Discovery Hostel Reviews

Rua Benjamin Constant 26, Glória, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I travelled already al lot, but this is definetely the nicest hostel I ever had! especially the breakfast was really great!

great hostel and vibe, but location was very sketchy. Prostitutes are quite literally on the street around the corner from the hostel, so while you can get the metro station easily... I wouldn't recommend walking around by yourself at night. The neighborhood/area is a bit dangerous and there isn't really anywhere nearby you can safely chill.

It is ineed the Nr 1 Hostel in Rio. Staff are taking care of you and never had so friendliy staff on my trip so fare. Loction is perfect too, you have the metro in 1 min. away and brings you in 15 min to Ipanema or Copacabana. Nightlife (Lapa) you can rich in 10 min waking distance. If you can catch this hostel, do It!!! Thx for this great 10 Days in Diiscovery!!! Simon (swiss)

This place is perfect! I felt right at home here. It's in a beautiful house that's super clean and half a block away from the metro station (15 mins to the beach). Santa Teresa is a 5 minute walk away and it's close to Lapa, which is great for going out at night. When you get there, the staff sit you down with a map of Rio and tell you everything there is to do/see--they were always so helpful and informative. Easy to meet people if you're traveling solo, plus (my favorite part) there's a cat!!

The atmosphere was awesome, thanks to the lovely staff and great way it is run. It was perfect apart from the area being a little threatening (security at discovery was wonderful though) and all of rio being expensive! The staff were so helpful and friendly, breakfast was great. They play music and the hostel is sooo pretty and layed out in an open and sociable way. Bar was good (Enrique's cocktails are to die for). Would definitely come back again, thanks everyone!

I stayed in the dorm and got the highest bed which was challenging going up and down especially at night while trying to use the bathroom. But it was an interesting experience! Otherwise, the hostel was excellent, perfect location, helpful staff, clean facilities and nice atmosphere. Absolutely recommended, thanks.

I can only rate the hostel 100% as it is one of the best kept hostels I have ever stayed in. Staff is very friendly, helpful and inspiring. I felt very much at home. It was actually the first hostel where I was not afraid to walk around barefoot and even stay in the kitchen as they keep the place super clean. also great location. super comfortable and great value for money. Apart from all this the hostel has great atmosphere and great caipi!

EXCELENTE!

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Argentina

Best hostel I've evet stayed at! Clean, safe, and one block from the subway. The staff is beyond helpful and the showers were the best I had in all of South America. Will definitely be back.

• 18th Mar 2014

The Discovery Hostel is definetely one of the most beautiful Hostels I´ve ever been to.It´s nicely located and the staff is very helpful. What makes me giving the staff only an "average" is the unflexibility they showed. I got picked up at 7 in the morning, and asked if the night receptionist (who prepares breakfast at 7.30am anyway) could give me coffe already half hour before...and they denied. As the Hostel is not the cheapest one I would have expected more flexibility!

Discovery Hostel is a very nice boutique style place. It is super clean and the staff is helpful and knowledgeable. They offer great breakfast with a lot of variety and even homemade cake. All the rooms have air con and they offer free wifi working in all the rooms and common areas. It is a beautiful, cozy house with a great patio and the perfect location, just 2 min walking from the next metro station. I enjoyed my stay there and would definitely come back, maybe even on my way home.

Great hostel, the staff was amazing, trying to be helpful all the time. The hostel has everything we wanted it to. Thanks for everything, we loved staying there!

I just loved this hostel! The atmosphere, the staff... Everything about it!! The best hostel i've ever been to:)! Visit it!!

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Sweden

The gents here that run the hostel are very informative, even after I checked out I would pop in and ask them for directions or info on various tours. I really liked how close it was to the metro station and the lockers that were right under the bed- very convient. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to others. Obrigada :)

Unbeatable location (very close to Metro station, Lapa around the corner, safe neighbourhood) and super helpful staff make this hostel incredible.

Great hostel! Very nice and helpfull staff! Good beds and airco in the rooms. Metrostation and supermarket just around the corner. Safe area and walking distance to Lapa. Beaches by subway only 15-20min away. Cristo Redentor and Sugarloaf by bus 20min. Overall i would recommend this hostel unless you rather prefer to be closer to the beaches. Thnkyou for having me Discovery!

Everything was nice. The owner, Henrique, is very thoughtful, as all the staff. All facillities are great, everything is new, nothing cheap. Beds have individual luminaires, but the bunks have 3 beds, and the top is very high - pay attention if you're scare of it. Showers are nice. Super close to the metro station, has market and drugstore in the corner. Bestest to you, guys!

My experience was excellent here. Clean facilities, located next to Metro station and everyone was very friendly. Noise level was low inside bedroom area.

• 13th Feb 2014

Near to the metrostation Gloria (so you never get lost). Discovery Hostel is a hard place to leave and it is all in the little things. The staff is great and help you out with everything. Clean rooms, clean showers and a well equiped kitchen. The bunks have little lights so you can read in your bed without waking up anybody. Great place when you travel solo and want to meet other people.

This is a great hostel! If your not sure where to stay. This is the place. Everybody was very friendly, respectful and extremely helpful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3