Dingo Moon Lodge Reviews

88 Mitchell Street, Darwin, Australia

Nice place in Darwin with very friendly staff especially the front desk staff who were very helpful at organizing tours etc. The 4-bed room was very small and the other people seemed to be long term occupiers as they were on one - year work visas and looking for work or working in Darwin. They had so much luggage it was hard to get in the room. Also, the top bunk had no railing so if one rolled over in one's sleep it could be dangerous drop to the hard floor below. Overall a nice place to stay.

This hostel was a good place to stop for a couple of nights. I don't think the wifi is much good but the free laundry is a great bonus. The room was clean however everyone just dumped their stuff in the middle of the floor because there is no wall space or storage. Some of the mattresses could do with replacing soon as there's little padding. I really enjoyed my tour of Litchfield National Park which I booked through the hostel with Litchfield Escapes, Damien is very friendly and knowledgeable.

Breakfast and laundry is included 👍 Best Hostel in Darwin!

This place is for long term people working in and around Darwin and havent secured a place to live. There is one caretaker that cleans all day long but most of people there are ..Well messy would be putting it nicely. Our first night we were placed in a dorm near the street with 2 long term "residents" .... There was no where to place our stuff and it was dirty as you can't clean when people don't pick up their stuff. No staff stay after 6:30pm so be prepared for late night loud parties.

• 29th Apr 2015

Atmosphere was really good! Pool area was amazing and free laudry was great. No ladders in beds which was really annoying. Bathrooms and showers were clean but really steamy when going there after someone else. Otherwise pretty happy for my visit altought lockers in the rooms would have been nice.

One member of staff gets up early everyday to clean up. Unfortunately the people who stay there have no regard for cleanliness and by 10 am it is filthy again.

Good location, easy to get to from the airport. Bed sheets were nasty, found some pubes in my bed. But staff were very helpful. Someone was viciously vomiting and screaming outside of my room in the middle of the night and nobody did anything about it. Did not really feel safe. Bathrooms were clean. Probably would not go back.

Good location, great for cheap nights! Aircon is pumping, pool is good. Security a bit lacking with no gear lockers. Not a bad place to at all!

Nice Pool and very good breakfast. Staff did a good Job. Party at Nights - Nobody cares

Dingo moon lodge is very cosy en relaxed. I've enjoyed my stay there a lot! Een fijn hostel om in te verblijven!

• 7th Mar 2015

One of the better hostels I've stayed in for sure. Others reviews I read said that the staff weren't very friendly, and I'd say that was true. They weren't the best, but they were helpful enough in booking a tour of Litchfield for me. Their slight douchiness wasn't a deal breaker, and overall, the experience was good there.

I'm glad you had a great time at Dingo Moon Lodge. I'm sorry that you feel as though the staff were "slightly douchy". We certainly pride ourselves on being a small, chilled out hostel with easygoing and fair staff. Might I remind you that you checked out half an hour after check out time and, as a courtesy to you, none of your deposit was kept. This is an irregular occurrence for hostels in Australia. It's a wonder that you think these actions are "douchy".

Great location, 5 mins walk from shops/bars, very helpful staff with booking tours etc, good breakfast - good times

Free laundry after 2PM and free breakfast!!