Discovery Hostel Reviews

Rua Benjamin Constant 26, Glória, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I don't know how to mention high and low points, because I've just seen high points. It's a really clean and organized place, everything is new, lot's of facilities, it's located just some steps of the subway station and the staffs are so helpful.

- you can give just a little bit better exchange rate, in hostel was 2.1, at the exchange office 2.45 :)

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Poland

We enjoyed our stay at discovery the staff were extremely helpful and facilities were clean and fun! Only downfall was the tiny shared bathroom for the private rooms which seemed to always be cold. Would recommend:)

I had an excellent experience at Discovery Hostel. The staff in particular were the stand out for me, they were all extremely knowledgeable, friendly and fun. Taiane in particular was so good to me and really went above and beyond to ensure I had a great experience. I would recommend anyone visiting Rio to stay at Discovery, the location and hostel amenities were outstanding and I really believe the great staff separates this hostel from the others,

• 3rd Oct 2014

There is nothing bad. I felt so welcomed I would go back any time! It is steps from the subway.

Nice clean hostel, good atmosphere, great staff and great breakfast. Only problem for a tall guy was how to get in the middle of the three bunk beds.

First hostel of my trip and what I now compare everything to. The staff were friendly and informative, breakfast was great and evening Caipirinhas were only 5R! Good location beside the metro and within walking distance of Santa Teresa and Lapa. Have recommended it to others on my travels, who have subsequently stayed there and agreed.

A lovely hostel, very friendly and felt likle home! Great Wifi and Comfy beds with very clean shared bathrooms! Dorms had 3 story bunk beds which looked a bit high but they were more sturdy than ones in other hostels! They even let us come back and use the wifi after we had checked out! GREAT PLEACE TO STAY!

• 13th Sep 2014

Great place to meet other travellers. All staff were very helpful, the hostel is clean, homely and close to everything as the subway is just round the corner. If I return to Rio I'll be staying here. Thanks for a great stay.

I like this hostel because of its perfect location, very helpful staff, good breakfast, and good facilities. It's just 2-3 minutes walk from the Gloria metro station. Enrique was really helpful briefing us where to go, what to do, he even provided us with some tips like sunset time, best way to go where and maps with commentary that is really helpful tool. Breakfast was average but it's free. The design of the rooms and the bathroom is really nice and functionality-wise it's good.

Well run with lots of the things that matter to travellers done right (showers, big lockers, adapters etc available). Good atmosphere and staff make an effort to remember your name an ensure you have all you need for a good stay. Well done.

This was an amazing hostel. Comfortable vibe, friendly staff who are informative about the area, and are even happy to take you out on the town! Feels like home, but better because you are in Rio!

Discovery Hostel is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff really make you feel at home and provide an incredibly informative introduction to the city. The breakfast is excellent, the beds are super comfy, the rooms come with everything you could possibly need or want, the internet works well, and the hostel is situated right next to a metro stop, grocery store, and a 10 minute walk from one of the most beautiful neighborhoods in Rio, Santa Teresa. Amazing place.

• 30th Aug 2014

Discovery was by far the best hostel we have stayed at, Enrique and his staff were extremely helpful and made the place feel like a home away from home. Great bar and outdoor courtyard and all the other amenities that you expect from a great hostel. We also booked transfers and excursions through the hostel and all were great experiences. This place is a must when visiting Rio

Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. As a solo female traveler I felt 100% safe in the hostel and the neighborhood. Close to the Metro, downtown Rio, restaurants and shops. Excellent location. If you are not a fan of heights, be sure to ask for a lower bunk because the high ones are very high. Beds have space to sit up fully, which is a big plus. Will be back!

Very convenient location. Staff helpful and friendly, arranged day trips and airport transfers. Very close to metro station and supermarket. Great breakfast. spacious and clearn rooms. Bunk beds were very high, glad I wasn't on the top one (of three.)

An INCREDIBLE hostel! Felt like our home for the few days we stayed there. Loved the friendly atmosphere and relationships with the staff. An absolute pleasure to stay here, would definitely come back and recommend to friends!

Great Hostel. It definitely feels like home! Metro near by....bank down the road....supermarket within a two minute walk. I definitely would recommend a stay in this friendly, clean and quirky little Utopia in Lapa. If there was one piece of advice I would offer....it's to make sure all staff are consistent in how to approach the bar situation at night. On a few occasions, the laid back female Australian receptionist was rude to a couple of my friends when they asked for drinks.

• 21st Aug 2014

Loved this place! The staff were amazing, really Friendly, clean, nice ppl, great breakfast loved in!

• 20th Aug 2014

The Discovery Hostel was definitely one of the best hostels I stayed at in south america!The staff is incredible helpful and gives you a personal 20-30min overview/introduction to the stunning city of Rio!The Hostel itself is really lovely and has got lots of nice little features making it interesting and beautiful. The social area is perfect for hanging out, meeting like-minded travelers or trying one of the bars delicious cocktails. Rooms/lockers are spacious and everything is tidy and clean!

« first « Prev 1 2 3