Dingo Moon Lodge Reviews

88 Mitchell Street, Darwin, Australia

Was apprehensive about coming here due to the average review but had a great time here! Breakfast was really good, AC was always blasting in our rooms (you'll need it), pool was awesome! Only thing I'd recommend is lockers somewhere for bags but no one had a problem with stuff going missing. Staff was good too, they left me a map to my room and put a bed aside for me for my very late check in. Location is great too, 10 min walk from CBD and 20 min walk from Mindil Beach! I'd stay here again.

Really good hostel. Great location. Having breakfast included in the price was really good too - decent breakfast, with lots to choose from. They advertise as having free laundry but you have to pay for the detergent so it's not really free but you can buy detergent from reception at a cheap price. The rooms were really clean as were the toilets and showers. The hostel had such a laid back, chilled vibe which we really liked. We would definitely stay again. I highly recommend this place!

The hostel is not that big so it is really quiet - no music at night! The staffs are always happy to help, the rooms are clean and also the shower and toilet. Free washing!! Only five minutes walk to the shopping center! Would definitely come back!!

• 2nd Oct 2014

I wanted to take the time to thank the staff at the Dingo who made my time there as enjoyable as it was - and particularly (a) giving me very clear directions of what to do when I arrived very late and (b) helping me with accessing the storage room when I went on a tour! I also greatly appreciated the clean kitchen area! The only recommendation is that juice be refilled - or 2 jugs put out - in the morning. It always ran out by the time I arrived and I never was able to get any :-(

I love dingo's, my third time back. What is expected at a hostel and the atmosphere is always great and few minutes walk to the shops and bars. Good to be back :)

• 23rd Sep 2014

If you don't want a party hostel, stay here. Not much choice in Darwin, and this is probably one of the better ones. Though watch out for the cooking facilities, burns galore!

Breakfast was good, plenty of choice in the cereal department. The room keys aren't made of gold but the deposit is $40! Room was a bit pokey and mattress felt like a sponge.

Fantastic late night check in. You don't need to deal with anyone, hostel sends you information regarding late arrivals and it was SUPER easy. Paid when I left the next day, no dramas. I left quite early the next day so didn't have time to inspect the premises and amenities but the cleaning staff had just finished the toilets and they were SPOTLESS! Not sure if I got them on a good day but I really couldn't believe how good of a job was done. I would stay again :)

The hostel is in quite good location, but the room was really small and not cousy. All the linens were worned out. Bathrooms could be cleaner. We stayed there for 1 night and that was fine, but if you are planning to stay longer, take into account, that it is quite loud and buzzu. The staff was good and free breakfast I aprriciated as well.

Lovely hostel, fabulous staff and guests.

• 3rd Sep 2014

The no noise rule after 11 pm needs to be enforced, maybe with video surveillance cameras.

• 1st Sep 2014

In my opinion it's a litle on the expensive side, but otherwise this is a good hostel. Staff is very friendly, WiFi quite decent by Australian standards. Small complaint: the air conditioning was making an awful lot of noise, but switching it off turns the room into a sauna.

There was nowhere to store valuables, also no storage lockers to put your stuff so peoples backpacks/bags/suitcases where in the middle of the room, very easy to trip over! Didn't think any of the staff where particular helpful, especially when some property of my went missing there attitude was very bad! No caring at all! A lot of people stuck together so it was hard to make friends and hangout with people and I'm a very friendly/ easy-going person who's never had any issues in past hostels!

Nice hostel, quite small and close to the city center. Free breakfast with a big range of cereals and jams, muffins and croissants. Quite expensive, but that's probably because Darwin. Nice pool, comfortable beds and staff is helpful. I had a lot of nice people around, very good atmosphere.

Few good and a few bad points about dingo. Staff friendly enough, location is superb - close enough whilst remaining quiet. Good free breakfast too and a nice pool. However, beds were very spongy, not in an uncomfortable way, just not great. Also on the day of leaving, you have to be out by 4, or you can't get your key deposit. We were told this at 3:50 despite having booked a taxi for 6 earlier in the day!

Definitive the best hostel in Darwin, when you're searching a quite place with good atmosphere. The breakfast was a big surprise, a wide choice of products. Just the stuff is a bit unrelaxed...

Whilst staying at the hostel I had food stolen from the fridge even though it was named and dated, more annoyingly I had the majority of my clothes stolen from my room. I know this isn't the hostels fault but providing lockers in the room would help prevent this. I won't be staying here again. Over all the hostel didn't have anything to offer and the inmates were all very cliquey! Disappointed

This hostel has a nice atmosphere. Showers and toilets were cleaned properly, which was good. Free breakfast was okay. Mainly bread and spreads and cereals. There were some donuts and croissants, but they only had about 12 of each for all the guests, so it's easy to miss out on these. Rooms are basic. I only received a clean upper sheet. Pillowcase and lower sheet were already slept on by someone else. Would be nice if these could be changed for each new guest.

Very strange comments, clean sheets are provided for every guest, unless you took a bed that belonged to another guest already staying. Housekeeping make the beds ready for your arrival so that you don't have any inconvenience. Breakfast is complimentary and we wonder why people like you don't just say "thank you" for the effort that we make, instead you complain and spoil it for future guests. We would like to know what other hostel in Australia provides these products as part of your stay.

The pool is great and a nice place to hang out. Location is on the Main Street, 5 minutes walk to the major bars and restaurants. Showers are fine and kitchen has plenty of pans and utensils. Staff were great with all requests, and with booking tours. Can't complain really. A bit pricey but it seems like everywhere else in town is too. I think this hostel has a more relaxed vibe than the others on the street from what I had heard.

The hostel was nice and the pool looked really good! They do have quite a hard policy about leaving the hostel and to bring non staying people in the hostel. So if your flight is really late as mine was, make sure to find something to do and where to put the bag.