Dioskouros Reviews

6 Pittakou Street Acropolis, Plaka, Athens, Greece

1929 Total Reviews

The location is great, the people I met were wonderful, and the breakfast was one of the best I have had at a hostel. The beds were clean, but the bathroom was dirty, and a cockroach was crawling around my room all night. There were no lockers to put bags in, which for me is a must at a hostel where you are sharing a room with strangers.

It was a really great experience! I hope I get back there and spend more time with those amazing people working there! Thank you guys! And hope see you all again! K*

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Poland

Great location, great staff, very friendly and we had a great room!

The building is pretty old and the shared bathroom is in need of some cleaning. However the neighbourhood is very quiet and close to Acropolis therefore if you are looking for a quieter, non-party hostel, this is a good value.

Excellent location. The staff all very helpful. Breakfast was good, the yogurt add-on option was delicious. Bathrooms were kind of dirty and had no soap. No lockers in the room either.

It has a very good location, but the breakfast is the worst I ever had because the milk was like water with milk, and the last day, i´m not sure, but I think the milk was not good, it tasted sour, they don´t have maps of the city.. The people there are nice and they are accessible. It is good if you wanted to be there just for sleeping.

Really great atmosphere , and excellent location. The breakfast tasty too! My only complaint is the room I shared with two others had only one outlet. And I would expect some lockers too.

• 4th Jun 2015

GREAT spot for a day trip to all the sights. Perfect walking distance to/from the bus station/metro and directly in the middle of the ruins. Highly recommend this place!! The Plaka neighborhood is really cute as well.

Quiet, not a party hostel. Great location in Plaka. Away from crazy busy Monastiraki, but is within walking distance (15 mns) Beds are not the most comfortable but you can still get a good sleep. Washrooms don't have soap, so bring your own. Showers are hot and mostly clean. Depending on the room, you may or may not have wifi. Staff is generally friendly. Everything is clean and cozy. Overall, I'd recommend this over other hostels in Athens. General tip: Beware of pick-pocketers.

No safe luggage room and theft was present while we were there. One staff member was very friendly and helpful while the others were less so.

Just stayed the one night as we were just stopping through Athens. Hostel had everything that we needed and the staff were very helpful. The only downsides were no lockers for bags and the kitchen wasn't great

Bathroom and toilet were not cleaned during our 3-day stay!!

We booked for a double room and ended up with a bigger room, with one double bed and two singles. It also had a sink in the room and a small porch which was quite lovely. The bathrooms were ok, the water would heat but one had a leaking sink that would flood the bathroom, but it was clean. And the breakfast was good. However, my friends travelling with us booked for a dorm instead of a private and they said it was quite bad.

The Dioskouros is an amazing place to stay, the location is perfect, less than ten minutes from the Zapion Park. The rooms are good, don't expect a five stars hotel, but, anyway, it's very confortable for the price that you pay. The best part in my opinion is the breakfast, the greek breakfast is delicious! The staff are very friendly, they are always ready to help you in anything you need. They have great advices of spots to go for lunch. Thank you very much guys!

I could see the Acropolis from my room. Can't beat the location. Really enjoyed talking with the guy who runs the place too.

Really central to all the things you have to see in Athens, It is kind of and old place, but it is enjoyble to stay there. And the staff is also really nice.

Were so bitten by mosquitoes during the night that we could not sleep. Left the window open for ventilation as the aircon was not working. A cat also jumped into our room in the middle of the night.

We reserved a double private bedroom for 1 night and it was terrible! The room was tiny but that was not the bad part. The window (if you can call window) was almost near the ground, it was impossible to completely close it and of course there was no view or natural light. The room was very hot (even at night and in May), with a fan and only two power points, one for the fan, another for the light. We had to shut down the two of them to be able to charge our mobile phones. Terrible breakfast!

• 18th May 2015

Best location (accross Hadrian's gate, close to the "tourist stuff" - 10 min walk to the Accropolis !), good price, good beds, OK breakfast, nice kitties (there are 2 live-in cats), cool garden. But MAN the bathrooms & toilets are DIRTY !! And there are no lockers, and the windows don't close properly, so if you worry about the stuff in your suitcases (I don't and felt safe during my stay, but...) and/or cleaniness, it's not for you! But I'll come back next time I'm in Athens ! :)

Room 16's facilities are not so good and mosquitoes are all around the room, so our stay at that day wasn't so comfortable

• 11th May 2015