Discovery Hostel Reviews

Rua Benjamin Constant 26, Glória, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

This hostel had a great (backpacker) atmosphere. As a couple it was easy to be social when we liked, and just talk to eachother when we liked. The breakfast was nice, and it felt good to actually do our own dishes for once. The drawback was the fact that we had to walk by people hanging in the chillout area to get to the shower/toilet.

I've been to Discovery Hostel twice and each time I felt at home. It's so cozy! I love the beds and pillows, super comfortable. By far the best bed I've ever slept in a hostel. The staff is very friendly and helpful, they really care about guests and host different dinner events like churrasco. Very clean and organized. The hostel is close to Lapa and Gloria metro stop, so it's easy to get to many places. The atmosphere is very chill and homey. When I return to Rio, I know I'll stay here again.

Very good hostel! It had everything you find nice about other hostels, all combined in this one!

• 17th Nov 2014

Wonderful hostel in Rio. Super friendly and helpful staff. Very close to Metro station and short walk to Lapa and Santa Theresa. Great vibe. Awesome breakfast. I'm looking forward to staying there again when I arrive back in Rio.

Nice enough hostel offering good access to the tube. Aircon in the dorm was a plus. Not keen on the shaky triple bunks or the foam pillow but had an ok few nights sleep and met some nice people. Closest beach was a bit of a let down and staff recommended I avoid it as it wasn't very clean. Staff were lacking in local knowledge. When I asked where was a good local restaurant I was told "I don't know, I never eat out". Not really what you want to hear. Good breaky though and everything was clean

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Wales

Proprietários e funcionários muito atenciosos, ambiente muito agradável e em ótima localizacao.

• 13th Nov 2014

nice hostel. good location and a chilled place to hang out mid week, easy walk to lapa and santa teresa

L auberge est tres bien mais il procede par lit a 3 niveaux. Le seul inconvenient serait de se retourver au dernier niveau. De plus, l auberge est situee dans le centre et non a copacabana mais elle est proche dun metro.

Absolutely Fantastic, from checking in to checking out. The staff are wonderfully friendly and know all the good activities for the daytime and all the great parties in the evening. There's never a shortage of guests to get along with. A great laugh, couldn't recommend it more!

• 1st Nov 2014

Fantastic stay at Discovery hostel!! The location is great for Lapa nightlife but not noisey. Breakfast was really yummy (French toast, fruit, bread rolls, jams, cakes and juices). Rooms were clean and nicely decorated, although the 3 tier bunks were rather high. Hostel in general is nicely decorated and the staff really lovely and helpful! Would really recommend :)

Probably the best Hostel I have ever stayed in! The Hostel is run by very experienced travelers. They have incorporated all the good stuff they have experienced so far during their stays at Hostels around the world into their Hostel. The best thing about that Hostel is probably the staff: extremely friendly and helpful. Apart from that: good facility, always clean, good location and an amazing atmosphere. Trust me: its worth the extra money! Do not book one of the cheaper ones in Rio!!

Totally recommend this place! Staff was so kind and like family. social and you can meet many people there and get tpgether. location is safe and close to metro. close to the beach. cant complain ever. This hostel made me feel so good about my trip in south america!

We totally loved this place, so much so that we booked back in for our last night in rio. The staff were so keen to help us, show us about and talk us through maps. Breakfast was great, some if the staff made fresh cakes. The place was super clean and right next to the metro to head to the beaches. We'll defo be back! Thank u guys

Discovery was the best hostel I have stayed at in South America. Super friendly staff who will proactively help you with anything, very social atmosphere, clean, safe, amazing breakfast. Perfect to relax and finding other people to enjoy your stay in Rio. One minute from Gloria metro station. Stay here!

• 26th Oct 2014

Amazing place, great atmosphere!!!! totally recommend it. 1. metro and supermarket are just around the corner, it takes 2 mins walk only. great location to many tourist spots. 2. this place is well organized, clean with good facilities. hot shower,nice bathrooms.air conditioner is great. 3. very close to Lapa, a great place to party. 4.Staff are very nice, helpful and fun. the common area is perfect to meet new friends. An excellent for people who travel alone. highly recommend it !!!!!!

I don't know how to mention high and low points, because I've just seen high points. It's a really clean and organized place, everything is new, lot's of facilities, it's located just some steps of the subway station and the staffs are so helpful.

- you can give just a little bit better exchange rate, in hostel was 2.1, at the exchange office 2.45 :)

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Poland

Tres bonne auberge. Personnel tres accueillant, transmettent une tonne d information sur la ville. Pieces communes bien amenagee et jolie. Tout proche d une station de metro ce qui est tres pratique.

We enjoyed our stay at discovery the staff were extremely helpful and facilities were clean and fun! Only downfall was the tiny shared bathroom for the private rooms which seemed to always be cold. Would recommend:)

I had an excellent experience at Discovery Hostel. The staff in particular were the stand out for me, they were all extremely knowledgeable, friendly and fun. Taiane in particular was so good to me and really went above and beyond to ensure I had a great experience. I would recommend anyone visiting Rio to stay at Discovery, the location and hostel amenities were outstanding and I really believe the great staff separates this hostel from the others,

• 3rd Oct 2014