Discovery Hostel Reviews

Rua Benjamin Constant 26, Glória, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Rooms are available for you? Just go for it!! There's reasons why this hostel has the highest ranking.

The perfect hostel! The owners have thought of everything to ensure this hostel stands out from the rest. When we first arrived the receptionist on duty sat down with us and gave us a detailed run through of everything to do in Rio. The beds in the dorms were so comfy and the AC meant that sleeping at night was not a problem even with the extreme Rio heat. Breakfast was delicious and the atmosphere, at least while we were there, was friendly, welcoming and relaxed!

One of the best hostels I've stayed at purely on the quality of staff and location. Jade, Hannah, Sergio and Robby and the others truly make your stay unbelievable, they really go out of their way to help you, they are all travellers so they know what you want. Right next to the metro and busses which is so handy! Only like 20 mins door to beach! Right next to nightlife! If this place has room for a pool, it would be the best hostel in the world. Small hostel with a great communal feel. Recomend

Pros : Good location & Nice staff Cons :Difficult to climb beds and the poor & late breakfast (from 8:30 to 10:30 ) Obs. You are twice as likely to have a bad sleep in a triple bunk bed than in a double one. I couldn't sleep properly in my whole stay there.

• 10th Jan 2015

A well run hostel with a competent and knowledgeable staff. The hostel is usually full of mostly single people and there is a wonderful communal aspect to it. The proximity to public transportation is amazing and the price is reasonable.

• 9th Jan 2015

Really nice place, great staff, next to metro station gloria, ten minutes walking to lapa and a supermarket nearby! We would really recommend this hostel!

Very much enjoyed my stay! The staff is amazing, it has a great atmosphere with lots of common space to hang out, the location is ideal-- next to nightlife, yet still a quiet place to return to. I felt spoiled because the beds are so comfy. Stay here if you want to get the most out of Rio!

Great location, extremely helpful staff

Location isn't the best. It is more of a commercial area. Some of the staff members were good, but some were very hostile. Aussie girl at the reception was awfully rude. Brekky was good. Rooms are great. Clean hostel.

Discovery is a very well organized hostel where it was very great to stay for 5 days. The staff is lovely, the breakfast too, I will recommend it for everyone who want a nice and friendly stay in the beautiful city of Rio de Janeiro!

Since my arrival, I understood why this is one of the bets hostels in Rio. Excellent location, nice and friendly staff, very clean rooms and bathrooms, amazing breakfast (all you can eat)! I have no complains about the hostel nor the staff. Unfortunately, Gloria neighborhood can be a dangerous area at night if you walk alone beyond the main streets. Beware! I had a horrible experience being robbed on Avenida Infante Dom Henrique, but it was my fault.

Very, very friendly staff, cozy common areas, super-fast wifi and clean facilities. The location is great for partying (Lapa) and getting to the beaches is reasonably easy by subway. Music and people were rather loud until midnight usually - so even in a private room early nights weren't really an option. Just for consideration if you wanna sleep - bring earplugs.

Great atmosphere, one of the best hostels I have been :)

Really great hostel.

Second time i've stayed here and absolutely no complaints. Staff are super helpful and the room was clean and tidy. Definitely recommended.

I cannot recommend this place highly enough. This was my 3rd stay at Discovery. It's my home away from home now. Clean and comfortable. Great part of Rio. Close to Lapa and Santa Theresa. 50m from the Metro which makes getting to Copa and Ipanema a cinch. The staff have always bent over backwards to make my stay in Rio amazing. Helping with anything from transfers, tips on where to go and also a shoulder to cry on and spare bits and pieces when the airline lost my luggage.

Fantastic hostel- very clean, comfy beds and a great atmosphere. Staff were very helpful! Everything you could want in a hostel and more! Definitely recommend this place.

A lot of thought has gone into this amazing place and the staff really made it, especially the super cool Ozzy girl at reception who was really helpful with everything.

Super gorgeous hostel with great staff and atmosphere. Was in a 6 bed female dorm with ensuite and it was perfect - although top bunk not great for anyone with vertigo or if you head out for to many drinks! Fab spot and most likely will head back there again. Highly recommended.

Discovery hostel was great! Amazing breakfast in the morning and really helpful staff! I think it's the best hostel in rio by far!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels