Discovery Hostel Reviews

Rua Benjamin Constant 26, Glória, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I loved Discovery Hostel! Next time I go to Rio I will be staying here again. It has the perfect atmosphere for those just looking to have some fun. It is easy to make friends and the staff is wonderful. LOVED Discovery Hostel.

• 5th May 2015

great hostel, the owner really understands what it takes to make a Hostel fun and enjoyable

Very nice place

One of if not the best hostel ive stayed in, staff so friendly, helpful and put the time into ensuring there is plenty for you to do day or night!

• 25th Apr 2015

awesome place with awesome staff

One of the best hostels we stayed in during 3.5 months of travelling around South America. Helpful staff, clean (although ours was small for 9) rooms with comfortable beds each with their own shelf, light and plug. Breakfast every morning was lovely - homemade cake, fruit, bread and French toast.

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Well-organized, friendly, and dedicated team of staff.

One of the best hostels I've been to! Super clean, organized and comfortable. The staff goes above and beyond to make you feel comfortable. It's walking distance to the best places. The location is perfect - metro is on the corner. I preferred staying here than in copa or ipanema because there's more to do in this area and everything is cheaper. Plus copa is just a 10 min metro ride away when you do want to check it out. I highly recommend!

• 20th Apr 2015

Pros: Super friendly staff. I had my bag stolen at the beach and they were more than helpful (special thanks to Santiago, Tati, Fred and Rob); Wi-fi available in the rooms; Breakfast delicious; Comfortable beds (even though they are 3-floor bunk beds) with light and plug. Cons: Does not have many places to eat at night nearby (It's super close to a metro station, which is a big plus); Some receptionists could learn more about the city, I was sent to have lunch in a restaurant that was closed.

Very nice hostel, the staff were really warm and helpful, had a good time there, hope to see ya soon! Abrazos to Fred , Enrique and others!----- chino bachata

Fantastic Staff and great hostel all round!

• 15th Apr 2015

No reason not to stay here, do it.

A really great place to meet people, mainly solo and pairs of travellers. The set-up of the courtyard and the lounge area enable interaction with other guests. I stayed for seven days, so saw plenty of people come and go, but always the same style of easy going, respectful people. The breakfast's were nice, the staff were helpful. The location was brilliant, Gloria metro station is 1 minute walk! Girls dorm is nice, and comfy beds. I was glad to be on the bottom bunk though! I would stay again.

Very nice staff and a great location if you are looking for a place outside the crowded areas of Copacabana and Ipanema. The nice old town area of Sta Teresa is in walking distance and the metro station is almost in front of the door.

Discovery Hostel has cultivated an absolutely amazing environment with incredible staff!!

• 11th Apr 2015

I have traveled all around the world and can unequivocally say this was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. My reasons: 1) the staff are friendly and attentive. Upon arrival, they give you a tour and a huge map of Rio with activities to do and best modes of transportation. 2) the hostel is very clean. I saw multiple people everyday making sure the rooms and common space were tidy. 3) incredible location 4) a great atmosphere for meeting new people. Definitely recommending.

Probably one of the best hostels in the entire continent. Great breakfast, top notch security, wonderful location next to lapa the party area, wonderful service. You get a personalized map when you check in and they sit you down and tell you everything you need to know. The all girls dorm is amazing (balcony, clothes hanging rack, private bathroom). I made great friends here. Also theres a hostel cat. That just put it over the top for me. Thanks for the good times yall!

I think for rio this is a great location - away from the tourists but just seconds from the metro and walking distance to lots of great neighbourhoods. Super clean, comfey beds and the best added value is the map they provide you with on the first day. Enrique sits down to go over everything. Also the breakfast is good and home made! Nice spot

It's no surprise that Discovery Hostel was awarded best small hostel globally and best hostel in Latin America in 2014. It is undoubtedly the best hostel I've stayed at. Enrique and the team went above and beyond to make my stay as comfortable as possible. Discovery is not a party hostel, however the bar outside is a great way to meet other travellers and Will makes a mean caipirinha. Walking distance to Lapa (party central) and a short metro ride to Copacabana and Ipanema. Stay here!

Brilliant hostel. Obviously, could be closer to Copacabana/Ipanema, but overall I was happy to stay here. Maybe you could hold a weekly night at the hostel as well to encourage people to get to know each other. Maybe something like discount drinks/happy hour so everyone meets in the same place?

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4