Devonshire House Hotel Reviews

293-297 Edge Lane, Liverpool, England

No Rating

Thank you, I enjoyed my stay, will come back.

The hotel is a bit far from the city centre but you can easily get there by bus. Love the view here with a beautiful garden. The room is spacious with a large bath room. The staff are friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed my stay here.

• 11th Apr 2012
  • Vietnam

... the place is good but it could be better

• 9th Apr 2012
  • Mexico

the stay was over all fine. just made to feel a bit uncomfortable by a member of the desk staff who was explained to that i had to go to the bank to arrange a funds transfer, but was told that if i didn't pay by 11am i would be locked out of my room. i didn't arrive until late and was looking forward to a relaxed morning, but instead spent if chasing banks.

• 6th Dec 2011

I only stayed literally for the night and departed very early so I cannot give a better review, however the time I was there for it was a pleasant experience. Very comfortable bed! :-)

It really is a hotel than a hostel so security, parking, and cleanliness are great. Staff are helpful. Food is not great, very ordinary overpriced homestyle English food but a good portion. The one thing that lets the hotel down is Liverpool CC\'s decision to board up every single house on route to the hotel from Lime Street out to the M62. It makes the area look run down and characterless, not in keeping with Liverpool as a city of culture. Cheap taxis into town (4 quid) were a bonus.

There were people talking loud outside the door since very early (today was Sunday) and it was difficult to keep sleeping. I'd like somebody in the hotel would have asked them to shut up or to go to another place to talk or, at least, to slow sown the volume.

The hotel is really nice set in nice grounds but the area around it is a regeneration area which is run down with lots of boarded up houses,fine in the day but not ideal at night.However you can get a bus outside directly to town for 1.60 or a taxi for a few pounds so you dont need to walk through it so its fine.The staff were lovely,very nice and helpful.The room was big and clean and well stocked with hot drinks.Great value for money,would go again.

Its a bit of a walk to the nearest restaurants and pubs. the room was big and so was the bathroom. staff are very friendly.

Very hot and it was impossible to open the window. Located close to the district full of ruined, unoccupied houses - little scary.

I\'m really glad with my staying in this hotel. The room was very nice, clean. I can\'t complain.

We were told that the hotel ran out of rooms with double bed, so we took a room with two singles, but upon arrival we got double bed. It was ok for me and my wife, but it may be risky for someone who does not like sleeping back-to-back with a stranger:-)

Everything seemed good, and the staff were quite courteous and friendly. The shower, however, was quite mouldy and didn\'t drain properly.

Very nice place, peaceful. Perfect gardens if you want to relax. Probably best during high summer when you can get most enjoyment out of the gardens, but still, even when cold... gorgeous

Clean hostel, should be regarded as a hotel. not close to the city center... and especailly, there are two EDGE LANE in Liverpool...

The night receptionist was kind of rude when checking in, although the morning receptionist was very very nice and helpful. The place smells AWFUL. But other than that, I guess I have no complaints. If you want a hostel that's right in the city center, keep looking, although a taxi from here to the albert dock is only around 6 quid.

This hotel is THE WORST HOTEL, I have ever stayed. I had a terrible problem with my payment although I was concirnedm, and I also confirmed it to the receptionists several times. Moreover, the receptionist was terriblly rude to me. Of course, I phoned her boss after that to complain. The boss sorted it out but the payment problem was not solved properly. I finally had to wrote a letter to the hotel manager but the manager has never replied to me for appologise. I also found that this hotel had more problems with its location. This hotel was said to be located in \"a quiet residential area\". However, the area, surrounding the hotel was not quite dangerous although it does not seemed to be so. The thing is that, the residential area, surrounding the hotel was mostly EMPTY even though the area has many houses. The residents had already moved out due to the council\'s redevelopment programme. This means that no one was living nearby the hotel as well as GANGS are supposed to occupy the empty houses. It is very common in the North West of England, and it was also repoorted by the local BBC new when I stayed in the hotel. Just few days before I checked-in the hotel, a boy was shot out skart of Liverpool by gang members who accommodated in an emptied house, located in simular area. There are actually many inexpensive budget hotels in the Liverpool city centre. It is difenitly better to stay in a hotel in the center than this disgusting hotel.

We had a worrying few minutes at check-in because our booking could not be found at first.

WE FOUND THE HOTEL VERY COMFORTABLE AND CLEAN WITH FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL STAFF. THE RESTAURANT PRICES WERE A BIT STEEP. THE PUB WAS CLOSED AND ONLY A LOUNGE BAR WAS IN OPERATION.BUT OTHERWISE AND ENJOYABLE STAY AND WILL DEFINATELY USE THE PLACE AGAIN.

• 30th Aug 2007
  • South Africa

This hotel is fine (and quite inexpensive) for a stay in Liverpool. Rooms are cosy, garden is really nice, car park is big. I did not try the bar & restaurant unfortunately.