Destinations at The Rose & Crown Reviews

65 Union Street, Borough, London, England

This hostel is basically the top floor of a pub filled with rooms. Breakfast is included, on the pub, pretty basic quality. The rooms are fine. Average WC and shower. All clean! Good quality bunk beds (the bunk bed curtain and individual electric outlet is a must if you enjoy some privacy while sleeping!!!) Overall it was a nice stay. I was traveling alone. Met some good people there! A little far from the center. Will definitely stay there again if need to go to that part of town!!!

Room stank terribly. Similar to stale sweat type stench. Also beds are too small for anyone like myself who is over 6ft tall

• 25th May 2013
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, unfortunately we cannot do anything about the other guests sweat or feet odour, we do put air freshners in each dorm, but it is a dorm shared with others, our beds are a standard single bed size(3ft - 6ft) so you would have found it difficult to find any hostel to fit your height, thank you for your comments.

The reception was awesome, probably best yet for a hostel. The curtains for privacy on each bunk were a fantastic idea! The lockers beneath were ok but a bit difficult to get to if the person below had their stuff in front of them all of the time. The showers were nice and hot and usually clean. The bed was comfy and loved having my own outlets and light above my bed! : )

• 21st May 2013

Nice. A home away from home. Privacy curtains, bed lamp and your own power point. Good breakfast, nice staff and good location. Plus there's never a line up for the bathroom. Showers may not drain too well but it's hot if you use the main shower.

I highly recommend this hostel! The owner is the friendlynes and kindnes in person, the rooms are perfect (lamp and socket at EACH bed, computer with skype-setup - free to use - in each room, free wifi, free tea and coffee in each room and a wonderful breakfast. A truly amazing stay for this price.

• 18th May 2013

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for your comments.

The world needs more of this attitude in hostels! I love staying in hostels simply for the benefit of meeting other people, but I've always wished there were more hostels who care about providing better service and going the extra mile. This was a fantastic hostel, they've put a lot of thought into having comfortable beds - not crammed and nice memory foam matresses, a computer in each room, curtains around beds for privacy and nice thick comfy duvets. The pub below is lovely as well!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your comments on the effort we have made to make our guests feel right at home, we hope to see you again soon and thank you for your comments.

Best stay in Europe! Right above a bar (The Rose and Crown) but very quiet and cozy. Rooms are great. They have computers (free of use) and beds have their own curtains to keep the light out. The staff is awesome and very polite. We had to get mail sent in from Canada and they happily let us use their adress. Area is in right in Southwark and close to Belushi's, which is a huge tourist bar. Bar downstairs is a good time as well. Definitely worth a stay!!!

Absolutely fantastic. Staff was super friendly and helpful. They have good recommendations in what to do or what to see. Place was very nice. The bar was a good place to hang out but the sound did not travel up to the hostel at all. Breakfast was always very good. Beds were super comfy. Miss the place already! Would stay there again in a heart beat.

• 15th May 2013

Definitely impressed with the place. There was 4 of us who booked a room together, 2 bunk beds, decent size beds too with curtains on each for privacy and also the main window did not have curtains to close, there was also a mini-fridge and computer that could be used for free in the room, 2 wi-fi networks to connect to for no extra charge and tea and coffee making facilities in the room. Friendly helpful staff, good variety for breakfast in the morning too.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are please3d you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

With free breakfast, I like it very!

• 10th May 2013
  • China

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

Beds were amazing! Charles was very accommodating, felt right at home. Showers are great, if a little small.

• 8th May 2013

Really enjoyed my stay here! The room, the bed, the staff and the breakfast was great. I liked the location too. Just one little thing is that I had to take a freezing shower. It was great to get free wifi as well!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, apologies about the cold shower, we had ahot water boiler issue, we have now had a new boiler installed, so no more cold showers, we hope to see you again and we will give you a 10% discount by way of apology, thank you forn your comments.

I would have loved a place where to cook. This hostel is on top of a bar, and you would think it's noisy and all, but if you wanted to hang out on the bar, there was enough noise not to think you were at your grandmas bday, but not so much to bother the people sleeping above. Bathroom and bedrooms were clean, and beds had courtains to maintain your privacy and a night light so if you wanted to read or write, or just have a light you wouldn't disturb your roommates.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are hoping to include kitchen facilities in the future, as well as a common room, but we do say in our description that presently we do not offer these facilities, we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again, thank you for your comments.

Thank you very much for a very enjoyable stay. The TV above the computer was very handy as I could watch TV and check my facebook simultaneously! The breakfast was also lovely, and the staff were friendly and helpful.

• 27th Apr 2013

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and on behalf of the staff and management we hope to see you again soon, thank you for your comments.

Thank you for a pleasant stay at your hostel. I appreciated the friendliness of the women (sorry, forgotten names already) who minded the pub and hostel. I liked your breakfast, the foam beds and curtains around the beds that gave privacy. The location of your hostel is also very convenient, along with the maps and information readily available in paper form.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your stay in London, we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, both Audin, Amy and Joe thank you for your kind words, and we look forward to seeing you again soon, thank you for your comments.

Clean and easy to access hostel. Great +: - Pub below the room - good breakfast

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your stay in London, we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, we look forward to seeing you again soon, thank you for your comments.

Very cute place. Fun pub downstairs. Good location for sight seeing.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your stay in London, we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon, thank you for your comments.

This is a great hostel to use it to sleep. Is very clean and the rooms are really confortable. If you are looking to meet people this is not your hostel.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we do not advertise we have a common room, but downstairs in the bar there are plenty of people to meet, if you can do that, all our patrons have not had trouble mixing with your patrons of our pub, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again.

I had computer in the room - but without the hard drive. Also, I had the TV, but without the remote control.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, you are very wrong in your comments, the computer was working during your stay because I upgraded the virus software, but you do have to turn it on first, and the TV remote was next to the TV or being used by another guest, but it is there, why did you not bring this to the attention of the staff, you marked down the staff to and this proves that you were not communicating with them, we are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, thank you for your comments.

I was in a six bed dorm. The bed was very comfortable, the shower was good and the cleanliness was great. So, in the end, I am glad for chosing thishostel. The only problem was the space to store all my stuff: there were some hangers, about 8 or 9 in total, so to share with 6 people, and a very small locker under the bed. The result was that I had to leave almost everything in my backpack and if by accident someone had decided to take it, I couldn not have had any chance to impede it.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we do provide hangers in the rooms, if needed we do increase them upon request, we do have hooks all around the room to, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.