Dirty McNasty's Hostel Reviews

1 Crocodile St., Caye Caulker, Belize

Staff were really friendly, the rooms were just a bit crammed. We would stay here again

Free punch at 7.30 every day is a good socialiser.

• 11th Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

Great hostel, very chilled- free rum punch which is always a positive.

Super friendly staff and amazing atmosphere. I'd definitely come back, thanks for having me x

• 6th Nov 2015

The staff are very friendly and the location is great! The rooms are pretty basic but everything seemed clean. The free rum punch at night is a great way to meet people

Very good place to stay. We loved the breakfast and the rum punch everyday. Nice staff and good location.

This is a party hostel, good place to meet people. The staff was average, I didn't get a briefing about anything when I arrived. The guy making breakfast was awesome though. Breakfast was definitely a highlight. The number one thing to do while you stay here is the snorkeling tour they run out of the Hostel, you don't need to stay here to do it, but it makes it easier.

Breakfast was great

I had a good stay at the hostel. However I had a small incident. I had to leave in the morning and asked reception if they would be open in order to give me back my deposit. They said they would. When I wanted to give back the key and get my deposit back the day of my departure no one was there. I waited for nearly an hour and called the number of reception and noone replied. After numerous complains, they still havent given me back my deposit.

I assumed the name was ironic when booking, however the hostel is dirty and nasty. Walked into the room to find roaches on the floor. The shower was filthy and in order to use it it was necessary to hug the wall. The breakfast was nice but the free rum punch is limited to one cup.

Good fun hostel. Good wifi. Not completed yet but rooms are fine, air conditioning is really good. Not the best value for money, but the breakfast is great. Having a big omelette, filter coffee and toast every morning is ideal. Free rum punch also a plus. Not mind blowing, but good hostel and good fun too.

The free rum punch was excellent

This hostel was awesome, I did book the room wIth the aircon so the room is very nice. The main thing about thins hostel for me was how helpful the staff are, the lady at the front desk was so lovely, wether it be helping us book something, giving us information she was great. The gentleman who cooked the free breakfast (AMAZING BREAKY) best hostel breakfast I have ever had! And he is so so friendly does a great job! And he has a cute dog.

Good place to meet people and handy location for everything. Rooms are a little cramped and beds uncomfortable. It's a little dirty and a little nasty, but I guess that's to be expected!

• 3rd Aug 2015

Was seriously grim but drank a hape of rum and met some cool people so two thumbs up yo!

The private room was all fine and the breakfast really good. However when we went to check out we were in a rush and there was No one in the office to get our key deposit back. My partner ran back 10 mins later to see if anyone was there which there was but then told him they had no record of our booking and couldn't give our deposit back. As we were in a rush we had to leave but considering the booking was made online it was a pretty ridiculous statement and we had been there for 3 nights.

This is a good PARTY hostel. You've been warned! someone threw up in our room one night and the night manager refused to clean it up.

First the staff didnt give me receipt when I paid, but I asked and got one. When my girlfriend checked out one of the staff accused her for not paying the nights. Since unfortunately had the receipt at that time, she couldn't prove we had paid until they asked the staff personal of the night we arrived. All this took time. And was in the morning when we had to depart with the boat, we nearly missed it because of this confusion. Why don't give receipt? How come they blame their customers?

The whole room smelled of damp, the air con hardly worked. We woke to rain coming down the walls on the inside soaking everything and also coming thr the light buld, a electrical hazard waiting to happen. Left after one night even though we booked for 4 and they refused to take the deposit off the bill because we were leaving early. The one redeeming quality was the chef who makes good omelettes. Avoid the hostel at all costs so many other nicer and cheaper places to stay

Dirty and nasty. But free rum punch is always a plus

• 18th Jun 2015