Dirty McNasty's Hostel Reviews

1 Crocodile St., Caye Caulker, Belize

This place is a construction site. Not a good place to stay at! We left after the first night. Go to some other hostel!

Good breakfast and location. We were in a dorm with 6 beds and it was Sooo hot, hard to sleep. Even with 5 fans in the room. I'd pay the little extra to be in the 16 bed dorm with air conditioning. 2 of the Locker/drawers in the dorm were broken so if you were travelling by yourself you may not get one. I shared with my boyfriend

This Hostel is not worth its price. The rooms are jam packed and it is very dirty.

It's very basic, so if you just want somewhere to sleep (a little) and party all night you'll love it. But if you like to make the most of your days as well as your evenings it's very noisy, the rooms are very shabby/ unfinished and have about 6 fans in them which doesn't manage to cool them down just creates a warm hurricane in the room and the under the bed lockers are almost impossible to use. The breakfast however was great!

• 7th Aug 2014

our full review can be found on www.continentchasers.com

Additional pro's: Breakfast included in price of room, right next to a laundry, free rum punch at 730 Additional con's: very loud at night (probably same as anywhere), very very hot in the rooms.. Lack of cleanliness the biggest problem

The common area is not the greatest. Breakfast is decent. Recommended a diving company that didn't show up. Good wifi. The rooms are quite small.

Could do with fans that actually work! But all in all enjoyed our stay. Thanks :-)

Staff were very nice , happy, and helpful this was a plus. Simple but clean room and bathroom. A bit over priced for the accommodation but would I stay here again, yes I would. I am a world traveler, with over 100 countries visited, seen it all. Ron

Nice place to meet new people and party. Close to all the nice places

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

The hostel was well placed on the island. General facilities were nothing special but weren't bad. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Atmosphere wasn't great, but then again Caye Caulker isn't a party island so this was to be expected. If the swamp next to the hostel was turned into the swimming pool it is apparently going to become, this hostel would easily be the best on the island. Altogether, nice place to stay and would recommend to others

location was good and close to everything. rooms were really really hot at night. no huge complaints but wasn't awesome either, would choose somewhere with air con next time

• 15th Jun 2014

I stayed in a single room. There was some mold on the walls/ceiling. As it is, for a single room there are better values around the island. But on the other hand if you are wanting the hostel scene then maybe its worth the extra $$.

the location is pretty good, the staff could be better. the girl who serves breakfast in the morning is really grumpy. cleanliness could be better.

the name says it all. "Dirty" mcnastys. Reception had given away both mine and some other fellow travellers private rooms and threw us all into a 16 bedroom dorm with verbal concent of adjusting the matter with only charging us $15 per night for the inconvenience but when we went to check out, they had no recollection of this! very disappointed with the unorginisation of this fun come nighttime party hostel. the free punch was the only perk!

• 12th May 2014

Wifi was broken for all but a few hours of my four nights there. My aircon room was very hot, I would have been better in a fan room with open windows. I saw lots of bugs and spiders inside, and the shower was pretty gross. Their is construction on site but not much - didn't really bug me except for the eyesore of the large stagnant pond between the two buildings. Rum punch was good, great location, friendly staff for the most part.

If you like paying hotel style prices to stay in barracks style accommodation this is the place for you. The breakfast was very good, and the rum punch was free although i wouldn't be too sure there was much rum in it. We stayed on night and moved to cheaper and far nicer accommodation.

Room was a good size but bathroom was in need of a good scrubbing and a coat of paint. Chef did not turn up on first morning so no breakfast. The noise of the nightly party was tolerable but the mess was never cleaned up before breakfast.

The best hostel on the island if u want to have social evenings and meet lots of people as there are always people hanging out in the common area. Breakfast is nice as well. Cleaningness and rooms are so so. We had cockroaches on the ground floor :(

I liked that you had a drawer to lock anything up and were provided your own key. I had an "air conditioned" room that was sometimes warmer than it was outside, keeping in mind it was easily 90's during the day and maybe 70's at night. I would have fared better sleeping in a hammock outside.

• 27th Apr 2014