Discover Rwanda Youth Hostel Reviews

Kacyiru Kigali, Kigali, Rwanda

If you want to meet all the interesting people who work in NGOs and travel across Africa - stay here!

I like this place, but it needs some updates, and because of the age and type of building, they definitely need to stay on top of cleaning it (i.e. the showers and the bathrooms). The staff were very friendly, but could have been more knowledgeable. It's also quite expensive as hostels go, though that is probably (at least partly) due to Kigali being more expensive than your average African city.

Great hostel for travelers. The staff was endlessly friendly and helpful. The food was great. Easy moto ride to anywhere in Kigali. Great mix of people to network with. Would recommend this to anyone and will stay here again.

I had a wonderful stay at Discover Rwanda - the staff are unbelievably helpful, the hostel is clean and comfortable, and there is a communal bar area that makes it really easy to meet both fellow travellers and also local people who come for a drink. I would recommend this place for anyone new to Rwanda, and especially anyone travelling alone.

• 18th Aug 2014

great place for young people

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Sanitary facilities are not very nice, but who really cares when staff and atmosphere are great? Breakfast could be improved

Overall a great cheap place to stay. However its not located right in the city, about a 10 min drive to the heart of the city.

Stayed 2 nights, and everything was okay, no bedbugs, nice balcony, quiet room and a nice welcoming feeling when you where at the outside common area. But no hot showers:/

Nice place, friendly people!

Friendly staff and good breakfast

Discover Rwanda Youth Hostel is clean, with friendly staff and patrons, a very relaxed atmosphere, and a nice view from the decks. Excellent wi-fi access throughout. One person in our group is a vegetarian and the day's menu didn't include a vegetarian option, but the chef happily prepared a veggie burger for our friend. Overall we really enjoyed our stay here. Would certainly recommend.

• 7th Jun 2014

Great place. Very friendly and helpful staff and a great atmosphere

Had a money crisis and the hostel owner offered to trade my non-usable 2001 bills (since Rwanda only accepts 2006 or later) so that I could pay for the hostel and my bus ticket. Hostel staff were very friendly and remembered me since I've stayed here 3 times now. Will always go back here.

Hostel is well-kept, has a very friendly and able staff, and is in a great location. "Youth" hostel is a misnomer: there were several "oldies" like me while I was there. The room was quiet and comfortable.

• 17th May 2014

We liked the location as it was relatively close to the airport, but a 60 minute walk into the city centre. Found it noisy till late at night, so sleep disturbed. An OK hostel.