Discover Rwanda Youth Hostel Reviews

Kacyiru Kigali, Kigali, Rwanda

We stayed for five nights and enjoyed our time. Overall facilities and staff were good, but I would recommend they upgrade their bathrooms, which are dated and in need of lighting. They do a good job cleaning every day. I would also skip their city tour through Kigali, which is more of an overpaid private taxi. You'd be better off saving your money and taking the mototaxis to the places you want to visit. I would stay here again. Also, they have good wifi and an excellent breakfast!

Good hostel at a good location. Breakfast was good and a nice place to have a beer in the evening. Only thing was a man from outside came in and try to steal some valuable stuff, luckily he got caught in time.

Sometimes there was cold water. Sometimes there was no water. Every once in a while there was hot water. ***I booked online through this website and paid a 10% down payment. However, when I checked in, I was charged the full amount. The 10% was not deducted. I caught the mistake a few days later and was told to email management. I received no response. ***Room rates are by person. I booked a double room for $22/night. When I showed up alone, I was charged $44 because the room is "double"

• 4th Aug 2015

Great place to stay in Kigali. Good location. Can be a bit loud at night. During our stay there was no water, so I would suggest installing and keeping water tanks full.

I'm used with hostels but it wasn't worth the money this time: we booked a private room and spent 2 days without running water (hot water only in dreams) and the "white" towels they provided us were brown of so grimy they were. First day staff were so lost (as if it was first time they ran out of water, but seems it's usual, looking other reviews). I travel a lot to Kigali and hotels don't run out of water and have hot water, so not a city problem... Very simple breakfast and food not that good

Great, clean, hostel in a great location. Most sights in Kigali are a $1-2 moto drive away which is perfect. Staff were friendly and it was very easy to meet other travellers. Breakfast was also very nice. The only thing that could be improved would be lockers in the rooms.

a perfect place to meet people!

It was indeed a good experience. The breakfast could be a bit faster and more efficiently organised. In general the Hostel Team is very graceful, pleasant and supportive. I could meet a number of interesting people from different walks of life. The saturday musical night was really good . I enjoyed stay at the hostel and would definitely come back. Thanks.

• 11th Jun 2015
  • India

Staff amazing. Rwanda amazing. Don't stay anywhere else.