Dina's Hostel Reviews

42 Abd El Khaliq Tharwat ST, Down town,Cairo, Cairo, Egypt

The location is excellent and great value for money, while the endlessly helpful and generous staff have informed and encouraged my introduction to this fascinating country. The space is lovely, big airy rooms with wooden floors, free wifi, breakfast and clean bathrooms, while my fellow travellers were great company. Dina's is a vital and warm space which I have returned to in between trips around the country - each time I come back it feels like coming home.

I have just spent a few weeks in Cairo and was lodged at the hostel for most of the trip. As a whole, I was more than appreciative of my stay there! The staff at the hostel was very helpful and Dina herself (the owner) was readily available to give us tips and suggestions on just about any service or information that we required. They could even book tours to visit sites (in Cairo or even in other Egyptian cities and locations), which was a very useful and hassle-free way to organize our trips.

• 7th Apr 2014

I am a solo female backpacker. Dina's is very very clean. Exactly as advertised. Huge high ceilings, beautiful wooden floors, french doors to balcony offer a lot of light and cool air at night, clean tiled washrooms soap n towels provided. Staff is helpful and dina is extremely knowledgable. There r 3 elevators but main entrance is broken so make sure to ask about others cause it is on 5th floor. I stayed when i first arrived in egypt and again when i returned to cairo - definitely recommend!

I always stay at Dina's Hostel when I'm in Cairo - and it never disappoints. It is always clean, convenient and safe. The staff is great, and It's close to everything downtown. I highly recommend it. It is really an excellent value.

The staff at Dinas was awesome. The location is great. Was nearly empty (along with the rest of Cairo) when I was there, so hard to judge the atmosphere. Very clean with average rooms. I would definitely stay here again.

Ask for directions as its down a little side alley. They have a nice cafe down the street too. Very friendly and helpful.

Dina's is a great hostel right in the center of Cairo. I doubt you'd find a better hostel in Cairo. I will say, BRING BUG SPRAY! This is something that is no fault to the hostel but I left COVERED in mosquito bites.

Well located, right in the heart of downtown Cairo. Only a 15 minute walk to the Egyptian Museum and 10 minutes to the Metro. Also lots of shops and restaurant located close by. Friendly helpful, knowledgeable staff who are always willing to help. Excellent tours to the Pyramids, Bahariya Oasis & White Desert. Good clean rooms and bathrooms, comfortable common areas.

• 16th Mar 2014

Staff very friendly. The only bad point is that its located on 5th floor and there's not elevator.

It is a good place to come home to

• 12th Mar 2014

I had a great stay at Dina's. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the location near downtown Cairo is great.

• 27th Feb 2014

This place is a gem! Not only are there alot of travelers there, which I didn't find at any of the other hostels that I went to in Egypt, but it also seems to be a central hub for Egyptians. They have film screenings on Sundays with a large projector, such a great experience. Breakfast was lovely in the common room, the dorms were clean, bathrooms were good, and the staff were super helpful! I would highly recommend staying at Dina's Hostel while you are based in Cairo!

• 23rd Feb 2014

Was part of a group, and we all had an excellent time at Dina's Hostel! I highly recommend this place!

• 22nd Feb 2014

Excellent Hostel!!!!!!!

• 22nd Feb 2014

Lovely hostel! Great atmosphere, very friendly staff, clean and safe. Centrally located. Would highly recommend this place.

• 18th Feb 2014

A very cool part of Cairo, Downtown has a different buzz about it and their are lots of eateries and authentic spots real Cairenes hang out. This is a great Hostel to meet interesting travellers from across the globe upto all sorts in Egypt. The hostel is in a beautiful building tucked away off the busy streets. Dina's has a gorgeous old world elevator, but it can be a bugger when it is broke as it is quite a haul up five flights of stairs despite their beauty. Not great for mobility.

Felt like home in the middle of Cairo; friendly and ever-helpful staff, clean and cosy, laid-back and cool atmosphere and all at reasonable prices. Plenty of tours available but never pushy about it too.

Good hostel in downtown... Clean beds, hot shower, friendly staff, good breakfast, close to the subway and nice common area...

Just like the first time I came to Dina's hostel, I have complaints. The staff was very kind and helpful, especially Nana! I would definitely recommend staying in Dina's hostel in Cairo!

Very nice place and friendly staff. will be back.