Dioskouros Reviews

6 Pittakou Street Acropolis, Plaka, Athens, Greece

Location is excellent, as it is 5 minutes away from the acropolis. It was not the dirtiest hostel ever but could have been cleaner. Moreover, we found a bedbug (just one and didn't get any bites, but...). The luggage storage did not seem to be the safest. Could invest in some real doors for the showers. Double bed private room was actually two twin beds put together. Good breakfast, though. Not a great hostel but it gets the job done.

Friendly staff. Simple breakfast. Nearby to all attractions. Wifi only in common area. I stayed in a 3-bed dorm where the room was a former toilet.

Not too far from center and sightseeing place and faility is enough. you can feel uncomfortable when you take a shower because shower room is a little bit small. But otherthings are not too bad.

Excellent location.Very helpful,friendly staff.They should provide soap in Toilet.

Great location 5mins from acropolis museum, clean and a good kitchen

• 1st Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Top location, especially for a single traveler- very safe around 24h. I met some cool people there. Price paid compared to other places around is unbeatable.The breakfast is ok too, considering that in Athens just for a coffee & a small snack you pay 5 eur, at least.

• 30th Oct 2014

Thumbs up to the staff.

Excellent location, cool Staff!! Great breakfast.

great location, walking distance to tourist areas

A charming hostel with an excellent location. The room was spacious and clean, and the included breakfast was very much appreciated. Hot water was not consistent in the shower, but that would truly be my only complaint. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

• 25th Oct 2014

Great location near the Acropolis and panathenic stadium etc, and the staff are all friendly and really helpful. Kitchen facilities are limited (just two elements), but there are heaps of spices and a good free breakfast. Thought's been put into the decor, but our bedding had some blood stains, and we also saw (and killed) what might have been a bedbug - but we didn't get any bites, so hopefully there was only one... Showers and toilets are all kept very clean, and we would stay there again.

The only thing that I like in this hostel was the location. The staff was nice too but the bathrooms are so dirty. It was disgusting to pee or take a shower there. They really need to improve the cleaning.

You get what you pay for, very run down and needs some work done.

Well I have booked this hostel because of the breakfast included and a great location. But what I found were only 2 good things: excellent location and helpful staff. Let's talk about down sides of this place. Breakfast were very poor (jam, bread and coffee). Cleanness was very poor we have found bedbugs that will leave your body covered in hideous bite marks and it is very unpleasant. They should seriously look into this problem, because you can bring bedbugs back to your home. Despite bedbugs

Nice place, 5 min walk to Zeus temple and 8 min to akropolis area... 10 min to sintagma square. Wifi not always work to rooms but in garden always works. Breakfast is ok but could be better. Its very good if you dont wanna expend that much money

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Mexico

Good place to stay, nice and central. Good outside area to hang out in. Only downside was the bathroom cleanliness - if you're not worried about that though, this place is perfect!

Awesome atmosphere, great staff and tasty breakfast. But, the cleanliness of the bathrooms left much to be desired.

A pleasant enough hostel, I would recommend it to younger friends. The management were very helpful to me, as an older person. However, through no fault of theirs, but of the hostelworld system, when I needed to move out after one night, for personal reasons, I was expected to pay for the two remaining nights I had originally booked on line, which made it the most expensive night of my whole stay in Athens. I think a little more flexibility is needed.

• 6th Oct 2014

Awesome location - super close to the Acropolis and Plaka has tons of restaurants and bars and although it's a bit more expensive because it's kind of touristy, we felt safe in the neighborhood even arriving in the middle of the night. Bathrooms were alright, breakfast pretty basic but fine, and wifi was pretty good. The staff isn't very forthcoming with unprompted information (when we checked in no one told us anything about breakfast, the space, etc.) but were helpful when asked specific ?s.

This place was amazing. I loved staying here and the atmosphere was great. It's in the middle of plaka and you can see the temple of Zeus from the street. It's a great price and the stay was wonderful. No complaints!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4