Dingle Gate Hostel - Dingle Peninsula Reviews

The Mall, Annascaul, Dingle, Ireland

Proprietor was very polite, good about things being as they should be, and friendly. Some hostels are tight with the heat; this one encouraged turning on radiator to stay warm. Bed was most comfortable I've had in a hostel (twin room). Rural setting has wonderful views, and a walk to town is easy enough unless you have luggage beyond a backpack.

We love the cordiality of the hostel. We are very grateful for Mr. Brian for your attention. Luciane

• 22nd Aug 2015

It's all good

It is a hostel neglected and very ugly

Dingle Gate was one of our favourite hostels in Ireland. The location is only convenient if you have a car but is amazing if you are looking for a quiet night away from large towns. The hotel is extremely clean and Brian was very accommodating.

This is a really chill place, a bit out of Dingle, thus it would be more convenient if you have your own transport. All in all, a neat place to stay.

Best hostel I've been to in Ireland, Brian seemed run off his feet but was lovely and accomodating to everybody!

Very relaxed fun place to stay!

• 6th Aug 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

Very easy going place. Brian is a great fellah, he passed me on some terrific recommendations for attractions around the area. The hostel is close by a village that I can recommend is good to visit for a night out if you don't feel like going all the way to Dingle.

We had a great stay

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Portugal

the only downside to this hostel is the location if you don't have a car it's a bit difficult to get around. Other than that, it is a lovely little place with everything you could need. be sure to bring cash as there is no CC machine. Brian is a great host and worth talking to as he has some good stories! I recommend Dingle Gate.

Oh my where do I even begin? 1. The location is INCREDIBLE - yes you have to walk a little ways from the town Dingle to the hostel but it is a pleasant and quick stroll! I'm sorry but you can't visit the beautiful "walking county" of Kerry and not walk. Say hello to the adorable sheep along the road :) 2. I suspect parts of my room had just been redone, the tile in the bathroom looked very new! The room, living area, and kitchen were all amazingly clean 3. The breakfast provided was good!

• 22nd Jul 2015

We had a very nice stay at Dingle Gate Hostel. Would come back =)

• 22nd Jul 2015

The owner was so friendly! Really nice place to visit Dingle Peninsula!

Great quiet spot and very friendly owner! A bit far far from Dingle town, but a very nice place! Would return!

I found it to be extremely smelly and would not stay there ever again

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Lithuania

We only stayed here for one night, but I could've stayed here for a year! Brian was really helpful and great craic. I still don't know how he does it! I spent about 3 hours petting different animals, which is almost like a free therapeutic session. This is a brilliant place to stay when you want to explore the Ring of Kerrry, or just want to stay in a hostel that's still values the personal approach! Thanks for everything!

• 17th Jul 2015

Another great stay at the Dingle gate Hostel! I visited with my three sons and had a great time as ever and absolutely love Dingle Gate Hostel. Great facilities for kids with a games room, good wifi, TV (all essential when the weather isn't great) and plenty of space for them to run around. The hostel is clean, tidy, well provided for and very well maintained, and the owner Brian is 100% sound and would do anything to make your stay as comfortable and convenient as possible. Highly recommend it!

• 16th Jul 2015

We were tired and looking for places less touristic and luckily we booked rooms in Dingle Gate Hostel! The location is beautiful (if you are lookig for breath-choking views!). The rooms were clean, warm and pretty big. The toilet and shower were clean and hot water was present! Brian was great! He held his own regarding to the Hostel and he also went to lengths to help us out more! Thanks for the fire, Brian!

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Estonia

The front door to the place has no lock; only the rooms and they use skeleton keys. if you are sightseeing in Dingle the only way into town is to drive, bus or taxi (25 to 30 euro one way by taxi). Brian is a great guy and treats people very good. It feels a little run-down but the beds are comfy enough. Free breakfast and no real checkout time so you can leave as you please. Place needs a little TLC.