Discovery Hostel Reviews

Rua Benjamin Constant 26, Glória, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Fantastic hostel. Great atmosphere (met a bunch of people), very helpful and friendly staff, lots of suggestions on things to do, beautiful building, all the services you could ask for, reasonably priced, and one of the best breakfasts you'll find at any hostel. My only challenge was that I was on the third-level bunk, which made it a bit difficult to keep my stuff organized. Otherwise, they deserve their reputation as one of the best hostels in Latin America.

The staff is friendly and extremely helpful and knowledgeable. The breakfast is delicious. The community feels like a family.

J'ai adoré mon séjour au Discovery, je m'y suis senti comme chez moi. Le personnel est super génial, accueillant et chaleureux, je recommande vivement cette auberge! Au plaisir ;)

I've travelled in Hostels throughout the world and this is by far the best one I have come to stay in. This feels like a house, with a welcoming feel and comforting ambiance. It is impeccably clean. The breakfast is amazing. Homemade French toast, banana pancakes, fresh papaya etc. The best part of the hostel is the people (and the cat!), the staff are amazing from the receptionist to the bartender. There is so many great exchanges and wonderful tips and advice on exploring Rio.

The hostel was nice but the walls were pretty thin. Also it wasn't as close to the beach as we thought it was. They also had a very cute cat Leche =^.^=

Unbeatable! Awesome staff Delicious and varied breakfast Good location Amazing atmosphere Congrats to Zion, Enrique and all the others

Excellent hostel. Very clean and full of friendly helpful staff. Showers are hot and clean. Location is really good, right beside a metro so doesnt take long to get into the city. Ideal for nights out in Lapa and a great hostel to meet other like minded travellers

Such a fantastic hostel, possibly the best of my 3 months in South America! So close to metro meaning you're close toto everything. Great staff, great breakfast, great facilities. Perfect for solo travellers as it is super social. Definitely stay here!!

Any Hostel where i am greeted by a cat at check in gets 5 stars from me . first of a few hostel in Rio .the staff was great and helpful the whole time with things to do and information , one of the best staffed hostels ive ever stay at anywhere in the world . they also made homemade lemon cake for breakfast. the layout of the hostel makes it very social great place to stay and make friends

great location and extremely helpful staff.

Gostei muito do atendimento, a Rafaela é muito atenciosa e me deu muitas dicas interessantes de passeios, locomoção e segurança. O clima do hostel é super agradável.

Our first hostel I'm South America and could hardly fault it. Staff were super welcoming, always helpful and gave us a great introduction to the city. Rooms, kitchen and bathrooms were always clean- bedding too. Hostel located near bus and metro stops meaning relatively simple to get to all areas of the city. Make sure to ask David for the Discovery Caiprinah (we think he's still discovering the perfect mix!)

My favorite hostel during my 3 week trip in Brazil! Very social, great staff, lots of organized activities. It's everything you'd want in a hostel.

Best Hostel we've stayed in in South America. My partner and I stayed in both a private room and a dorm room. They rooms have everything you need. Bathrooms are always kept clean, the breakfast in the morning is amazing. The staff at this property are absolutley fantasic and really make the place very social. We meet so many nice people during our stay here. Even tho the hostel is a little away from the beaches the metro is a 2min walk away from hostel and very cheap to travel on.

Wish I could've stayed longer. Very chill and clean hostel with good proximity to the nightlife of Lapa. Great common areas to meet fellow travelers. David the bartender will get you nice and buzzed with inventive drinks before hitting up the samba clubs!

Brilliant hostel. Great location. Really friendly staff. Good breakfast and exceptionally clean!!!

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. Cosy and homely, never too full with people, as such there's always a great friendly environment. Zion and all the guys that work there are amazing too. Believe all the other great reviews - this place really is awesome!

My first hostel experience and it was great! I found the staff to be extremely welcoming and helpful - providing advise and directions to make my weekend trip packed with sights and adventure. I traveled to Rio to see the sights and although I spent only a little bit of time at the hostel itself, it was enough to make me feel safe, energized, and adventurous traveling into a new foreign city. Discovery Hostel was a great addition to making my trip memorable.

My first stay in a hostel and it was truly an amazing experience. Super clean house with everything you could possibly need. Really close to buses and metro. Delicious breakfast and great people working there. I made so many wonderful friends and there were always recommendations on the board for things to do in the city. I had non stop fun and I wish I could have stayed longer! Five stars!

• 6th May 2015

I loved Discovery Hostel! Next time I go to Rio I will be staying here again. It has the perfect atmosphere for those just looking to have some fun. It is easy to make friends and the staff is wonderful. LOVED Discovery Hostel.

• 5th May 2015