Destinations at The Rose & Crown Reviews

65 Union Street, Borough, London, England

I've really enjoyed staying at The Rose & Crown. Me and 2 of my friends spent 3 nights and will be sure to come back, hopefully in near future. Room was clean, cozy and got everything you could need during your stay. Staff was also very pleasant and helpful. Only one negative thing, Trooper was not cold enough :) P.S. Misha is beautiful, looking forward to pet her again when I come back :)

• 16th Oct 2015
  • Croatia

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and when you return we will make sure the trooper is super chilled, thank you for your comments.

I loved staying at Destinations. Everyone was lovely, my room was cute and super-comfortable, and the facilities were grand. Plus, how can you not love staying at a place that is in a great neighborhood, away from the tourists, and is full of public art and history? Being a solo traveller, I appreciated that the building (and the access stairs to the rooms) had lock codes - changed regularly - and so did my single room. It was great. I can't wait to go back!

• 15th Oct 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

Very friendly staff, and great location. What made this hostel the best was the free breakfast and early check in / late check out times.

• 14th Oct 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your tinme with us and hope you will choose us again the next time your in London, thank you for your comments.

Only thing I could think about commenting on hoping that it gets to the hostel is changing the bathroom mats over or putting them out to dry. Rotatiion becuase with the confined space of shower you can't help but put your feet in possible wet unpleasantness. Other than that it was all good :).

• 11th Oct 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, the bathroom mats are changed every day but if the showers are used many times after this they can become damp, they are anti bacteria mats and soak up as much water as possible but can feel little damp, thank you for your comments.

Great little hostel. It was in the middle of London walking distance from the London bridge underground. But not super close to it and not easy to find your first time there. The operating pub on ground level is a good starting point for any activities Nd the free breakfast can't be beat!!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, we are no more than a 4 minute walk from London Bridge station and if you follow the instructions on the hostelworld website you will find us easy, thank you for your comments.

I really loved my stay at the Rose and Crown! Charles was super lovely and provided really good recommendations for things to do in London! All the staff were lovely and kind especially Sarah who kept me company during the night at the bar. Easy walking distance to London Bridge and the Thames. I even got to play with Misch the hostel dog each morning! I would stay again!

• 27th Sep 2015

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, we hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

5min walk from 2 tube stations and from Borough Market, so good location. Very solid breakfast, with meats, cheese and fresh fruit in addition to breads & cereals. Three diff codes to get into room, so felt very safe. Downstairs bar is clean and well-kept. Rugs and walls in hallway and stairs need cleaning, ceiling above bed had what looked like water staining, as did curtain next to bed. Bed very soft but comfy, good pillow (memory foam?). Bunks had own lights & outlets - useful! Nice staff.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us, we will be changing the hallway carpets and curtains on the beds very soon and all rooms will be redecorated as soon as we are able to close each room to do so, thank you for your comments.

Really nice place to stay, much nicer than I expected. The pub closes at 23:00 and isn't the type of place to get loud but the windows are only single glazed so you can hear everything going on outside. Thankfully it doesn't seem to be a loud area but I'd recommend taking ear plugs anyway, although that bit of advice probably holds true for all hostels.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, our windows are single glazed but we are in a quiet street with not to much noise, certainly no more than any other hostel, we do offer free ear plugs, thank you for your comments.

Thanks to Charles and all the staff for kindness, and patience!

• 21st Sep 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again, thank you for your comments.

Very comfortable, can not wait to return

• 19th Sep 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

A very good find and lovely stay, I only stayed one night as I was passing through London and the rose and crown gave me everything I needed, friendly staff, warm welcome, couldn't as for more facilities, everything I needed for my stay with a comfortable bed which was the main thing I was looking forward to after my travels.

Location is Excellent, very close to Borough Market and reasonably close to Tube (London Bridge Station) and Bus Stops making trips to other areas of London quick and easy. Beds are comfortable but an emphasis on providing Top/Bottom Bunks to couples travelling together should be made. Bathrooms/Showers are incredibly small, but usable especially if you're not using them at peak times.

• 14th Sep 2015

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us, we do offer a double bed in our private room and this works out cheaper than booking 2 beds in the other rooms, something to consider if you decide to return, thank you for your comments.

great people great location

• 9th Sep 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear your enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

Stylish hostel, ample breakfast, but not kitchen. The attraction for me.and other travelers who care about what they eat is the opportunity to cook your own meals. t,

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, had you read the hostel description before booking we do say there that we have no guest kitchen and ask anyone looking for this facility to book another hostel, so to criticise us for this is unfair, we do not hide the fact we do not have a guest kitchen, thank you for your comments.

The Rose and Crown was a wonderful place to stay in London. The location is great and an easy 5 minute walk to London Bridge Underground station. The hosts were very helpful and always open for suggestions and recommendations on things to do. I would definitely recommend Rose and Crown for a future stay in London!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for your comments.

It is in the middle between the tower bridge and the eye. Its not in a great location but its better than a lot of other ones. It is small and clean but their are only 2 showers and they are really small. the beds are super comfy.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are sorry you seemed not to enjoy your stay with us, our location is central for many tourist sites, we are within a 30 minute walk of some of the biggest tourist sites London has to offer, our showers while small are big enough to shower and change in and the 2 we have is more than enough for the up to 22 guests our hostel holds, thank you for your comments.

It was my first time in London, and The Rose & Crown was a great place to stay so that I could explore London. At the hostel/pub, I mainly dealt with Charles, who was always friendly and helpful, especially since I was arriving early and departing in the afternoon. They met my needs, and were a great value. I highly recommend them.

• 19th Aug 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider us again in the future, thank you for your comments.

I stayed here with my boyfriend and our favorite aspects of this hostel were its location and its cleanliness. It's super close to the Borough Market, which is an awesome place to hang out at eat. The hostel is also very clean and the staff is friendly, and the breakfast is good! The showers were pretty terrible but otherwise, this is a great hostel and I would go back.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, our showers while small are big enough to wash and get changed in, unfortunately owing to space restrictions in the building we have been unable to make them bigger, we have plans to extend the sizes of our bathrooms, thank you for your comments.

The owner Charles was very courteous & kind. He assisted is in any way he could. We had a six bed room as we are a family of six and it was very secure & private. The bathrooms are a bit cramped but that's not a complaint as all of us managed fine. Borough Market around the corner was amazing, loved the food there. In fact its proximity to all the sights was super. Best Coffee Shop next door, the owner showed us around the school where he has artefacts of history of coffee brewing. All in all we

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will choose us again the next time you come to London, thank you for your comments.

Excellent accommodation. Curtains round beds so not bothered by lights. Excellent range for continental breakfast. Short walk to Globe, railway stations and the river. Good for short stays but no cooking facilities for residents makes it more expensive for longer stays.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, we do say on the website that we do not have any guest kitchen facilities and if your looking for this not to book our hostel, we are hoping to add this facility as soon as possible if space is available, thank you for your comments.