Dijembe Backpackers Hostel Reviews

P.O Box 38, Storms River, South Africa

Lovely atmosphere with fire and musical instruments, everybody socializing Staff very helpful, shuttle to national park available Highly recommended

Thank you very much for your feedback Gaylene! We enjoyed your company and conversations! Dijembe- family

This place is amazing. Specialy if your arriving by nightfall. The burning fire with benches around and the animals made us feal like arriving at saloon. but the jurney until we found the place was anoying (the mapicon on hostelworld was completely missguiding us)

We had a very cold double room - it was warmer outside than inside! Nice communal areas with open fires. Very basic kitchen. Would be a good place to stay in summer.

Thank you for your feedback. If you would have told us that the room was cold we would have loved to give you a heater or/and extra blankets that are available at reception! Thank you two for staying with us! Dijembe Family

This is a great place to stay and the guys will go out of their way to help you. Expect a laid back vibe and fall in love with Baz, the goat that thinks she's a dog =)

I an my boyfriend had a great stay at the hostel. I love the calm and relaxing atmosphere. Felt at home from the very first second. And the homemade bread was fantastic! :) Thank you,

• 16th Apr 2014

Reg and Miranda were 1st class and Reggie helped me out as much as he could as I had a medical dilemma. The wifi is the best I've had in in 6 months travelling Africa and I got my 1st proper fluid Skype and viber session in which was priceless. A great place to chill quiet and relax. All round great place.

This was one of my favourite hostels I've ever stayed in; after a hectic few days in Cape Town it was nice to have a couple of days here to relax. The staff are so friendly, feel like you're just hanging out with friends, the food was great and there's loads of activities to do from here if you fancy it, though a lovely place to just relax. Definitely stay here if you can!! Stormsriver is worth a stop!

Really atmospheric wood-built hostel, inside the nature. Free breakfast, very fast wifi, good hot shower and really good beds in the dorm.The owners can prepare for you delicious dinner and teach you riding their white horses. There is a braai in the garden, and some comfortable hammocks where you can lie down looking at the trees and the blue sky. Tsitsikamma National Park is just 5 km away, the owner can sort out your trip there.

Awesome staff, after checking in i ended up being on a horse within 15 minutes. The double private was like a luxureus hotel room, great attention to detail and cozy atmosphere. The free condoms, instruments en the nice shisha where awesome, and the endless stars viewable from the jacuzzi on the roof is priceless. Definately the place to be to find some peace, and if you want to do the blaukrans bungee: transport is offered. Cheers!

View all Storms River Hostels