Discovery Hostel Reviews

Rua Benjamin Constant 26, Glória, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Great location, extremely helpful staff

Discovery is a very well organized hostel where it was very great to stay for 5 days. The staff is lovely, the breakfast too, I will recommend it for everyone who want a nice and friendly stay in the beautiful city of Rio de Janeiro!

Very, very friendly staff, cozy common areas, super-fast wifi and clean facilities. The location is great for partying (Lapa) and getting to the beaches is reasonably easy by subway. Music and people were rather loud until midnight usually - so even in a private room early nights weren't really an option. Just for consideration if you wanna sleep - bring earplugs.

Great atmosphere, one of the best hostels I have been :)

Really great hostel.

Second time i've stayed here and absolutely no complaints. Staff are super helpful and the room was clean and tidy. Definitely recommended.

I cannot recommend this place highly enough. This was my 3rd stay at Discovery. It's my home away from home now. Clean and comfortable. Great part of Rio. Close to Lapa and Santa Theresa. 50m from the Metro which makes getting to Copa and Ipanema a cinch. The staff have always bent over backwards to make my stay in Rio amazing. Helping with anything from transfers, tips on where to go and also a shoulder to cry on and spare bits and pieces when the airline lost my luggage.

Fantastic hostel- very clean, comfy beds and a great atmosphere. Staff were very helpful! Everything you could want in a hostel and more! Definitely recommend this place.

A lot of thought has gone into this amazing place and the staff really made it, especially the super cool Ozzy girl at reception who was really helpful with everything.

Super gorgeous hostel with great staff and atmosphere. Was in a 6 bed female dorm with ensuite and it was perfect - although top bunk not great for anyone with vertigo or if you head out for to many drinks! Fab spot and most likely will head back there again. Highly recommended.

Discovery hostel was great! Amazing breakfast in the morning and really helpful staff! I think it's the best hostel in rio by far!

We really enjoyed our stay there. Staff was awesome: friendly, helpful and always available when needed! The rooms are clean and have triple bunk-beds, so be sure not to be suffering from vertigo when chosing the topmost bed ;-)

Very good hostel with a well run and well organised set-up. Breakfast was very varied and enjoyable. The communal area was great for meeting people and the wifi was generally pretty good. Located next to a subway meant the whole city was accesible.

This hostel had a great (backpacker) atmosphere. As a couple it was easy to be social when we liked, and just talk to eachother when we liked. The breakfast was nice, and it felt good to actually do our own dishes for once. The drawback was the fact that we had to walk by people hanging in the chillout area to get to the shower/toilet.

I've been to Discovery Hostel twice and each time I felt at home. It's so cozy! I love the beds and pillows, super comfortable. By far the best bed I've ever slept in a hostel. The staff is very friendly and helpful, they really care about guests and host different dinner events like churrasco. Very clean and organized. The hostel is close to Lapa and Gloria metro stop, so it's easy to get to many places. The atmosphere is very chill and homey. When I return to Rio, I know I'll stay here again.

Very good hostel! It had everything you find nice about other hostels, all combined in this one!

• 17th Nov 2014

Wonderful hostel in Rio. Super friendly and helpful staff. Very close to Metro station and short walk to Lapa and Santa Theresa. Great vibe. Awesome breakfast. I'm looking forward to staying there again when I arrive back in Rio.

Nice enough hostel offering good access to the tube. Aircon in the dorm was a plus. Not keen on the shaky triple bunks or the foam pillow but had an ok few nights sleep and met some nice people. Closest beach was a bit of a let down and staff recommended I avoid it as it wasn't very clean. Staff were lacking in local knowledge. When I asked where was a good local restaurant I was told "I don't know, I never eat out". Not really what you want to hear. Good breaky though and everything was clean

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Wales

nice hostel. good location and a chilled place to hang out mid week, easy walk to lapa and santa teresa

Absolutely Fantastic, from checking in to checking out. The staff are wonderfully friendly and know all the good activities for the daytime and all the great parties in the evening. There's never a shortage of guests to get along with. A great laugh, couldn't recommend it more!

• 1st Nov 2014