Discover Rwanda Youth Hostel Reviews

Kacyiru Kigali, Kigali, Rwanda

We stayed for five nights and enjoyed our time. Overall facilities and staff were good, but I would recommend they upgrade their bathrooms, which are dated and in need of lighting. They do a good job cleaning every day. I would also skip their city tour through Kigali, which is more of an overpaid private taxi. You'd be better off saving your money and taking the mototaxis to the places you want to visit. I would stay here again. Also, they have good wifi and an excellent breakfast!

Good hostel at a good location. Breakfast was good and a nice place to have a beer in the evening. Only thing was a man from outside came in and try to steal some valuable stuff, luckily he got caught in time.

Sometimes there was cold water. Sometimes there was no water. Every once in a while there was hot water. ***I booked online through this website and paid a 10% down payment. However, when I checked in, I was charged the full amount. The 10% was not deducted. I caught the mistake a few days later and was told to email management. I received no response. ***Room rates are by person. I booked a double room for $22/night. When I showed up alone, I was charged $44 because the room is "double"

• 4th Aug 2015

Great place to stay in Kigali. Good location. Can be a bit loud at night. During our stay there was no water, so I would suggest installing and keeping water tanks full.

I'm used with hostels but it wasn't worth the money this time: we booked a private room and spent 2 days without running water (hot water only in dreams) and the "white" towels they provided us were brown of so grimy they were. First day staff were so lost (as if it was first time they ran out of water, but seems it's usual, looking other reviews). I travel a lot to Kigali and hotels don't run out of water and have hot water, so not a city problem... Very simple breakfast and food not that good

Great, clean, hostel in a great location. Most sights in Kigali are a $1-2 moto drive away which is perfect. Staff were friendly and it was very easy to meet other travellers. Breakfast was also very nice. The only thing that could be improved would be lockers in the rooms.

a perfect place to meet people!

It was indeed a good experience. The breakfast could be a bit faster and more efficiently organised. In general the Hostel Team is very graceful, pleasant and supportive. I could meet a number of interesting people from different walks of life. The saturday musical night was really good . I enjoyed stay at the hostel and would definitely come back. Thanks.

• 11th Jun 2015
  • India

Staff amazing. Rwanda amazing. Don't stay anywhere else.

Nice place. There is no many choices in Kigali. The food is so so but the included breakfast alright. Seems like most activities (pub crawl..) are suspended.

I have stayed here four times in 6 weeks and find the staff un-knowledgeable about pretty much everything (prices, distances, towels, breakfast, etc). I came back because they take credit cards (and never have change anyway). On every visit there was NO water (backed up toilets, etc). Twice I got them to order a water truck. First two times I didn't know it was an option (nor did the staff it seems). I visited in the rainy season and they were without water. Summer must be interesting.

Nice and chilly place and the only place I could find in Rwanda where a real hostelstyle atmosphere can be found. Therefore best place to hang out in Kigali area!

When they have water, this guesthouse is a good option. Breakfast was ok. Coffee was very good and unlimited.

Very charming place and friendly staff. Full of Bazungus, but that is very good to meet other travelers and discuss about journeys and adventures. Often no balance at the reception, so keep it mind to have the exact money on you or to pay with credit card. But that is also a general piece of advice when travelling.

They advertise airport pick up which I arranged by e-mail. I was told someone would be waiting for me with a hostel sign identifying who they were. I arrived at night when it was dark and there was no-one there. I called and there was no answer. Airport staff told me the hostel never uses a pick up service. I got a taxi and staff just stored at me as though they didn't know what I was talking about. I was told there would be eggs for breakfast but it was a bit f fruit and dry bread.