Dingo Moon Lodge Reviews

88 Mitchell Street, Darwin, Australia

Atmosphere was really good! Pool area was amazing and free laudry was great. No ladders in beds which was really annoying. Bathrooms and showers were clean but really steamy when going there after someone else. Otherwise pretty happy for my visit altought lockers in the rooms would have been nice.

One member of staff gets up early everyday to clean up. Unfortunately the people who stay there have no regard for cleanliness and by 10 am it is filthy again.

Good location, easy to get to from the airport. Bed sheets were nasty, found some pubes in my bed. But staff were very helpful. Someone was viciously vomiting and screaming outside of my room in the middle of the night and nobody did anything about it. Did not really feel safe. Bathrooms were clean. Probably would not go back.

Good location, great for cheap nights! Aircon is pumping, pool is good. Security a bit lacking with no gear lockers. Not a bad place to at all!

Nice Pool and very good breakfast. Staff did a good Job. Party at Nights - Nobody cares

Dingo moon lodge is very cosy en relaxed. I've enjoyed my stay there a lot! Een fijn hostel om in te verblijven!

• 7th Mar 2015

One of the better hostels I've stayed in for sure. Others reviews I read said that the staff weren't very friendly, and I'd say that was true. They weren't the best, but they were helpful enough in booking a tour of Litchfield for me. Their slight douchiness wasn't a deal breaker, and overall, the experience was good there.

I'm glad you had a great time at Dingo Moon Lodge. I'm sorry that you feel as though the staff were "slightly douchy". We certainly pride ourselves on being a small, chilled out hostel with easygoing and fair staff. Might I remind you that you checked out half an hour after check out time and, as a courtesy to you, none of your deposit was kept. This is an irregular occurrence for hostels in Australia. It's a wonder that you think these actions are "douchy".

Great location, 5 mins walk from shops/bars, very helpful staff with booking tours etc, good breakfast - good times

Free laundry after 2PM and free breakfast!!

Good and clean hostel with a very nice breakfast and clean pool. The staff is not really friendly and happy to work over there. Location is good and quiet.

I stayed in a number of hostels on Mitchell Street with some of the national park tours I did. This was by far the best. Much smaller and more intimate than the others, with a great kitchen area with huge fridges and plenty of plates etc. The breakfast is one of the best you'll ever get at a hostel. Nice pool and plenty of places to gather and meet the other backpackers. My room was a little cramped and the mattress was in desperate need of replacing but I would still go back for sure.

Really nice hostel. Friendly and helpful staff. Great location. Excellent breakfast. Nice swimming pool and air con (really important things in Darwin's weather). Although the toilets are cleaning daily, they still look a little bit dirty.

• 21st Nov 2014

Excellent hostel! Really has everything you need and it's close to the city so your out of the busy bit, but not too far from it to be a part of it! I wish I had had longer a longer stay! The girls at the front desk were very helpful with airport transfers and tours, although I did leave some food in the staff fridge (as instructed) for one of the guys in my room that they were to tell him about and it never got to him. I suspect it was taken by the staff, but whatever, what goes around...