Dioskouros Reviews

6 Pittakou Street Acropolis, Plaka, Athens, Greece

I visited this hostel and they shifted us to another hostel "Hotel Fivos" because if some plumbing work there. The staff was very helpful in guiding us, and hinted that the new hostel is a better one. But my experience at "Hotel Fivos" was very bad. The breakfast was pathetic and the rooms were unclean. The common toilets were disgusting without proper locks. So, since "Hotel Fivos" was pathetic, Dioskouros might be worse.

Best staff ever. The Hostel is overall great and in other hand toilets/bathrooms could be improved.

I was happy with it. It's in a great location, cheap for the area. They had hot water in the communal showers but not in the bedroom wash basins. They have a cute garden area with cats.

• 4th Feb 2015

Thanks guys for a nice stay

i spent around 3 weeks in this place . clean towels and sheets hot water 24/7 . it has the best location as its in the heart of Athens, it is just a walking distance form the main touristic places in Athens. The staff is more than helpful and more than willing to walk the extra mile for people needing help. they is always someone in charge inside the hostel. No curfew but still the main door is locked which gives a sense of security. Loved my stay :)

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Egypt

Perfectly located very close to Akropolis. Syntagma Square is just a few minutes from the hostel.

very very happy cheers :)

• 13th Jan 2015
  • Greece

This location was very easy to get to from the airport as Syntag Square is an easy walk from the hotel. It also was located in an area I felt safe in after dark, easy walking distance to the main attractions in Athens. The staff was very helpful in giving us great tips and advice and the breakfast, while simple, was DELICIOUS!

Great staff, great cats, great location, great price.

• 9th Jan 2015

As many of the other reviews mentioned, this hostel is fine but does not really offer anything special besides its prime location. The staff (for the most part) is very friendly and helpful but the dorm rooms can be cold and rather small, not to mention the showers with their telephone booth-style doors, the cold lounge area, and the kitchen with it's one working cooker. It's not a bad choice for your stay in Athens, but I am convinced there are better options out there.

This is the worse place I ever stayed in ! It needs to be fixed and repaired allover Noisy, dirty, unfriendly owner (staff Ok, though). If I haven't had booked through internet, I would have moved to another place. The location and the nice lady baking french toast for breakfast are the only plus.

Good value for the money

Great breakfast and the location is perfect!!

The staff was friendly, the location was accesible to everything I wanted to see, and it was quiet.

It was okay. Heaps of cats and some in the rooms which was yuck - like on the beds etc. (I'm allergic to cats and so would have been nice to have known the cats lived throughout before I booked). The bathrooms were pretty grubby and needed a good clean in my opinion and my shower was freezing one day. Good location though and I suppose you could get a worse place to stay.

Walking distance to Syntagma Station and entrance of Acropolis.

Location is excellent, as it is 5 minutes away from the acropolis. It was not the dirtiest hostel ever but could have been cleaner. Moreover, we found a bedbug (just one and didn't get any bites, but...). The luggage storage did not seem to be the safest. Could invest in some real doors for the showers. Double bed private room was actually two twin beds put together. Good breakfast, though. Not a great hostel but it gets the job done.

Friendly staff. Simple breakfast. Nearby to all attractions. Wifi only in common area. I stayed in a 3-bed dorm where the room was a former toilet.

Not too far from center and sightseeing place and faility is enough. you can feel uncomfortable when you take a shower because shower room is a little bit small. But otherthings are not too bad.

Excellent location.Very helpful,friendly staff.They should provide soap in Toilet.

« first « Prev 1 2 3