Destinations at The Rose & Crown Reviews

65 Union Street, Borough, London, England

too noisy in the night

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us, the noise outside the hostel on the night you stayed was from a group of people leaving a party nearby and it did not last long, we are situated on a side street with little noise and traffic, thank you for your comments.

A well thought out and designed hostel - we enjoyed our stay!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and you appreciate all the efforts we have made to make our hostel user friendly, thank you for your comments.

Breakfast is more than good for a hostel! Only downside I can think of is that it is hard to change clothes because the bathrooms are so tiny.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, our toilets are not really for changing in but we have a shower unit more than big enough to change in, thank you for your comments.

Staff and owner make the Rose & Crown a special place. The combination of pub/hostel I found particularly appealing. The location is brilliant for those with a preference for the City. But due to the proximity to London Bridge Train/ Tube Station and buses all other neighbourhoods are also easily reachable. The dorm furnishing is elaborate. Bathrooms may be small, but have an hair-dryer available. Take along the key with you (£ 20 deposit) in case you come back late. I'll be staying here again!

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again very soon, thank you for your comments.

Having curtains, reading light and power outlet on each dorm bed is just awesome. Good breakfast (for a hostel, of course).

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your stay in London, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you stay with us again soon, thank you for your comments.

I was pleasantly surprised. Pros: It's a five-minute walk from two Tube stations, breakfast is included (+eggs and fruit), rooms are clean, beds are comfortable (privacy curtains and electric outlet in each), wifi works great. Cons: the bathrooms are about ready for an upgrade, and the carpet is a tad grungy. I'd really prefer another system for coming back late -- I had to race back one night when I was out later than I planned so I wouldn't get locked out. Nonetheless, highly recommend.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, we do offer free of charge the key so you can return when ever you choose, thank you for your comments.

The staff was great! Friendly and helpful. Awesome atmosphere as well.

• 28th Nov 2013

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again, thank you for your comments.

I had a fantastic stay at the Rose and Crown. I booked it originally because the reviews all said how comfortable the beds are (which they are!) but I was so impressed with how lovely the staff were, everything was well taken care of and clean, and the location is great. I'll be back for sure!

• 28th Nov 2013

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will be back soon, thank you for your comments.

This is the best hostel I have stayed in in London. Great location. Excellent facilities and lovely people

• 25th Nov 2013

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will stay with us again next time your visiting London, thank you for your comments.

great value, breakfas is included in the rate!

• 21st Nov 2013
  • Croatia

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

Very well located hostel, just minutes away from London bridge underground station and nearby to all touristy locations. Very clean hostel and I especially liked the mini curtains on each bed to ensure privacy and comfortable beds too. Would return to this hostel the next time I am in London.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will tell your friends about us, thank you for your comments.

We enjoyed our stay, were in a four person room but fortunately we were the only two. Beds were comfortable and privacy curtains convenient. We were very pleasantly surprised to have both a TV and a computer in our room free to use. Breakfast was great and bathrooms clean. Has been the best hostel all round that we have been to.

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels during your stay in London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and hope you will consider us the next time your in London for somewhere to stay, thank you for your comments.

great place .friendly staff, comfy beds, i will be staying here every time i visit this amazing city.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider us again and tell your friends about us, thank you for your comments.

Great Location (near London Bridge, Great Staff, Nice Bar downstairs. Only missed thing was that they weren't allowed to serve Beer before 11am. And the Breakfast was a without sausages and cheese which i really missed :( but altogether we recommend this hostel ( it was f*cking awesome ) Cheers, the cool austrian Guys ;-)

• 14th Nov 2013
  • Austria

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, we are looking into providing sausage and cheese for breakfast in the future, we hope you will consider us the next time your in London, thank you for your comments.

Rose & Crown has unusual yet entertaining character. The assistant manager, Clare, is especially attentive and makes both the hostel and the bar operate smoothly. The location is only two blocks from the subway and offers very comfortable beds with plenty of space in between. Simple improvements could be made by replacing the hallway carpet, and by pushing the beds further toward the back wall to reclaim the giant void that they currently leave.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, we do clean and change our carpets annually and all the space available is utilised as best as possible, thank you for your comments.

I loved my stay here. Lovely welcoming staff. I had a single room with tea/coffee facilities and a fridge. A home away from home with a big tv and computer included. Great breakfast in the morning. Thanks for everything was a great place to end my trip at and relax a bit.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your stay in London, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we gave your visit to Europe such a great ending, thank you foe your comments.

Friendly and helpful staff. Very comfortable beds (with curtains around each) in nice rooms with hardwood floors, TVs, computers, coffee/tea. Bathrooms small but adequate and clean. Hallway carpets need to be replaced. No common area; pub downstairs is nice but not . Located

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are glad you liked our hostel, we do replace and clean our hallway carpets annually, we do not advertise we have a common room that is why we put all the facilities in each room, thank you for your comments.

I had a great time at this Hostel. It was my first time in London, so it was a bit nerve-wracking, but the staff we extremely helpful and just lovely! I don't know if I would recommend this Hostel to someone travelling alone, who was looking for a social environment, because there wasn't much of that. There is the pub, but there isn't a common room or anything, (but that's in the description.) Other than that, great place to stay when seeing London! I'd definitely go back! Thanks a lot guys! :)

• 7th Nov 2013
  • jenniel21

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are happy to hear you liked our hostel, but it is safe and there are plenty of other guests to meet either in your dorm or in the bar downstairs, we have a very good social environment in the hostel, thank you for your comments.

I really enjoyed the breakfast!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider us again next time you return to London, thank you for your comments.

Comfy beds, great facilities in rooms, friendly staff and breakfast was decent. Being above a little pub made it difficult to meet other travellers as they didn't hang out there. Also families staying who don't socialise with backpackers.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, unfortunately we have no control over how sociable our guests are, there are plenty of opportunities to meet the other guests in our pub downstairs and i sure you would meet the same in any other hostel, thank you for your comments.