Dioskouros Reviews

6 Pittakou Street Acropolis, Plaka, Athens, Greece

I was thankful to be upgraded to a single room, though I'd booked a space in a five-bed female dorm, but I was underwhelmed by the staff. I didn't know where the bathroom facilities were and, as there was no one manning the reception nearly the whole time I was there, I felt rude to buzz and ask. When I did buzz the next day to try and leave my bags in storage in order to explore Athens, one of the staff said I could sure store my bags, then immediately vanished when I went to retrieve them.

It is a really pretty hostel. My dorm had four beds and two rooms and I was the only one in the room, so there is good privacy. The location is amazing, walking distance to all the major sites in the city and also to transportation. The staff is very nice and flexible in terms of luggages, checkouts, etc, and when I was there, there were many travelers who were open and friendly.

Dioskouros is a nice & cozy little place in a superb & very very safe location. The kitchen & the back garden made it feel so homely. Best value for the money hands down!

• 5th Nov 2013

I booked a double bed room, but what i got was a big room full of beds(4). The bathroom was in a very dilapidated state. And throwing the toilet tissue in bins was very disgusting. I booked three nights and I was not able to sleep properly because of mosquitos, I ended up killing mosquitoes in place of sleeping during my night stay. I wud appreciate if they cud provide a better atmosphere by charging more money. The 2 gud things about this place was the women who made breakfast and the locatn

my stay in Dioskouros was wonderful, the stuff was very nice, attentive and informative. Great breakfast and hot water in the shower at all times. And of course the location is perfect, close to everything really. The only thing that was less than wonderful were the facilities, bed and matresses not the best and also the shower pretty old but if you don't mind too much than I definitely recommend Dioskouros.

Clean and basic, and priced accordingly in an excellent situation, If the Hostel just supplied that it would still rate an excellent review, But the Staff make this place. Every single one we encountered from the owner to the cleaner were simply great. Brilliant atmosphere too, one of those places where you just naturally start talking to people.

This place was absolutely incredible! The lady who runs it is a very kind lady who offers pick up and drop off at the air port and also the sea port. I have never been in such a nice hostel! It was better than many hotels I have stayed in back in the States. The view was breathtaking balcony over looks the city and the sea amazing place to catch the sunset. I gave one good comment vs excellent on location because it was a bit hard to find, the view from a top the hill is bar none however!

• 27th Oct 2013