Dirty McNasty's Hostel Reviews

1 Crocodile St., Caye Caulker, Belize

Could do with fans that actually work! But all in all enjoyed our stay. Thanks :-)

• 9th Jul 2014

Staff were very nice , happy, and helpful this was a plus. Simple but clean room and bathroom. A bit over priced for the accommodation but would I stay here again, yes I would. I am a world traveler, with over 100 countries visited, seen it all. Ron

Nice place to meet new people and party. Close to all the nice places

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

The hostel was well placed on the island. General facilities were nothing special but weren't bad. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Atmosphere wasn't great, but then again Caye Caulker isn't a party island so this was to be expected. If the swamp next to the hostel was turned into the swimming pool it is apparently going to become, this hostel would easily be the best on the island. Altogether, nice place to stay and would recommend to others

location was good and close to everything. rooms were really really hot at night. no huge complaints but wasn't awesome either, would choose somewhere with air con next time

• 15th Jun 2014

I stayed in a single room. There was some mold on the walls/ceiling. As it is, for a single room there are better values around the island. But on the other hand if you are wanting the hostel scene then maybe its worth the extra $$.

the location is pretty good, the staff could be better. the girl who serves breakfast in the morning is really grumpy. cleanliness could be better.

the name says it all. "Dirty" mcnastys. Reception had given away both mine and some other fellow travellers private rooms and threw us all into a 16 bedroom dorm with verbal concent of adjusting the matter with only charging us $15 per night for the inconvenience but when we went to check out, they had no recollection of this! very disappointed with the unorginisation of this fun come nighttime party hostel. the free punch was the only perk!

• 12th May 2014

Wifi was broken for all but a few hours of my four nights there. My aircon room was very hot, I would have been better in a fan room with open windows. I saw lots of bugs and spiders inside, and the shower was pretty gross. Their is construction on site but not much - didn't really bug me except for the eyesore of the large stagnant pond between the two buildings. Rum punch was good, great location, friendly staff for the most part.

If you like paying hotel style prices to stay in barracks style accommodation this is the place for you. The breakfast was very good, and the rum punch was free although i wouldn't be too sure there was much rum in it. We stayed on night and moved to cheaper and far nicer accommodation.

Room was a good size but bathroom was in need of a good scrubbing and a coat of paint. Chef did not turn up on first morning so no breakfast. The noise of the nightly party was tolerable but the mess was never cleaned up before breakfast.

The best hostel on the island if u want to have social evenings and meet lots of people as there are always people hanging out in the common area. Breakfast is nice as well. Cleaningness and rooms are so so. We had cockroaches on the ground floor :(

I liked that you had a drawer to lock anything up and were provided your own key. I had an "air conditioned" room that was sometimes warmer than it was outside, keeping in mind it was easily 90's during the day and maybe 70's at night. I would have fared better sleeping in a hammock outside.

• 27th Apr 2014

Free rum punch. We had an air conditioned dorm which was pretty good you can sleep under the blankets. Breakfast was really good also. Pretty close to all the main things on the island

Deserves its name.

GIVE THE DOG 'BEN' SOME LOVE. There is a dog 24/7 tide up underneath the hostel. The owner of the dog lives in the hostel so the hostel management has got nothing to do with it. He is very skinny, sad and you can tell that he has been abused. The owner of the dog said that 'Ben' is mean to people and other dogs. This is not truth at all. He is very very sweet! I walked him 6 days, fed him and gave him a worm and flies treatment. Please when you stay here, give him some food, walks and love!

• 12th Apr 2014

My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay! Instead of staying one night like originally planned we ended up staying 3 because we enjoyed it so much! Sandy at the front desk is the sweetest lady! The free breakfast was great! The cook was very friendly! Free rum punch is an added bonus along with the pool table, games and bar onsite! The bartender, Smooth, made our time very enjoyable, along with all the other guests! Overall, it was a great experience and I would definitely stay again!

• 5th Apr 2014

This hostel has a great atmosphear! You get free basic breakfast, free tasty rumpunsch every night and you always meet people to talk with. Beds are comfortable and the staff in the reception is very friendly. Although the kitchen staff is awefully rude, the outside area is hidious and the prices are high I wouldnt hesitate to stay here again.

This hostel served us well. There is much cheaper accom on the island. You need to be there to negotiate, as not many are listed online. We had fun at Dirtys. The staff are sensational and very friendly and approachable. The bathrooms aren't flash and smell a lot. I recommend air -con rooms as the fanned dorm rooms are horrific once the sun comes up. Friendly advice- don't engage in any business with Benedict, who hangs around the hostel a lot. He cannot be trusted!!!

Nice big hostel. No construction works during my stay.

View all Caye Caulker Hostels