Dina's Hostel Reviews

42 Abd El Khaliq Tharwat ST, Down town,Cairo, Cairo, Egypt

We loved Dina's when we stayed here for five nights. The staff are so friendly and the rooms are clean and comfortable. For two nights we stayed in a room with a shared bathroom and it was perfectly fine, very clean and well kept.

• 6th Jul 2014

cool place

Stayed for one night prior to tour starting. Many thanks to driver for waiting at airport despite being 2 hrs late. Highly recommend transfer service. Location 10 min walk from Tahrir square/ museum. Facilities adequate, really only use kitchen for tea/coffee as food is so cheap. Rooms clean and tidy, wifi strong at one end, n/a at common room. Khaled is very knowledgable and can organise most common tours in Egypt, all details available on hostels website. Good spot to start journey!

• 25th May 2014

Great location, nice stuff, clean rooms and bathrooms but the internet is really slow.

• 19th May 2014
  • Colombia

Staff was amazing and they really try to take care of their guests. I was so happy with the staff and I felt really secured . They even called the tour guide to double check if I was ok and happy. The only thing I didn't like was that they didn't have mosquito net.

• 7th May 2014
  • Turkey

I've stayed at Dina's before, but was slightly underwhelmed this time. My sheets were not clean when I came, and while some of the staff is really nice, some others are kind of grumpy and not very eager to help. However, it's a good place to meet awesome travellers and hence, I will probably stay there again next time I'm in Cairo.

Dina, your hostel was fantastic and I couldn't recommend it more. Trouble is never far behind me, and yet Dina took all my minor crises (lost bank card, etc.) in stride and was incredibly helpful! Her hostel is a welcoming, cultural home for everyone; I met more interesting people in 4 days than I did in 4 years of uni. The location is perfect, the building is gorgeous - cozy and tastefully decorated. Dina is an inspiring woman running a great business. I didn't want to leave!

• 23rd Apr 2014

It's a very nice place to be, Dina and the rest of the employees are very polite and agreeable, I felt like in home, besides the atmosphere was excellent, i'm so happy with everything, you can trust everyone in there, plus the hostel is very close to stores, restaurants, museums, train station, it's very complete.

• 21st Apr 2014
  • Colombia

It was an enjoyable experience. Dina is incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. She always strive to do her best to help her guests. I would really recommend her host. It is cheap and a great fun place to stay.

• 20th Apr 2014

When you come here to the official address' entrance, don't be put off by the scary back alley and staircase. There is an alternative entrance and the hostal itself is clean and cosy. The breakfast is rather attractive, the Egyptian Museum and the Nile are at walking distance. The owner as well as the staff are very helpful with any kind of problem. For me, the crown jewel of this place was the highly professional receptionist Khaled who makes you feel like the guest of a five-star hotel.

• 19th Apr 2014

I Usually stay at Dina's when ever I have to stay in Cairo, Dina her self always greets us and is very helpful if u need any advice, It's a decent hostel and a great value for what you pay, clean, AC .. its cozy and nice ,but nothing too fancy. the location is excellent its near every thing and u could get a cab to take you any where from there .. I totally recommend the hostel

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Egypt

Thank you for a wonderful stay at Dina's Hostel! Right in the middle of downtown Cairo we enjoyed clean rooms and bathrooms, simple but nice local breakfast, recommendations for local restaurant and places to go as well as support in fighting moskitos and heat. Nice helpful and friendly staff. Don't get put off by the cheerless side entrance and the broken elevator, there is another entrance an working elevator. Just call the hostel for support. Visit Cairo and stay in Dina's Hostel!

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Very friendly staff, one of the nicest hostels I stayed at during the trip. The atmosphere is very laid back. Only downside was that the taxi to the airport was about helf an hour late (but the hostel staff was very helpful - and I still caught my plane).

The location is excellent and great value for money, while the endlessly helpful and generous staff have informed and encouraged my introduction to this fascinating country. The space is lovely, big airy rooms with wooden floors, free wifi, breakfast and clean bathrooms, while my fellow travellers were great company. Dina's is a vital and warm space which I have returned to in between trips around the country - each time I come back it feels like coming home.

I have just spent a few weeks in Cairo and was lodged at the hostel for most of the trip. As a whole, I was more than appreciative of my stay there! The staff at the hostel was very helpful and Dina herself (the owner) was readily available to give us tips and suggestions on just about any service or information that we required. They could even book tours to visit sites (in Cairo or even in other Egyptian cities and locations), which was a very useful and hassle-free way to organize our trips.

• 7th Apr 2014

I am a solo female backpacker. Dina's is very very clean. Exactly as advertised. Huge high ceilings, beautiful wooden floors, french doors to balcony offer a lot of light and cool air at night, clean tiled washrooms soap n towels provided. Staff is helpful and dina is extremely knowledgable. There r 3 elevators but main entrance is broken so make sure to ask about others cause it is on 5th floor. I stayed when i first arrived in egypt and again when i returned to cairo - definitely recommend!

I always stay at Dina's Hostel when I'm in Cairo - and it never disappoints. It is always clean, convenient and safe. The staff is great, and It's close to everything downtown. I highly recommend it. It is really an excellent value.

The staff at Dinas was awesome. The location is great. Was nearly empty (along with the rest of Cairo) when I was there, so hard to judge the atmosphere. Very clean with average rooms. I would definitely stay here again.

Ask for directions as its down a little side alley. They have a nice cafe down the street too. Very friendly and helpful.

Dina's is a great hostel right in the center of Cairo. I doubt you'd find a better hostel in Cairo. I will say, BRING BUG SPRAY! This is something that is no fault to the hostel but I left COVERED in mosquito bites.