Dioskouros Reviews

6 Pittakou Street Acropolis, Plaka, Athens, Greece

Awesome location, 5 min from the Acropolis and nice atmosphere. Great wifi everywhere & the Free breakfast in their cosy garden was an extra bonus.

• 3rd May 2014
  • New Zealand

Great value for money, amazing location, good breakfast. Very helpful staff too, great tips on visiting the more unknown parts of the city.

• 3rd May 2014

The staff of the hotel was very nice and available to let me in even late at night/early morning, as my flight arrived after midnight. There is breakfast included, simple but nice. The quality of the rooms is rather average, the one I stayed in was very cold, so consider having an extra cover. The bathrooms are also quite simple and old-ish. But if you are not too picky, it is good enough ;) However, the location is very good and the price for stay also is quite low.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Poland

I don't recommend this. The bathroom is dirty. Located at the heart of city center. The room is dusty. Poor and bad taste renovation.

YES. Lovable little place.

• 19th Apr 2014

This is a good, average hostel. The facilities are pretty old but it is obvious the staff has made an effort to make the hostel well maintained, decorated and more modern. The location and staff (very sweet and helpful) are the best things about the hostel. The breakfast was very basic with just a couple pieces of bread, jam and some coffee/tea. The patio was a nice place to relax in the afternoon after a walk around the acropolis.

All though the facilities were basic and of a reasonable standard, some of the basic amenities could be upgraded, to cater for older travelers.

• 14th Apr 2014

Its a very good place pretty close to the subway and Athen's downtown on foot you can go pretty everywhere. The only problem is that rarely there is a person at the reception and you have to search them but usually they sit at the garden . The garden is very nice and you can see Acropolis. Its recommended for 2-4 people and families but it has only 2 public toilets. The value for money is excellent for a hostel in that place

• 14th Apr 2014
  • Greece

At the check-in they didn't provide us with any information about the hostel or the city, nor did they offer any tourist maps etc. I don't know about the rooms upstairs, but the dorms in the ground floor are cold, humid (I mean the walls in the room were literally wet!!! The hostel is old, not very clean, no toilet paper, dirty showers and what stroke me were the towels and sheet hanging on the staircase and balcony railings to dry. Overall: you get what you pay for, if not less...

When my friends and I arrived, I had informed the hostel that we would be arriving at 6 am for check-in, but we ended up waiting until 8 am to check in. However, after getting the keys, we were told that our rooms had been ready for us. This is very disappointing since my friends and I had to wait over three hours to get to our room. Also, the security is so so only because there were not many cameras.

Stayed here for two nights and loved the homey feel. It was excellently located for exploring Athens on foot.

The staff was so helpful! They were there to let us in 24 hours a day The rooms were clean and the place was perfect to just hang out. The rooms were clean, too. Perfect location! Close to everything we wanted to see.

• 10th Apr 2014

The breakfast included was very good, the tables near the beach, the staff and the hotel room were just perfect. Thank you very much!!

• 10th Apr 2014

They switch off electricity constantly (on purpose, no outlet, no AC) you have to ask for it, breakfast is really bad, old bread with some "nutella" and coffee, kitchen is just a kettle and an electric portable oven, there are cats everywhere on the tables, hallways, etc, toilet paper don't go in the toilet but in a bin (disgusting), the shower is broken, no curtain. Location is great, staff was cool but facilities were terrible.

1 2 3 Next » last »