Destinations at The Rose & Crown Reviews

65 Union Street, Borough, London, England

The reception closes at midnight and if you forget to ask for a key, you stay locked out, and that's what happened to me. Fortunately, after making noise, someone came to open the door. But I think there should be a door code or the reception should give a key to everyone, because we never know if we're going to be back before or after midnight. Otherwise, I can say that the staff was nice and helpful.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we offer a key at a fully refundable deposit to enter the hostel at what ever time you want, we do say upon arrival about the midnight closing of reception and the opportunity to take a key at no cost but a deposit is taken, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

The staff was very friendly and the beds were extremely comfortable, although the ones on the bottom bunk were a bit cramped. However, the curtains were very nice for privacy. Everything was pretty clean except the bathrooms always smelled a little gross but I'm not sure if that can be helped. The hostel wasn't too far from a lot of sights but it was sometimes scary walking back through that area late at night. The pub downstairs had a good atmosphere.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, our bathrooms are cleaned every day and air fresheners are in the toilets, but as you say they are shared facilities, the area were the hostel is very safe and well lite, there has never been an incidents, but we will always warn our guests should any arise, we hope that you will consider us should you come back to London, thank you for your comments.

This was my first Hostel experience and I couldn't have been happier. The staff was amazingly friendly and helpful. The owner even walked us into town and showed us how to get where we were going! The tube is a block away making it very easy to get anywhere in the city. I will deffinitely use this hostel again!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us, we hope that we will see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

Liked Charles and his friendly style and willingness to help me plan how best to spend my time in London.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, unfortunately we did not have a private room for you and I know you are not a fan of sharing a dorm, but we hope you will consider us again when in London, we are going to add a private room very soon, thank you for your comments.

I cannot recommend this hostel enough. The staff was friendly and helpful, the place was clean and cozy, the only problem I faced the entire time was loud roommates one night, but in no way was that the hostel's fault. This is NOT the place to make new friends and share travel experiences, so don't expect a common room with a kitchen; rather, it is a safe, inexpensive hostel to stay for a few nights. I've stayed in several hostels so far and this one was my favorite.

• 24th Jun 2013

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to apologize about the rowdy guests in your room, we hope that we will see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

In fact, my stay was very pleasant. This seems an ideal choice when looking for low-budget accomodation. The location is in a quite corner of central London. The pub itself is a little chabby, breakfast is simple. But the upper floor with the dormatories is in a better state with basically all facilities (internet, showers, travel guides, TV, lockers in the form of drawers under the beds) and makes a clean impression.

• 22nd Jun 2013

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, our bar downstairs is a little better than chabby, we actually spent more money on the refurbishment to the bar than we spent upstairs in the hostel, every thing is new in the bar, we hope our chabby bar will not put you off staying with us again, thank you for your comments.

I've stayed at quite a few hostels in London

I had an awesome time here. Charles and his dog really added a bunch of character to the pub downstairs. The absolute best thing about this place was the actual beds. They were built very tough and had curtains, power points, a reading light, and a locker below for valuables. I have never in all my travels seen better, more comfortable beds.

Great breakfast and location. The beds are super comfy and private. The doors all use these annoying door codes though, no keys.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, we use number locks because we found that when we had keys the guests would loose them or break them in the lock so we changed to number locks, we change our codes frequently too, thank you for your comments.

Very good location , but room is small and bed is even smaller.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, our rooms have purposely been made bigger by putting less beds into them so not to over crowd them, you will find this out when you stay at other hostels, our beds are 3ft wide and 6ft long(industry standard) so you will again have trouble finding a double bed for a single bed size, thank you for your comments.

Great location, close to london bridge / borough underground station, borough market, tate modern etc. The beds and rooms were super comfortable and clean. Charles and everyone working at the rose & crown was so so friendly and helpful with directions and helping us around the city, they made our stay in London amazing! Thanks for a great experience!

• 14th Jun 2013

Very special experience!

• 14th Jun 2013
  • Taiwan

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, it is great reward for our efforts, my staff and I would like to thank you for your kind words, thank you for your comments.

Very good location close to the tube, Borough market & walking distance to London tower & the bridges. The beds are nice and comfortable as well.

Charles, the owner, was very welcoming and fun to talk with over breakfast. He offered good suggestions for things to do and his dog, Mishka, was great. The hostel is an easy walk to the underground and right by a daily farmer's market. The breakfast spread was good and the beds were very comfy. The curtains on the beds were a nice touch and it was really nice having a computer/Tv. The only downside is the small bathrooms -- only two toilets for all the guests. But we would stay there again :)

The rooms were fantastic! They had a big screen TV, computer, fridge, coffee and water. It felt very private with the curtains around the beds. The beds were by far the most comfortable we found durning our three week tour of Europe (including hotel beds). The owner was so nice and helpful with giving us directions.

• 7th Jun 2013

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, on behalf of the staff and management we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

I think the hostel is good overall. Near the Borough Market and the tube. Very friendly staff and nice pub below. It has free wifi which is also very cenvenient. If something the shower and toilet are quite small but you normally don´t spend much time on them. Te rooms are well equiped and the mattress is great as already stated.

• 4th Jun 2013
  • Spain

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, our showers are the standard size but we hope that this did not detract from your enjoyment of our facilities, thank you for your comments.

This was my first time staying in a hostel and it was very good! Our room was clean and the lock chests were a good size. They had free wifi which was great! Especially since you have to pay for it most other places in the city. The showers were a bit small but that seems normal in Europe. Over all we enjoyed our stay. My only word of caution would be to consider booking a private room if you are traveling as a couple. We decided to save money and now we wish we had had the privacy.

• 4th Jun 2013

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, we are adding a private room to our hostel and it should be ready to use after 23rd June, we hope you will consider us again if you retirn to London, thank you for your comments.

The gentleman who checked us in, the bar owner is extremely nice. He toured the hostel with us and told us how to get around London. Really good find!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we here at the hostel are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will think of us should you return to London in the future, thank you for your comments.

Rooms were fantastic. Clean and comfortable

• 31st May 2013

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, on behalf of the staff and management we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

The hostel is adorable and well-located, the rooms are comfortable, and the owner is extremely helpful and friendly. Plus, his dog Mishka is awesome.

Thank you for choosing Destinations hostels during your visit to London, we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again very soon, thank you for your comments.