Diamond Diggers Backpackers Reviews

36 Doris St, Kensington, Gauteng, Johannesburg, South Africa

Stayed here for 2 nights. The owner smoked weed and drank beer most of the time I saw him which didn't make a good impression. The place was almost empty and the internet was very slow. I didn't see anywhere you could put your valuables when you went out, which didn't do anything because it was empty anyway. When I wanted to go on a safari tour, the owner took his time to call around, but he didn't look too happy about it. I didn't choose any of his safari tours.

The staff were great, very friendly and helpful. The area is central and not too far from the airport. My only real complaint is the cleanliness. Not sure how clean the bedding was!!

• 14th Mar 2014

The place is very nice, but the kitchen is full of roaches going everywhere. The level of kitchen cleanliness is very poor.

They have free wifi and are close to the local tourist attractions

I thought D.D was a good stop of point for me in Jo'burg. Security was abit sub-par. Back door gate was found open when i arrived, so I could just walk in. location is not the best as it is kinda way out. Staff were cool though, place was clean enough and tidy and it did sort of reflect a nice homely vibe. Quiet when I was there but I wouldn't mind staying at D.D again if I was in the area, as it is a hostel and talks and looks like one as well., Not a bad point for bazbus either.

View all Johannesburg Hostels