Destinations at The Rose & Crown Reviews

65 Union Street, Borough, London, England

This has been my favourite hostel duringy three week trip in the UK. Staff are awesome, the place is quiet, clean, and safe, great breakfast that is included, would definitely stay again.

Everything about this hostel was fantastic. We booked 2 nights at this hostel and 3 nights at a hostel by Kensington but after the first night at the other hostel we switched back because we just loved this one so much. It's above an adorable London-ey pub yet it's still very quiet. Close to the London eye, bridge, trains, everything. We even walked to Westminster from here because the river isn't far and it's a beautiful walk. Love love love the hostel. Couldn't say enough awesome things.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and on behalf of everyone here thank you for your kind words, thank you for your comments.

Very convenient to London bridge station and hop on hop off bus stop. Quiet in the rooms even with pub downstairs. Good food, drink, and atmosphere in the pub. I'm 63 years old and was my first stay in a hostle. I would come again

• 12th May 2015

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels, we are very pleased you enjoyed your first experience in a hostel with us and hope to see you again one day soon, thank you for your comments.

My stay in this hostel was very comfortable! The staff was very accommodating and helpful. The room was better than I expected -- very clean and nicely equipped. It's quiet at night, as the pub downstairs closed at 11pm that Thursday. The location was perfect, walking distance to many attractions. I would definitely stay here again!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we want to thank you for your kind words and hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

It has been a great stay. I will definitely stay there again when I'll visit London!!!!

• 3rd May 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit to our hostel and hope you will e back soon, thank you for your comments.

Tiny bathrooms...

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are sorry to hear you hated your stay with us, our bathrooms while smaller than other hostels are not tiny, they are more than big enough to shower and change in, had you looked at the photo's on the website you would have seen the size of the bathrooms, thank you for your comments.

Great hostel. Rooms were a bit tight on space, but good value for money.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider us again the next time your in London, thank you for your comments.

Great place, very central and fantastic staff. Would stay there again any time!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

I've been in the hostel for seven days and i can tell that is a great hostel, very nice atmosphere at the bar, the people working there is very kind, everything is clean and the bed is VERY good specially after a long day walking. The breakfast is very good too. The hostel is close to Borough underground station so you can move from there to everywhere in london. Thanks to all the guys and girls that work in the hostel!

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Argentina

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and on behalf of all the staff thank you for your kind words, we hope you will consider us again the next time you visit London, thank you for your comments.

Awesome staff but the no kitchen or common room is where it lost out. The included breakfast was really good and the TV and fridge in room was nice. We definitely would have been happier if there was a microwave available for at least some meals there. Super safe feel but the pictures are a bit misleading especially the patio area. Honestly location isn't as important in London as long as you stay close to a tube station you can get anywhere quick. Price felt a bit steep.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we do not advertise we have a common room/kitchen, had you read the hostel description, we actually say not to book our hostel if your looking for these facilities, I am not sure what you mean about our photo's, all our photo's are real and not misleading as you described, we have exactly what you see in our photo's, we don't put microwaves in the rooms because of safety and rodent reasons, thank you for your comments.

great shower pressure, everything in very clean and organized and the host is very friendly! Love the location as well :)

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will choose us again the next time your in London, thank you for your comments.

Would be better if locking luggage case under bed had more room to fit a full suitcase.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, our lockers while not big enough for a full size suitcase can take a smaller suitcase or backpack and should you need to we can store your large suitcase in our secure luggage room, thank you for your comments.

I was there for one night only. The hostel is in a good location, only 2 minutes on foot from a important metro station. The reception is a pub, it's very welcoming. the hostel is clean in general but it wasnt worth the amount we pay. Not my favorite hostel but it's ok for one night or two.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and as you travel more you will think that our prices for what we offer was more reasonable than you first thought, thank you for your comments.

One of the best hostels I´ve stayed in my month travelling around Europe. The staff was always helpful and nice. The location is unbeatable, really close to many of the touristic points and to the subway. The only thing that I think that rests points is that they don´t have a kitchen where you can cook your own meals, but they do offer a fridge and free water, tea and coffee in your room. I definitely recommended it, I would stay here on my next time in London.

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and our facilities, we would like to install a guest kitchen but as of this time we do not have the room to do so but we will continue to improve our facilities for all our guests, thank you for your comments.

We had a great time at The Rose & Crown. Our room was quite nice, the staff was very kind and the beer tasty. The hostel is perfect to reach any part of London by tube, train or even by feet. The most we enjoyed were our little talks to Charles. I had a wonderful birthday in London. We will definitely come back. Thanks for everything!!!

• 13th Mar 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear your enjoyed your stay with us and your birthday celebrations went so well, we look forward to seeing you again very soon, thank you for your comments.

It was a little hard to find the hostel, and kind of embarrassing to check in at night because the hostel operates as a bar. Otherwise, very kind staff, beautiful breakfast! I'd want to visit here again for sure :)

• 13th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, our hostel while not on the main street is easy to access from Borough hight street, all the directions are on the hostelworld website, thank you for your comments.

The location is perfect with buses or the metro to take you to anywhere in London you want to go. In a normally quiet area you can sleep in comfy bunks with the windows open but the hostel is always toasty warm. Not many hostel rooms provide a fridge, TV and computer with lockers under each bed. The host Charles and staff are friendly, helpful and always up for a chat. Great brekkie Highly recommended.

• 7th Mar 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we all hope to see you girls again soon, thank you for your comments.

It was my first time traveling alone and Europe and I am so glad that I chose to stay at the Rose and Crown! It had a great atmosphere in the pub and upstairs in the hostel, the showers were hot, the room had a mini fridge!, and most importantly I felt very safe. It was clean and the staff were very friendly. Breakfast in the morning and plugs at every bed were also a plus. I also liked that it was a small hostel. I would definitely choose to stay here again if I were to come back to London.

I like this place. Very clean, the location is excellent, and staff were friendly and helpful. The beds are some of the most comfortable I've stayed in in a hostel, and I particularly liked the curtains for privacy. There are three Underground stations within a ten minute walk, and the area itself is very good. Pub downstairs, but the noise level was tolerable. The showers are very small, though. Would not recommend to anyone significantly overweight. I will return. Great price for the quality.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon, our showers are a little small but big enough to shower and change, thank you for your comments.

Great hostel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The beds are great and the rooms are cleaned daily. The curtain is great for a bit of privacy and better sleep. The bar is fun to hang out in.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

« first « Prev 1 2 3