Diocletian's Palace Hostel & Apartments Reviews

Nepotova 4, Diocletian's palace, East gate, Split, Croatia

lockers in room a bit broken, but great location and wonderful staff!

• 20th Aug 2014

Positives: Great location, nice beds, staff quite accommodating. Negatives: no common area to socialise, air con in 10 bed dorm was poor.

nice rooms with lockers for bags, except they did not have a key for our room to lock whilst sleeping. Lots of stairs to carry heavy luggage up

• 19th Aug 2014

Amazing position and structure but the cleaning so bad..unfortunately not so good for this reason..

• 11th Aug 2014

Has to be one of the worst hostels I've stayed in. They have no common room, no kitchen or facilities. The staff were very stand off-ish, and I had to wait for them to finish playing on their phones or talking to someone on it before i could talk to them. All of the luggage is kept on a balcony and there is no luggage room or anything. The only good thing is the location.

If cold showers, no common area, and being told to be quiet in the restaurant during a mild conversation is what your after then this is the place for you!!!

• 2nd Aug 2014

The location is really good. Thats the only good thing of this hostel that in appearance is very nice. I couldnt take a hot shower. The shower was really cold and i tried several times. The personal never could give a reason of why that was happening and they only would say "you have to wait". I went in different hours and never could get hot water. The toilets speccially and the rooms are not clean enougg. The service is bad in general, there is no service at all. They dont even givegood advice

Good location and thats about it. I got my MacBook stolen from a looked locker, my friend lost his Macbook, Ipad and phone from his locker, and another guy The lockers was not broken open but strangely enogh unlocked and then locked again (maybe with the spare key in reception). The reception refused to call the police. Its no keys to the dorms or the hostel and people can come and go all day and all night. Its no common rooms or kitchen, only beds and bathrooms

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Norway

Great location but really hard to find. If I hadn't of asked I would not of found it. It was also really awkward walking through the restaurant when entering and exiting the Hostel as the restaurant staff seemed to get really annoyed.... it's the only way in though!! Also on the website it says you accept euros and the local currency, but when trying to pay with euros this was not accepted, make what currency you accept CLEAR!! Beds were also not made at the time of check in!!

• 25th Jul 2014

there's no living room, no space in the rooms and someone got stolen while i was there.

Filthy rooms. No luggage storage - bags left blocking corridors, doors and stairs. No common areas or kitchen - the bar downstairs was too expensive to eat or drink in. Bathrooms were bad - smelly and dirty with Lots of locks broken and one toilet was seperated from the bathroom by a shower curtain. No hot water through our whole stay. No locking doors and people had electronics stolen from lockers. Location is great but Split is so small it's not worth it, you can walk everywhere in 20 mins.

We had booked a 4 female doorm but got mixed 14 doorm. From what we've heard it happends more often. There was no hot shower, seems there is no hot water At all, but they make it seem that it is just broken. I think there are better hostels on a good location in split

• 23rd Jul 2014

My dorm E door didn't close properly, let alone lock - but I had a big under-bed locker which fitted all my belongings in. Staff very helpful, carried my luggage upstairs, helped me find places to go, friendly people. No common area or kitchen so socialising was a bit tricky especially if people wanted to sleep, but it still had a good atmosphere. Showers went cold really quickly - I never got a hot one for my whole stay. They were kept clean though & the location was brilliant, so central!

No lock on our door, no common room, the staff was alright. Only one guy was ever very nice to me. Not super welcoming. Also, uncomfortably located above a vet nice restaurant which is kind of awkward.

Excellent location actually inside the palace. Friendly staff approach. One of the air con units was broken whilst I was staying there & with fairly dull room mates, but that was probably just poor fortune.

Terrible air con Bed slats broke everyday Only cold water showers Worst hostel ive ever stayed in Would not recommend to anyone

Stayed here for 1 night over weekend of ultra music festival- therefore hostel prices were increased compared to normal and hostel was v. busy- reception staff were overwhelmed. Someone was asleep in my bed when I arrived, so they switched me to another bed and when I opened the locker with the key I was given, someone's valuables were still in there! Staff were prompt and apologetic about the mix up though. Restaurant downstairs. No common area. No kitchen. Therefore limited opportunity to mix

Love the location as you are living in the castle/old town. Only issue is that it feels like a basement flat and as a result, there is damp. Also the shower doesn't seal properly.

Need better direction/ signs outside to find the hostel as it located through the back of the restaurant. Overall good location, security could be improved more at the entrance.

Average hostel. I've stayed in quite a few now over the last two summers in split for ultra festival. It's adequate, has lockers and is clean and pretty close to the centre. I would say to keep all your belongings locked as I had two roommates money and things go missing that they left in their beds whilst they went out at night. The security for the hostel isn't great as anyone can walk up the stairs from the street.

« first « Prev 1 2 3