Discover Rwanda Youth Hostel Reviews

Kacyiru Kigali, Kigali, Rwanda

Very charming place and friendly staff. Full of Bazungus, but that is very good to meet other travelers and discuss about journeys and adventures. Often no balance at the reception, so keep it mind to have the exact money on you or to pay with credit card. But that is also a general piece of advice when travelling.

They advertise airport pick up which I arranged by e-mail. I was told someone would be waiting for me with a hostel sign identifying who they were. I arrived at night when it was dark and there was no-one there. I called and there was no answer. Airport staff told me the hostel never uses a pick up service. I got a taxi and staff just stored at me as though they didn't know what I was talking about. I was told there would be eggs for breakfast but it was a bit f fruit and dry bread.

There are not many choices for hostels in Kigali and Discover Rwanda is about the best option. The location is good, the staff are very accommodating and striving to provide good service, there are nice areas to hang out including a bar and balconies and the breakfast is adequate.

Really nice Hostel, good facilities and location, very helpful and friendly staff, Highly recommended

• 30th Mar 2015

At the upper end of hostels for price. Great location next to the lake. Large rooms. Downside was that the BBC World News TV is played through the speakers downstairs around the bar, music would be much better in the bar.

• 30th Mar 2015

Ticks all the boxes - clean, safe, lots of hot water and super friendly & helpful staff. Stayed in their Gisenyi hostel too - it's also amazing!

Great and helpfull staff and the best breakfast. and hot showers on the first floor

I thought Discover Rwanda was a pretty good place to stay. They helped us when we needed it and were very smiley. They had a board of activities, however some of them didn't happen. It could be because of the off-season, but I imagine how much fun the place would be during the on-season.

It would be hard to find much to complain about at Discover Rwanda, Kigali. Although arrogant European backpackers are unavoidable at any hostel across the globe the staff themselves are both extremely amicable and accommodating.

• 21st Nov 2014