Discovery Hostel Reviews

Rua Benjamin Constant 26, Glória, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

EXCELENTE!

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Argentina

Best hostel I've evet stayed at! Clean, safe, and one block from the subway. The staff is beyond helpful and the showers were the best I had in all of South America. Will definitely be back.

• 18th Mar 2014

The Discovery Hostel is definetely one of the most beautiful Hostels I´ve ever been to.It´s nicely located and the staff is very helpful. What makes me giving the staff only an "average" is the unflexibility they showed. I got picked up at 7 in the morning, and asked if the night receptionist (who prepares breakfast at 7.30am anyway) could give me coffe already half hour before...and they denied. As the Hostel is not the cheapest one I would have expected more flexibility!

Discovery Hostel is a very nice boutique style place. It is super clean and the staff is helpful and knowledgeable. They offer great breakfast with a lot of variety and even homemade cake. All the rooms have air con and they offer free wifi working in all the rooms and common areas. It is a beautiful, cozy house with a great patio and the perfect location, just 2 min walking from the next metro station. I enjoyed my stay there and would definitely come back, maybe even on my way home.

Great hostel, the staff was amazing, trying to be helpful all the time. The hostel has everything we wanted it to. Thanks for everything, we loved staying there!

I just loved this hostel! The atmosphere, the staff... Everything about it!! The best hostel i've ever been to:)! Visit it!!

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Sweden

The gents here that run the hostel are very informative, even after I checked out I would pop in and ask them for directions or info on various tours. I really liked how close it was to the metro station and the lockers that were right under the bed- very convient. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to others. Obrigada :)

Unbeatable location (very close to Metro station, Lapa around the corner, safe neighbourhood) and super helpful staff make this hostel incredible.

Great hostel! Very nice and helpfull staff! Good beds and airco in the rooms. Metrostation and supermarket just around the corner. Safe area and walking distance to Lapa. Beaches by subway only 15-20min away. Cristo Redentor and Sugarloaf by bus 20min. Overall i would recommend this hostel unless you rather prefer to be closer to the beaches. Thnkyou for having me Discovery!

Everything was nice. The owner, Henrique, is very thoughtful, as all the staff. All facillities are great, everything is new, nothing cheap. Beds have individual luminaires, but the bunks have 3 beds, and the top is very high - pay attention if you're scare of it. Showers are nice. Super close to the metro station, has market and drugstore in the corner. Bestest to you, guys!

My experience was excellent here. Clean facilities, located next to Metro station and everyone was very friendly. Noise level was low inside bedroom area.

• 13th Feb 2014

Near to the metrostation Gloria (so you never get lost). Discovery Hostel is a hard place to leave and it is all in the little things. The staff is great and help you out with everything. Clean rooms, clean showers and a well equiped kitchen. The bunks have little lights so you can read in your bed without waking up anybody. Great place when you travel solo and want to meet other people.

This is a great hostel! If your not sure where to stay. This is the place. Everybody was very friendly, respectful and extremely helpful.

What a fantastic stay at Discovery! Fabulous hostel, fab people and fab staff! Thank you thank you thank you Discovery! It was a pleasure and I couldn't have chosen a better hostel for my first ever hostel stay! You guys are amazing - keep winning those awards! All the best, Catherine

I absolutely fell in love with the staff. Amazing people who are kind, personable and caring!!! I was sad to go!!!!! Jamesina

• 1st Feb 2014

Breakfast there was the worst one in my travels: a roll, sweaty cheese, and a few cm pieces of melon? there was never any juice which should be a staple of a good Brazilian breakfast. Staff there was the best part of this hostel! Extremely knowledgeable and passionate about Rio and ensuring their guests had the best time during their time in the city and in the hostel. Also,, the bunk beds are scary high and difficult and painful on the feet to climb up to.

Very cool place, staff very helpful

I can't recommend this hostel highly enough. Friendly and helpful staff, clean, great atmosphere, excellent location, beautiful decor......I will definitely stay here again when I return to Rio.

If you don't like heights or climbing ladders then make sure ask for lower bunk in dorm as 3rd bunk is very high Otherwise a great stay

Thanks for making my first experience with a hostel to be a perfect one!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels