Discover Rwanda Youth Hostel Reviews

Kacyiru Kigali, Kigali, Rwanda

Stayed 2 nights, and everything was okay, no bedbugs, nice balcony, quiet room and a nice welcoming feeling when you where at the outside common area. But no hot showers:/

Nice place, friendly people!

Friendly staff and good breakfast

Discover Rwanda Youth Hostel is clean, with friendly staff and patrons, a very relaxed atmosphere, and a nice view from the decks. Excellent wi-fi access throughout. One person in our group is a vegetarian and the day's menu didn't include a vegetarian option, but the chef happily prepared a veggie burger for our friend. Overall we really enjoyed our stay here. Would certainly recommend.

• 7th Jun 2014

Great place. Very friendly and helpful staff and a great atmosphere

Had a money crisis and the hostel owner offered to trade my non-usable 2001 bills (since Rwanda only accepts 2006 or later) so that I could pay for the hostel and my bus ticket. Hostel staff were very friendly and remembered me since I've stayed here 3 times now. Will always go back here.

Hostel is well-kept, has a very friendly and able staff, and is in a great location. "Youth" hostel is a misnomer: there were several "oldies" like me while I was there. The room was quiet and comfortable.

• 17th May 2014

We liked the location as it was relatively close to the airport, but a 60 minute walk into the city centre. Found it noisy till late at night, so sleep disturbed. An OK hostel.

A great place close to the city. Good facilities and clean. Nice big lounge area for meeting other people and it never got too loud at night. Fast WiFi too.

I enjoyed my stay, but for one thing: the bar was just below my room, which made it impossible to get any sleep until around 2 am. At one point I went down to Reception to ask if the noise could be kept to a minimum, but there were no staff around. It must have been obvious that the noise level was bound to keep other guests awake, so it's difficult to understand why the hostel staff allowed it to go on for so long. For this reason (only) I will certainly think twice about going back.

• 19th Feb 2014