Dioskouros Reviews

6 Pittakou Street Acropolis, Plaka, Athens, Greece

Good place will say might want to spend some money on the showers as you have to hold shower head and had broken door. Otherwise good place.

The Staff welcomed us very friendly and was very helpful.

I was in a 4 bed dorm that only had 3 keys. I spent 2 days waiting for the others in the room to come back. Otherwise the location can't be beat.

Really good location, close to all the sights. The room we stayed in the first night had no windows and was very loud. We moved to another room which was better There was a French toast/pancake breakfast which tasted good and free coffee and tea, but they had no facilities to make your own food

All stuffs are old. Many things don't work. wi-fi is too poor. You cannot connect into room. Breakfast includes only jam, not Nutella as they said. They give something looks like chocolate but it's not Nutella :)) Exept Yola ( cleaner ) everyone looks angry. I paid for 2-8. But came about 2 pm.on September 2 and had to left 7 earlier. They did not refund my last day money. They just "sorry ". And I' m sorry for I won't choose there never again. :)

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Turkey

Good location near plaka, acropolis, restaurants, market, outdoor cinema. Main Door locked in evenings, ring bell so secure in that way but no storage in rooms. Just mutual trust. Outdoor seating area is nice, free tea coffee bread at breakfast time. When i was there it was hot! Room was sweltering as 3 of us in small space. Walls are crumbling and plaster pieces would manage to end up on my bed each night. Im told for 17e thats good value in athens but id choose somwhere else next time..

• 2nd Sep 2014

Really delicious breakfast of greek style french toast included. You're right by the acropolis which is where you want to be! Rooms were really clean, we got a private room because we were arriving so late and there was also a sink and mirror in the room. Bathrooms were old but clean.

Staff were really friendly, the location could not be better, however, it was very run down. I have not stayed is such a run-down hostel for a while. Breakfast was also not very good

• 28th Aug 2014

A very nice and colorful place in a good location.Includes basic breakfast, what is aprecciated.Helpful staff.

It was a wonderful and colorful place to stay! The staff were really friendly.

Diskouros hostel has a great location and is a wonderful and calm place to stay. The crew is kind and the breakfast is perfect. Thank you!

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Spain

A very good place to stay with helpful staff. I can't imagine a more central location. Easy to get to by public transport. I have already recommended it to others and will go on doing so.

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The bathroom seemed to be falling apart and the whole hostel smelled of cigarette smoke.

the clean sheets are a nice touch but the towel smell really bad and the showers were quite creepy and dirty

Clean, good care, good location. I recommend

Very cheap and staff were amazing, however poor facilities. There was no air con in my room, most bathrooms were out of soap and toilet paper, and you need to hold the shower nozzle. Worth the cheap price if you aren't too fussy

Great Location!! Staff were very helpful!

The staff were friendly and did everything we asked for. We liked the fact you could help yourself to cutlery etc as we got up late most days. The location was great. However, the electricity kept tripping out so there must be a problem with the electrics and we wished we had control of the a.c.

Nice outdoor area. Showers and toilets were not clean. Location was not really near anything.. Not too bad for cheap accommodation.

Due to a mistake in booking we were relocated without any problems. Very good hostel for this price, right in the center of town.

• 4th Aug 2014