Dioskouros Reviews

6 Pittakou Street Acropolis, Plaka, Athens, Greece

2031 Total Reviews

vary good value for the money. Kind and helpful staff.

• 30th Sep 2015
  • Israel
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This hostel/hotel has excellent location but that's about it. The bathrooms were dirty and unpleasant and the bed was uncomfortable. Book this Hostel if you want a good location.

Pros: good location, nice garden, low price. Cons: facilities are run down and the overall perception of cleanliness is disappointing. there have been lots of mosquitos in our room. Stay there only if you need a cheap sleepover close to Sintagma.

Nice emplacement. The room are clean but a bit old and small. We can't close the toilets. The shower aren't really clean. The breakfast was included (tea, coffee, bread and stuff to put on the bread). The terrace is nice.

The location is awsome, really friendly and helpfull people working there , breakfast is included and good but not at 7:30 am, bed and bath rooms are clean.

My experience in Dioskouros was really bad. I booked a bed in a dormitory, the room was clean but the common areas (toilets and bathroom) were very very dirty. (many hairs on the floor in both areas / the floor was dirty because of people's shoes / the shower were not clean and water was standing on the floor. They had no medical disinfectant or sticking plaster for basic injuries... that was really bad !

The best way to describe the hostel is cheap and cheerful. The hostel is well located with very friendly and helpful staff.

This hostel is very homely, rooms feel like bedrooms more so than a hostel room, Staff were all really friendly and nice, location is brilliant, everything is pretty near, No security lockers in my room but I was in a room with only 3 others. Showers are a bit weird, two showers in one room, with just frosted glass. Kinda weird.. I would stay here again though.

Very nice place to stay in Athens, awesome garden and a simple breakfast included.

The staff was nice and helped us with everything we needed and the location of the hostel is great, close to the Acropolis and Plaka, a really nice neighborhood. The breaksfast is ok and it is served in a beautiful patio. Unfortunately, the hostel looks nothing like the pictures, as it's way older and the rooms are far less colorful than they seem. The bathrooms aren't really nice either and there's no soap. But it's cheap and the location is worth it.

Great location, very close to everything. Staff was very nice!

Great location, nice room. Just the bathrooms looked a little messy sometimes

Dioskouros was a great value for the price I paid- excellent location close to the center of Athens, really friendly staff, clean facilities. But above all, the atmosphere was the best part. I felt that the hostel really lent itself to getting to know other travelers. I would definitely stay here again!

• 21st Aug 2015

Really nice atmosphere.. Great location, right by the acropolis metro, good breakfast included also in the price. I would recommend it for sure. The only thing i didnt like is one person of the staff that wasnt polite at all, as soon as i got there she asked me to pay and made me go to change because she didnt have change at 3 in the morning!!

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Greece

Amazing location ! Next to all you have to see in Athens. The girls at the reception are really sweet, they helped me a lot with the indications to go to the port.

The bathrooms should be cleaned more often.

• 10th Aug 2015

We stayed here as a quick lay between getting back from the islands and flying out of Athens. It was very close to the main sights of Athens and the rooms were small but adequate. The directions from the metro to the hostel were difficult to follow. Possibly adding some estimated walking times would he helpful as we feared we were going the wrong way. Also the dark alleyway that leads to the hostel should have more lighting. The darkness was intimidating and it made it difficult to see the sign.

Toilets and showers were horrible. So horrible that we only used it out of necessity and the girls in our group wasn't comfortable with the showers so didnt use them at all. It's great value for money as it's located very close to Plaka and walking distance to tourist sites. Would not stay here longer than the 2nights we stayed.

1 2 Next » last »