Destinations at The Rose & Crown Reviews

65 Union Street, Borough, London, England

The location is perfect with buses or the metro to take you to anywhere in London you want to go. In a normally quiet area you can sleep in comfy bunks with the windows open but the hostel is always toasty warm. Not many hostel rooms provide a fridge, TV and computer with lockers under each bed. The host Charles and staff are friendly, helpful and always up for a chat. Great brekkie Highly recommended.

• 7th Mar 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we all hope to see you girls again soon, thank you for your comments.

It was my first time traveling alone and Europe and I am so glad that I chose to stay at the Rose and Crown! It had a great atmosphere in the pub and upstairs in the hostel, the showers were hot, the room had a mini fridge!, and most importantly I felt very safe. It was clean and the staff were very friendly. Breakfast in the morning and plugs at every bed were also a plus. I also liked that it was a small hostel. I would definitely choose to stay here again if I were to come back to London.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

I like this place. Very clean, the location is excellent, and staff were friendly and helpful. The beds are some of the most comfortable I've stayed in in a hostel, and I particularly liked the curtains for privacy. There are three Underground stations within a ten minute walk, and the area itself is very good. Pub downstairs, but the noise level was tolerable. The showers are very small, though. Would not recommend to anyone significantly overweight. I will return. Great price for the quality.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon, our showers are a little small but big enough to shower and change, thank you for your comments.

Great hostel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The beds are great and the rooms are cleaned daily. The curtain is great for a bit of privacy and better sleep. The bar is fun to hang out in.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

My stay at the hostel was wonderful, the staff was very welcoming and the room was very comfortable. I'm definitely staying here again the next time I go to London.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Argentina

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels, we are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon, thank you for your comments.

I spent a weekend at the Crown and Rose and I received a great welcoming from the Manager Charles and the barman Josh was a laugh aswell. No complaints from me, I will be returning to stay at this hostel again on my next weekend away to London because the location is prefect and you can walk to 95% of the sights and only really need to take the underground to Oxford Street or Kensington Gardens. Room was big enough, the tea and coffee was a nice touch. The bed was clean and comfy.

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels, we are pleased you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you again one day soon, thank you for your comments.

Nice place. I liked the screens on the beds a lot. It also had the advantage of not being on a main street so it was quiet at night. They did run out of hot water in the shower on my first night, although most likely someone just spent too long in the shower earlier.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us, our hot water is 24 hours but should we have lots of use (ie both showers going for 1 hour straight the hot water takes time to come through), thank you for your comments.

Great place, secure, clean and lively - certainly enjoyed my couple of days in London in quite the central location. Owner had a passive attitude towards me that was not evident with other lodgers however. I would like to think it was nothing personal. Showers get a little colder but generally fine. All in all - Recommend.

• 26th Feb 2015

Thank you for choosing destinations hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, there was nothing personal in my dealings with you, I try to be the same with all our guests no matter who or where they are from, our showers usually have enough hot water, they only get a little colder when they are used for a long time by each guest, thank you for your comments.

The staff were very helpful whenever I needed anything. The bar below is a great landing spot in the afternoon or at the end of the night to relax before turning in. I found the room to be clean and quiet at night. I also got to meet the resident german shepard, which was a treat!

• 21st Feb 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and Mishka is always pleased to meet new people, thank you for your comments.

I loved this hostel! I had a stopover in London for one night and was so happy to have found this place. When I arrived before check in and asked for the baggage storage, the gentleman working (Josh I think) was very helpful and even allowed me to check in early. The location is prime for seeing anything. Maybe a five minute walk to London Bridge station and not even five minutes walk to the Borough Markets, where you can get just about any food you need. Also they have memory foam beds!!

• 19th Feb 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider us again the next time your in London, thank you for your comments.

Had a lovely stay, the bed was very comfortable (memory foam) and I liked the privacy curtain. Breakfast (included in the room price) was included and a good selection of things to choose from. The hostel was very close to London Bridge station, easy to find from the directions on the website. Only downside was I didn't get to meet Mischka the dog, star of many reviews on here!!

• 30th Jan 2015

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again and we will make sure Mishka is here to greet you and to say goodbye when you leave, thank you for your comments.

1 2 3 Next » last »