Destino26 Reviews

26 de Marzo 1125, Montevideo, Uruguay

The hostel was very nice and clean. The location is great and the staff was very helpful and friendly. I can totally recommend it to anyone wanting to visit Montevideo!

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Norway

Destino26 was a good place if you want to be near the beach, but it is a little far from the center of town. The shared spaces are great - living room, back yard, well equipped kitchen - but the dorms are a little cramped. We had to go up a spiral staircase to get to ours, and the bathroom was down at the bottom. It's a pretty low key place but with friendly people.

Had an amazing time at this hostel, staff was very friendly and the whole atmosphere of the hostel was really nice. If you are looking for a quiet place to stay, this hostel is perfect for you.

• 15th Sep 2014

Really helpful and welcoming staff and a great kitchen. A bit out of the way of the centre of town but really close to the beach and in a nice neighbourhood. Chief problem was that it was very noisy at night as our room was sandwiched between the common room and kitchen which were well populated well into the night. They also had builders in which meant the three bathrooms that serve the while building were reduced to just two.

Hi Martin. I want to apologize for the inconvenience regarding painting work during your stay, but that seemed to be a quiet week and on the end the Hostel it was full. Now the roomsand bathrooms are all painted so you can come back now!!!!! Greetings. Mauricio Albacete

Really great staff. Kitchen was fully stocked and pretty big. Outside seating/BBQ area. Big dining/living room with guitar and hand-drum for anyone to play. Close to popular bus lines and some good cheaper food. Decent breakfast (bread and cereal). Would definitely go there again.

Great hostel, really great atmosphere, nice and helpful staff.

The owner, who works there in the morning, was very kind and helful all the time I spent there. I could feel his hospitality and kindness at all times. Also, Lu, the girl who works there at night, was very nice and kind to all of us who were staying there. She even gave me a feet massage! I would recommend the place for the location, a few blocks from the beach, the place itself, very nice and clean, good breakfast and warm welcoming staff :) 100% recommended

The rooms have no hit, so it's a little bit cold in the winter, but is a good hostel in a good neighboor, great kicthen and the showers always have hot water. Would stay there again.

Great hostel overall. A bit far from the center but close to the beaches

Great chill hostel. It is very near the Rio de la Plata and Rambla and pretty close to the Omnibus Terminal. Staff is very hardworking and helpful -- one of the cleanest hostels in Argentina. Great breakfast and spacious kitchen.

Great place! Only suggestion if make is getting shower curtains and hooks to hang towels ect for the bathrooms. But other than that cannot fault the place

Great staff. Fun yet efficient in their duties. I accidentally bought the wrong bus ticket one day and the hostel owner immediately called the bus company and straightened out the mess for me, all without me requesting such help. I very much appreciated that.

Nothing say just perfect

• 25th Jun 2014

I usually hate hostels. But we needed one night near friends and Destino 26 was perfectly located. It is in a lovely old house and is very clean and organised inside. The back yard and BBQ area is really lovely. We booked a private room and it had everything we wanted. The kitchen was clean and organised and the fridge was new, large and nice. The staff were always at hand. I would be happy to stay there again if I went to Montevideo.

There is nothing I did not love about my stay at Destino26. Ignacio, Lucia, and the rest of the staff are all excellent, extremely friendly, and eager to show you a good time in Montevideo. The hostel is superbly located in the nice neighborhood of Pocitos, and its very easy to get to any part of the city from there using the bus lines. Breakfast is standard hostel fare, and the showers were always hot. Make sure you stay for an ASADO, it was quite simply one of the best meals I have ever had.

Good little hostel. Location is a little far from the city but good for nightlife. Staff and facilities are all good.

Very nice and confortable place, with a very simple breakfast. Very good to meet people.

This hostel is not for those looking to party! But, for anyone else, who wants a great place to stay in a great location in Montevideo, this is highly recommended! The staff are fantastic, always willing to help and available 24/7. The property itself is a quiet house in a great location, a few blocks from the beach. Excellent facilities and really does feel like home! We really enjoyed our stay at Destino26 and would definitely stay again!

Safe and tranquil, if a little dark. Ideal for the more mature voyager; if you love Uruguay, you'll love Destino26.

Very nice hostel with amazing staff, very helpful.