Dioskouros Reviews

6 Pittakou Street Acropolis, Plaka, Athens, Greece

1956 Total Reviews

My room smelled like cat pee mixed with mold... the shower had an old pair of underwear in them for two days, the bathrooms were honestly disgusting. And a lumpy bed to sleep on. Don't stay here I'm sure there's better in Athens...

Beautiful building in a great location. Rooms were stuffy though and there was only one functional shower. Beverages available were in a beer/soda machine and no breakfast. Don't use the directions you get from hostel world to find it though because the road they suggest has a sign only in Greek. It is also easier to get to from the acropolis station. Look at your map.

Front desk staff very good helpful and pleasant good location near metro station and airport bus breakfast ok chill out area where you can sit out at night and have a beer adequate we would definitely go back again good value for money Ron from Ontario Canada

Great staff

Amazing location, brilliant staff who really made our stay. It had everything we needed and a really nice communal area. The free breakfast and fresh coffee was a massive plus too. Thanks guys!

Such I funky little place in Athens right beside the Acropolis. The staff were really cool, outdoor area was really fun and breakfast in the morning is delicious.

The good: Near Syntagma Sq and Acropolis The bad: Old mattress. Not to clean - the floor of my room was sandy/dusty and there were cockroaches - more than twice! Kitchen not so functional. If you arrive in the dark you might miss the hostel

The location is great, the people I met were wonderful, and the breakfast was one of the best I have had at a hostel. The beds were clean, but the bathroom was dirty, and a cockroach was crawling around my room all night. There were no lockers to put bags in, which for me is a must at a hostel where you are sharing a room with strangers.

It was a really great experience! I hope I get back there and spend more time with those amazing people working there! Thank you guys! And hope see you all again! K*

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Poland

Great location, great staff, very friendly and we had a great room!

The building is pretty old and the shared bathroom is in need of some cleaning. However the neighbourhood is very quiet and close to Acropolis therefore if you are looking for a quieter, non-party hostel, this is a good value.

Excellent location. The staff all very helpful. Breakfast was good, the yogurt add-on option was delicious. Bathrooms were kind of dirty and had no soap. No lockers in the room either.

It has a very good location, but the breakfast is the worst I ever had because the milk was like water with milk, and the last day, i´m not sure, but I think the milk was not good, it tasted sour, they don´t have maps of the city.. The people there are nice and they are accessible. It is good if you wanted to be there just for sleeping.

Really great atmosphere , and excellent location. The breakfast tasty too! My only complaint is the room I shared with two others had only one outlet. And I would expect some lockers too.

• 4th Jun 2015

GREAT spot for a day trip to all the sights. Perfect walking distance to/from the bus station/metro and directly in the middle of the ruins. Highly recommend this place!! The Plaka neighborhood is really cute as well.

Quiet, not a party hostel. Great location in Plaka. Away from crazy busy Monastiraki, but is within walking distance (15 mns) Beds are not the most comfortable but you can still get a good sleep. Washrooms don't have soap, so bring your own. Showers are hot and mostly clean. Depending on the room, you may or may not have wifi. Staff is generally friendly. Everything is clean and cozy. Overall, I'd recommend this over other hostels in Athens. General tip: Beware of pick-pocketers.

No safe luggage room and theft was present while we were there. One staff member was very friendly and helpful while the others were less so.

Just stayed the one night as we were just stopping through Athens. Hostel had everything that we needed and the staff were very helpful. The only downsides were no lockers for bags and the kitchen wasn't great

Bathroom and toilet were not cleaned during our 3-day stay!!

We booked for a double room and ended up with a bigger room, with one double bed and two singles. It also had a sink in the room and a small porch which was quite lovely. The bathrooms were ok, the water would heat but one had a leaking sink that would flood the bathroom, but it was clean. And the breakfast was good. However, my friends travelling with us booked for a dorm instead of a private and they said it was quite bad.