Destinations at The Rose & Crown Reviews

65 Union Street, Borough, London, England

nice place kind staff good breakfast i really like it !

• 8th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels during your trip to London, are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will choose us again if you come back to London, thank you for your comments.

Centrally located but in a part of town more known for its great markets and pubs than for tourists. The pub on the ground floor is nice and local - low-key - so you sleep well. The beds are great here, with drapes for privacy and good electrical hookups. Nice large secure storage (bring your own lock). Staff is super friendly and very helpful.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider us again if you come back to London, thank you for your comments.

The staff we're the best of any hostel i've been in. They were fun, friendly and easy to talk to.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we were pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

The only thing I would say is MAKE SURE YOU PAY ATTENTION TO ANY POSTINGS OR YOU MAY GET LOCKED OUT!!! I cannot stress this enough. I got locked out because they change their door codes. I did't see them when I left that day and got back at around 1:00 in the morning. I knocked, banged on the door (apparently not loud enough. Make sure you bang loudly if you do get locked out), and couldn't get in. I found another place to stay. Charles was sympathetic the next day. A real stand up guy.

• 31st May 2014

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are sorry you were locked out, we change the door codes on a regular basis for security and we do put up a notice to say that you must go to the reception to get the new codes, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for your comments.

Great stay, thanks. Such a friendly place, clean, well priced and a convenient location to London Bridge and the Globe. Liked the curtains round the beds made such a differnece as not bothered by others light.

• 29th May 2014

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for your comments.

My room itself was clean, but the bed was absolutely filthy. The windows are paper thin and they only way to get circulating air was to leave the window open. Outside was a train, bus stop and walk way that was noisy until about 1am.

• 25th May 2014

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, our bedding is changed after every guest departs and if you felt it was not clean we would have changed it again for you, our beds are wood and are not filthy, they are wiped down weekly, our windows are not double glazed but the noise from the street is not as bad as you have said, we are down a quiet street not a main road and the railway sounds is no more than background noise, and it does not go on until 1am.

As many have said before, great location. Clean and safe. Staff helpful and breakfast in the morning is good. Showers are very small and don't forget to bring your own towel. You can walk to all the major tourist sites very easily. I was traveling by myself and the location and proximity to the trains made this spot perfect. Good value. My only complaint is that it can be a bit noisy if you are jet lagged and looking to turn in early, but it is above a bar...so not unexpected.

• 25th May 2014

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are located on a quiet street so noise is kept to a minimum, any noise from the bar area tends to be for a short time and only on a Friday (our busiest day) and if windows are open the noise will be louder, our showers while not big are OK to shower and get changed in, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for your comments.

Friendly and helpful staff. Free wifi. Breakfast is basic, but ok. Good location. Close to metro, bars, restaurants, Borough market, Tate Modern, ... Matrasses night need a replacement, but beds are clean and the curtains around the bed were really appreciated. If you share a room, you still have some privacy. An extra shower place or sink would have been nice to avoid queing in the morning.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Belgium

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels during your visit to london, our breakfast is a little more than basic, fruit, boiled eggs, bread, bagels, 14 different spreads, cereals,porrage, juice,coffee/tea and our mattresses are memory foam and were renewed not more than 6 months ago, we have 2 showers on site and if you have to wait it is not for a long time, thank you for your comments.

Friendly manager, and very safe: 3 sets of locked doors to get through to get into the room. Breakfast was also good (though the coffee wasn't great), and the location was perfect (very close to a London bike rental stand)

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, our coffee is made fresh every morning from ground coffee beans, thank you for your comments.

Pretty near to london tube and train station. Friendly staff who took me to my dorm and showed me around! Clean bed with curtain for privacy. Clean shower rooms and toilets. Was noisy till before midnight, room was above the pub but it was quiet after that.

• 17th May 2014
  • Malaysia

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your trip to London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, the night you stayed was a busy night for ongoing bridge repairs nearby, they have now finished and all is quiet once again, thank you for your comments.

The staff was very friendly, the place was clean and everything in London is easy to get to from there. I plan to stay there when I visit London again.

• 16th May 2014

Thank you for choosing Destinations hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

Nice Hostel near to the Underground. Good price and friendly staff. Beds are comfortable. We had a nice time in it.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider us again when you return to London, thank you for your comments.

I was only there for one night and I was very pleased with my stayed there, will definitely come back next time I'm in London.

• 7th May 2014
  • Mexico

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and glad to hear you would consider us again the next time your in London, thank you for your comments.

The only issue I had with my stay was the noise outside of the hostel. I know this isn't the hostels fault, but it was difficult to get a decent nights sleep as there were builders outside the window and trucks beeping into the early hours of the morning and then starting again in the early hours.

• 6th May 2014
  • South Africa

Such a good place very kind peoples , recommend it .

• 3rd May 2014

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your stay in London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will choose us again should you come to London, thank you for your comments.

they don have kitcken and a place to cook, but olso dont make food in the pub, so is laike a hotel, that you have to eat outside.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, on hostelworld we say we DO NOT have a kitchen or common room, had you actually read the hostel description you would have known this before booking, to mark us down for this is unfair, thank you for your comments.

the stairs in the shower were ready to break at any given moment. The shower was very small, anyone with a few extra pounds on them is going to really struggle to clean themselves. I liked the big closet in our room and it was nice that breakfast was included. it was a pretty simple breakfast but nice that it didn't cost additional. The room was rather pricey though and there was no common areas rather than the actual pub downstairs.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, our showers while not the biggest are big enough to wash and get dressed afterwards, the step in the shower has now been repaired, we are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, thank you for your comments.

Great area and nice staff, it was a good stay!

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will choose us again the next time you visit London, thank you for your comments.

I have only excellent things to say about The Rose and Crown. The owner, Charles, was extremely friendly, helpful, and charming. The complimentary breakfast selection was excellent, and there was always a friendly face to greet you and offer advice. The facilities are very up to date and the upkeep on them is excellent. I stayed in both the single room and the 4 bed mixed dorm, and both were in excellent condition with large windows. Would recommend 100% and would stay again in a heartbeat.

• 23rd Apr 2014

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again very soon, thank you for your comments.

we had no warm wather at one shower. bedooms are in good condition. price was pretty high for this location..

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are sorry to hear that you consider us expensive for what we offer, I am sure you will think differently after staying at other hostels, our shower had a problem but has now been repaired, sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us, thank you for your comments.