Destinations at The Rose & Crown Reviews

65 Union Street, Borough, London, England

It was my first time in London, and The Rose & Crown was a great place to stay so that I could explore London. At the hostel/pub, I mainly dealt with Charles, who was always friendly and helpful, especially since I was arriving early and departing in the afternoon. They met my needs, and were a great value. I highly recommend them.

• 19th Aug 2015

The owner Charles was very courteous & kind. He assisted is in any way he could. We had a six bed room as we are a family of six and it was very secure & private. The bathrooms are a bit cramped but that's not a complaint as all of us managed fine. Borough Market around the corner was amazing, loved the food there. In fact its proximity to all the sights was super. Best Coffee Shop next door, the owner showed us around the school where he has artefacts of history of coffee brewing. All in all we

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will choose us again the next time you come to London, thank you for your comments.

Excellent accommodation. Curtains round beds so not bothered by lights. Excellent range for continental breakfast. Short walk to Globe, railway stations and the river. Good for short stays but no cooking facilities for residents makes it more expensive for longer stays.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, we do say on the website that we do not have any guest kitchen facilities and if your looking for this not to book our hostel, we are hoping to add this facility as soon as possible if space is available, thank you for your comments.

The Rose & Crown was a great hostel experience while I traveled through London. I only stayed two nights, but staff were friendly and helpful, the breakfast provided had great variety, and the beds were comfortable and provided both an individual light, plug and curtain to help guests enjoy their stay. The showers are very tiny, so I would not recommend this place for someone who does not like small spaces. But water was warm and the price was great! Location is amazing!!

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, our chowers are not the biggest I will give you that, but they are more than big enought to shower and change in, thank you for your comments.

This was a perfect gem! The staff were extremely welcoming and friendly. The bed and room was so clean and comfortable. I would most definitely stay here again !

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your business, we hope to see you again, thank you for your comments.

The Rose & Crown was a lovely hostel. Charles was very friendly and helpful. Great breakfast and comfy beds. I would definitely stay here again!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, we hope to see you again, thank you for your comments.

I highly enjoyed my stay at Destinations at the Rose and Crown. The staff were helpful and friendly and the atmosphere was great. Beds were solid and cosy.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and you enjoyed what we has to offer, we try to make our guests feel right at home here, thank you for your comments.

I loved staying at the Rose & Crown while in London. As stated above, all of the details made for an affordable stay while in London, without having to sacrifice any of the pleasures of the city. SPECIAL acknowledgement to CHARLES who was such a gracious host, and was supportive, patient, and kind to this "American in London". Thank you!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and glad we could help you while here, thank you for your kind words.

Destinations was pretty good. I was only there for 2 nights and unfortunately had a very loud roommate who liked to slam doors at midnight. Apart from that my stay was fine. The bathroom facilities are very small and could use a bit of an upgrade.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are sorry to hear your stay was ruined by another guest, had you brought that to our attention we could have done something about it, our bathrooms are due for refurbishment as soon as the hostel becomes quieter, unfortunately we cannot do this until then, our bathrooms while small are big enough to wash and change in, thank you for your comments.

They are located in business district so bar is quiet overall. Staff is nice, bathrooms... Not the best & typical issues trying to find one not in use with warm water & TP. Each bed feels sturdy & private with own curtain & charging outlet. Storage boxes below & shared closets. Lock codes are a little inconvenient but oh well. Still nice atmosphere but a lil out of the way.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are glad overall you enjoyed your stay with us but sad to hear you found so many problems, our showers always have hot water, while you might have to wait it is not very long(like other hostels) our toilets alwaour security coded doors are the best we have found for our guests security, we are only 15 mins walk from the tower of London and 25 mins from big ben so not really sure how you regard us as being out of the way, thank you for your comments

We felt very at home in the Rose and Crown hostel! The staff were very helpful and friendly, the beds were comfortable and provided us with our own Little nook, and everyone else at the hostel was very nice! The breakfast was definitely a Highlight. It's so nice to wake up and know that you will be fed well- such a good selection of Food! Overall a really good hostel in a really cool and convenient area.

• 14th Jul 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will come back soon, thank you for your comments.

I loved this place. Always felt safe and comfortable here, the staff were all very friendly and helpful. I would defiantly recommend it to friends and stay there again

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again one day, thank you for your comments.

The staff are friendly and react to problem quickly. I like the bed with personal curtain, light and socket. The location is great, it's near Borough market and just five minutes walks from London Bridge Station. There is fridge, TV and PC even in mixed room. And a fine pub is just down stair for anyone who fancy some drink and free breakfast.

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Taiwan

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will tell your friends about us, thank you for your comments.

Fantastic hostel above a pub. Hostel is slightly dated and could do with a refurb (e.g. new carpets) but otherwise very clean. I'm 6 feet tall and bed was only just long enough but extrememly comfy! Good breakfast which is included in the price. The only thing I would say is take some ear plugs! There's a church right next door which has bells!!!

• 11th Jul 2015

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels, we do refurb different parts of the hostel every year and change the hall way carpet every year, the church nearby only sounds its bells on Sunday's, thank you for your comments.

Loved this Hostel. Wonderful pub below with sweet people to help if needed. My only issue was the key pad locks. Not too good and working those. :) The bathrooms were shared but I never had an issue with getting into one. Breakfast was wonderful. No air con but that was fine because the weather was great and they offered a tall fan. the beds were lovely...had your own plugs. The area was wonderful.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed our hostel, the numbered door locks have been the best we have come acroos for security but if we find a more safe and better method of door security we will move to that, thank you for your comments.

Fist time in a hostel and was pleasantly surprised. Staff were very friendly and helpful, great atmosphere in the pub downstairs. The showers were lovely and hot but were a bit of a tight squeeze. I did however enjoy my stay and would definitely be back again.

• 8th Jul 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and hope you will consider us again the next time your in town, we will be refurbishing our showers soon and hope this will improve the hostel experience for our guests, thank you for your comments.

It was very nice hostel to stay. I booked 3nights and stayed with my family. everything was fine but one thing I didn`t like was we couldn`t stay one room.. My family members are 4 and naturally I thought i was going to stay togeather but i stayed different room. I asked staff to change the room. But they couldnt. I booked the hostel 3months ago and I still don`t understand why i coudn`t stay with my family. except that thing, everything was fine.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, as I explanined to you when you checked in the other guests in your family's room booked before you did(at least 4 months)and did not want to leave to go to another room, it is not the policy of this hostel to force guests to move against their will, we tried everything in our power to accomodate your request but were not able to do this for you and we apologized to you but as I can see you were offended that we did not do this for you.

Love this Hostel! We will definitely return when we visit London again!

• 4th Jul 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for your comments.

My friends and I loved the hostel! Great atmosphere and everyone we met was so nice. Definitely will stay here again.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will return again one day, thank you for your comments.

very friendly staff, affordable price for this location

« first « Prev 1 2 3