6.6
Good 208 Total Reviews
6.6
Good 208 Total Reviews
Diamond Diggers Backpackers Located at 36 Doris St, Kensington, Gauteng, Johannesburg.
South Africa
Johannesburg 36 Doris St, Kensington, Gauteng
66% 208
-26.1983519 28.0778467
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 25-30
20th Jul 2016

The staff went above and beyond to make sure we had a safe and excellent stay in Johannesburg.

9th Jun 2016
6.0

Please fix the wifi! Some travelers specifically book places that have wifi because we are working as well. Very disappointed no one seemed to care about fixing the wifi, just offered excuses. This is Joburg not the middle of nowhere. Came here because friends loved it but there's no reason for me to stay at a hostel in a big city when sold wifi and it's not working. Also if anyone is in the sitting room above the hostel it's very noisy, very thin floors so light sleepers beware.

21st Apr 2016
2.0

I don't even know what to say about this hostel. Everything about it was so shady. The accommodations that are listed weren't available when I arrived. The hostel itself was dirty and the staff was just as confused as I was about everything. Overall I wasn't feeling it, however the other people staying in the hostel were super friendly and welcoming.

• wannabeaussie6226
  • England, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
30th Mar 2016
5.4

Nina was very nice and Aubry who kindly picked me up from the airport and dropped me off at the gautrain station to catch a train to Pretoria to see a friend. However, the dorm room had no lock and one of the guests, a South African man entered the room to kiss me goodbye. Kim's son, a 7 year old also walked in the room to ask if he could play games on my iPad frequently. Other guests warned me against going into the city on my own for safety reasons.

27th Mar 2016
5.7

sorry to give this bad review because the staff tries really hard to make a good hostel out of it but the place is located in the middle of nowhere and you can just move by taxi, not exactly clean and safe, at the time of my stay it was kinda empty. They charged more than expected but apparently it was a mistake of hostelworld

• Namibia, Female, 18-24
24th Mar 2016
7.7

Centrally located from all points of interested. Value for money, will diffidently stay there again.

4th Mar 2016
6.9

Kind of out of the way of everything in Johannesburg. While staff were incredibly nice and helpful, it appeared that I arrived at the hostel during a transitional period and it was rather chaotic. The building was undergoing some renovations; my room had exposed ceiling and construction equipment but no one else was there so I had to the dorm to myself! Decent kitchen facility.