Dina's Hostel Reviews

42 Abd El Khaliq Tharwat ST, Down town,Cairo, Cairo, Egypt

The facilities were the only thing lacking at this fantastic hostel and I had such a good time I did not care! The lack of facilities was also just a temporary setback due to a hole in the water tank which was being rectified as I left. The hostel was very clean and comfortable and considering I had a private room and breakfast each morning the value for money was in unbeatable! The best thing about the hostel was the friendly atmosphere. As a solo traveller this was really great :)

• 10th Sep 2014

The experience in Dina's hostel was very bad, I didn't expiated like that at all. I booked this hostel month ago before I travel to Egypt and when I arrived I got shocked that there is no water at all in the hostel, they didn't even send emails to those people who reserved rooms in their hostel. so they wired till people come and then tell them that there is no water and I think this is not professional. I stayed 8 days there and after that I couldn't live anymore and I move out to other hostel.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Jordan

It's the little things like no water for three days and no wifi for two. To be fair they did ask me if the no water thing will be a problem but also said it will be fixed the next day. It still wasn't fixed 5 days later. Neither was the wifi. There is no atmosphere here. If you have been to India and done the bucket showers, it should be ok. But if this is your first time in Cairo. Go somewhere else. The breakfast was very small and weird. Aircon cost another 25.

The place was clean, Dina was super nice! It's great accommodations for the cheap cost. The only thing that I wasn't a huge fan of was that there were no locks on the dorms. And, there was no air conditioning in the dorm. You also should bring your own insect repellent as I got bit several times. All in all, I would stay there again!

• 31st Aug 2014

No atmosphere, only two people in the hostel. No service. The staff kept pestering us to take tours. No breakfast. No air conditioning and right on a busy street with horns all night. One plugin for 8 beds. I think I got a rash from the dirty common room. Having said all that, it was the nicest hostel I stayed in in Cairo.

I loved my time at Dina's and really recommend it. The rooms are great. The only issue was occasional water shortage. And when the lift didn't work, it was a long long walk up many stairs. Otherwise, awesome staff, inclusive, subtly queer-friendly. Attracts pretty cool travellers. I'd go back any day.

• 24th Jul 2014

We loved Dina's when we stayed here for five nights. The staff are so friendly and the rooms are clean and comfortable. For two nights we stayed in a room with a shared bathroom and it was perfectly fine, very clean and well kept.

• 6th Jul 2014

Great - v.convenient, no nonsense - just what I wanted for a quick overnight stay. Staff super-helpful in organizing transfers/driver etc.. A great experience.

• 30th Jun 2014

cool place

Stayed for one night prior to tour starting. Many thanks to driver for waiting at airport despite being 2 hrs late. Highly recommend transfer service. Location 10 min walk from Tahrir square/ museum. Facilities adequate, really only use kitchen for tea/coffee as food is so cheap. Rooms clean and tidy, wifi strong at one end, n/a at common room. Khaled is very knowledgable and can organise most common tours in Egypt, all details available on hostels website. Good spot to start journey!

Great location, nice stuff, clean rooms and bathrooms but the internet is really slow.

• 19th May 2014
  • Colombia

Staff was amazing and they really try to take care of their guests. I was so happy with the staff and I felt really secured . They even called the tour guide to double check if I was ok and happy. The only thing I didn't like was that they didn't have mosquito net.

• 7th May 2014
  • Turkey

I've stayed at Dina's before, but was slightly underwhelmed this time. My sheets were not clean when I came, and while some of the staff is really nice, some others are kind of grumpy and not very eager to help. However, it's a good place to meet awesome travellers and hence, I will probably stay there again next time I'm in Cairo.