Discovery Hostel Reviews

Rua Benjamin Constant 26, Glória, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Amazing place!!! The staff treat you like friends, beds are comfy, whole hostel is beautiful!! Breakfast is amazing , they always have Events as a whole hostel for you to go out too. Amazing place. Best hostel I've stayed in ever. Great location too. Easy metro to the beach.

If you are about 20, you are from England, USA or Australia and your main thing in your holiday is to drink lot of alcohol and party with other english speaking people, this is your place! I'm not in that category, so for me this hostal was really noisy (party hostal). What was good was the bed, the breakfast and the helping staff. Location is quite good to go places (metro is really close), but I did not like the streets around the hostel. Not enough showers/toilets in the morning.

Under a minute from the Gloria station. Amazing atmosphere, fantastic staff and overall a great experience. Everything has been thought through from a travellers perspective, from drawers with labels in the kitchen to personal lights, lockers and plug sockets. The staff are great fun and knowledgeable, the bar is great and they organise great nights out. Great breakfast! There is always advice on what to do during the day and night. Best hostel I've stayed in, don't stay anywhere else! Loved it!

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in, great atmosphere and staff with excellent trips. I plan on staying here again with my return trip to south america next year.

best bed by far, breakfast is nice, staff Enrique is fantastic the rest are good but sometimes they have trouble with English! location is't less than 1 min from Gloria metro-station which is very useful and the hostel is close to the party neighborhood (LAPA) 10 min taxi which is good when you are drunk after a long night out :)

There is no place like Discovery Hostel! We miss this place so much. They gave us an amazingly warm welcome and took the time to give us super helpful tips on what to do in the city. The staff is great. Enrique explained us everything really well, David makes the best Caipirinha (don't say you want a strong one) and André took us to the Maracana to see some football. We really recommend staying here. It felt like home away from home.

Great hostel! Everyone is very friendly and it's in good location to get around! It's nice and clean and they have some great activities planned however they do have large mark ups so if you're on a budget do it yourself!

Thank you for your kind review! We really enjoyed your stay here and look forward to your return. We provides a wide variety of activities for all budgets including free things to do in the city. We work with companies that provide the best value for money and also keep in mind security, dependability and enjoyment! We encourage our guests to go to explore the city and provide them with all the tools they need to do this, whether it is on their own or with one of our recommended tour companies.

Fantastic hostel with a very good staff. We were in a dorm room and the beds were super comfy! Super close to the metro and walking distance to Lapa. Includes a yummy breaky.

Fun place to stay.

Warm and welcoming athmosphere. Nice activitities have been offered and the stuff was always helpful. Ist just a little bit noisy and the private rooms are very small. But although we would recommend it :)

• 26th Aug 2015

Anyone thinking of booking here...Do it! Really great hostel with all the little touches that make a hostel a home for that little while you are there. It is set up for backpackers by backpackers who bought this together. Really good atmosphere whether you want to take it easy or if you want to have a good time and party. Staff are really friendly and attentive, sorting loads of trips for you if you wish (a trip to a match at the Maracana is definitely recommended, I went twice) Flamengo!

One of the best hostels I ever stayed in. They though about every detail and that's what makes a huge difference. The place is clean, sheets come in a sealed plastic. The bunk beds are attached to the wall and beds have quite a space between them. Each bed has a small shelf on the side, with a plug and a lamp. Great showers, many bathrooms, comfortable lounge. Great location, close to the subway and right next door to atms, pharmacies, bars and markets. Staff is nice, friendly and helpful.

Best hostel i've ever been in Brazil. - nice staff and atmosphere - located near important places in RIo and the subway - i will recomend to my friends and certainly come back for other trips to Rio

What an amazing hostel, one of the best I've stayed in from the moment you walk in you feel rite at home. Great place to meet people and what an amazing breakfast. Location is good, Metro only meters away. You won't regret staying at this place 😃

1 2 3 Next » last »