Destinations at The Rose & Crown Reviews

65 Union Street, Borough, London, England

Great place to stay! The comfy beds were very appreciated at the end of a long trip.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

quite central, nice staff, good breakfast, a third shower would be nice. BUT the last night they over-booked my bed and when I came home I hadn't a bed, because the hostel was full. In the end it wasn't really a big problem, because they had a private room, where I could sleep. But it was really annoying!! I wasted a lot of time. Because first I changed room, but then someone else came… I don’t know whose fault it was, but that shouldn’t happen! But still a good hostel choice in London!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your stay in London, we are sorry about moving you to another room, there was a mix up on the booking system and it double booked the bed, but you were given a private room at the same price, we hope it did not detract from your enjoyment of staying with us, thank you for your comments.

This hostel was very lovely to stay at especially as I was travelling alone. It was a 3 block walk to London Bridge tube station which could get you anywhere in London. The staff are lovely and are always up for a chat and some advice about where to travel in the city. The beds were the most comfortable I have slept in a long time. I would recommend this to anyone who asks for accommodation in London. Thanks for the great time Charles and Clare!

• 4th Aug 2013

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will consider us again next time your in London, thank you for your comments.

I was pleasantly surprised to find tea and coffee making facilities and a computer in the shared bunkroom. And OK, you're still sleeping in a room with 5 other people, but a decent mattress, curtain across my bunk and personal light gave a sense of comfort and almost privacy. Appreciated the fan on such a hot night as well. Boiled eggs and fruit available for breakfast alongside the usual cereals and pastry was also appreciated.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your stay in London, we are happy to hear you liked our hostels and it's facilities, we do try to make our guests feel at home during their stay with us, thank you for your comments.

This was by far my favorite hostel this vacation!! I stayed in 2 others in London that don't even compare!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your stay in London, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, we hope that you will consider us in the future, thank you for your comments.

Location is close to everything. But 6 bed dorm I stayed in was not very clean. Some hairs on my bed.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we change the bedding after every guest departs, so there is freshly washed bedding on each bed, we clean every room and all toilets and showers daily, our cleanliness is beyond reproach, but we are always looking to improve it, thank you for your comments.

I wanna say thank you for the whole stay, I was a bit afraid to stay in hostel why I am studying for my exams but It was amazing

• 14th Jul 2013
  • Czech Republic

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

Charles was great! Great value for the money. The shower stalls were a little small, and the room got VERY hot at night, but the beds and bunks were very nice; curtains, private reading lights and electrical outlets. He even had a BBQ one night with free food and beer! Great location short walk from the tube and London Bridge. Be sure to check out the Borough Market right down the street.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London. we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider us again should you visit London again, we do have fans in each room and the showers are bigger in size than most hostels in London,thank you for your comments.

Owner was very friendly and available. I felt comfortable there.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London. we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider us again should you visit London again, thank you for your comments.

They often didn't unplug the toilets, and there was something wrong with the shower because the water didn't go down.

• 7th Jul 2013
  • South Korea

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, one of our toilets was not flushing properly, we needed a new part for it, it has now been repaired, our showers do drain away but sometimes more slowly than other times, especially when both showers are being used, we are sorry that these issues spoiled your stay with us, thank you for your comments.

Fanatastic hostel in the best part of London - Southwark. Shops, restaurants, pubs, it's all here and at cheaper prices than the City, West End etc. So close to London Bridge for trains, underground and buses.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you will consider us again next time you are in London, thank you for your comments.

Great location, very close to the boroughs market, easy access to transport. I found staff, Taylor, very welcoming! Helped me with my luggage, very good for having a friendly chat and gave me the best last minute suggestion in getting my souvenir, a Paddington Bear! Overall worth the stay :)

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, the management and staff are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider us again should you visit London again, thank you for your comments.

Although I absolutely love the owner and his dog along with the hospitable breakfast and morning atmosphere but I am picky about the bathrooms. They looked like the window sills hadn't been cleaned in a while based on how much mildew/mold has accumulated with poor ventilation in the bathroom. Also, be forewarned that if you're showering in the morning the hot water runs out early so you may be stuck with a cold shower. I took one every night and there was plenty of hot water though.

• 3rd Jul 2013

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, but let me explain what happened with the hot water, someone turned down our water thermostat and this was the cause of the shortage of hot water the one morning you took a cold shower, the mold/mildew on the window sill has now been dealt with and will not return, we have now let our previous cleaner go because of her lack of detail in her cleaning, so will be better next time.

The staff at this hostel were great. Very friendly, very excited about being there and very helpful.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your stay in London, we are very happy to hear that your stay with us was to your liking, we do strive to make our guests fell right at home here, thank you for your comments.

good bed, the staff clean hostel everyday. breakfast is also good. the woman staff is really kind. only bad thing is shower room. shower room plugged many times. so i feared every time when i use shower , worring about water comes out. and in the morning, people use shower a lot so you have to wait 15min to get hot watter after people came out.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we have had some problems with the water draining away from the showers, but this has been addressed, we clean out the drains every couple of days to make sure they drain better, hot water comes through to the showers in less than 2 minutes, thank you for your comments

clean room, kind staff, good location I like this hostel

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you will consider us again next time you are in London, thank you for your comments.

The beds and mattresses are brilliant, the coffee in the pub downstairs is free and very good, but only two loos and two showers for the entire hostel aren't great. Bit cramped. Alright for 30 quid a night I guess...it's central London, after all.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, most hostels in London have less toilets and showers per head than we do, we have purposely not over crowded the hostel to give our guests a better experience with us, we hope you will consider us should you visit London again, thank you for your comments.

It's quite and clean. The curtains around each bed are a great way to find some privacy.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your stay in London, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again, thank you for your comments.

Enjoyed our stay at this hostel, Charlie and his dog Mishka are great owners. Would definitely stay here again. Rooms are quite cute also and kept clean.

Decent location, kind hospitality, standard facilities (two shared bathrooms, bunk beds). The soft mattresses and curtains on the beds were a nice touch. Breakfast (free) was pretty good too. I would recommend this place to traveling college/university students who are looking for a good value.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are so happy you enjoyed staying with us and liked our hostel and facilities, we hope to see you again soon, thank you for your recommendation and comments.