Discovery Hostel Reviews

Rua Benjamin Constant 26, Glória, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Wonderful hostel in Rio. Super friendly and helpful staff. Very close to Metro station and short walk to Lapa and Santa Theresa. Great vibe. Awesome breakfast. I'm looking forward to staying there again when I arrive back in Rio.

• 15th Nov 2014

nice hostel. good location and a chilled place to hang out mid week, easy walk to lapa and santa teresa

Absolutely Fantastic, from checking in to checking out. The staff are wonderfully friendly and know all the good activities for the daytime and all the great parties in the evening. There's never a shortage of guests to get along with. A great laugh, couldn't recommend it more!

• 1st Nov 2014

Fantastic stay at Discovery hostel!! The location is great for Lapa nightlife but not noisey. Breakfast was really yummy (French toast, fruit, bread rolls, jams, cakes and juices). Rooms were clean and nicely decorated, although the 3 tier bunks were rather high. Hostel in general is nicely decorated and the staff really lovely and helpful! Would really recommend :)

Probably the best Hostel I have ever stayed in! The Hostel is run by very experienced travelers. They have incorporated all the good stuff they have experienced so far during their stays at Hostels around the world into their Hostel. The best thing about that Hostel is probably the staff: extremely friendly and helpful. Apart from that: good facility, always clean, good location and an amazing atmosphere. Trust me: its worth the extra money! Do not book one of the cheaper ones in Rio!!

We totally loved this place, so much so that we booked back in for our last night in rio. The staff were so keen to help us, show us about and talk us through maps. Breakfast was great, some if the staff made fresh cakes. The place was super clean and right next to the metro to head to the beaches. We'll defo be back! Thank u guys

Discovery was the best hostel I have stayed at in South America. Super friendly staff who will proactively help you with anything, very social atmosphere, clean, safe, amazing breakfast. Perfect to relax and finding other people to enjoy your stay in Rio. One minute from Gloria metro station. Stay here!

• 26th Oct 2014

Amazing place, great atmosphere!!!! totally recommend it. 1. metro and supermarket are just around the corner, it takes 2 mins walk only. great location to many tourist spots. 2. this place is well organized, clean with good facilities. hot shower,nice bathrooms.air conditioner is great. 3. very close to Lapa, a great place to party. 4.Staff are very nice, helpful and fun. the common area is perfect to meet new friends. An excellent for people who travel alone. highly recommend it !!!!!!

I don't know how to mention high and low points, because I've just seen high points. It's a really clean and organized place, everything is new, lot's of facilities, it's located just some steps of the subway station and the staffs are so helpful.

- you can give just a little bit better exchange rate, in hostel was 2.1, at the exchange office 2.45 :)

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Poland

We enjoyed our stay at discovery the staff were extremely helpful and facilities were clean and fun! Only downfall was the tiny shared bathroom for the private rooms which seemed to always be cold. Would recommend:)

I had an excellent experience at Discovery Hostel. The staff in particular were the stand out for me, they were all extremely knowledgeable, friendly and fun. Taiane in particular was so good to me and really went above and beyond to ensure I had a great experience. I would recommend anyone visiting Rio to stay at Discovery, the location and hostel amenities were outstanding and I really believe the great staff separates this hostel from the others,

• 3rd Oct 2014

There is nothing bad. I felt so welcomed I would go back any time! It is steps from the subway.

Nice clean hostel, good atmosphere, great staff and great breakfast. Only problem for a tall guy was how to get in the middle of the three bunk beds.

First hostel of my trip and what I now compare everything to. The staff were friendly and informative, breakfast was great and evening Caipirinhas were only 5R! Good location beside the metro and within walking distance of Santa Teresa and Lapa. Have recommended it to others on my travels, who have subsequently stayed there and agreed.

A lovely hostel, very friendly and felt likle home! Great Wifi and Comfy beds with very clean shared bathrooms! Dorms had 3 story bunk beds which looked a bit high but they were more sturdy than ones in other hostels! They even let us come back and use the wifi after we had checked out! GREAT PLEACE TO STAY!

• 13th Sep 2014

Great place to meet other travellers. All staff were very helpful, the hostel is clean, homely and close to everything as the subway is just round the corner. If I return to Rio I'll be staying here. Thanks for a great stay.

I like this hostel because of its perfect location, very helpful staff, good breakfast, and good facilities. It's just 2-3 minutes walk from the Gloria metro station. Enrique was really helpful briefing us where to go, what to do, he even provided us with some tips like sunset time, best way to go where and maps with commentary that is really helpful tool. Breakfast was average but it's free. The design of the rooms and the bathroom is really nice and functionality-wise it's good.

Well run with lots of the things that matter to travellers done right (showers, big lockers, adapters etc available). Good atmosphere and staff make an effort to remember your name an ensure you have all you need for a good stay. Well done.

This was an amazing hostel. Comfortable vibe, friendly staff who are informative about the area, and are even happy to take you out on the town! Feels like home, but better because you are in Rio!

« first « Prev 1 2 3