Discover Rwanda Youth Hostel Reviews

Kacyiru Kigali, Kigali, Rwanda

Ticks all the boxes - clean, safe, lots of hot water and super friendly & helpful staff. Stayed in their Gisenyi hostel too - it's also amazing!

Great and helpfull staff and the best breakfast. and hot showers on the first floor

I thought Discover Rwanda was a pretty good place to stay. They helped us when we needed it and were very smiley. They had a board of activities, however some of them didn't happen. It could be because of the off-season, but I imagine how much fun the place would be during the on-season.

It would be hard to find much to complain about at Discover Rwanda, Kigali. Although arrogant European backpackers are unavoidable at any hostel across the globe the staff themselves are both extremely amicable and accommodating.

• 21st Nov 2014

Nice hostel, very helpful staff and good breakfast is included. The only thing that would be nice is to have your own locker, at the moment they only have one general safety locker for all the guests. They have just opened a new hostel in gisenyi that is highly recommendable!!

In october/14, I spend three days in this hostel during my backpack trip trough East Africa and it was on of the best days ever. All the structure and atmosphere made these days wonderful, but my highlight is for the staff: they are the best people of all. I have special thanks to Privat Rutayisire, who treated me VERY well, with attention, kindness, responsability and respect. Other thanks to Pascaline and Innonciate, they are wonderful employees also.

I stayed at Discover Rwanda with friends for about a week, and had a great time. I wish the bathrooms had been a bit cleaner and would have appreciated access to proper safety lockers, but the place was full of friendly people and excellent staff, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Norway

This a very chilled out hostel, perfect for relaxing and using as base for exploring the rest of the country. Kigali is a very spread out city so whilst the location isn't great it couldn't be much better. The staff are great. It would be good if they played music. The WIFI is pretty good. It's clean for African backpacker accommodation! There weren't any lockers in our room and the security lock up wasn't great.