Dingo Moon Lodge Reviews

88 Mitchell Street, Darwin, Australia

Really nice hostel. Friendly and helpful staff. Great location. Excellent breakfast. Nice swimming pool and air con (really important things in Darwin's weather). Although the toilets are cleaning daily, they still look a little bit dirty.

• 21st Nov 2014

Excellent hostel! Really has everything you need and it's close to the city so your out of the busy bit, but not too far from it to be a part of it! I wish I had had longer a longer stay! The girls at the front desk were very helpful with airport transfers and tours, although I did leave some food in the staff fridge (as instructed) for one of the guys in my room that they were to tell him about and it never got to him. I suspect it was taken by the staff, but whatever, what goes around...

Pleasant, good value-for-money hostel in the center of Darwin. The place mostly caters to backpackers, so the rooms and especially facilities are very basic. Moreover, I was missing lockers and free wifi (there is wifi for $5/day, but it is often painfully slow). On the plus side though, it seems to attract fewer party people than other hostels in the area and sports a really nice outdoor living area and pool. All in all, I would stay there again.

40dollars deposit is a bit much, but you will get it back. No deposit on kitchen stuff. Pool is nice! One staff member was a bit grumpy and not very helpful with our shuttle bus to the airport.

Hostel was OK in my opinion. Receptionist wasn't overly warm or friendly. $5 for towel rental seems a bit steep. At least there was A/C in the room though it wasn't very strong. Saving grace of my stay here was that I was put in a room with 3 really cool girls. Would have been nice to have some kind of locker in the dorm rooms to store our belongings/valuables. Location was fairly central but seemed a bit dodgy late at night as the street isn't super well-lit. Overall, just OK.

Was apprehensive about coming here due to the average review but had a great time here! Breakfast was really good, AC was always blasting in our rooms (you'll need it), pool was awesome! Only thing I'd recommend is lockers somewhere for bags but no one had a problem with stuff going missing. Staff was good too, they left me a map to my room and put a bed aside for me for my very late check in. Location is great too, 10 min walk from CBD and 20 min walk from Mindil Beach! I'd stay here again.

Awesome hostel easily the nicest i have stayed in, super clean, amazing breakfast, free laundry, comfy beds, swimming pool, and a really nice chilled out atmosphere. Not the place to go if you want to run around the corridors getting drunk and screaming, but thats why i loved it.

Really good hostel. Great location. Having breakfast included in the price was really good too - decent breakfast, with lots to choose from. They advertise as having free laundry but you have to pay for the detergent so it's not really free but you can buy detergent from reception at a cheap price. The rooms were really clean as were the toilets and showers. The hostel had such a laid back, chilled vibe which we really liked. We would definitely stay again. I highly recommend this place!

The hostel is not that big so it is really quiet - no music at night! The staffs are always happy to help, the rooms are clean and also the shower and toilet. Free washing!! Only five minutes walk to the shopping center! Would definitely come back!!

• 2nd Oct 2014

I wanted to take the time to thank the staff at the Dingo who made my time there as enjoyable as it was - and particularly (a) giving me very clear directions of what to do when I arrived very late and (b) helping me with accessing the storage room when I went on a tour! I also greatly appreciated the clean kitchen area! The only recommendation is that juice be refilled - or 2 jugs put out - in the morning. It always ran out by the time I arrived and I never was able to get any :-(

I love dingo's, my third time back. What is expected at a hostel and the atmosphere is always great and few minutes walk to the shops and bars. Good to be back :)

• 23rd Sep 2014

Thank you Kelly for taking the time to leave a review! We always appreciate returning guests :)

If you don't want a party hostel, stay here. Not much choice in Darwin, and this is probably one of the better ones. Though watch out for the cooking facilities, burns galore!

Breakfast was good, plenty of choice in the cereal department. The room keys aren't made of gold but the deposit is $40! Room was a bit pokey and mattress felt like a sponge.

Fantastic late night check in. You don't need to deal with anyone, hostel sends you information regarding late arrivals and it was SUPER easy. Paid when I left the next day, no dramas. I left quite early the next day so didn't have time to inspect the premises and amenities but the cleaning staff had just finished the toilets and they were SPOTLESS! Not sure if I got them on a good day but I really couldn't believe how good of a job was done. I would stay again :)

The hostel is in quite good location, but the room was really small and not cousy. All the linens were worned out. Bathrooms could be cleaner. We stayed there for 1 night and that was fine, but if you are planning to stay longer, take into account, that it is quite loud and buzzu. The staff was good and free breakfast I aprriciated as well.

Lovely hostel, fabulous staff and guests.

• 3rd Sep 2014

The no noise rule after 11 pm needs to be enforced, maybe with video surveillance cameras.

• 1st Sep 2014

In my opinion it's a litle on the expensive side, but otherwise this is a good hostel. Staff is very friendly, WiFi quite decent by Australian standards. Small complaint: the air conditioning was making an awful lot of noise, but switching it off turns the room into a sauna.

There was nowhere to store valuables, also no storage lockers to put your stuff so peoples backpacks/bags/suitcases where in the middle of the room, very easy to trip over! Didn't think any of the staff where particular helpful, especially when some property of my went missing there attitude was very bad! No caring at all! A lot of people stuck together so it was hard to make friends and hangout with people and I'm a very friendly/ easy-going person who's never had any issues in past hostels!

Nice hostel, quite small and close to the city center. Free breakfast with a big range of cereals and jams, muffins and croissants. Quite expensive, but that's probably because Darwin. Nice pool, comfortable beds and staff is helpful. I had a lot of nice people around, very good atmosphere.