Dioskouros Reviews

6 Pittakou Street Acropolis, Plaka, Athens, Greece

I thought the hostel not clean enough. Hot water? Just if you take shower before everyone else. When I complained about it, the guy from reception (who was very kind and friendly) said that there was a lot of people in the hostel. Well, I didn't see that many people and even then... shouldn't they be prepared for that? I had to wait more than 1 hour to take a not-so-hot shower. Other thing....the lights at night kept dropping every 10 minutes. Turned on and off... Internet not good as well.

Great place, amazing tips on what to do in Athens

• 8th Jan 2014

Great location, just next to acropolis and other attractions. Secure, clean and good wifi. Staff are very hospitable. Facilities are simple, but good enough.

The hotel was fine. There was only one socket in the room and locker of one of the restrooms was broken. The rest was fine. Excellent location, low cost.

• 28th Dec 2013
  • Turkey

This is the only place I`ve stayed with personalized service. Very welcoming atmosphere. Great location to explore the most interesting parts of the city. Easy & direct access from the Airport, too. I only stayed one night, but wish that I could have stayed more.

• 26th Dec 2013

The bathrooms are pretty poor: despite the hot water, the giantic gap over the door lets the air current in and then you are cold while you're taking your bath. Moreover there is no division between the bath area and the toilet, for example, so frequently you have to wipe the toilet seat if you you want to use it. Sometimes there wasn't toilet paper and almost all the time there wasn't any kind of soap available. I would also warn guests about this: http://goo.gl/8g7t0R (common in the region)

I loved this hostel. The staff was wonderful, so helpful and friendly. It was easy to meet people in the common room. As hostel breakfast go, it was pretty good! The woman who makes breakfast and cleans the rooms was so funny and sweet. The location is great, you can walk to anything. I highly recommend it!

Overall the hostel was pretty decent for the price you're paying. Despite the breakfast being the same every morning (french toast, bread, jam, marmalade, chocolate spread only), everything else was pretty much good! Only one thing, there is this one staff who always looks half-assed about doing things, or maybe his expression just comes off that way, so my friend and I felt like he was more unapproachable than other staff. Else, this hostel is definitely affordable and sufficient to stay in!

Great location, good breakfast and very cheap. But bathrooms were a bit inconvenient and the corridors smelled like smoke during our entire stay despite supposedly being non-smoking areas.

Can't ask more from a hostel in Athens. The location is perfect, between two metro stations (Acropolis and Syntagma), in a walking distance from many sightseeing places. Breakfast was a good start for the day and the garden was cosy even in the winter. Friendly staff and cute sleeping cats around the clock in the garden. I stayed during a renovation so i couldn't have a full opinion about the rooms. Best value for money hostel i have ever stayed.

Very friendly people running this place, gave me great tips for seeing the city, they made sure we didnt fall into any tourist traps. Very well priced too and perfect location right next to the Acropolis

• 30th Nov 2013

The location outweighs any issues with this place! It's smack bang in the centre of the cutest areas and all the ancient sights you need to see! The included breakfast is super handy! We had some issues with hot water disappear and toilets not working though... But like I said, small fish compared with the useful location.

Good hostel, has all the basics. Location is excellent, close to all the attractions. Staff are very helpful. Air conditioner in the rooms but reception has only 1 remote so you have to ask to put it on/off which is annoying. Bathroom facilities are a little poor but they work fine.

The staff are amazing! Very friendly and always willing to go out of their way to help you. Great location, close to everything.

The hostel was very cheap and had a great location, but the toilets were always clogged and the showers flooded the bathrooms. The breakfast was only tea and toast with jam, nutella, and butter. This is all well and good though, since it was so cheap and one does not really spend much time at a hostel!

• 14th Nov 2013

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION is all you need on this one!! Perfect!! Friendly Staff, Comfortable Bedding, Lovely Court

Not the best hostel in the world but for 10€ a night it was worth it. It was small and staff was friendly and helpful. Great location

I was thankful to be upgraded to a single room, though I'd booked a space in a five-bed female dorm, but I was underwhelmed by the staff. I didn't know where the bathroom facilities were and, as there was no one manning the reception nearly the whole time I was there, I felt rude to buzz and ask. When I did buzz the next day to try and leave my bags in storage in order to explore Athens, one of the staff said I could sure store my bags, then immediately vanished when I went to retrieve them.

It is a really pretty hostel. My dorm had four beds and two rooms and I was the only one in the room, so there is good privacy. The location is amazing, walking distance to all the major sites in the city and also to transportation. The staff is very nice and flexible in terms of luggages, checkouts, etc, and when I was there, there were many travelers who were open and friendly.

Dioskouros is a nice & cozy little place in a superb & very very safe location. The kitchen & the back garden made it feel so homely. Best value for the money hands down!

• 5th Nov 2013