Destinations at The Rose & Crown Reviews

65 Union Street, Borough, London, England

I stayed at the Rose & Crown Hostel for 2 day and i really can recommend it. It´s a very good Hostel :) Greetings from Austria

• 11th Mar 2014
  • Austria

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your trip to London, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will recommend us to your friends and family, thank you for your comments.

The owner was so funny and really nice to answer all our questions.

• 7th Mar 2014

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that I managed to brighten your stay, we hope to see you again one day soon, thank you for your comments.

The Rose and Crown is actually a pub that doubles as a hostel. Worry not of you're not into nightlife; there was a live concert down on the pub floor while I was there yet so little sound managed to reached the bedroom. Their rooms are extraordinary. It's vast, clean, and private. In your bed you get your own electrical socket, lamp, and curtain. A fridge and locker are at your disposal. Staffs were very friendly and keen to help. Couldn't recommend this place more!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated what we are trying to do here, thank you for your comments.

This hostel is generally a nice place to stay in terms of its quiet environment, its proximity to city centre and cleanliness in the room. What can be improved is the shower facility as it is too small. The mattress is also soft that I could not sleep very well. But given the price level, the quality is still worth the money.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, our showers are different sizes, one is slightly smaller than the other but still big enough to shower and change, we use memory foam mattresses but upon request we can supply a harder mattress as per your request, thank you for your comments.

great place to stay, good value for money,very friendly staff,

• 4th Mar 2014

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your stay in London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will choose us again, thank you for your comments.

Stayed in the Single Room with shared bathroom. Was perfect - had my own fridge, tv, coffee

• 2nd Mar 2014

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will choose us again next time you visit London, thank you for your comments.

Not the cheapest hostel in London, but not far from average (regrettably). I might be concerned about the security being comination locks, but the place didn't seem particularly unsafe. Everything else was really very nice. The rooms are small but WELL equipped, very comfy beds, sockets, lights, TV, computer (even headset/mic) and a mini fridge!!! The showers were super small, but always hot, so not a bid deal. My favorite staff member was local resident german shepherd!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we change the lock combinations weekly and never give the codes to anyone who is not staying in the hostel, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider us again next time you visit London, thank you for your comments.

Good hostel, great bar underneath but not in the greatest area.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and the atmosphere in our bar downstairs, the area where we are situated is 100% safe and has not had any issues in the time that the hostel has been operated, it is a quiet haven in a busy city, thank you for your comments.

Comfortable bed, generous breakfast, super fast WiFi, proper-sized towel hire for a pound, lots of little extras, nice dog.

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again very soon, thank you for your comments.

it is really great place. and idea with curtains is just perfect. in a room with 6 people is possible to feel like in a private one.

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels during your stay in London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider us again the next time your in town, thank you for your comments.

This place is the perfect blend between a hostel and hotel. Hot showers, great wifi, comfortable beds each with a private curtain, lamp and outlet, and it has an amazing continental breakfast! The staff is so friendly they go the extra mile to ensure you're happy. It was my first 'solo' trip ever and I felt as if I were at home! They were so helpful with giving me tips and even gave me a bit of a 'personal tour' while indicating my way to the London Eye! My trip was amazing thanks to Rose&Crown!

• 8th Feb 2014

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again, thank you for your comments.

This hostel is fab. We stayed here after a 26 hour flight and just wanted somewhere central we could crash. This place was perfect, with each bed having a privacy curtain, light and plug socket we could hide away, sleeping off our jet-lag. We stayed a 6 bed with, TV, fridge, kettle, milk, tea and coffee which is great as there is no kitchen or communal area. But rooms were large enough to hang out in or you had the whole of the pub down stairs. Breakfast was great and had a good selection.

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels during your stay in London, we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider us again next time your in town, thank you for your comments.

I stayed in the private room and it was amazing! TV with a lot of channels, computer, tea and coffe facilities, comfortable bed. The bathroom was a bit small, but nothing that will keep me from coming back! The staff was very nice too.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

too noisy in the night

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us, the noise outside the hostel on the night you stayed was from a group of people leaving a party nearby and it did not last long, we are situated on a side street with little noise and traffic, thank you for your comments.

A well thought out and designed hostel - we enjoyed our stay!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and you appreciate all the efforts we have made to make our hostel user friendly, thank you for your comments.

Breakfast is more than good for a hostel! Only downside I can think of is that it is hard to change clothes because the bathrooms are so tiny.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, our toilets are not really for changing in but we have a shower unit more than big enough to change in, thank you for your comments.

Staff and owner make the Rose & Crown a special place. The combination of pub/hostel I found particularly appealing. The location is brilliant for those with a preference for the City. But due to the proximity to London Bridge Train/ Tube Station and buses all other neighbourhoods are also easily reachable. The dorm furnishing is elaborate. Bathrooms may be small, but have an hair-dryer available. Take along the key with you (£ 20 deposit) in case you come back late. I'll be staying here again!

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again very soon, thank you for your comments.

Having curtains, reading light and power outlet on each dorm bed is just awesome. Good breakfast (for a hostel, of course).

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your stay in London, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you stay with us again soon, thank you for your comments.

I was pleasantly surprised. Pros: It's a five-minute walk from two Tube stations, breakfast is included (+eggs and fruit), rooms are clean, beds are comfortable (privacy curtains and electric outlet in each), wifi works great. Cons: the bathrooms are about ready for an upgrade, and the carpet is a tad grungy. I'd really prefer another system for coming back late -- I had to race back one night when I was out later than I planned so I wouldn't get locked out. Nonetheless, highly recommend.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, we do offer free of charge the key so you can return when ever you choose, thank you for your comments.

The staff was great! Friendly and helpful. Awesome atmosphere as well.

• 28th Nov 2013

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again, thank you for your comments.