Discovery Hostel Reviews

Rua Benjamin Constant 26, Glória, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

We had a brilliant time at Discovery, the location is great for the metro and buses to the main attractions as well as for going out in Lapa (Friday/Saturday night was brilliant). The atmosphere in the hostel was great as well, it was really friendly. Breakfast was delicious and we love the cat. We would definitely stay there again and would recommend it highly!

Amazing hostel. It's not a big hostel nor a party hostel but still very social. Great location, secure, incredible staff... It's an award winning hostel for a reason.

great lace, great atmosphere and location! Need I say more, 100%

Great hostel, great vibe, great location!!

I travelled already al lot, but this is definetely the nicest hostel I ever had! especially the breakfast was really great!

great hostel with the perfect location (just 100 m walking fron the Gloria metro station) very clean rooms and comfortable beds, free internet, great breakfest and a realy helpfull staff ! a great place to meet new friends. came back for a second time, i guess that says it all.

great hostel and vibe, but location was very sketchy. Prostitutes are quite literally on the street around the corner from the hostel, so while you can get the metro station easily... I wouldn't recommend walking around by yourself at night. The neighborhood/area is a bit dangerous and there isn't really anywhere nearby you can safely chill.

Thank you Discovery Hostel for the most AMAZING time in Brazil! On the first day in Rio, we lost a mobile phone in a cab and the staff (Zion & Martha) went the extra mile to call the cab driver to get it back for us! It was a miracle and only made possible by the love and peace from Discovery Hostel! Our one week there was excellent with activities, barbeque, staff became our friends and we felt we were living in a lovely home with a family! We'll be back! Hugs to Enrique, Seb, Lauren Nacho! xo

It is ineed the Nr 1 Hostel in Rio. Staff are taking care of you and never had so friendliy staff on my trip so fare. Loction is perfect too, you have the metro in 1 min. away and brings you in 15 min to Ipanema or Copacabana. Nightlife (Lapa) you can rich in 10 min waking distance. If you can catch this hostel, do It!!! Thx for this great 10 Days in Diiscovery!!! Simon (swiss)

Great atmosphere, patio, cool and very helpful owners and staff :) Super convenient location for attending night events in the Lapa district and quick access to the main sights and beaches. We spent a great time here :D

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Poland

This place is perfect! I felt right at home here. It's in a beautiful house that's super clean and half a block away from the metro station (15 mins to the beach). Santa Teresa is a 5 minute walk away and it's close to Lapa, which is great for going out at night. When you get there, the staff sit you down with a map of Rio and tell you everything there is to do/see--they were always so helpful and informative. Easy to meet people if you're traveling solo, plus (my favorite part) there's a cat!!

The atmosphere was awesome, thanks to the lovely staff and great way it is run. It was perfect apart from the area being a little threatening (security at discovery was wonderful though) and all of rio being expensive! The staff were so helpful and friendly, breakfast was great. They play music and the hostel is sooo pretty and layed out in an open and sociable way. Bar was good (Enrique's cocktails are to die for). Would definitely come back again, thanks everyone!

A localização é excelente... Fica muito próximo da estação da de metrô (2 min de caminhada). Também há restaurantes, supermercado, farmácia e lanchonetes muito próximas ao local.. Os funcionários são muito educados, prestativos e amigáveis. Além de incentivar a boa convivência e simpatia com os demais hóspedes. A cozinha é muito organizada, e não tive problemas em deixar as coisas que comprei pra comer lá... Também gostei muito do contato com pessoas do mundo inteiro e de praticar outras línguas

• 29th Mar 2014

I stayed in the dorm and got the highest bed which was challenging going up and down especially at night while trying to use the bathroom. But it was an interesting experience! Otherwise, the hostel was excellent, perfect location, helpful staff, clean facilities and nice atmosphere. Absolutely recommended, thanks.

I can only rate the hostel 100% as it is one of the best kept hostels I have ever stayed in. Staff is very friendly, helpful and inspiring. I felt very much at home. It was actually the first hostel where I was not afraid to walk around barefoot and even stay in the kitchen as they keep the place super clean. also great location. super comfortable and great value for money. Apart from all this the hostel has great atmosphere and great caipi!

EXCELENTE!

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Argentina

Local muito bom, limpo, ambiente agradável, staff sempre dispotos, localização muito boa, praticamente ao lado da estação de metrô. Colchões e travesseiros ótimos!

• 21st Mar 2014

O Hostel é muito bem localizado, o atendimento é muito bom, o quarto em que fiquei era limpo e organizado. O café da manhã também é bom e o clima do local é ótimo. Gostei e recomendo!

Best hostel I've evet stayed at! Clean, safe, and one block from the subway. The staff is beyond helpful and the showers were the best I had in all of South America. Will definitely be back.

• 18th Mar 2014

The Discovery Hostel is definetely one of the most beautiful Hostels I´ve ever been to.It´s nicely located and the staff is very helpful. What makes me giving the staff only an "average" is the unflexibility they showed. I got picked up at 7 in the morning, and asked if the night receptionist (who prepares breakfast at 7.30am anyway) could give me coffe already half hour before...and they denied. As the Hostel is not the cheapest one I would have expected more flexibility!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels