Dioskouros Reviews

6 Pittakou Street Acropolis, Plaka, Athens, Greece

1970 Total Reviews

Bathroom not so good. Good breakfast and staff is very nice.

The location of this hotel is great. Plaka is a lovely area- you can walk everywhere. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The toilets and showers could be cleaned more regularly. We found the downstairs showers and toilets better than the upstairs one. Wifi was weak- had to sit close to reception to use it. Simple yet nice breakfast included: bread, spreads, French toast, tea and coffee. Affordable, simple accommodation.

Great place! Great location there's no A/C but there was fans in the room, they weren't really needed the room staid cool.

Unreal location, also great back patio.

• 26th Jun 2015

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Would not hesitate to book again if in Athens.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Rough around the edges, but it is a hostel at the end of the day. Perfect location for a cheap stay in Athens. Don't get excited about the breakfast included.

My room smelled like cat pee mixed with mold... the shower had an old pair of underwear in them for two days, the bathrooms were honestly disgusting. And a lumpy bed to sleep on. Don't stay here I'm sure there's better in Athens...

Beautiful building in a great location. Rooms were stuffy though and there was only one functional shower. Beverages available were in a beer/soda machine and no breakfast. Don't use the directions you get from hostel world to find it though because the road they suggest has a sign only in Greek. It is also easier to get to from the acropolis station. Look at your map.

Front desk staff very good helpful and pleasant good location near metro station and airport bus breakfast ok chill out area where you can sit out at night and have a beer adequate we would definitely go back again good value for money Ron from Ontario Canada

Great staff

Amazing location, brilliant staff who really made our stay. It had everything we needed and a really nice communal area. The free breakfast and fresh coffee was a massive plus too. Thanks guys!

Such I funky little place in Athens right beside the Acropolis. The staff were really cool, outdoor area was really fun and breakfast in the morning is delicious.

The good: Near Syntagma Sq and Acropolis The bad: Old mattress. Not to clean - the floor of my room was sandy/dusty and there were cockroaches - more than twice! Kitchen not so functional. If you arrive in the dark you might miss the hostel

The location is great, the people I met were wonderful, and the breakfast was one of the best I have had at a hostel. The beds were clean, but the bathroom was dirty, and a cockroach was crawling around my room all night. There were no lockers to put bags in, which for me is a must at a hostel where you are sharing a room with strangers.

It was a really great experience! I hope I get back there and spend more time with those amazing people working there! Thank you guys! And hope see you all again! K*

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Poland

Great location, great staff, very friendly and we had a great room!

The building is pretty old and the shared bathroom is in need of some cleaning. However the neighbourhood is very quiet and close to Acropolis therefore if you are looking for a quieter, non-party hostel, this is a good value.

Excellent location. The staff all very helpful. Breakfast was good, the yogurt add-on option was delicious. Bathrooms were kind of dirty and had no soap. No lockers in the room either.

It has a very good location, but the breakfast is the worst I ever had because the milk was like water with milk, and the last day, i´m not sure, but I think the milk was not good, it tasted sour, they don´t have maps of the city.. The people there are nice and they are accessible. It is good if you wanted to be there just for sleeping.

Really great atmosphere , and excellent location. The breakfast tasty too! My only complaint is the room I shared with two others had only one outlet. And I would expect some lockers too.

• 4th Jun 2015