Discover Rwanda Youth Hostel Reviews

Kacyiru Kigali, Kigali, Rwanda

It was indeed a good experience. The breakfast could be a bit faster and more efficiently organised. In general the Hostel Team is very graceful, pleasant and supportive. I could meet a number of interesting people from different walks of life. The saturday musical night was really good . I enjoyed stay at the hostel and would definitely come back. Thanks.

• 11th Jun 2015
  • India

Staff amazing. Rwanda amazing. Don't stay anywhere else.

Nice place. There is no many choices in Kigali. The food is so so but the included breakfast alright. Seems like most activities (pub crawl..) are suspended.

I have stayed here four times in 6 weeks and find the staff un-knowledgeable about pretty much everything (prices, distances, towels, breakfast, etc). I came back because they take credit cards (and never have change anyway). On every visit there was NO water (backed up toilets, etc). Twice I got them to order a water truck. First two times I didn't know it was an option (nor did the staff it seems). I visited in the rainy season and they were without water. Summer must be interesting.

Nice and chilly place and the only place I could find in Rwanda where a real hostelstyle atmosphere can be found. Therefore best place to hang out in Kigali area!

When they have water, this guesthouse is a good option. Breakfast was ok. Coffee was very good and unlimited.

Very charming place and friendly staff. Full of Bazungus, but that is very good to meet other travelers and discuss about journeys and adventures. Often no balance at the reception, so keep it mind to have the exact money on you or to pay with credit card. But that is also a general piece of advice when travelling.

They advertise airport pick up which I arranged by e-mail. I was told someone would be waiting for me with a hostel sign identifying who they were. I arrived at night when it was dark and there was no-one there. I called and there was no answer. Airport staff told me the hostel never uses a pick up service. I got a taxi and staff just stored at me as though they didn't know what I was talking about. I was told there would be eggs for breakfast but it was a bit f fruit and dry bread.

There are not many choices for hostels in Kigali and Discover Rwanda is about the best option. The location is good, the staff are very accommodating and striving to provide good service, there are nice areas to hang out including a bar and balconies and the breakfast is adequate.

Really nice Hostel, good facilities and location, very helpful and friendly staff, Highly recommended

• 30th Mar 2015

At the upper end of hostels for price. Great location next to the lake. Large rooms. Downside was that the BBC World News TV is played through the speakers downstairs around the bar, music would be much better in the bar.

• 30th Mar 2015

We messed up our dates (all our fault) and arrived to no airport transfer and no room. The person manning the desk late at night really went out of his way to help and accommodate us. Much appreciated. We had 2 less eventful nights there, the staff were friendly, the room was basic but clean and the wifi was good. The food was also pretty decent especially the spag bol on one of the nights. It's too far from the city to walk, but it's near a direct bus route, again the staff helped with this.

Ticks all the boxes - clean, safe, lots of hot water and super friendly & helpful staff. Stayed in their Gisenyi hostel too - it's also amazing!

Great and helpfull staff and the best breakfast. and hot showers on the first floor