Discovery Hostel Reviews

Rua Benjamin Constant 26, Glória, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

A really great place to meet people, mainly solo and pairs of travellers. The set-up of the courtyard and the lounge area enable interaction with other guests. I stayed for seven days, so saw plenty of people come and go, but always the same style of easy going, respectful people. The breakfast's were nice, the staff were helpful. The location was brilliant, Gloria metro station is 1 minute walk! Girls dorm is nice, and comfy beds. I was glad to be on the bottom bunk though! I would stay again.

Very nice staff and a great location if you are looking for a place outside the crowded areas of Copacabana and Ipanema. The nice old town area of Sta Teresa is in walking distance and the metro station is almost in front of the door.

Discovery Hostel has cultivated an absolutely amazing environment with incredible staff!!

• 11th Apr 2015

I have traveled all around the world and can unequivocally say this was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. My reasons: 1) the staff are friendly and attentive. Upon arrival, they give you a tour and a huge map of Rio with activities to do and best modes of transportation. 2) the hostel is very clean. I saw multiple people everyday making sure the rooms and common space were tidy. 3) incredible location 4) a great atmosphere for meeting new people. Definitely recommending.

Probably one of the best hostels in the entire continent. Great breakfast, top notch security, wonderful location next to lapa the party area, wonderful service. You get a personalized map when you check in and they sit you down and tell you everything you need to know. The all girls dorm is amazing (balcony, clothes hanging rack, private bathroom). I made great friends here. Also theres a hostel cat. That just put it over the top for me. Thanks for the good times yall!

1 2 3 4 Next » last »