Dingo Moon Lodge Reviews

88 Mitchell Street, Darwin, Australia

Good location, friendly staff. However, there should be stricter policy on the use of the kitchen. These young holiday makers don't seem to realise that they are not the only users of the kitchen. They tended not to clean the utensils until they finished their long meals. Also, to me, most of the kitchen utensils,e.g. spatulas, frying pans, were in horrific condition. Butter melted all over the place.

Pros; Location nice and quiet a little bit further up Mitchell Street, but walkable. Free breakfast, great kitchen, free laundry, pretty quiet after 11pm on most nights. Nice pool and lots of outdoor seating Cons; Lots of people staying there are on working holidays; there are definitely people staying there for long periods of time whilst they work in Darwin and they are quite clichey. All the rooms open to the outside and all the facilities are outside, so bring mozzie repellent! No lockers.

Located close to many things, but far enough from the nightlife in Mitchell St to be quieter at night. The one receptionist I dealt with was friendly and helpful, but didn't know all the answers to my questions (but she was obviously here on a working holiday visa). For Oz, it's a bit pricey, but then everything in Darwin is expensive! It had all the expected facilities, but they were nothing special, though it definitely needs some lockers or similar for safekeeping of your belongings.

The room was too small and the beds was too close to each other. The bathrooms and the showers were not cleaned so often. The staff was no professional, formed mostly by guys that worked there to have freee accomodation. The preparation of the breakfast and the beginning of the cleaning over all during the weekend were in delay because the night before all the guys had been drinking. Before paying I asked if there was wi-fi and the staff said yes without specifying who was paying.

I was supposed to check in late but when I arrived at 3 am there was no key in the box. So I had to sleep on a table in the computer room until 6.:30 . At 6.45 the receptionist was not even sorry when she arrived. Apart from this experience I was happy with the rest of the staff. Free breakfast and laundry which is pretty nice and convenient. Cool and quiet place , I would recommend.

Good strong shower - but no hot water in evening Free breakfast - But not available before 7am even if a tour booked with the hostel which leaves @ 7am. Il explain: I booked a tour that was leaving @ 7am, knowing breakfast started @ 7am I clarified with reception whilst booking the tour if it was possible to grab something quick before heading off. The Young girl agreed it would be no problem. Come down at 650am next morning another girl said a very rude & blunt NO BREAKFAST BEFORE 7am. Nice!

The hostel was good, I have no complaints about the Dingo Moon. Staff was nice and bathrooms were clean. It was nice to be able to use the kitchen and prepare my own food. It was nice to have free laundry facilities and breakfast included also.

Terrible experience! Booked for 2 beds.b4 arriving, i called dingo and informed I am arriving w/ my children b4 5pm. When we arrive, d lady said I cannot share my bed with my son so I said I will get 3 beds and pay. Then she said, sorry but there's only 2 beds available. So I said, " ok I will take 2 beds so me and my daughter will stay at dingo,my son will go with his dad and stay at his friends place".Then the lady said, sorry but we don't accomodate a child here.we left and found out they

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Philippines

We do not accommodate children in dorm rooms, however, had you exercised better planning with your booking, we would have been able to accommodate you in a private room. Rather than assuming a hostel's policy on children, it would have been in your best interest to plan ahead.

Showers and toilets were filthy. I ended up showering at the recreation pool. Kitchen was also dirty but not as bad. On Thursday night there was noise till 2.00 am Would never recommended it.

Showers and toilets are cleaned twice daily and Kitchen is cleaned twice daily with hourly checks. If you thought there was a problem why did you not let reception know and we could have helped. You failed to mention the free breakfast that you ate every morning and free washing facilities.

Nice place in Darwin with very friendly staff especially the front desk staff who were very helpful at organizing tours etc. The 4-bed room was very small and the other people seemed to be long term occupiers as they were on one - year work visas and looking for work or working in Darwin. They had so much luggage it was hard to get in the room. Also, the top bunk had no railing so if one rolled over in one's sleep it could be dangerous drop to the hard floor below. Overall a nice place to stay.

This hostel was a good place to stop for a couple of nights. I don't think the wifi is much good but the free laundry is a great bonus. The room was clean however everyone just dumped their stuff in the middle of the floor because there is no wall space or storage. Some of the mattresses could do with replacing soon as there's little padding. I really enjoyed my tour of Litchfield National Park which I booked through the hostel with Litchfield Escapes, Damien is very friendly and knowledgeable.

Breakfast and laundry is included 👍 Best Hostel in Darwin!

This place is for long term people working in and around Darwin and havent secured a place to live. There is one caretaker that cleans all day long but most of people there are ..Well messy would be putting it nicely. Our first night we were placed in a dorm near the street with 2 long term "residents" .... There was no where to place our stuff and it was dirty as you can't clean when people don't pick up their stuff. No staff stay after 6:30pm so be prepared for late night loud parties.

• 29th Apr 2015