Destinations at The Rose & Crown Reviews

65 Union Street, Borough, London, England

We stayed in TRAFALGAR SQUARE Room for 4 nights! Bed was quite cosy and comfortable. TV, PC and fridge in. The location is perfect cause there's an UNDERGROUND station 5 minutes by walk then u can be at the center in another 5 minutes. Bathroom maybe a bit mess cause of people is not quite clean..They don't care about who is comming later.. Quiet even the pub downstairs! They also give you discount in what you order from the Restaurant! We love it and for sure will be back! Mercè and Patricia

• 8th Oct 2013
  • Spain

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, we do try to keep the toilets and showers as clean as possible, they are cleaned every day but when several people use them in the evening we cannot clean up after every one, we do ask our guests to consider the other guests, thank you for your comments.,

Absolutely wonderful place. Did a 2 week travel and this hostel was one of the best. Sharing a room really isn't a big deal because each bunk has a curtain with a really comfortable mattress. My only issue was the loudness from the pub downstairs but I just shut the window and it was fine. Staff was sooooo nice and very helpful with maps and recommendations. Great location, near London bridge and the tube station. I walked everywhere. I would definitely stay here again. Free breakfast too!!!

• 4th Oct 2013

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will come back soon, thank you for your comments.

If u are sensibility to sleep deeply, this hostel is a little noisy beween room n room. But, if u don't mind, the step is very kind and u can keep it ur sruff to individual locker in ur room. I was happy to stay here.

My home for the week and I was a little sad to leave! From the start the staff were amazing and really helpful! The mattresses were AMAZING and I realIy felt like I had privacy. Breakfast again, was more than I was expecting with crossaints and muffins available making a great take away breakfast for those of us with early starts. Mishka is the most lovely pub dog also! Perfect place for someone who likes hostel life, but with some comforts and quiet! Highly recommend!!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your stay in London, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider us for any future visit's to London, thank you for your comments.

They were the most comfortable beds on our whole three week trip(and we stayed in some nice hotels)! There IS a curfew! The paper they give you when you check in says reception closes at midnight- that means the hostel closes. We got locked out one night because that wasn't clear to us. But then we found out they can loan you a key if you want to stay out later. Check out the borough market just a 3 min walk from the hostel! We would stay there again.

• 24th Sep 2013

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, we are sorry that the reception closing time was mot explained to you better at your check in and we will do better with our training to rectify this for future check in's, we hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

Host was very friendly and helpful, offered lots of great advice.

• 13th Sep 2013

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased to hear that you liked our offering and our staff helped you out, we hope you will consider us again nexxt time your in London, thank you for your comments.

I still love this hostel. The bunks are comfy and curtained with individual lamps. The atmosphere is welcoming and the staff are friendly and fun. The bathroom facilities are a bit odd - two tiny unisex shower stalls and the hand-washing / teeth-cleaning sinks aren't private (door open to corridor). I love that they provide boiled eggs and fruit for breakfast but sadly on this occasion the packaged pastry was stale, the lone remaining piece of fruit was bruised and the egg was overcooked.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are happy you mostly enjoyed your stay with us, our breakfast is comparable with or better than most hostels, our croissants are individually prepacked but need to be heated in toaster, we have to make sure our eggs are hard boiled for food health reasons and our fruit comes in from a local supplier, some might be bruised and we do try to weed it out before serving, thank you for your comments.

Amazing and clean facilities in a good location, Friendly staff and a good pub down stairs. Can't go wrong with the rose and crown!

Thank you for choosing Destinations hostels during your visit to London, it was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

Would really recomend this place; the beds were very comfortable with curtains that assured privacy. There were no problem at all to sleep well in a 6 bed dormitory. The location was nice with only a short walk from underground station and the beautiful london bridge. And most importantly; the staff was excellent, very friendly and helpful! //Felicia and Caroline

• 27th Aug 2013
  • Sweden

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you will consider us next time you need accommodation in London and will tell your friends and family about us to, thank you for your comments.

