Discovery Hostel Reviews

Rua Benjamin Constant 26, Glória, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

One of the best hostels I've stayed in! The staff were so helpful and friendly and really cared about u having a good time. Great location n atmosphere. I will be back next time I'm in Rio!

• 16th Sep 2013

Good hostel located centrally between downtown/Lapa and the beaches. The staff is amazing, and the owner always makes sure everyone is having a good time, and organizes events and BBQs. The hostel is very social; it almost has to be because it is organized around a central courtyard with the tables. The only issue would be that the bathrooms are outside and the room was a little bit small, but overall a good hostel, recommended.

Fantastic hostel, would have no hesitation about staying here again next time I am in Rio. Clean, felt very safe and met some lovely people. The staff were EXCELLENT, went of their way to help us and advise on things to do, how to get to places, lend us adaptors etc. I think this hostel is far better located than those which are nearer the beach as this is within easy walking distance to Lapa which is a good place to go to at night, but within easy distance of the metro for beaches in the day.

pure awesomeness. Thanks for a great time guys!!!!

This hostel is quite friendly, with a OK location. The beds were confortable even if they are 3 levels bunk beds. The main annoyance was the constant noise from the street in the 9 bed dorm I was staying in. Earplugs mandatory.

great cozy little place, easy to meet ppl and located in a really central interesting part of rio. loved it.

Discovery was our first hostel arriving in South America, it's been the best hostel we've stayed at, we loved it so much that we went back 3more times in between destinations. The staff really make this place, so helpful and we love the atmosphere! The pillows are extremely comfy in the dorms, and rooms are extremely clean! Thanks discovery for making our time on rio so enjoyable! Lisa

One of the best hostels I stayed in during my Brazilian travels! Zion and the team were warm, friendly and very helpful - they knew the best places to go for a night out and helped me sort out a problem with my flights. Great patio area, kitchen facilities and very comfy beds! Less than 10 mins walk to Santa Teresa and 2 min walk to Gloria Metro. I had one night here as it was my last in Brazil, but I would definitely return next time!

My stay at discovery hostel was great! I could not fault the hostel or the staff. Everyone was friendly and helpful and they provided useful information on how to get anywhere. While I was there, there was a dance lesson and a BBQ organised both were lots of fun! The hostel itself is lovely, well decorated, clean, with everything you need, good showers, plugs and lights by the beds, a kitchen, a social area. All the people that stayed there were good fun too and I really enjoyed my time there!

• 19th Aug 2013

Can't recommend highly enough! Great staff, great beds, great atmosphere.

It is small and cosy. Very good location. Very friendly personal. We were glad to stay there.

i had been in a lot of hostals around the world and this for sure the best, the staff is really nice, the hostel is always clean, there is a lovely vibe in this hostel that is hard to find in anyother place, even the cat (leite) it is really friendly

Highly recommended!!!!! Brilliant! :) Go for a smaller dorm if possible. LOVED THE HOSTEL!! really helpful staff... really friendly atmostphere..extremely clean ...nice breakie, central location..

• 11th Aug 2013

The hostel is really great in genera, the staff is helpful, they speak both english and spanish. The location is great (really near from downtown and lapa) but the area is not that pretty. The only complaint i got is that they got this 3 story beds that are a little bit complicated, specially if you arrive late at night and everyone else is sleeping.

This hostel was by far the best we had on our trip. The owners and all the staff at Discovery are incredibly helpful and friendly, they made our stay in Rio extra special. Breakfast is delicious (the bruschetta mix is great), it's so close to the Gloria Metro, in a safe neighbourhood with everything close by, and the vibe of this hostel was unparalleled to any other we stayed in South America - the attention to small detail really sets it apart. See you soon Zion & Enrique! Steve & Kell

I love this place. I stayed there the second time and it is the perfect place to stay while in Rio. Hot shower, clean comfy beds, nice helpful staff.

Discovery is one of the best hostels I have ever been! The staff is really nice and helpful, the location is great and it is safe and clean! For sure I will stay there in my next travel to Rio de Janeiro!

Had so much fun here!! The staff were amazing and so helpful! They really made our stay in Rio amazing!

• 29th Jul 2013

One of the highlights of my trip in Rio was definitely the wonderful atmosphere and energy of the hostel. Everyone was very helpful and available whenever anything was needed. I highly recommend this place for anyone looking for a comfortable and friendly place to stay! Thank you for everything, you guys were great!

• 28th Jul 2013

I stayed here for one night and could not have been happier with my stay. I had come on the last day of World Youth Day and literally outside of the front door of Discovery Hostel a conclave of cardinals from the church were exiting out of black vehicles and entering into a side-door. Twenty minutes later-the pope made a guest appearance and waved to a group of about 100 people who just happened to be in the area. This story speaks to the incredible location of Discovery Hostel.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels