Discovery Hostel Reviews

Rua Benjamin Constant 26, Glória, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I have traveled all around the world and can unequivocally say this was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. My reasons: 1) the staff are friendly and attentive. Upon arrival, they give you a tour and a huge map of Rio with activities to do and best modes of transportation. 2) the hostel is very clean. I saw multiple people everyday making sure the rooms and common space were tidy. 3) incredible location 4) a great atmosphere for meeting new people. Definitely recommending.

Probably one of the best hostels in the entire continent. Great breakfast, top notch security, wonderful location next to lapa the party area, wonderful service. You get a personalized map when you check in and they sit you down and tell you everything you need to know. The all girls dorm is amazing (balcony, clothes hanging rack, private bathroom). I made great friends here. Also theres a hostel cat. That just put it over the top for me. Thanks for the good times yall!

I think for rio this is a great location - away from the tourists but just seconds from the metro and walking distance to lots of great neighbourhoods. Super clean, comfey beds and the best added value is the map they provide you with on the first day. Enrique sits down to go over everything. Also the breakfast is good and home made! Nice spot

It's no surprise that Discovery Hostel was awarded best small hostel globally and best hostel in Latin America in 2014. It is undoubtedly the best hostel I've stayed at. Enrique and the team went above and beyond to make my stay as comfortable as possible. Discovery is not a party hostel, however the bar outside is a great way to meet other travellers and Will makes a mean caipirinha. Walking distance to Lapa (party central) and a short metro ride to Copacabana and Ipanema. Stay here!

Brilliant hostel. Obviously, could be closer to Copacabana/Ipanema, but overall I was happy to stay here. Maybe you could hold a weekly night at the hostel as well to encourage people to get to know each other. Maybe something like discount drinks/happy hour so everyone meets in the same place?

Just a realy Nice hostel with very comfortable beds, a super Nice relaxt staff, clean kitchen and the greatest atmosphere. From the hostel go left and right and you'll Find a Long street with shops like Supermarkets, fruit/vegetables, farmacies etc. Metro is a minute walk and you can go everywhere from there. Big score in everything!

Discovery hostel - Perfeição. The staff (Enrique, Will, Rafaela and co went out of their way to make my stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Enrique even loaned me his own money to go out one night when I reached my daily ATM limit - LEGEND! The hostel is a 1 minute walk from Gloria metro station, which takes around 20 Minutes to get to Ipanema beach. It's only a 5 minute walk to LAPA which is must do at the weekends. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I'll be back for sure!

Quite simply the best hostel I have ever stayed at - staff were friendly and helpful giving us all the info we needed to explore Rio, place was clean and well kept and all at a great price!

• 29th Mar 2015

After travelling in South America this hostel is a delight. Comfortable beds, great breakfast and a cool vibe with friendly and helpful staff. The location, for me, is a big plus located in the historic and charismatic part of Rio with nightlife within walking distance and the beaches of Zona Sul easily accessible by metro - the station being less than a minutes walk away. A distinct upgrade on other hostels I stayed in in Rio. Comfortable sofas a treat too.

• 21st Mar 2015

This is really amazing place !!! It is so close to the main party district and metro station is just 50 meters away. Clean , safety with good facilities. It takes only 15 minutes to go to Copacabana by tube. Most of all I liked the staff - so cool and friendly ! Thank you guys for my great stay here :)

Great hostel in a good location really close to the metro. Great social area and helpful staff. Kitchen is on the small side but is only a small hostel so it's not a big issue.

Супер! это реально лучшее место, если вы хотите остановиться в Рио, атмосфера, расположение, персонал, все на высшем уровне, вам не захочется покидать это место) советую!

• 9th Mar 2015
  • Russia

Best hostel in South America! I've been travelling the world for 6 months now and this tops them all. Friendly welcoming staff who provide you with a map and personal tips of the city. Large beds, although the third level beds are quite high up, that are comfortable. Clean bathroom facilities. Nice little kitchen with the best hostel breakfast in the world. Lounge and terrace area for socialising. Hostel bar serving cheap caipirinhas every day from 8-11pm brings everyone together.

Great place and atmosphere, staff are very friendly and helpfull. Tks Taiane and Sergio. Only downside, they don`t accept credit card, only cash.

In my eyes, this hostel has pretty much nailed it. It's a relatively small hostel so there's a really nice community feel about the place and I met some fantastic people there. The staff were incredibly friendly, the breakfast tasty, beds were comfortable, and it's a minute from the local metro station. I'm sure this may not neccessarily be the cheapest hostel in Rio, but I think it nevertheless offers fantastic value for money. Without a doubt one of the best hostels I've stayed at.

Stayed during carnival, clean, friendly and in a good location. Only thing I could fault was lack of facilities (no pool or table tennis or anything) and common areas were quite small.

A truly great hostel. It is a short ride on the metro from Copacabana, Ipanema etc but more than makes up for it with its the staff and atmosphere. During Carnival you stay with the same like-minded people for the full week which makes a welcome change from the revolving door hostels. The staff manage to give the illusion that they are part of the group (which they are) when in fact they are working really hard to ensure that everybody has a good time. Can I book for next year? Seriously?

Wonderful staff, cute decor, and good breakfast! Super pricey but I'm glad I stayed there!

Met some really cool like minded people at this place and the place itself, along with the staff who work there are excellent. They couldnt help enough during my time here where really made all the difference being my first time visiting Rio. Loved it!!

• 8th Feb 2015

If you are LAPA its got to be Discovery.

• 6th Feb 2015