Discovery Hostel Reviews

Rua Benjamin Constant 26, Glória, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Fantastic hostel- very clean, comfy beds and a great atmosphere. Staff were very helpful! Everything you could want in a hostel and more! Definitely recommend this place.

A lot of thought has gone into this amazing place and the staff really made it, especially the super cool Ozzy girl at reception who was really helpful with everything.

Super gorgeous hostel with great staff and atmosphere. Was in a 6 bed female dorm with ensuite and it was perfect - although top bunk not great for anyone with vertigo or if you head out for to many drinks! Fab spot and most likely will head back there again. Highly recommended.

Discovery hostel was great! Amazing breakfast in the morning and really helpful staff! I think it's the best hostel in rio by far!

We really enjoyed our stay there. Staff was awesome: friendly, helpful and always available when needed! The rooms are clean and have triple bunk-beds, so be sure not to be suffering from vertigo when chosing the topmost bed ;-)

Very good hostel with a well run and well organised set-up. Breakfast was very varied and enjoyable. The communal area was great for meeting people and the wifi was generally pretty good. Located next to a subway meant the whole city was accesible.

This hostel had a great (backpacker) atmosphere. As a couple it was easy to be social when we liked, and just talk to eachother when we liked. The breakfast was nice, and it felt good to actually do our own dishes for once. The drawback was the fact that we had to walk by people hanging in the chillout area to get to the shower/toilet.

• 24th Nov 2014
  • Norway

I've been to Discovery Hostel twice and each time I felt at home. It's so cozy! I love the beds and pillows, super comfortable. By far the best bed I've ever slept in a hostel. The staff is very friendly and helpful, they really care about guests and host different dinner events like churrasco. Very clean and organized. The hostel is close to Lapa and Gloria metro stop, so it's easy to get to many places. The atmosphere is very chill and homey. When I return to Rio, I know I'll stay here again.

Very good hostel! It had everything you find nice about other hostels, all combined in this one!

• 17th Nov 2014

Wonderful hostel in Rio. Super friendly and helpful staff. Very close to Metro station and short walk to Lapa and Santa Theresa. Great vibe. Awesome breakfast. I'm looking forward to staying there again when I arrive back in Rio.

Nice enough hostel offering good access to the tube. Aircon in the dorm was a plus. Not keen on the shaky triple bunks or the foam pillow but had an ok few nights sleep and met some nice people. Closest beach was a bit of a let down and staff recommended I avoid it as it wasn't very clean. Staff were lacking in local knowledge. When I asked where was a good local restaurant I was told "I don't know, I never eat out". Not really what you want to hear. Good breaky though and everything was clean

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Wales

nice hostel. good location and a chilled place to hang out mid week, easy walk to lapa and santa teresa

Absolutely Fantastic, from checking in to checking out. The staff are wonderfully friendly and know all the good activities for the daytime and all the great parties in the evening. There's never a shortage of guests to get along with. A great laugh, couldn't recommend it more!

• 1st Nov 2014

Fantastic stay at Discovery hostel!! The location is great for Lapa nightlife but not noisey. Breakfast was really yummy (French toast, fruit, bread rolls, jams, cakes and juices). Rooms were clean and nicely decorated, although the 3 tier bunks were rather high. Hostel in general is nicely decorated and the staff really lovely and helpful! Would really recommend :)

Probably the best Hostel I have ever stayed in! The Hostel is run by very experienced travelers. They have incorporated all the good stuff they have experienced so far during their stays at Hostels around the world into their Hostel. The best thing about that Hostel is probably the staff: extremely friendly and helpful. Apart from that: good facility, always clean, good location and an amazing atmosphere. Trust me: its worth the extra money! Do not book one of the cheaper ones in Rio!!

We totally loved this place, so much so that we booked back in for our last night in rio. The staff were so keen to help us, show us about and talk us through maps. Breakfast was great, some if the staff made fresh cakes. The place was super clean and right next to the metro to head to the beaches. We'll defo be back! Thank u guys

Discovery was the best hostel I have stayed at in South America. Super friendly staff who will proactively help you with anything, very social atmosphere, clean, safe, amazing breakfast. Perfect to relax and finding other people to enjoy your stay in Rio. One minute from Gloria metro station. Stay here!

• 26th Oct 2014

Amazing place, great atmosphere!!!! totally recommend it. 1. metro and supermarket are just around the corner, it takes 2 mins walk only. great location to many tourist spots. 2. this place is well organized, clean with good facilities. hot shower,nice bathrooms.air conditioner is great. 3. very close to Lapa, a great place to party. 4.Staff are very nice, helpful and fun. the common area is perfect to meet new friends. An excellent for people who travel alone. highly recommend it !!!!!!

I don't know how to mention high and low points, because I've just seen high points. It's a really clean and organized place, everything is new, lot's of facilities, it's located just some steps of the subway station and the staffs are so helpful.

- you can give just a little bit better exchange rate, in hostel was 2.1, at the exchange office 2.45 :)

• 11th Oct 2014