Destino26 Reviews

26 de Marzo 1125, Montevideo, Uruguay

Great place! Only suggestion if make is getting shower curtains and hooks to hang towels ect for the bathrooms. But other than that cannot fault the place

Great staff. Fun yet efficient in their duties. I accidentally bought the wrong bus ticket one day and the hostel owner immediately called the bus company and straightened out the mess for me, all without me requesting such help. I very much appreciated that.

Nothing say just perfect

• 25th Jun 2014

I usually hate hostels. But we needed one night near friends and Destino 26 was perfectly located. It is in a lovely old house and is very clean and organised inside. The back yard and BBQ area is really lovely. We booked a private room and it had everything we wanted. The kitchen was clean and organised and the fridge was new, large and nice. The staff were always at hand. I would be happy to stay there again if I went to Montevideo.

There is nothing I did not love about my stay at Destino26. Ignacio, Lucia, and the rest of the staff are all excellent, extremely friendly, and eager to show you a good time in Montevideo. The hostel is superbly located in the nice neighborhood of Pocitos, and its very easy to get to any part of the city from there using the bus lines. Breakfast is standard hostel fare, and the showers were always hot. Make sure you stay for an ASADO, it was quite simply one of the best meals I have ever had.

Good little hostel. Location is a little far from the city but good for nightlife. Staff and facilities are all good.

Very nice and confortable place, with a very simple breakfast. Very good to meet people.

This hostel is not for those looking to party! But, for anyone else, who wants a great place to stay in a great location in Montevideo, this is highly recommended! The staff are fantastic, always willing to help and available 24/7. The property itself is a quiet house in a great location, a few blocks from the beach. Excellent facilities and really does feel like home! We really enjoyed our stay at Destino26 and would definitely stay again!

Safe and tranquil, if a little dark. Ideal for the more mature voyager; if you love Uruguay, you'll love Destino26.

Very nice hostel with amazing staff, very helpful.

I had a great time there. If I come back to Montevideo I will stay at Destino26 again. Thanks to Mauricio and all the staff. You guys are amazing!!! Thais from Brasil. 👏

• 20th Apr 2014

Beautiful house and barbeque area out back. Staff were lovely, friendly and super helpful. The whole place is kept super clean.

Good atmosphere and outstanding staff! I only believe the bathrooms cleanliness could be improved,

The hostel is located in a beautiful neighborhood, the breakfast is nice, the place is clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I would definitely go back.

I was at Destino26 in April, the most memorable thing was the fantastic smell of the flowers out in the garden. An excellent hostel: great price, quiet, excellent location next to the beach, safe, secure with lockers, fully equipped kitchen, wifi, comfortable beds. Nice breakfast too The only things I can think that I can niggle about: slightly mouldy shower curtains (nothing bad really) the huge tv did tend to dominate the communal area too, so it wasn't so easy to chat with other guests.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Destino26 is located in a cute house near Pocitos beach. It is a bit far from the old city, but you can easily take a bus there. The kitchen and wifi were great, and the owner was very nice. There were 2 children staying there with their mothers, which made the atmoshepere in the hostel quite different from other hostels I've stayed at. I think that children should be in a private room if staying in a hostel because having a child in the room is awkward. Other than that, we had a great stay.

It was allright, but when we left, we were misguidingly lead to the harbour instead of the bus terminal far from the harbour in the city center. That costed us 5 very stressed hours. But overall was the hostel fine, breakfast decent and friendly staff. Though we felt a little aluded. Good barbeque and drinks in the garden though!

The hostel's location is perfect. The staff is very helpful and the breakfast is simple, but good! The bedrooms are great and you never get to wiat a lot to take a shower! Loved Destino 26 and recommend!

The hostel is located in very nice area of Montevideo, close to the beach. There is beautiful garden. It is 20-25 min bus form city center, but I would definitely choose it again. The staff is very helpful.

I booked and paid for 6 bed dorm. I was put in an 8 bed with 7 males. The room was dirty, with dishes everywhere and was not cleaned the 3 nights I was there! Me and my partner both got bed bugs while here. Kitchen is good.

Dear, Respect to bed bugs, we have 2 years since we open, that room is still used and if you look comments about bed bugs, you are not going to find them, in Hostel World or any book page which we work with and the room is almost always full, so if you really have bed bugs as you say, all reviews of all the number of people who passed through that room would be negative about it, but there are not, so i think you got bitten by mosquitos that is very common in Montevideo.