Dink's Place Reviews

Ive Roića 5, Hvar, Croatia

I loved my stay at this hostel! Great facilities, location, atmosphere, everything really!! Dink and his father were soo helpful and wonderful! Was an absolutely amazing stay! would not hesitate to go back!!

• 29th Sep 2013

Dink & his father were very helpful and told us all about what is to be seen in Hvar and everything in the hostel was fine. The hostel is a little bit out from the centre so it was a little bit of walk uphill with our bags!

• 27th Sep 2013

I stayed here a extra week great place Dinks and his Dad were assume rooms were great good size clean theres a brillant outdoor area and kitchen Will def stay here again.

The Dink's were very helpful, showed me places to go on the map, told me to ask at any time. The atmosphere was a bit poor when I was there, in the end of September though, but there's an outdoor area with a lot of potential to gather people, but common area closes at 11. But I think I was unlucky and I wouldn't blame Dink's.

• 20th Sep 2013
  • Sweden

Best hostel so far in our three month trip. Dink was great. Very informative and would hang out with guests. He organised a pub crawl and booze cruise. Great social atmosphere and very easy to meet people. By the end of our stay literally the whole hostel hung out together. Around 25 of us all went down to the beach at night with music and drinks during full moon. We also chartered a private boat with 9 other guests we met at the hostel. Small enough to be intimate but big enough to be fun.

REALLY GREAT HOSTEL! Stayed here for three nights, was one of my favourite places of my trip! Not particularly amazing facilities at a first glance, but REALLY friendly owners, who help you with everything, can rent bikes direct from them, pub crawl goes directly from the hostel (and is well worth the money!), supermarket is really close. Little bit out of town, but really easy walk and gave great directions so found it quite easily. Staff are what makes this place awesome!!

Great little hostel tucked away in the hills of Hvar. About a 10-15 minute walk to the old town center. Dink who I believe manages the place most of the year was away while I was there, but Peter (Papa Dink, his father) was there, super accommodating and very helpful. His english isn't great, but he is very knowledgeable about the area and will give you good recommendations. He also let us leave our bags there the day after we checked out so we could spend the day on Hvar. Definitely recommend.

Great place. Dink and his father are very friendly. Dink is knowledgable about surrounding areas and its a great place to hook up with fellow like minded people Much love to the Hvar crowd

• 6th Sep 2013

Would stay here again in a heartbeat. Dink and Papa Dink are the most welcoming and friendly hostel managers you could ask for. He'll sit you down and offer you a drink, recommend places to see / eat and party and make you feel at home instantly. Easy walk from very nice beaches, the harbour and nightlife in Hvar. Great facilities with fully equipped kitchen, wifi, well maintained bathrooms, personal lockers and big outdoor tables perfect for eating in with a view and for socialising at night.

Owner and staff are superb, and the hostel is well connected with boat cruises, pub crawls, etc. Wifi was reliable, and laundry service was adequate. Good kitchen and nice outdoor patios for socializing. Only complaint is lack of hot water if you aren't first to shower. I strongly recommend this hostel (and Dink if you're a nice lady). Will stay here when I return in the future.

I got to the hostel after a very long and expensive trip to get there. So to arrive to Dinko's smiling face and to be told its all over, you're here now was like arriving home. The hostel is kinda split into different levels of a house so even though it does accommodate alot of people there is plenty of room. Ideal place to socialise as a pub crawl is organised most nights and joins with other hostels. It is kept clean everyday. Great base for hiring a scooter and seeing Hvar Island.

• 3rd Sep 2013

Had a amazing stay at Dinks! Were very welcome and looked after greatly. Would definately recommend to anyone visiting hvar and would definately use again! Dink made our adventure that little bit more memorable and was an amazing host! Even organised excursions in the day for us!!!

Good Party Hostel. Easy to meet people

I loved my stay at Dinks Place, everybody was so kind and cool with us!! they offer pretty cool activities to do!! totally recommend to stay there and go on the boat excursion they offer.

Awesome! Dink's Place is definitely one of the best hostels I have ever stayed. Had a great time here. Staff is always very friendly, funny and up to help. Dink is a really nice guy! He sorted out the scooter renting for us as well as a boat trip with lunch and drinks included. The days were very sunny and really nice. We loved our time here! Thanks Dink's place for all! Brasileeeiro, Carioooca!

The Hostel was a really nice place to stay and the staff were very friendly to us! Location was almost as good as it could be. The only minuses were that the price was rather high and it was hard to book the hostel since it was so popular :)

• 21st Aug 2013
  • Finland

I loved Dink's Place! Dink and Papa Dink are very welcoming - after walking there in the midday sun we were given cold glasses of water, and Dink gave us annotated maps with all his favourite spots. The atmosphere is really cosy, like a family - Papa Dink cooked the whole hostel a BBQ we sat round the table drinking and went out afterwards. Location is great, the facilities are cheap and cheerful... would love to go again.

Dink's Place is great! Papa Dink even picked me up from the bus station when I arrived late at Stari Grad. They were very helpful with everything and the atmosphere in the hostel was pretty good at nights! Highly recommended.

Good place to meet other backpackers and to socialise. On the downside it is not centrally located. Despite the website saying that rooms have air con and the bathroom is shared with few rooms, we had no air con and we had to share a bathroom with a large number of people. This resulted in long waits for the bathroom and several cold showers. Decor had not changed since the 1970s. The transfer to the ferry was very expensive.

Dink was super welcoming and gave us good tips about the island of Hvar. Would definitely stay at this hostel again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6