Discovery Hostel Reviews

Rua Benjamin Constant 26, Glória, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The hostel was nice but the walls were pretty thin. Also it wasn't as close to the beach as we thought it was. They also had a very cute cat Leche =^.^=

Excellent hostel. Very clean and full of friendly helpful staff. Showers are hot and clean. Location is really good, right beside a metro so doesnt take long to get into the city. Ideal for nights out in Lapa and a great hostel to meet other like minded travellers

Such a fantastic hostel, possibly the best of my 3 months in South America! So close to metro meaning you're close toto everything. Great staff, great breakfast, great facilities. Perfect for solo travellers as it is super social. Definitely stay here!!

great location and extremely helpful staff.

Our first hostel I'm South America and could hardly fault it. Staff were super welcoming, always helpful and gave us a great introduction to the city. Rooms, kitchen and bathrooms were always clean- bedding too. Hostel located near bus and metro stops meaning relatively simple to get to all areas of the city. Make sure to ask David for the Discovery Caiprinah (we think he's still discovering the perfect mix!)

Best Hostel we've stayed in in South America. My partner and I stayed in both a private room and a dorm room. They rooms have everything you need. Bathrooms are always kept clean, the breakfast in the morning is amazing. The staff at this property are absolutley fantasic and really make the place very social. We meet so many nice people during our stay here. Even tho the hostel is a little away from the beaches the metro is a 2min walk away from hostel and very cheap to travel on.

Wish I could've stayed longer. Very chill and clean hostel with good proximity to the nightlife of Lapa. Great common areas to meet fellow travelers. David the bartender will get you nice and buzzed with inventive drinks before hitting up the samba clubs!

Brilliant hostel. Great location. Really friendly staff. Good breakfast and exceptionally clean!!!

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. Cosy and homely, never too full with people, as such there's always a great friendly environment. Zion and all the guys that work there are amazing too. Believe all the other great reviews - this place really is awesome!

My first hostel experience and it was great! I found the staff to be extremely welcoming and helpful - providing advise and directions to make my weekend trip packed with sights and adventure. I traveled to Rio to see the sights and although I spent only a little bit of time at the hostel itself, it was enough to make me feel safe, energized, and adventurous traveling into a new foreign city. Discovery Hostel was a great addition to making my trip memorable.

My first stay in a hostel and it was truly an amazing experience. Super clean house with everything you could possibly need. Really close to buses and metro. Delicious breakfast and great people working there. I made so many wonderful friends and there were always recommendations on the board for things to do in the city. I had non stop fun and I wish I could have stayed longer! Five stars!

• 6th May 2015

I loved Discovery Hostel! Next time I go to Rio I will be staying here again. It has the perfect atmosphere for those just looking to have some fun. It is easy to make friends and the staff is wonderful. LOVED Discovery Hostel.

• 5th May 2015

great hostel, the owner really understands what it takes to make a Hostel fun and enjoyable

Very nice place

One of if not the best hostel ive stayed in, staff so friendly, helpful and put the time into ensuring there is plenty for you to do day or night!

• 25th Apr 2015

awesome place with awesome staff

One of the best hostels we stayed in during 3.5 months of travelling around South America. Helpful staff, clean (although ours was small for 9) rooms with comfortable beds each with their own shelf, light and plug. Breakfast every morning was lovely - homemade cake, fruit, bread and French toast.

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Well-organized, friendly, and dedicated team of staff.

One of the best hostels I've been to! Super clean, organized and comfortable. The staff goes above and beyond to make you feel comfortable. It's walking distance to the best places. The location is perfect - metro is on the corner. I preferred staying here than in copa or ipanema because there's more to do in this area and everything is cheaper. Plus copa is just a 10 min metro ride away when you do want to check it out. I highly recommend!

• 20th Apr 2015

Pros: Super friendly staff. I had my bag stolen at the beach and they were more than helpful (special thanks to Santiago, Tati, Fred and Rob); Wi-fi available in the rooms; Breakfast delicious; Comfortable beds (even though they are 3-floor bunk beds) with light and plug. Cons: Does not have many places to eat at night nearby (It's super close to a metro station, which is a big plus); Some receptionists could learn more about the city, I was sent to have lunch in a restaurant that was closed.

« first « Prev 1 2 3