Discovery Hostel Reviews

Rua Benjamin Constant 26, Glória, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Loved the hostel. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is amazing. It's small enough that you get to know lots of people but it's not so small that it's crampt. Shower is often busy but it's a great shower with hot water. Would definately recommend the hostel.

This is one of the best hostels I've ever been to. I felt like I was at home with family and I would stay at Discovery again in a heartbeat. They do a great job of bringing everyone together and really encourage you to get out and explore Rio. Comfy beds, staff who become friends, good food/drinks and a safe, special and welcoming environment - all the things you could ask for in a hostel and more.

The staff were all so welcoming and helpful which made me feel at ease having just arrived in Brazil! The hostel was clean and the rooms were great AND they manage to keep a great atmosphere in the hostel. I always felt I could just go and ask the staff if I needed anything from a translation to recommendations! I only stayed 2 nights but I would defiantly go back :)

• 20th Jan 2016

GREAT! Whether you're a backpacker or just a person there for the weekend on business - it'll delight you! From great Caiprinhas at great value to waking up to the smell of banana loaf for breakfast. Really chilled out vibe all-round and would highly recommend it to anyone planning on going to Rio. Made some really good friends there including the staff.

• 19th Jan 2016
  • Scotland

I liked this hostel. It is more catered to foreigners though. Breakfast is interesting, although not the authentic brazilian breakfast. The hostel is in the same street as Metro Gloria and it is close to Santos Dumont Airport ( by taxi about 15 Reais). Staff is professional and they suggest activities for the day and night. There is a free tour through Rio Downtown just like freetours worldwide (on tips). It is a nice way to get to know that area. Thank you!

Loved this hostel. It has a "home" atmosphere, beds are very comfortable, staff is incredibly nice and helpful, breakfast is varied and plentiful. The metro station is a block away from the hostel and the staff offer a free walking tour around three different areas in the city. Great place to meet fellow travelers (lots of solo travallers!). We will be coming back to rio in a few months and will absolutely stay here again.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in! Great atmosphere, awesome staff who are also very helpful. Good facilities, close to the metro which means beaches and other attractions very easy to travel to. Would highly recommend!

I highly recommend this hostel - comfortable beds, helpful staff and the atmosphere is spot on. I would definitely stay here again!

This is one of the few hostels I've been to where, as soon as you get in, you have a sense that they have things figured out and know what running a hostel is about. Staff, location and cleanliness (which are the most important attributes in my opinion) are excellent. Keep up the good work!

The staff at discovery were extremely friendly and helpful. They organised tours through the hostel & gave you a run down of the city as soon as you got there. Facilities were fantastic & breakfast was great! Great courtyard where everyone comes together & drinks caipirinhas. Great location - close to the nightlife at lapa and even closer to the subway. Loved this hostel!

Clean and friendly hostel just a 2 minute walk from the Metro station in Gloria, the staff were well informed and could answer all our questions, rooms were spacious and clean. Only negative we went on a night out with the hostel and got taken to a very expensive club, which I think they got commission for. A great hostel but maybe go out for drinks with guests into Lapa

Awesome hostel. Loved my time here, relatively small hostel compared to some others so not a huge party atmosphere but we had some great nights out (best to just get your own group together and wander into Lapa in 10 mins). Easy metro to the beach. Staff are great fun, the intro chat from them of the Rio map will provide more ideas than you can fit in the time. Most people buy their own food and cook here at least when I was there. Overall, loved it.

Great hostel, I stayed over the holidays and the atmosphere was amazing! The hostel always had activities planned to bring everyone together such as tours and nights out. It's located in a really lively neighbourhood and was minute walk away from a metro station that takes you everywhere. It was also walking distance from Lapa so going out at night was really easy. Would definitely recommend to anyone staying in Rio :)))

Staff were really amazing and gave us so much info on arrival. Right next to the metro. Rooms were really clean.

I had a fantastic time staying at Discovery. Although not close to the beach, the subway is just down the street, and the hostel is located close to the nightlife in Lapa. A wide variety of tours were available, and the staff were incredibly helpful with every question or request. The atmosphere was great. Hostel was very clean, breakfast and happy hour were wonderful, and the other travelers came from a wide variety of countries and were all excited to meet and spend time with new friends!

Very friendly and accommodating staff. Clean rooms and toilets. Friendly atmosphere for solo, couple and group travelers. The location is very near to Gloria Station which you can access all the tourist spots from this point. I've met a lot of good and friendly people on this hostel, I hope you'll find one too.

Great Hostel, great Staff And great experience ! Thanks To David to take care of us during the day and also at night! You guys rock!

Felt very looked after. And so many activities

• 10th Dec 2015

Is this the greatest hostel ever?? I am pretty sure it is up there!! This place is amazing, such a brilliant atmosphere and just great people, I felt like I was at home. Really great place, this is the only place to stay in Rio!!

Great place.. Friendly and helpful staff. The sleeping arrangements were great in nice clean linen. Would and already have recomend to anyone traveling to Rio.

« first « Prev 1 2 3