Dink's Place Reviews

Ive Roića 5, Hvar, Croatia

I stayed in the 6 person apt and loved it! Dink is a great host. The place is clean, the beds are comfy and it's just a shirt walk i to town or to the beach. Awesome atmosphere. Friendly staff who go out of their way to help you. Great stay. No negatives. Thanks for a great stay!

Loved this little oasis, would definitely return next Summer with friends. Dink really took the time to welcome guests and go through all the features of the city. The walk from the ferry was a good work out too, I needed it! Staff were all kind and helped create a fun environment! Appreciated the efforts in going beyond the call of duty to help guests too. Thank - you :-)

Great location, short walk from main town, beach/supermarket nearby. Easy to meet other travellers and good bbq!

Dink's place was awesome! If Papa Dink offers up a barbeque snag a spot. Best food I had in Croatia! Wish all hostels were as great as this one.

Amazing hostel! Definitely in the top 3 that I've been to (out of >50hostels 8-P). Dink is a legend croat and sits you down and gives you the town tour at the start, his dads BBQ is delicious, the pub crawl guys are the best and I had an amazing time. The social atmosphere in the hostel is perfect, you can meet heaps of like minded people but quiet time is strictly enforced from 1030pm which is superb for those who like to enjoy their morning and sleep well. Thank you Dink..you're a gem! =)

I can't think of a better all-round hostel than this in Hvar. Dink is fun, friendly and very helpful. There is a supermarket just round the corner, but the walk to town takes ten minutes downhill, fifteen back uphill - not so much fun in the summer months. There is an excellent pebble beach fifteen minutes in the other direction. Great atmosphere, very laid back, pub crawl option every evening. Don't miss out on Papa Dink's barbeque if he offers it while you're there! Highly recommended.

I had a really great stay at Dinks Place! Dink is a great host, all of the staff are super friendly, and the rooms are well looked after. The hostel is about a 5-10 minute walk from Hvar main port and right near a supermarket. I got stuck on Hvar and had to stay an extra night Dink found an extra bed for me even though I hadn't booked and the hostel was full! I would highly recommend Dinks Place to anyone visiting Hvar.

Booked this hostel last-minute - it was very easy to find, the staff were friendly and helpful and recommended a nice fish restaurant. The hostel was popular with people attending the pub crawl and the atmosphere was good. Would recommend!

Great place to stay for a fun time in Hvar!

Absolutely wonderful hostel - such friendly and fun staff. There was a delicious BBQ one night, including wine/beer. Such an easy place to make friends. Definitely the best hostel in Hvar!

Dink's hostel is definitely the hostel to stay in Hvar. Dink is very cool, and papa Dink makes the most original potato salad. Stephanie, the girl who takes out to the pub crawl, is awesome. It is close to the super market, and to Lungo Mare, one of the best restaurant in Croatia. It's also quite close to a very beautiful (rocks) beach. We liked it so much that we came back one week later instead of staying in Split. If you're lookinng for a family party hostel, you have to go there!

I had an amazing time in Dinks Place! The hostel is very well located, just 10min by walk to the center. Dinko, the manager, is very welcoming from the beginning and will give you many advices about what to do, where to go, where to eat in Hvar during your check-in which is very nice from him. The staff will always call you by your name, you can feel at home very easily. The most nicest beach of Hvar city is just about 10-15min from the hostel... A small paradise. I'll definetely be back :)

Dinks Place was so much fun to stay in. It has a nice family type atmosphere and all the staff and other guests were nice and friendly. It suits both people who want to party (as they take part in the town pub crawl each night) and those who want to stay in (as they have a no noise after 10.30pm policy).

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

This hostel is an amazing place to stay, it is so sociable, the staff are the loveliest people, they organise BBQs and boat trips for you! Air con at night is a godsend, as are the super comfortable beds. I felt so welcome and at home, I stayed for 6 nights & did not want to leave! It is just so chilled out & welcoming, everyone that stays there becomes friends straight away. A great experience, I cannot wait to go back next year! Thank you!! :)

A very good place to meet people. Staff are really helpful and friendly. Overall a really good experience.

Great hostel and fantastic hosts - would definitely recommend.

This hostel is super cute and only a 5 to 10 min walk from the main town. It is up a smallish hill but we didnt mind since when you leave you get to walk down. Dink and his family are awesome and make sure everyone has something to do each night, while keeping the hostel clean, safe and quiet (past certain hours). We really enjoyed our time here and loved loved Hvar. Our suite also had a balcony overlooking the sea...probably a nicer view than a lot of the hotels in hvar. Well worth the price!

We had a blast at Dink's Place! Dink gave us some great ideas of where we should go and what we should do that made our time in Hvar that much better. I would definitely recommend staying at Dink's Place! Overall it was a great place to stay - clean, fun and the staff was amazing!

The owner is excellent! He gives you all the info you need to know, and would help you to get the must out of your stay! Loacation, little bit uphill from the center.

• 9th Jul 2014