Fabulous 895 Total Reviews
Fabulous 895 Total Reviews
Destinations at The Rose & Crown Located at 65 Union Street, Borough, London.
England
London London SE1 1SG 65 Union Street, Borough
89% 895
51.5038742 -0.0948160
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 25-30
16th Jul 2016

Outlets in each room and in the chill out space too. Only 2 bathrooms (men's and womens) for the entire floor so it was always packed. Noise level was minimal, couldn't hear anything from the barsame downstairs. Staff was super friendly and very helpful. Lockers for luggage storage were completely full people had just stacked their luggage all over and the door was not secured. Don't plan on leaving your luggage here unless you get lucky and get a locker. Would definitely stay again though!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, our bathrooms while small are accessible for more than 1 hour each day and if they are full when you first try then you could return after 15 mins, we have 1 locker per bed and if all the lockers are being used all you need do is report to our staff and they will find you a locker, some of the lockers in your room were locked but not being used, thank you for your comments.

• USA, Female, 18-24
15th Jul 2016

Good, everything I needed. Great privacy, loved the curtains by each bed. It was my first time being in a hostel and it went well! The staff is friendly, the breakfast had a good selection (better than expected), and I felt like my stuff was safe while I went out & about my day. I HIGHLY suggest this place if you're looking for privacy. I enjoyed my stay here and it made London a lot more affordable for me!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider us again in the future, thank you for your comments.

• USA, Female, 18-24
12th Jul 2016

My two friends and I had a great stay here. This was their first time staying in a hostel and they really enjoyed having all the security and the privacy curtains. I'm a little more laid back hostel traveller and I really enjoyed the atmosphere of this hostel and the pub that it was above. They served one of the best breakfasts I've had at a hostel!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider us again the next time you come to London, thank you for your comments.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
8th Jul 2016
7.4

I am just over 6 foot, and the beds were too small. I expect to be cramped in a single bed at a hostel, but the way that the bunk beds are built you cant hang your feet over the end of the bed. If you are tall, stay somewhere else.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are sorry to hear your visit to us did not meet your expectations, our beds are actually 6'3" in length(I measured to confirm) and you can put your feet out to the side of the bed if your taller than this, next time please look at the photo's in the hostel description to check if you can fit in the beds provided, thank you for your comments.

• mr_alexander
  • Canada, Male, 25-30
6th Jul 2016

The Rose & Crown is a hidden gem in the heart or London! - The security doors and lockers keep you safe and secure. - Location is fantastic, walking distance to every major attraction and public transit. - Charles and his staff are kind and helpful. - The pub right downstairs is very convenient for food, drink, or meeting up. - Multiple showers and toilets, and the cleaning services daily are great. Well worth it for the money, will definitely come back for another stay. Top to bottom 10/10!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again one day soon, thank you for your comments.

4th Jul 2016
6.3

I asked them if it is possible to modify my booking, the girl asked me to meet the guy at the reception in the evening. I didn't go because of change of my plans. However, they checked me out on the second day and claimed that I told them I wanted two days! You wanted to me meet the guy in the evening to confirm! Why would you do it when I didn't meet him? And, I had asked the possibility!

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels, I checked with the girl you asked to change your booking, you said you wanted to change your booking and you would confirm it later, you never came back to say you did not want to change your booking so we went ahead and changed your booking as you had originally requested, this mix up was purely down to you not bothering to come back and confirm you wanted the second day, I think you need to make sure you do what you say you will do in future.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
1st Jul 2016

This was my first time staying in a hostel, so I was a bit skeptical going into it. When I arrived the staff was very welcoming and I instantly felt at home. When it comes to the rooms I stayed in a 6 person room. The security lockers were big enough to fit a decent amount of stuff and the privacy curtains on the bed were great. Each room has a code to get into and locks once you leave so security is great. The showers and bathrooms were very clean and nice. I would highly recommend staying here

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will choose us again the next time your in town, thank you for your comments.

25th Jun 2016

This place was great for just going to London and crashing. There were some loud pub guest on the streets but you are in a city during the Eurocup. Every location near pubs will be rowdy. We loved the ability to lock items, charge our electronics, close to metro, provided hearty breakfast and pirvacy curtains on the bunk beds...overall we had a good experience. If you are looking to hang out and meet people you may want a location with a common area.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, the bar has been busier during the Euro's but not to the extent that it will bother our hostel guests, we do say in our hostel description that we dont have a common room but our bar downstairs is always a good place to hand out, thank you for your comments.

• China, Female, 18-24
24th Jun 2016

The location is good. Free breakfast is offered. But there was only one bathroom available so people all living in that floor had to wait. The bed is too soft that made me backache everyday when staying there.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we have 2 showers, 2 toilets and 2 bathroom sinks and we have found this to be enough for our guests to use, the beds have memory foam mattresses and are firm but not to firm, we can provide extra support if needed but you need to ask us, thank you for your comments.

• USA, Male, 18-24
22nd Jun 2016

Overall a great hostel to stay at when in London! Its on top of a a great local pub that hs a chill atmosphere and doesn't stay open too late so you can still get a quite nights rest. The location is a great local vibe that is really close to many main attractions in London. You still have to use the tube occasionally though since London is a large city. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly, will help you out no matter what! Will definitely return.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed our hostel and hope you will come back again soon, thank you for your comments.