Dingo Moon Lodge Reviews

88 Mitchell Street, Darwin, Australia

The hostel is in quite good location, but the room was really small and not cousy. All the linens were worned out. Bathrooms could be cleaner. We stayed there for 1 night and that was fine, but if you are planning to stay longer, take into account, that it is quite loud and buzzu. The staff was good and free breakfast I aprriciated as well.

Lovely hostel, fabulous staff and guests.

• 3rd Sep 2014

The no noise rule after 11 pm needs to be enforced, maybe with video surveillance cameras.

• 1st Sep 2014

In my opinion it's a litle on the expensive side, but otherwise this is a good hostel. Staff is very friendly, WiFi quite decent by Australian standards. Small complaint: the air conditioning was making an awful lot of noise, but switching it off turns the room into a sauna.

There was nowhere to store valuables, also no storage lockers to put your stuff so peoples backpacks/bags/suitcases where in the middle of the room, very easy to trip over! Didn't think any of the staff where particular helpful, especially when some property of my went missing there attitude was very bad! No caring at all! A lot of people stuck together so it was hard to make friends and hangout with people and I'm a very friendly/ easy-going person who's never had any issues in past hostels!

Nice hostel, quite small and close to the city center. Free breakfast with a big range of cereals and jams, muffins and croissants. Quite expensive, but that's probably because Darwin. Nice pool, comfortable beds and staff is helpful. I had a lot of nice people around, very good atmosphere.

Few good and a few bad points about dingo. Staff friendly enough, location is superb - close enough whilst remaining quiet. Good free breakfast too and a nice pool. However, beds were very spongy, not in an uncomfortable way, just not great. Also on the day of leaving, you have to be out by 4, or you can't get your key deposit. We were told this at 3:50 despite having booked a taxi for 6 earlier in the day!

Definitive the best hostel in Darwin, when you're searching a quite place with good atmosphere. The breakfast was a big surprise, a wide choice of products. Just the stuff is a bit unrelaxed...

I stayed in this hostel for one night. I was alone and coming from Melaleuca, down the same street. The truth is that it was much smaller and it felt less stressing and more like a family environment. However they only had two bathrooms for a bunch of rooms and you would maybe have to wait by the swimming pool till one gets free. The best thing was the free breakfast, and I also appreciated the swimming pool (it can get really hot in Darwin), so I guess the higher price was justified.

Whilst staying at the hostel I had food stolen from the fridge even though it was named and dated, more annoyingly I had the majority of my clothes stolen from my room. I know this isn't the hostels fault but providing lockers in the room would help prevent this. I won't be staying here again. Over all the hostel didn't have anything to offer and the inmates were all very cliquey! Disappointed

This hostel has a nice atmosphere. Showers and toilets were cleaned properly, which was good. Free breakfast was okay. Mainly bread and spreads and cereals. There were some donuts and croissants, but they only had about 12 of each for all the guests, so it's easy to miss out on these. Rooms are basic. I only received a clean upper sheet. Pillowcase and lower sheet were already slept on by someone else. Would be nice if these could be changed for each new guest.

Very strange comments, clean sheets are provided for every guest, unless you took a bed that belonged to another guest already staying. Housekeeping make the beds ready for your arrival so that you don't have any inconvenience. Breakfast is complimentary and we wonder why people like you don't just say "thank you" for the effort that we make, instead you complain and spoil it for future guests. We would like to know what other hostel in Australia provides these products as part of your stay.

The pool is great and a nice place to hang out. Location is on the Main Street, 5 minutes walk to the major bars and restaurants. Showers are fine and kitchen has plenty of pans and utensils. Staff were great with all requests, and with booking tours. Can't complain really. A bit pricey but it seems like everywhere else in town is too. I think this hostel has a more relaxed vibe than the others on the street from what I had heard.

1 2 Next » last »