Dioskouros Reviews

6 Pittakou Street Acropolis, Plaka, Athens, Greece

1970 Total Reviews

GREAT spot for a day trip to all the sights. Perfect walking distance to/from the bus station/metro and directly in the middle of the ruins. Highly recommend this place!! The Plaka neighborhood is really cute as well.

Quiet, not a party hostel. Great location in Plaka. Away from crazy busy Monastiraki, but is within walking distance (15 mns) Beds are not the most comfortable but you can still get a good sleep. Washrooms don't have soap, so bring your own. Showers are hot and mostly clean. Depending on the room, you may or may not have wifi. Staff is generally friendly. Everything is clean and cozy. Overall, I'd recommend this over other hostels in Athens. General tip: Beware of pick-pocketers.

No safe luggage room and theft was present while we were there. One staff member was very friendly and helpful while the others were less so.

Just stayed the one night as we were just stopping through Athens. Hostel had everything that we needed and the staff were very helpful. The only downsides were no lockers for bags and the kitchen wasn't great

Bathroom and toilet were not cleaned during our 3-day stay!!

We booked for a double room and ended up with a bigger room, with one double bed and two singles. It also had a sink in the room and a small porch which was quite lovely. The bathrooms were ok, the water would heat but one had a leaking sink that would flood the bathroom, but it was clean. And the breakfast was good. However, my friends travelling with us booked for a dorm instead of a private and they said it was quite bad.

The Dioskouros is an amazing place to stay, the location is perfect, less than ten minutes from the Zapion Park. The rooms are good, don't expect a five stars hotel, but, anyway, it's very confortable for the price that you pay. The best part in my opinion is the breakfast, the greek breakfast is delicious! The staff are very friendly, they are always ready to help you in anything you need. They have great advices of spots to go for lunch. Thank you very much guys!

I could see the Acropolis from my room. Can't beat the location. Really enjoyed talking with the guy who runs the place too.

Really central to all the things you have to see in Athens, It is kind of and old place, but it is enjoyble to stay there. And the staff is also really nice.

Were so bitten by mosquitoes during the night that we could not sleep. Left the window open for ventilation as the aircon was not working. A cat also jumped into our room in the middle of the night.

We reserved a double private bedroom for 1 night and it was terrible! The room was tiny but that was not the bad part. The window (if you can call window) was almost near the ground, it was impossible to completely close it and of course there was no view or natural light. The room was very hot (even at night and in May), with a fan and only two power points, one for the fan, another for the light. We had to shut down the two of them to be able to charge our mobile phones. Terrible breakfast!

• 18th May 2015

Best location (accross Hadrian's gate, close to the "tourist stuff" - 10 min walk to the Accropolis !), good price, good beds, OK breakfast, nice kitties (there are 2 live-in cats), cool garden. But MAN the bathrooms & toilets are DIRTY !! And there are no lockers, and the windows don't close properly, so if you worry about the stuff in your suitcases (I don't and felt safe during my stay, but...) and/or cleaniness, it's not for you! But I'll come back next time I'm in Athens ! :)

Room 16's facilities are not so good and mosquitoes are all around the room, so our stay at that day wasn't so comfortable

• 11th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

Not very clean. Also staff wasn't very welcoming and didn't explain much upon arrival. It was hard to find and not a fan of the location.

Even though we booked 2 person private room, we get 4 persons dorm room but they told us that we will be alone at the room. Our room was at the basment and breakfast unlikely the description there was only jam and bread.

• 1st May 2015
  • Cyprus
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Breakfast is not good. If staff can some advices about the city, I will be appreciate.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Turkey

The location was perfect, right in the center, about a 5min walk from Syntagma metrostation. The room was basic but OK. People who came back to the hostel during the night, were making lots of noise when coming in. As I had the room next to the reception hall and opposite to the bathrooms, I did not sleep at all because of the noise. Staff didnt say anything about it. Staff was friendly at arrival but not there when I left.

The place is perfect, it is close to everything, you have to see in Athens. The bathroom and the toilet was very simple, a bit poor, but it always was hot water. The door is missing, so the rooms in the neighbourhood hears everything.

It was in a really good location, and the breakfast was good. But the place didnt feel super secure. No lockers to lock up your stuff.

Our room was lovely, with a view of Acropolis. It is very close to the sightsees in Athens, so you can walk everywhere. We loved it very much! :)