More than enough. The staff was also SUPER friendly and accommodating and the place was always clean. The pub downstairs was also a nice place to hang with the locals. You won't get this experience anywhere else in London.

• 6th Nov 2014

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are please to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again next year, thank you for your comments.

Really great place, just wish the bar was open 24hrs like some other hostel bars.

• 30th Oct 2014

Thank you for choosing destinations hostels during you trip to London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, having the bar open 24 hours would not be practicable as there is no business after 12 midnight and it would cause to much noise for our other hostel guests, thank you for your comments.

I had a very comfortable and excellent stay at Rose & Crown. Charles was a friendly, great host - the staff very helpful and positive. The room and bed were very comfortable and clean. I love the curtain available across each bed for privacy in a 6 bed room. Great, free breakfast! I would not hesitate to visit this great place once again!

Thank you for choosing destinations hostels during your stay in London, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again next year, thank you for your comments.

Great!!! I stayed here during 4 nights. Everything went well!!! Strongly I'd recomend to all my friends!!! Rooms are clean and confortable. In my case, people who was sharing the room with me, usually went to sleep early in the evening to wake up right in the morning and enjoy the day! Which was good for me! Moreover you can downstairs and have a good pint of guinness at the pub!

• 25th Oct 2014

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider us again the next time your in town, thank you for your comments.

It was a great pleasure to stay at this hostel which associates a nice and friendly pub with a good, clean and comfortable hostel. The curtains on side of the bed are appreciated for a good sleep. The breakfast is more than good and full of good stuff. Thanks to Josh, Flavia and all the staff! :-)

• 25th Oct 2014

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to london, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will choose us again the next time your in London, thank you for your comments.

Great place to stay ! Comfortable beds , dorm rooms to die for ! Great facilities in the room , pretty decent breakfast , friendly owner with cute dog , I'll be back , for the money it's not bad , London is very very expensive ,,,,,, some points taken away for not having a common room but the pub downstairs pretty much takes care of that , excellent staff there as well.

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels during your visit to london, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider us again the next time your in town, we do say on hostelworld that we do not have a common room and if you wish this facility not to book our hostel so little unfair to mark us down for this, thank you for your comments.

Loved it! Safe, clean hostel. Nearby train moves slowly and is pretty quiet. GOOD WIFI! Friendly proprietor seemed always ready to talk politics or share a joke. Great staff -- even their chef showed me how to make a pizza and took me out to experience some of London's nightlife! Flavia, Valesca and Josh are simply beautiful company. They're so friendly, attentive and easily the highlight of my trip. I miss them already and I will cherish all the fond memories I have of my time with them!

• 18th Oct 2014

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels during your trip to London, we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and on behalf of all the staff here thank you for your comments.

The good: -convenient location within walking distance to many places of interest -privacy curtains on each bed -late check out time (12pm) -hot water in showers The bad: -the room doors slam shut very loudly. So you cannot really get a good night's sleep because you are awakened by ridiculously loud slamming doors all the time. The ugly: -there are 2 toilets

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us but let me address your comments, the doors have auto close mechanisms on them for fire safety, we do ask our guests not to slam them but we cannot be there to chastise them every time they slam them and as for just 2 toilets, we have a 10/1 ratio for showers and toilets, much better than most hostels, thank you for your comments.

Nice hostel, well located and clean.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Spain

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

This was the most comfortable bed on my trip. The place was pretty quiet, clean and located within a mile of 2 tube stations and the train to Gatwick. You're in a good spot for both British and Indian food, the two you go for in London. Very, very convenient. However, I don't recommend this place for the atmosphere. You have a nondescript British pub downstairs, which is good if you just want to quietly grab a drink, but doesn't really have the vibe to meet people like you want at a hostel.

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels during your trip to London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon, the pub downstairs while not busy every night is a good place to meet other hostel guests and locals alike, thank you for your comments.

Definitely a great visit! Good, clean and basic rooms and a nice pub downstairs. The location is just perfect.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will choose us again the next time your in town, thank you for your comments.

Great hostel. Simple and clean. The lack of kitchen and common room means there is little typical hostel atmosphere, a bit quiet and people staying are in London for work, in between rental, or serious travellers after real sleep. The trains at night could wake you at times. Decent breakfast in the pub, nice hosts - more like a city b

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your stay in London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, we do say that we don't have a common room or kitchen on the website, the trains don't really run after 12 midnight, thank you for your comments.

Costs in London tend to be high. I was glad to find this affordable lodging near a gathering I was taking part in. The room was not spacious, but the beds were good, and the under-bed locker was handy, and perhaps necessary. Free internet! Breakfast offerings were very good. The downstairs pub seemed friendly, but I didn't make use of it. Just one disconcerting incident in my stay: inexpensive toiletries and pajamas disappeared from my bed before my last night there. Error of the cleaning lady.

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we have no control over the prices in London but we have made our prices very competitive, your stuff had not disappeared from your bed just moved because we had to change the bedding and moved them while doing so, they were returned to you the next day when you ask for them, this was not an error but simply our cleaner doing her job, we are sorry you lost your comb, towel and salad, these could have been taken by a guest.

Great hostel, very well located, very comfy beds, included breakfast was very nice. Lacks a social atmosphere, which for me was fine, but if you're after somewhere you can meet people maybe try somewhere else.

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels during your stay in London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, we do have a very vibrant social atmosphere in the bar downstairs and many of our guests make good friends there, thank you for your comments.

Room was nice, but my backpack couldn't fit in the locker. The shower was taped together. They had the best free breakfast!!

Thank you for choosing destinations hostels during your trip to London, our lockers can fit a small backpack but not one the size of yours, but they are big enough to store your stuff, the shower had a broken tile and was taped up until it was replaced the same day, thank you for your comments.

It's in a great location and is clean, but if you're looking to meet people and hang out, it's not the right place for you. No socializing as far as I saw. I went down to the pub one evening looking to meet others at the hostel or locals and there was no one there besides a few older men who had no interest in talking to me.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your stay in London, depending on the weather the bar can be busy or quiet, like most bars but our staff are always willing to chat about anything, we often have a few of our guests chatting downstairs and socialising, thank you for your comments.

Great location, comfy beds with a lamp and power point at the bed head. The curtain across each bed is a big help, especially when other guests in the room are up early or get in late. The breakfast is very basic, but good. Only problem I came across was the showers are very cramped, but they always had hot water so not the end of the world. Would definitely stay there again.

• 15th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels during your stay in London, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again, our showers are on the smaller side but more than big enough to shower and change in them, our breakfast is better than most hostels in London as you will find out if you stay in another hostel, thank you for your comments.

Great location near London Bridge. The owner was really funny and helpful. Every bed has a reading light, locker, curtain and socket and there was a computer, tv and a water boiler in the room. Altough it was quiet in the room during the night it is better to have earplugs because there are railtracks nearby and you could hear the trains during the night. Breakfast was basic but good. Best place I've stayed in London so far!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your trip to London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, the trains stop running about 11.30pm and only go past at a very slow speed, thank you for your comments.

The location of this hostel cannot be beaten - it's a few minutes walk from Borough Market and the Thames. The security is great and the privacy curtains around each bed are a nice luxury. This place is great for couples or people travelling together, but without a communal space it can be difficult for solo travellers to meet others. I'd definitely stay here again.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, we do say on the website that we DO NOT have a common room and we ask not to book our hostel if you want this, we get more single travelers than couples here and we rarely get this comment as most people go to the bar downstairs, thank you for your comments.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4