Discover Rwanda Youth Hostel Reviews

Kacyiru Kigali, Kigali, Rwanda

I enjoyed my stay, but for one thing: the bar was just below my room, which made it impossible to get any sleep until around 2 am. At one point I went down to Reception to ask if the noise could be kept to a minimum, but there were no staff around. It must have been obvious that the noise level was bound to keep other guests awake, so it's difficult to understand why the hostel staff allowed it to go on for so long. For this reason (only) I will certainly think twice about going back.

• 19th Feb 2014
  • Scotland

A very nice environment for travellers or people looking for opportunities in Rwanda. An excellent meeting place at a good location in the middle of Kigali. Ive been staying in the hostel twice now and everytime I had a very good experience. It is very safe, the staff is very friendly and helpfull, and outside there are many taxis and motors waiting to take you to all corners of the city. There is warm water all day and a very good internet connection.

• 15th Jan 2014
  • Belgium

They kicked out a really nice american girl because they couldn't deal with her claiming 2 nights they had promised to refund, but didnt... They instead accused her of stealing food to kick her out! Management should make an effort to be honest and keep "hotel standards" for their guests... Other than that, I had a nice time, except that it is UNFINDABLE if you don't know how to get there... Better indications in the "How to get there" section should be done as soon as possible!

Convenient location, very friendly and helpful staff, good wifi, has everything you need.

• 15th Dec 2013

This was a great place to stay to meet other travelers. Wifi worked well, and the rooms were kept clean. It is a great spot to meet people on weekends and has a bar. There is a great outdoor lounge area to hang out with others or just to read and relax.

• 26th Nov 2013

I had a lovely time at Discover Rwanda. Everything about the facility is comfortable and inviting. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. the location is great, it'y quiet, I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else when I go back to Kigali... and I will be back.

• 21st Nov 2013
  • Samboga

Very disorganized. Poor security, rude staff, and they couldn't keep track of my payments. Don't trust them with your money. Also there are drainage issues... Very gross. I wouldn't stay there again.