Discovery Cafe & Guest House Reviews

No. 3 Jalan Bunga Raya, Malacca, Melaka, Malaysia

It's alright, great atmosphere and relaxing.

I stayed for one night only at dorm, it was a good deal for me, the location was great..its very easy to find this hostel since the building was very catchy that you wont miss it..the staff was friendly..they even gave me a map and advice to explore melacca, they also have so many electric socket so you can easily charge your handphone ;)

I really loved the staff, they were amazing! I've seen nicer facilities, but only payed 3 euro for a bed in the dorm. Very good price with nice people.

I enjoyed staying there very much, the staff were very helpful and lovely people to talk to. Location is good, near joker area and famous churches. Their breakfast is simple but satisfying given that its free. :) Would love to stay there again!

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Singapore

Awesome location and place to stay for cheap, staff was really friendly. We booked the wrong day by accident and they were very accomodating about it. WiFi was slow, but that was the only issue.

Good hostel in a right location. Breakfast included and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The other Hostel mostly not provide the breakfast.

nobody was there. but the squeaky floor is loud. apart from that. perfect! not the closest from the river, but the city is so small...

Perhaps the floorboards were a little too creaky, or perhaps other guests were a little unaccommodating, especially when walking about (and aloud) very early in the morning.

We stayed in a double bed room with private bathroom, shower was not completely cold, but not really warm either. The room was clean and the aircon did a great job. The cafe of the hostel had life music (good singer) and nice food at night, just the blinking lights were a bit much. Nevrertheless, we enjoyed our relaxed stay and a cold room to come back to.It is close to the center, but not directly at the street, so not loud and we did not have any troubles sleeping because of the wooden floor

I spent two nights on the dorm (are just 1 minute walking from Discovery Cafe). Was Ok, clean, friendly staff, toilets clean, good ubication but a small room.

Bit of a weird set-up, looked half finished during our stay. The room itself was clean, but everywhere else needed a bit of attention. Very central (all of the sights are a short walk away) and a decent price.

Didn't particularly enjoy my stay here. The guy Alan who everyone seems to speak highly of must have been away and the staff that replaced him werent very helpful and at times were even a little creepy. You're much better off walking around jonker St to find a place as I walked past loads of hostels there that looked a lot nicer for similar prices.

It was a good hostel. Clean and and close to everywhere. However, I barely slept for the duration of my stay as the floorboards are squeeky and the walls ultra thin so you can hesr everything.

• 12th Feb 2015

He opened a new part of his hostel round the corner. i stayed in the dormitory there and all was o.k. there

• 28th Jan 2015

Apparently there was a weird guy in the dorms so the staff explained this and told me I could stay in a private room for the same price, I thought that was pretty considerate. It's simple and the music was pretty loud at night but after 12 it stopped.

The guesthouse is divided into to parts. The reception and restaurant is the bad part. The house with the rooms the good one. Alan takes care of the rooms and the guests and does a great job. You'll have everything you need and will meet many fellow travellers. The guy at the reception is unfriendly, unhelpful and you might have to wait a long time. The restaurant is terrible especially the breakfast. They don't even offer tea. Stayed January 2015

Great hostel, I can recommend it 100%!! Thank you Alan for everything only point of improvement: turn the volume down at the café, to enable chatting ;)

Great place to stay, thanks Alan!

We stayed at another location, 2 minutes walk from the Cafe. Window was opened directly to the hostel corridor.

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

Great place to stay. Alan the host is amazing. Very friendly and helps in every matter. He even found a new raincoat for my backpack. highly to recommend.

• 19th Dec 2014