Destinations at The Rose & Crown Reviews

65 Union Street, Borough, London, England

Friendly manager, and very safe: 3 sets of locked doors to get through to get into the room. Breakfast was also good (though the coffee wasn't great), and the location was perfect (very close to a London bike rental stand)

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, our coffee is made fresh every morning from ground coffee beans, thank you for your comments.

Pretty near to london tube and train station. Friendly staff who took me to my dorm and showed me around! Clean bed with curtain for privacy. Clean shower rooms and toilets. Was noisy till before midnight, room was above the pub but it was quiet after that.

• 17th May 2014
  • Malaysia

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your trip to London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, the night you stayed was a busy night for ongoing bridge repairs nearby, they have now finished and all is quiet once again, thank you for your comments.

The staff was very friendly, the place was clean and everything in London is easy to get to from there. I plan to stay there when I visit London again.

• 16th May 2014

Thank you for choosing Destinations hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

Nice Hostel near to the Underground. Good price and friendly staff. Beds are comfortable. We had a nice time in it.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider us again when you return to London, thank you for your comments.

I was only there for one night and I was very pleased with my stayed there, will definitely come back next time I'm in London.

• 7th May 2014
  • Mexico

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and glad to hear you would consider us again the next time your in London, thank you for your comments.

The only issue I had with my stay was the noise outside of the hostel. I know this isn't the hostels fault, but it was difficult to get a decent nights sleep as there were builders outside the window and trucks beeping into the early hours of the morning and then starting again in the early hours.

• 6th May 2014
  • South Africa

Such a good place very kind peoples , recommend it .

• 3rd May 2014

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your stay in London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will choose us again should you come to London, thank you for your comments.

they don have kitcken and a place to cook, but olso dont make food in the pub, so is laike a hotel, that you have to eat outside.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, on hostelworld we say we DO NOT have a kitchen or common room, had you actually read the hostel description you would have known this before booking, to mark us down for this is unfair, thank you for your comments.

the stairs in the shower were ready to break at any given moment. The shower was very small, anyone with a few extra pounds on them is going to really struggle to clean themselves. I liked the big closet in our room and it was nice that breakfast was included. it was a pretty simple breakfast but nice that it didn't cost additional. The room was rather pricey though and there was no common areas rather than the actual pub downstairs.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, our showers while not the biggest are big enough to wash and get dressed afterwards, the step in the shower has now been repaired, we are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, thank you for your comments.

Great area and nice staff, it was a good stay!

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will choose us again the next time you visit London, thank you for your comments.

I have only excellent things to say about The Rose and Crown. The owner, Charles, was extremely friendly, helpful, and charming. The complimentary breakfast selection was excellent, and there was always a friendly face to greet you and offer advice. The facilities are very up to date and the upkeep on them is excellent. I stayed in both the single room and the 4 bed mixed dorm, and both were in excellent condition with large windows. Would recommend 100% and would stay again in a heartbeat.

• 23rd Apr 2014

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again very soon, thank you for your comments.

we had no warm wather at one shower. bedooms are in good condition. price was pretty high for this location..

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are sorry to hear that you consider us expensive for what we offer, I am sure you will think differently after staying at other hostels, our shower had a problem but has now been repaired, sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us, thank you for your comments.

Great Location with friendly staff!

• 19th Apr 2014
  • China

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your trip to London, we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider us again should you come to London again, thank you for your comments.

Very friendly and open staff! Had a blast!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will choose us again next time your in town, thank you for your comments.

The hostel is fine and location is great. Walking distance to the market and tube station. Staff are great and helpful. There are only two bathroom. Sometime it is locked for no reason even nobody is in there. My last two night I had to wait at least 30 mins just to get into the shower. There is no common area but you can also hangout at the pub downstairs.

Thank you for choosing destinations hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us but unfortunately one shower broke Saturday night and it was not until 11am Sunday morning we could repair it, we are sorry you had to wait so long for a shower, thank you for your comments.

The Rose & Crown Hostel is above the Rose & Crown Bar. It is a little confusing at first because you walk into a bar with all your luggage expecting a hostel. However after you get checked in, you realize that it is quite a nice set-up. Rooms are great, each bunk with it's own power outlet and curtain (which is an excellent idea!). Nice breakfast is included and the owner (and cute German Shepard) are friendly. Will stay here again if ever in London.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

The shower was broken and I couldn't get the hot water to work. But I loved the curtain around the bed giving you privacy.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your trip to London, the broken shower was replaced as soon as it was reported and the hot water controls are sometimes confusing but our showers do always have hot water, we are sorry if any of these problems ruined your stay with us, thank you for your comments.

Very nice small hostel. Security goes a little to far, i don't want a camera in the dorm. Dispite that it was great!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, our guests safety is important but the camera's in the rooms have been deactivated for some time just not taken down yet, they will be gone soon, thank you for your comments.

Shower was clogged, however, the facilities are very clean. The staff are very friendly and accommodating.

• 26th Mar 2014

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be asking our cleaning staff to check the shower drains more frequently, thank you for your comments.

It was a very nice hostel-stay, the staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean with fresh water and coffee for self-made. If we're going again to London we'll definitely choose this hostel again. Only the breakfast was , in my opinion,poor since there were only sweet things to take but no ham or cheese so I would definitely reccomend to change that. The bar has also a variety of beers to offer and it's very nice and friendly.

• 13th Mar 2014
  • Croatia

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we will look into introducing the ham and cheese to our breakfast offering, thank you for your comments.