Destinations at The Rose & Crown Reviews

65 Union Street, Borough, London, England

I've been in the hostel for seven days and i can tell that is a great hostel, very nice atmosphere at the bar, the people working there is very kind, everything is clean and the bed is VERY good specially after a long day walking. The breakfast is very good too. The hostel is close to Borough underground station so you can move from there to everywhere in london. Thanks to all the guys and girls that work in the hostel!

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Argentina

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and on behalf of all the staff thank you for your kind words, we hope you will consider us again the next time you visit London, thank you for your comments.

Awesome staff but the no kitchen or common room is where it lost out. The included breakfast was really good and the TV and fridge in room was nice. We definitely would have been happier if there was a microwave available for at least some meals there. Super safe feel but the pictures are a bit misleading especially the patio area. Honestly location isn't as important in London as long as you stay close to a tube station you can get anywhere quick. Price felt a bit steep.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we do not advertise we have a common room/kitchen, had you read the hostel description, we actually say not to book our hostel if your looking for these facilities, I am not sure what you mean about our photo's, all our photo's are real and not misleading as you described, we have exactly what you see in our photo's, we don't put microwaves in the rooms because of safety and rodent reasons, thank you for your comments.

great shower pressure, everything in very clean and organized and the host is very friendly! Love the location as well :)

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will choose us again the next time your in London, thank you for your comments.

Would be better if locking luggage case under bed had more room to fit a full suitcase.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, our lockers while not big enough for a full size suitcase can take a smaller suitcase or backpack and should you need to we can store your large suitcase in our secure luggage room, thank you for your comments.

I was there for one night only. The hostel is in a good location, only 2 minutes on foot from a important metro station. The reception is a pub, it's very welcoming. the hostel is clean in general but it wasnt worth the amount we pay. Not my favorite hostel but it's ok for one night or two.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and as you travel more you will think that our prices for what we offer was more reasonable than you first thought, thank you for your comments.

One of the best hostels I´ve stayed in my month travelling around Europe. The staff was always helpful and nice. The location is unbeatable, really close to many of the touristic points and to the subway. The only thing that I think that rests points is that they don´t have a kitchen where you can cook your own meals, but they do offer a fridge and free water, tea and coffee in your room. I definitely recommended it, I would stay here on my next time in London.

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and our facilities, we would like to install a guest kitchen but as of this time we do not have the room to do so but we will continue to improve our facilities for all our guests, thank you for your comments.

We had a great time at The Rose & Crown. Our room was quite nice, the staff was very kind and the beer tasty. The hostel is perfect to reach any part of London by tube, train or even by feet. The most we enjoyed were our little talks to Charles. I had a wonderful birthday in London. We will definitely come back. Thanks for everything!!!

• 13th Mar 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear your enjoyed your stay with us and your birthday celebrations went so well, we look forward to seeing you again very soon, thank you for your comments.

It was a little hard to find the hostel, and kind of embarrassing to check in at night because the hostel operates as a bar. Otherwise, very kind staff, beautiful breakfast! I'd want to visit here again for sure :)

• 13th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, our hostel while not on the main street is easy to access from Borough hight street, all the directions are on the hostelworld website, thank you for your comments.

The location is perfect with buses or the metro to take you to anywhere in London you want to go. In a normally quiet area you can sleep in comfy bunks with the windows open but the hostel is always toasty warm. Not many hostel rooms provide a fridge, TV and computer with lockers under each bed. The host Charles and staff are friendly, helpful and always up for a chat. Great brekkie Highly recommended.

• 7th Mar 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we all hope to see you girls again soon, thank you for your comments.

It was my first time traveling alone and Europe and I am so glad that I chose to stay at the Rose and Crown! It had a great atmosphere in the pub and upstairs in the hostel, the showers were hot, the room had a mini fridge!, and most importantly I felt very safe. It was clean and the staff were very friendly. Breakfast in the morning and plugs at every bed were also a plus. I also liked that it was a small hostel. I would definitely choose to stay here again if I were to come back to London.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

I like this place. Very clean, the location is excellent, and staff were friendly and helpful. The beds are some of the most comfortable I've stayed in in a hostel, and I particularly liked the curtains for privacy. There are three Underground stations within a ten minute walk, and the area itself is very good. Pub downstairs, but the noise level was tolerable. The showers are very small, though. Would not recommend to anyone significantly overweight. I will return. Great price for the quality.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon, our showers are a little small but big enough to shower and change, thank you for your comments.

Great hostel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The beds are great and the rooms are cleaned daily. The curtain is great for a bit of privacy and better sleep. The bar is fun to hang out in.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

My stay at the hostel was wonderful, the staff was very welcoming and the room was very comfortable. I'm definitely staying here again the next time I go to London.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Argentina

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels, we are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon, thank you for your comments.

I spent a weekend at the Crown and Rose and I received a great welcoming from the Manager Charles and the barman Josh was a laugh aswell. No complaints from me, I will be returning to stay at this hostel again on my next weekend away to London because the location is prefect and you can walk to 95% of the sights and only really need to take the underground to Oxford Street or Kensington Gardens. Room was big enough, the tea and coffee was a nice touch. The bed was clean and comfy.

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels, we are pleased you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you again one day soon, thank you for your comments.

Nice place. I liked the screens on the beds a lot. It also had the advantage of not being on a main street so it was quiet at night. They did run out of hot water in the shower on my first night, although most likely someone just spent too long in the shower earlier.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us, our hot water is 24 hours but should we have lots of use (ie both showers going for 1 hour straight the hot water takes time to come through), thank you for your comments.

Great place, secure, clean and lively - certainly enjoyed my couple of days in London in quite the central location. Owner had a passive attitude towards me that was not evident with other lodgers however. I would like to think it was nothing personal. Showers get a little colder but generally fine. All in all - Recommend.

• 26th Feb 2015

Thank you for choosing destinations hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, there was nothing personal in my dealings with you, I try to be the same with all our guests no matter who or where they are from, our showers usually have enough hot water, they only get a little colder when they are used for a long time by each guest, thank you for your comments.

The staff were very helpful whenever I needed anything. The bar below is a great landing spot in the afternoon or at the end of the night to relax before turning in. I found the room to be clean and quiet at night. I also got to meet the resident german shepard, which was a treat!

• 21st Feb 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and Mishka is always pleased to meet new people, thank you for your comments.

I loved this hostel! I had a stopover in London for one night and was so happy to have found this place. When I arrived before check in and asked for the baggage storage, the gentleman working (Josh I think) was very helpful and even allowed me to check in early. The location is prime for seeing anything. Maybe a five minute walk to London Bridge station and not even five minutes walk to the Borough Markets, where you can get just about any food you need. Also they have memory foam beds!!

• 19th Feb 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider us again the next time your in London, thank you for your comments.

Had a lovely stay, the bed was very comfortable (memory foam) and I liked the privacy curtain. Breakfast (included in the room price) was included and a good selection of things to choose from. The hostel was very close to London Bridge station, easy to find from the directions on the website. Only downside was I didn't get to meet Mischka the dog, star of many reviews on here!!

• 30th Jan 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again and we will make sure Mishka is here to greet you and to say goodbye when you leave, thank you for your comments.

Great accomodations, helpful staff and perfect location. Really enjoyed my stay and would recommend to anybody.

• 14th Jan 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will choose us again in the future, thank you for your comments.