Diamond B&B Reviews

Via Cairoli 101, Rome, Italy

The staff is very good and kind; the problem is that there is any safe place where i can leave my stuff and some roomss are very small and there isn't enough place to make your things.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Slept on beds that broke as they were held together with tape, and no sufficent air con for the heat. The free meal of pasta every evening was very nice, and the breakfast was very cheap for rome.

Very friendly and helpful staff. They cook a nice pasta dinner which is included. 15 minute walk from termini station.

We stayed in this hostel for 2 nights. It was extremely hot and there was only 2 showers to share between 15-20 people. The atmosphere isn't great as there are no common areas to sit and chat, pretty much just go out all day sightseeing (which is amazing) then come back and sleep. On the plus side the staff are extremely friendly and cook free pasta every night!

If you can cope with a bit of discomfort (squishy, hot) this is not a bad hostel. Location is 10mins walk from Rome's main train station (I recommend getting 24h pass to see attractions - the metro is very simple - Line A or B). Rooms were very hot, only a ceiling fan, but it was mid July. Bathrooms (2) and kitchen quite small and cramped, but tolerable. €2 breakfast and free simple pasta dinner each night was great. Note the hostel is in a flat, so look for the buzzer on the large door.

Note: I am rating Hotel Ginevra Rome, NOT Hotel Diamond B&B. I am putting this rating here because I booked Diamond B&B and was redirected to another place. This is for you to know what you might be getting yourself in to when booking Diamond. Ginevra didn't give you any keys for your door; anyone can go into your room. This place does have lockers. Location was okay, nothing special. Front desk was kind of a snob. CASH ONLY. Has a kitchen that's somewhat social. Bathroom had NO shower curtain.

Close to Rome Termini, the staff was not the best but the other people staying in the hostel made it good. When I arrived they put me in a 10 (actually 11) bed room when my reservation was for an 8 bed room. When I asked about it the first thing they said was "Is it a problem for you?" which is a stupid thing to ask given that I'm only asking for what I paid. It was a last-minute, one-night reservation for me. If you have time look somewhere else. Booking . com will offer way better options.

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

I was confused to arrive and be told it was fully booked and the be taken by the person at receptions friend to their hostel to then find out everyone at the new hostel had the exact same thing happen. However the hostel I was taking to was much nicer but I still did not feel comfortable and was very happy I had arrived before it got dark

Great staff and great time being at this hostel. Very close to termini station. It's not a typical hostel. It's in a flat that works as hostel. So write down the address and the name, because you won't see a great sign in the street. Just a big door with many bells. And there's more than one hostel in the same building, so know you're going to diamond.

• 12th Jul 2015
  • Argentina

My boyfriend and I are interrailing round Europe and we really enjoyed our stay here for 3 nights. Really great atmosphere and met some great people in our dorm, really easy to socialise. Showers a bit grotty but nothing less than we expected. Really friendly staff and in the evening they made us pasta for free! Great location as can walk to most of the main tourist spots or just catch a bus, train station also only less than a 10 min walk away!

The staff were very friendly and pretty accommodating. The lack of internet was an issue especially because that is one of the reasons we chose to stay at Diamond. It was a bit inconvenient also needing to change places at the start. Overall, sangria night was a great touch and unique. We really liked that! Well done!

• 11th Jul 2015

Can't really rate this hostel as we weren't allowed to stay there. The one we got moved to had no locks on any doors and the front door was permanently wide open. Bathroom had no lock or shower curtain, bit of a problem in a communal room, and you had to have your feet in the shower if you wanted to use the toilet. Staff tried to create a good atmosphere but there is only so much you can do with eleven people in a crummy kitchen of 8x8 and a gallon of sangria.

They didnt have a bed in the hostel so they brought me to another hostel. Both hostels are extremely small and have no common rooms, no kitchen, no breakfast. Aircondition is controlled by staff and put on 25-27 deg - we asked twice to turn down the temperature but they woulnd do it.

I was moved to the Ginevra hotel instead for some reason, so that maybe what I am actually reviewing. The staff at Diamond B&B was really nice though, that is the only thing I know about the place. The hotel was fine, also nice staff members who were very helpful and recommended places to visit in Rome. There is no locks on the doors so it felt a bit strange just leaving your luggage.

• 8th Jul 2015
  • Denmark

A decent place to stay for a couple of nights. Location is good. Rooms are clean. The WiFi is okay. The fact that they put "air conditioning" in the description is rather misleading. Also the city tax on top of the price is annoying. Just include it in the total price while booking.

We didn't get spaghetti.

We had a fun stay. Staff was kind, friendly, and helpful. The best part of Rome was getting the free pasta, really brought guests together...and it was yummy! Rooms were clean, bathrooms were ok. No air conditioning but the fans helped. Location good because it was near train station, however it didn't seem like the safest neighborhood. We would stay again, though!

It's well located, the staff it really friendly and helpful, free pasta every night. The room has no key, but everything was OK.

Loc: perhaps the most lively part of Rome, with all kinds of ethnic eateries & stores. I always stay here when in Rome (also because it is close to the university), & never had any security problem. Hostel: no locker and little privacy, be prepared, but people really mind their own business here (not a place for socializing - fine with me). Hence, quiet throughout the night. No aircon (but same as at home for me). Hot water scarce in the afternoon (usual for a hostel). B'fast ok for the price.

Only two bathrooms so there tend to be a queue in the morning which got a bit annoying. One bathroom is a bit dirty with an odd smell and on our first night, there was no hot water so we had a freezing cold shower. Toilet seats needs replacing. Owners slept in the room with us (10 bed dorm was therefore technically 11) Location was 15 minutes away from the station and within walking distance to the colosseum. Pasta was really good and got everyone in the hostel together. No kettle/microwave

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5