X
NOTE: 9 or more guests qualifies as a group booking, change the number of guests to return to normal search.
Enquire Now HostelBookers Logo Group of 15 or more?

Our sister site HostelBookers can create a tailor-made booking plan for your large travel group.

Discovery Hostel

Rua Benjamin Constant 26, Glória, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

96%Rating

  • 96%Value For Money
  • 95%Security
  • 94%Location
  • 99%Staff
  • 97%Atmosphere
  • 97%Cleanliness
  • 97%Facilities

Property Information:

We take pride in hosting you in the former vacation home of Rio Negro's baroness, Eufrasia Teixeira Leite. Our hostel has 27 beds in four theme dorm rooms and two comfy private rooms. The premises include: fully equipped kitchen, computer's lounge, reception & tourist information desk, TV area, bar & chill out patio. Pamper yourself with our customized beds, thick mattresses, big lockers, personal control lights, A/C and all the relaxation you will need for a good night's sleep.

Developed by world travelers, Discovery Hostel in Rio de Janiero provides backpackers and budget-minded globetrotters all the comfort of a boutique hostel and the coziness and warmth of a home-stay. We have a strong focus on creating a clean, open and friendly social environment making Discovery Hostel the ideal base for travelers who want to explore Rio and have an experience of a lifetime.

Discovery Hostel opens its doors and invites you to stay with us in a place overflowing with historical value. Enjoy all the comforts and amenities of the present with the character and charm in this gem of the past.

Search for availability

City Guide

Listen to our Rio De Janeiro podcast for a taste of what to expect there.
  • Latest Review

    It is ineed the Nr 1 Hostel in Rio. Staff are taking care of you and never had so friendliy staff on my trip so fare. Loction is perfect too, you have the metro in 1 min. away and brings you in 15 min to Ipanema or Copacabana. Nightlife (Lapa) you can rich in 10 min waking distance. If you can catch this hostel, do It!!! Thx for this great 10 Days in Diiscovery!!! Simon (swiss)
    Read More
      Anonymous, Switzerland, Male, 25-30

Facilities

  • 24 Hour Reception
  • 24 Hour Security
  • Adaptors
  • Air Conditioning
  • Airport Transfers
  • ATM
  • Bar
  • BBQ
  • Bicycle Parking
  • Board games
  • Book Exchange
  • Breakfast Included
  • Cable TV
  • Cafe
  • Ceiling Fan
  • Common Room
  • Currency Exchange
  • Free City Maps
  • Free Internet Access
  • Free WiFi
  • Hairdryers
  • Hairdryers For Hire
  • Hot Showers
  • Housekeeping
  • Internet Access
  • Kitchen
  • Laundry Facilities
  • Linen Included
  • Lockers
  • Luggage Storage
  • Outdoor Terrace
  • Reading Light
  • Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
  • Tours/Travel Desk
  • Towels for hire
  • Vending Machines
  • Washing machine


Hostel Awards

  • 2014 Hoscar Winner
  • 1st
  • Continent Winners Latin America
  • 2014 Hoscar Winner
  • 1st
  • Country Winners Brazil
Hoscar Nominations
  • Nominee 2014
  • Worldwide Small Hostel
  • 2014 1st Continent Winners Latin America
  • 2014 1st Country Winners Brazil

View all Award Winners

Policies

  • Credit Cards Not Accepted
  • No Curfew
  • Taxes Included


Cancellation Policy

This property has a 2 day cancellation policy.
Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.

Things to Note

Check In: 14:00 PM Check out: 11:00 AM 48 hour cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay. **Taxes Included, Deposits are non-refundable, Cancellation Policy 24 hour cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay. *Please note that once you have paid the 10% deposit through Hostelworld for our New Year or Carnaval packages the reservation will only be confirmed upon receipt of payment for another 20% of the total. We will contact you once you have made your original reservation with further information. Bookings without the full 30% deposit up front will not be honoured. The remaining 70% is to be paid at check in. Extra nights will be charged at normal rates. The dates of the package are flexible. If you need to make changes after the booking please contact us immediately.





Discovery Hostel Located at Rua Benjamin Constant 26, Glória, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro.
Discovery Hostel
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro Rio de Janeiro 20241-150 Rua Benjamin Constant 26, Glória, Rio de Janeiro
96% 272
-22.9204724 -43.1778573
Discovery Hostel
    Rooms available     Deluxe Double Bed Private Shared Bathroom     Standard Double Bed Private Shared Bathroom     Deluxe 6 Bed Female Dorm Ensuite     Standard 6 Bed Mixed Dorm     Standard 6 Bed Mixed Dorm     Standard 9 Bed Mixed Dorm
Please give us your feedback