Dioskouros Reviews

6 Pittakou Street Acropolis, Plaka, Athens, Greece

Great location near the Acropolis and panathenic stadium etc, and the staff are all friendly and really helpful. Kitchen facilities are limited (just two elements), but there are heaps of spices and a good free breakfast. Thought's been put into the decor, but our bedding had some blood stains, and we also saw (and killed) what might have been a bedbug - but we didn't get any bites, so hopefully there was only one... Showers and toilets are all kept very clean, and we would stay there again.

Well I have booked this hostel because of the breakfast included and a great location. But what I found were only 2 good things: excellent location and helpful staff. Let's talk about down sides of this place. Breakfast were very poor (jam, bread and coffee). Cleanness was very poor we have found bedbugs that will leave your body covered in hideous bite marks and it is very unpleasant. They should seriously look into this problem, because you can bring bedbugs back to your home. Despite bedbugs

Nice place, 5 min walk to Zeus temple and 8 min to akropolis area... 10 min to sintagma square. Wifi not always work to rooms but in garden always works. Breakfast is ok but could be better. Its very good if you dont wanna expend that much money

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Mexico

Awesome atmosphere, great staff and tasty breakfast. But, the cleanliness of the bathrooms left much to be desired.

A pleasant enough hostel, I would recommend it to younger friends. The management were very helpful to me, as an older person. However, through no fault of theirs, but of the hostelworld system, when I needed to move out after one night, for personal reasons, I was expected to pay for the two remaining nights I had originally booked on line, which made it the most expensive night of my whole stay in Athens. I think a little more flexibility is needed.

• 6th Oct 2014

Awesome location - super close to the Acropolis and Plaka has tons of restaurants and bars and although it's a bit more expensive because it's kind of touristy, we felt safe in the neighborhood even arriving in the middle of the night. Bathrooms were alright, breakfast pretty basic but fine, and wifi was pretty good. The staff isn't very forthcoming with unprompted information (when we checked in no one told us anything about breakfast, the space, etc.) but were helpful when asked specific ?s.

This place was amazing. I loved staying here and the atmosphere was great. It's in the middle of plaka and you can see the temple of Zeus from the street. It's a great price and the stay was wonderful. No complaints!

Good place will say might want to spend some money on the showers as you have to hold shower head and had broken door. Otherwise good place.

Booked this hostel as it was fairly central and had a kitchen; however, upon arrival I discovered the kitchen was currently unavailable for whatever reason. The wifi is dreadful! It only works in the garden where you will fall victim to toxic bug's that will leave your body covered in hideous bite marks. Shower doors are well past their sell by date.

Hostel had night staff which made me feel very safe as a solo female traveler. No air conditioning in the rooms so was very hot. French toast from breakfast was an overall highlight for me. Facilities are generally pretty old but great safe location and close to Acropolis etc

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

The Staff welcomed us very friendly and was very helpful.

I was in a 4 bed dorm that only had 3 keys. I spent 2 days waiting for the others in the room to come back. Otherwise the location can't be beat.

Great location, lovely breakfast, shame the air con wasn't working.

Really good location, close to all the sights. The room we stayed in the first night had no windows and was very loud. We moved to another room which was better There was a French toast/pancake breakfast which tasted good and free coffee and tea, but they had no facilities to make your own food

All stuffs are old. Many things don't work. wi-fi is too poor. You cannot connect into room. Breakfast includes only jam, not Nutella as they said. They give something looks like chocolate but it's not Nutella :)) Exept Yola ( cleaner ) everyone looks angry. I paid for 2-8. But came about 2 pm.on September 2 and had to left 7 earlier. They did not refund my last day money. They just "sorry ". And I' m sorry for I won't choose there never again. :)

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Turkey

Good location near plaka, acropolis, restaurants, market, outdoor cinema. Main Door locked in evenings, ring bell so secure in that way but no storage in rooms. Just mutual trust. Outdoor seating area is nice, free tea coffee bread at breakfast time. When i was there it was hot! Room was sweltering as 3 of us in small space. Walls are crumbling and plaster pieces would manage to end up on my bed each night. Im told for 17e thats good value in athens but id choose somwhere else next time..

• 2nd Sep 2014

Really delicious breakfast of greek style french toast included. You're right by the acropolis which is where you want to be! Rooms were really clean, we got a private room because we were arriving so late and there was also a sink and mirror in the room. Bathrooms were old but clean.

Staff were really friendly, the location could not be better, however, it was very run down. I have not stayed is such a run-down hostel for a while. Breakfast was also not very good

• 28th Aug 2014

A very nice and colorful place in a good location.Includes basic breakfast, what is aprecciated.Helpful staff.

It was a wonderful and colorful place to stay! The staff were really friendly.

« first « Prev 1 2 3