Great place to stay! Close to the tube, the staff are very helpful and gave lots of help about good running routes, things to do and places to see. Would definitely stay here again.

• 27th Aug 2013

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your stay in London, we are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again, thank you for your comments.

Wonderful hostel, staff are lovely! Breakfast was fantastic, loved the curtains across beds and power socket for each bed is brilliant! My only dissappointment was having to be back by midnight to finish checking in and sometimes takes a while to get somewhere in London especially when the tube we needed was closed. But not hostels fault. Would defs recommend hostel to others!

Thank you for choosing destinations Hostels during your visit to london, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, we do advertise that our reception closes at midnight, but you can check in earlier but cannot enter the room before 2pm and keys are available to enter the hostel after 12 midnight, thank you for your comments.

This hostel is situated right above a pub, yet it was never too loud at night. The bunks were clean and had curtains for privacy. The staff was very friendly and personable. It is situated a short walk from everything. The only drawback is there wasn't a lot of facilites such as washing machines and such. Great way to experience London though, a pint is always right below your feet!

They should have sound proof windows and more security and organization where they hold luggages before check-in and after check-out (they could identify each luggage and check when people take them out.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, our hostel is on a quiet street in London bridge and any noise there is kept to a minimum because of our sound proofing on the windows, but if the window is open it will be louder in the room, as for our luggage room, no one is allowed to go there without a member of staff being present, they are not left alone in the luggage room either, guests have to identify their luggage before they are allowed to leave with it.

I enjoyed staying there but there are only 2 shower boothes and too small .

• 9th Aug 2013
  • South Korea

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we do have 2 shower cubicles but for only 20 guests, a 10-1 ratio is one of the lowest of any hostel in London and we made each cubicle big enough to change in privately, we hope it did not detract from your enjoyment during your stay with us, thank you for your comments.

Great place to stay! The comfy beds were very appreciated at the end of a long trip.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

quite central, nice staff, good breakfast, a third shower would be nice. BUT the last night they over-booked my bed and when I came home I hadn't a bed, because the hostel was full. In the end it wasn't really a big problem, because they had a private room, where I could sleep. But it was really annoying!! I wasted a lot of time. Because first I changed room, but then someone else came… I don’t know whose fault it was, but that shouldn’t happen! But still a good hostel choice in London!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your stay in London, we are sorry about moving you to another room, there was a mix up on the booking system and it double booked the bed, but you were given a private room at the same price, we hope it did not detract from your enjoyment of staying with us, thank you for your comments.

This hostel was very lovely to stay at especially as I was travelling alone. It was a 3 block walk to London Bridge tube station which could get you anywhere in London. The staff are lovely and are always up for a chat and some advice about where to travel in the city. The beds were the most comfortable I have slept in a long time. I would recommend this to anyone who asks for accommodation in London. Thanks for the great time Charles and Clare!

• 4th Aug 2013

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will consider us again next time your in London, thank you for your comments.

I was pleasantly surprised to find tea and coffee making facilities and a computer in the shared bunkroom. And OK, you're still sleeping in a room with 5 other people, but a decent mattress, curtain across my bunk and personal light gave a sense of comfort and almost privacy. Appreciated the fan on such a hot night as well. Boiled eggs and fruit available for breakfast alongside the usual cereals and pastry was also appreciated.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your stay in London, we are happy to hear you liked our hostels and it's facilities, we do try to make our guests feel at home during their stay with us, thank you for your comments.

This was by far my favorite hostel this vacation!! I stayed in 2 others in London that don't even compare!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your stay in London, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, we hope that you will consider us in the future, thank you for your comments.

Location is close to everything. But 6 bed dorm I stayed in was not very clean. Some hairs on my bed.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we change the bedding after every guest departs, so there is freshly washed bedding on each bed, we clean every room and all toilets and showers daily, our cleanliness is beyond reproach, but we are always looking to improve it, thank you for your comments.