Diocletian's Palace Hostel & Apartments Reviews

Nepotova 4, Diocletian's palace, East gate, Split, Croatia

My dorm E door didn't close properly, let alone lock - but I had a big under-bed locker which fitted all my belongings in. Staff very helpful, carried my luggage upstairs, helped me find places to go, friendly people. No common area or kitchen so socialising was a bit tricky especially if people wanted to sleep, but it still had a good atmosphere. Showers went cold really quickly - I never got a hot one for my whole stay. They were kept clean though & the location was brilliant, so central!

Excellent location actually inside the palace. Friendly staff approach. One of the air con units was broken whilst I was staying there & with fairly dull room mates, but that was probably just poor fortune.

Terrible air con Bed slats broke everyday Only cold water showers Worst hostel ive ever stayed in Would not recommend to anyone

Stayed here for 1 night over weekend of ultra music festival- therefore hostel prices were increased compared to normal and hostel was v. busy- reception staff were overwhelmed. Someone was asleep in my bed when I arrived, so they switched me to another bed and when I opened the locker with the key I was given, someone's valuables were still in there! Staff were prompt and apologetic about the mix up though. Restaurant downstairs. No common area. No kitchen. Therefore limited opportunity to mix

Love the location as you are living in the castle/old town. Only issue is that it feels like a basement flat and as a result, there is damp. Also the shower doesn't seal properly.

Average hostel. I've stayed in quite a few now over the last two summers in split for ultra festival. It's adequate, has lockers and is clean and pretty close to the centre. I would say to keep all your belongings locked as I had two roommates money and things go missing that they left in their beds whilst they went out at night. The security for the hostel isn't great as anyone can walk up the stairs from the street.

room was way too small for 4 people, we couldn't walk by one another. no common room to meet others staying there. on the plus side it made me get out and about as i did not enjoy spending time in my room.

Great staff and location. It was pretty pricey due to the fact Ultra Europe was going on. I wish they had locks on the doors for the dorms.

It was so hot inside, even in the night - was really hard to sleep. There is no air condition. The room for three persons was tight.

No hot water in the evening which is not great.

The place has a great location, although it can be hard to initially find. The facilities and building are also really nice. But, the staff... Not so much! When we got there, the hostel was overbooked, so we had to wait more than 1 hour to get relocated to an apt. One of the guys was really nice and helpful, bu he was the only exception. The other staff were extremely unhelpful, and kind of sarcastic. Not sure if the location makes up for the customer service..

Really liked the location and the rooms were okay. Not having a common room really sucks though. The staff was really nice and the restaurant has amazing food.

• 3rd Jul 2014

The bathroom situation lacks privacy as the showers face a busy corridor but only have curtains, no locking doors!! Some rooms have air-con that is too strong, whilst others have none at all and none of the rooms have locks on the doors which can feel a littel unsafe at night. It is really really hard to find, as it is just above a really fancy restaurant, and the sign is tiny!! Their directions need to be improved or their signposting made bigger!! Its ok, but i wouldnt return.

• 2nd Jul 2014

I had booked a bed in a female dorm and paid for it. But they gave me a bed in mixed room. Also there are no door-lock in the shared shower booth(I mean boys and girls havta share the same shower booth without door-lock and toilet) but only shower curtains. And there's no kitchen. Not happy at all.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

Staff were helpful, and our 10 bed dorm was nice and spacious, although they ended up double booking us so we had to share beds... Would probably stay here again, although was difficult to find with the directions given to us. The activities offered were good!

Cons: -THEY HAVE A BOOKING FEE! 7kn per person to add to the price. -There is no common room nor kitchen so no possibilities to meet the other travelers. -Only shower curtains in mixed common showers. -There is no free walking tour. -30% reduction on kayak price, not 50% Pros: - Excellent location. - very clean.

Location is fantastic but it was a little hard to find at first. Big dorm room with only a couple of wall outlets. Staff were not very friendly when I checked in or when I had questions later. Ran out of hot water at 5pm. Of the two showers and three toilets on my floor, a shower curtain was ripped and another toilet door was missing? This coincide with 5 very dirty girls in my dorm but this wasn't the hostel's fault. Overall the least pleasant hostel in my time of travel

This would be a good hostel if you only need to stay a night as there is no common room or kitchen which is a pain. The staff were nice and the facilities were clean although the showers were annoying as there was no shelf inside so you needed to reach outside of the shower curtain to get dressed which opens up to a big shared bathroom, not ideal.The best thing about this place is the location, so close to main area.

Excellent location inside the palace walls. Staff didn't seem to be that knowledgable about local amenities eg. Laundrette- there is one 100m away!

Clean, safe and well located hostel. The only flaw is that there is no kitchen neither a common room.