Discovery Hostel Reviews

Rua Benjamin Constant 26, Glória, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

If you're going to rio stay here! It's so clean, the staff are really security conscious so the doors are always manned and it's just an awesome hostel. The staff are so so friendly and full of good advice. Right next to a metro and a supermarket too. We loved breakfast and our stay here. We felt so welcome. Thank you

The best hostel i have ever been. The location is great and the stuff too. I got a map with a explenation on my first day. With this tips i have saved at least the amount of the hostel price i have paid for... TOP

Very good, clean and cosy hostel. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Felt very welcome and at home there. The hostel attracts the right crowd. Easy to meet other people. Very close to the metrostation Gloria to go to the beaches and on walking distance from Lapa, Centro and Santa Teresa. Highly recommended!!

The staff make this place what it is; they really go out of their way. Location is brilliant, two minutes from Gloria metro and very safe. Close to amenities. Al very clean, free filtered drinking water saves money and helps the environment. Showers plentiful. Wifi works a treat in all areas inc the lovely small courtyard. Top place.

The staff at the hostel are amazingly friendly and helpful with any need, they will give you the best advices to visit the city on any aspect you're interested.Plus, the hostel itself is comfortable and clean with a nice garden plenty of common space to chill out or meet other travellers.Also computer's room. Superwell located with a metro stop 2 min away and the Lapa, Centro and Santa Teresa neighborhoods within walking distance.Also two big supermarkets on the corner opened until 22.

Excellent location, very close to the subway station and Lapa neighbourhood.

Absolutely great hostel: great location, totally clean, great owners and staff and totally comfortable beds. One of the best hostels I have stayed in so far :-)

Excellent hostel, great atmosphere and amazing staff. Top marks for Isabella, Rob & Gabriel.

Very cute, clean hostel with extremely friendly and helpful staff. Great ambience & no regrets staying here!

The Discovery was one of the best hostels I have stayed at. The staff are absolutely amazing, they are super knowledgeable and always go out of their way to answer any questions. The location is perfect. literally a metro on the corner and close to supermarkets and Lapa night life. If I go back to Rio I wont even consider staying anywhere else.

I only stayed here one night but it was great. So close to metro station and staff who clearly loved and understood Rio. Seemed to attract a nice diverse crowd to the courtyard out the back

Just brilliant in every way! Thanks Discovery, superb hostel x

BEST HOSTEL EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been in several hostels in Rio and this one have the best staff. Also, the location (in the midle between the bohemian district and south zone beaches, 50 steps to the metro) is a high point. The atmosphere is more like easy going but is quiet when it have to be.

The staff are very helpful especially Isabella. They all deserve a reward.

Excellent hostel. In a good location and with a really nice atmosphere. Its cosy enough to feel homely, but has enough space to not feel cramped. Right by the metro, so easy to find, and also right by the shops/cafes on the main front. I really would find it hard to pick a fault. Genuinely one of the best hostels I have stayed at, and reminded me of some of the top end hostels I stayed at in Portugal. Run by a friendly and efficient team, and definitely worth staying at if you're coming to Rio.

Friendly staff in a very good site. Have nice time there.

Awesome hostel. Great staff. Great location. Only suggestion I would make is to please add eggs to the breakfast :). I had a really nice time at this hostel and definitely recommend it.

This is one of the better hostel I have stayed in. It is situated near the metro and easily accesible from both airport in the city. The facilities are clean and well kept, but the staff this hostel are truly the difference maker. They are friendly, outgoing, and even took us out a couple times during the week. I would stay here again.

The staff are amazing - they sat down with a map and showed all the best spots in Rio and made us feel so welcome. There's a lovely social atmosphere, all the nicest tourists seem to be drawn here. The beds are comfortable, the whole place is clean, everything is open and bright and there's free access to the computers too. It's a perfect distance between the city centre, Lapa (parties), and Copacabana. A nice peaceful beach and a metro station just around the corner. IT'S SO GOOD!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels