Discovery Hostel Reviews

Rua Benjamin Constant 26, Glória, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

This is a great hostel! If your not sure where to stay. This is the place. Everybody was very friendly, respectful and extremely helpful.

What a fantastic stay at Discovery! Fabulous hostel, fab people and fab staff! Thank you thank you thank you Discovery! It was a pleasure and I couldn't have chosen a better hostel for my first ever hostel stay! You guys are amazing - keep winning those awards! All the best, Catherine

I absolutely fell in love with the staff. Amazing people who are kind, personable and caring!!! I was sad to go!!!!! Jamesina

• 1st Feb 2014

Breakfast there was the worst one in my travels: a roll, sweaty cheese, and a few cm pieces of melon? there was never any juice which should be a staple of a good Brazilian breakfast. Staff there was the best part of this hostel! Extremely knowledgeable and passionate about Rio and ensuring their guests had the best time during their time in the city and in the hostel. Also,, the bunk beds are scary high and difficult and painful on the feet to climb up to.

Very cool place, staff very helpful

I can't recommend this hostel highly enough. Friendly and helpful staff, clean, great atmosphere, excellent location, beautiful decor......I will definitely stay here again when I return to Rio.

If you don't like heights or climbing ladders then make sure ask for lower bunk in dorm as 3rd bunk is very high Otherwise a great stay

Thanks for making my first experience with a hostel to be a perfect one!

If you're going to rio stay here! It's so clean, the staff are really security conscious so the doors are always manned and it's just an awesome hostel. The staff are so so friendly and full of good advice. Right next to a metro and a supermarket too. We loved breakfast and our stay here. We felt so welcome. Thank you

The best hostel i have ever been. The location is great and the stuff too. I got a map with a explenation on my first day. With this tips i have saved at least the amount of the hostel price i have paid for... TOP

Very good, clean and cosy hostel. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Felt very welcome and at home there. The hostel attracts the right crowd. Easy to meet other people. Very close to the metrostation Gloria to go to the beaches and on walking distance from Lapa, Centro and Santa Teresa. Highly recommended!!

The staff make this place what it is; they really go out of their way. Location is brilliant, two minutes from Gloria metro and very safe. Close to amenities. Al very clean, free filtered drinking water saves money and helps the environment. Showers plentiful. Wifi works a treat in all areas inc the lovely small courtyard. Top place.

This was a good hostel with an awesome vibe. I would definitely stay here again.

The staff at the hostel are amazingly friendly and helpful with any need, they will give you the best advices to visit the city on any aspect you're interested.Plus, the hostel itself is comfortable and clean with a nice garden plenty of common space to chill out or meet other travellers.Also computer's room. Superwell located with a metro stop 2 min away and the Lapa, Centro and Santa Teresa neighborhoods within walking distance.Also two big supermarkets on the corner opened until 22.

Excellent location, very close to the subway station and Lapa neighbourhood.

Absolutely great hostel: great location, totally clean, great owners and staff and totally comfortable beds. One of the best hostels I have stayed in so far :-)

Excellent hostel, great atmosphere and amazing staff. Top marks for Isabella, Rob & Gabriel.

Very cute, clean hostel with extremely friendly and helpful staff. Great ambience & no regrets staying here!

The Discovery was one of the best hostels I have stayed at. The staff are absolutely amazing, they are super knowledgeable and always go out of their way to answer any questions. The location is perfect. literally a metro on the corner and close to supermarkets and Lapa night life. If I go back to Rio I wont even consider staying anywhere else.

I only stayed here one night but it was great. So close to metro station and staff who clearly loved and understood Rio. Seemed to attract a nice diverse crowd to the courtyard out the back

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels