Discovery Hostel Reviews

Rua Benjamin Constant 26, Glória, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Highly recommend Discovery Hostel for its excellent staff, great location and social but homey atmosphere.

This is a wonderful place to stay. Great access to Centro, bus station, other parts of the city. Good but not great access to swimmable beaches. Really great, welcoming atmosphere. One tiny drawback: the Internet is slow.

• 20th May 2014

Great hostel with a good crowd of people some of whom left and came back. Staff are friendly, the location is good, and they let you bring your own drinks in. The breakfast only being served from 8.30 exactly is a bit annoying and they could do with another toilet/ shower. The 9 bed triple bunk room is next to the street so bring ear plugs

The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful.

• 19th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Very cozy environment especially to meet other travellers with superb staff (even went out with us on a few occasions). It's also very convenient to take the metro from there (100m at most) and a close walk to Lapa/Santa Teresa. The breakfast was also excellent (french toast, anyone?). All in all, an excellent hostel!

The hostel was awesome, one of the best free breakfasts available. Also the employees were super nice and helpful and the hostel atmosphere was really nice. It's also conveniently close to the metro station, beach and Lapa neighborhood. The place is a good mix of social hostel without being too crazy of a party place. I would definitely would recommend it to anyone looking for a good place in Rio!

Nice place with friendly atmosphere. All the staff members do their best to make people feel at home. Can't say I felt really comfortable in my bed because it was literally a matress on the floor. Can't say security is perfect. But all the rest was pretty awesome! What makes a hostel a great place to stay? Atmosphere. This place definitely has it. Great place to meet people! Can definitely recommend it and would love to come back one day.

Top hostal, top location, top staff! Tiny showers are the only possible drawback.

Really nice hostel and great value for money. My only comment is that one of the guys in the reception seemed slightly annoyed when I asked something (mostly average stuff such as tours, directions ext) and I noticed that he acted the same way towards other guest. The rest of the staff were great though, and I would def recommend this hostel !!

L.O.V.E.D it, this was by far the best hostel I've ever been to! What a gorgeous old merchants' town house - the high ceilings, the beautiful courtyard and the comfy common room. You guys made my stay in Rio epic!! Thank you

I had such an amazing time at Discovery Hostel. I had booked myself in for 7 nights in the female dorm. The airline I flew with lost my luggage so I was pretty upset on arrival. Sebastian greeted me at the front desk and made me feel welcome straight away. He and the other staff helped me speak to the airline to arrange my stuff arriving the next day as well as making me feel at home and pointing me in the direction of where to get essential stuff! The staff are extremely friendly and welcomin

• 24th Apr 2014

Location is very good. Easy to visit the Corcovado, The Sugarloaf, Lapa

We had a brilliant time at Discovery, the location is great for the metro and buses to the main attractions as well as for going out in Lapa (Friday/Saturday night was brilliant). The atmosphere in the hostel was great as well, it was really friendly. Breakfast was delicious and we love the cat. We would definitely stay there again and would recommend it highly!

Amazing hostel. It's not a big hostel nor a party hostel but still very social. Great location, secure, incredible staff... It's an award winning hostel for a reason.

great lace, great atmosphere and location! Need I say more, 100%

Great hostel, great vibe, great location!!

I travelled already al lot, but this is definetely the nicest hostel I ever had! especially the breakfast was really great!

great hostel with the perfect location (just 100 m walking fron the Gloria metro station) very clean rooms and comfortable beds, free internet, great breakfest and a realy helpfull staff ! a great place to meet new friends. came back for a second time, i guess that says it all.

great hostel and vibe, but location was very sketchy. Prostitutes are quite literally on the street around the corner from the hostel, so while you can get the metro station easily... I wouldn't recommend walking around by yourself at night. The neighborhood/area is a bit dangerous and there isn't really anywhere nearby you can safely chill.

Thank you Discovery Hostel for the most AMAZING time in Brazil! On the first day in Rio, we lost a mobile phone in a cab and the staff (Zion & Martha) went the extra mile to call the cab driver to get it back for us! It was a miracle and only made possible by the love and peace from Discovery Hostel! Our one week there was excellent with activities, barbeque, staff became our friends and we felt we were living in a lovely home with a family! We'll be back! Hugs to Enrique, Seb, Lauren Nacho! xo

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels