Dioskouros Reviews

6 Pittakou Street Acropolis, Plaka, Athens, Greece

Friendly staff. Simple breakfast. Nearby to all attractions. Wifi only in common area. I stayed in a 3-bed dorm where the room was a former toilet.

Great location 5mins from acropolis museum, clean and a good kitchen

• 1st Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Top location, especially for a single traveler- very safe around 24h. I met some cool people there. Price paid compared to other places around is unbeatable.The breakfast is ok too, considering that in Athens just for a coffee & a small snack you pay 5 eur, at least.

• 30th Oct 2014

Thumbs up to the staff.

Excellent location, cool Staff!! Great breakfast.

great location, walking distance to tourist areas

A charming hostel with an excellent location. The room was spacious and clean, and the included breakfast was very much appreciated. Hot water was not consistent in the shower, but that would truly be my only complaint. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

• 25th Oct 2014

Great location near the Acropolis and panathenic stadium etc, and the staff are all friendly and really helpful. Kitchen facilities are limited (just two elements), but there are heaps of spices and a good free breakfast. Thought's been put into the decor, but our bedding had some blood stains, and we also saw (and killed) what might have been a bedbug - but we didn't get any bites, so hopefully there was only one... Showers and toilets are all kept very clean, and we would stay there again.

The only thing that I like in this hostel was the location. The staff was nice too but the bathrooms are so dirty. It was disgusting to pee or take a shower there. They really need to improve the cleaning.

You get what you pay for, very run down and needs some work done.

Well I have booked this hostel because of the breakfast included and a great location. But what I found were only 2 good things: excellent location and helpful staff. Let's talk about down sides of this place. Breakfast were very poor (jam, bread and coffee). Cleanness was very poor we have found bedbugs that will leave your body covered in hideous bite marks and it is very unpleasant. They should seriously look into this problem, because you can bring bedbugs back to your home. Despite bedbugs

Nice place, 5 min walk to Zeus temple and 8 min to akropolis area... 10 min to sintagma square. Wifi not always work to rooms but in garden always works. Breakfast is ok but could be better. Its very good if you dont wanna expend that much money

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Mexico

Good place to stay, nice and central. Good outside area to hang out in. Only downside was the bathroom cleanliness - if you're not worried about that though, this place is perfect!

Awesome atmosphere, great staff and tasty breakfast. But, the cleanliness of the bathrooms left much to be desired.

A pleasant enough hostel, I would recommend it to younger friends. The management were very helpful to me, as an older person. However, through no fault of theirs, but of the hostelworld system, when I needed to move out after one night, for personal reasons, I was expected to pay for the two remaining nights I had originally booked on line, which made it the most expensive night of my whole stay in Athens. I think a little more flexibility is needed.

• 6th Oct 2014

Awesome location - super close to the Acropolis and Plaka has tons of restaurants and bars and although it's a bit more expensive because it's kind of touristy, we felt safe in the neighborhood even arriving in the middle of the night. Bathrooms were alright, breakfast pretty basic but fine, and wifi was pretty good. The staff isn't very forthcoming with unprompted information (when we checked in no one told us anything about breakfast, the space, etc.) but were helpful when asked specific ?s.

This place was amazing. I loved staying here and the atmosphere was great. It's in the middle of plaka and you can see the temple of Zeus from the street. It's a great price and the stay was wonderful. No complaints!

Good place will say might want to spend some money on the showers as you have to hold shower head and had broken door. Otherwise good place.

Booked this hostel as it was fairly central and had a kitchen; however, upon arrival I discovered the kitchen was currently unavailable for whatever reason. The wifi is dreadful! It only works in the garden where you will fall victim to toxic bug's that will leave your body covered in hideous bite marks. Shower doors are well past their sell by date.

Hostel had night staff which made me feel very safe as a solo female traveler. No air conditioning in the rooms so was very hot. French toast from breakfast was an overall highlight for me. Facilities are generally pretty old but great safe location and close to Acropolis etc

• 22nd Sep 2014