Dingle Gate Hostel - Dingle Peninsula Reviews

The Mall, Annascaul, Dingle, Ireland

Good value for money for a clean room to rest my head for a night. The place was close to village and the owner was very welcoming; he even accompanied me to the village and introduced me to some locals at the pub. Bonus, there are goats on the land that I got to pet and photograph.

• 8th Jun 2015

Had a fabulous stay. The Hostel is well situated, a nice hideout! Shop and Pubs can be found in Anascaul, 3 minutes away by car.Had a double bed room, very clean, bed was comfy. Hostel has a nice lounge and kitchen for cooking. When i arrived, i had a warm welcome from Brian, the Owner and there was help at any time if needed.Thanks a lot for that :) Dingle Gate is perfect for exploring the Dingle peninsula, or hanging around at the nearby beaches. I`ve been in a lot hostels, this one is awesome

• 5th Jun 2015

The showers were cold, the door handle of our room refused to open from the inside in the morning so we had to escape through the window.

How's it going there Paul, Brian here. The hot water for the showers is always on so I am not sure what was not working for you there. I didn't know the lock was not working until I saw your review. You should have let me know and I would have changed the lock. It is changed now. All the best Brian

Brian was amazing and was willing to help when he could. It's amazing to see what he has done to remodel the place and I'm wanting to return in a few years to see the end product. Definitely worth the money and the time!

• 29th May 2015

Brian the owner is nice, humble friendly helpful apologised for our room in the hostel still being as bit of a work in progress - room was a bit bare & could use a womanly touch! loved seeing the goats, chickens & strutting cockerel in the morning. Big perk was proximity, 2km?, from the famous South Pole Inn, we spent a cosy, very atmospheric 2 evenings absorbed in the photos & polar books, & drinking Tom Crean beer. DG suited us as we prefer a rurual location & was easy access for Dingle.

• 25th May 2015
  • Scotland

great place the owner Brian was very helpful, also good fishing

• 11th Apr 2015

I have stayed in a lot of hostels over the years and i have to say without a doubt that the Dingle Gate hostel is one of the best, The owner and operator Brian made us feel very welcome the second we arrived, nothing is rushed and we settled in to our private room which was very homely and warm, The nicest hostel bed i've ever slept on, The room had its own onsuite toilet and shower. Brian's hospitality made our weekend very enjoyable, Perfect for Surfers hikers and anyone that wants to getaway

Such an awesome hostel! Brian is incredibly lovely and helpful and goes out of his way to make sure you are comfortable and happy. Best of luck Brian for the future :)

It was really cold as the heaters were only on at night.

Nice location. Hostel had everything we needed.